Combat & Fear

The Lords of Iron worked on repairing heavy gun turrets from the destroyed AT-TE tanks. The Artillery fired and destroyed tanks and approaching droids. As a turret came online, the clone gunner took control, firing at the droids. The Blades and Spears used the lip of a fallen building for cover, taking careful shot at the droids. In the back lines, the Lions prepared their bikes, loading their bolters and sharpening their power swords, to charge into the advancing lines. The bikes roared to,life, and the bike squad drove out and the marines drove along the droids, throwing det packs and hand grenades, and opened fire with their bolters. The attack was swift and did some damage, as the explosives went off, ensuring extra damage was done to the forces advancing on the republic lines.

The spears would draw back, before returning, with spears and shields, to counter the droid forces who entered into close range fighting of the imperial lines.

"Stand ready men, we shall cut these machines down!" Voth commanded, before he took off his helmet, drew a horn, and blew into it, before putting his helmet back on.

The sound rang louder than the sounds of battle, and the Astartes charged forward, dodging tank and heavy weapon rounds, as they got closer, before eventually reaching the blocks of droids, stabbing and slashing through the cheap battle droids, the clones, inspired by the fervor of the marines, charged, joining them.

As the spears pressed deeper joined, the Lions and the Blades advance out, deeper into the enemy lines, and rushing down the commanders, before eventually, a blast from the tri-droid hit a astartes in the chest, and blast a hole through it's armor, throwing him back as the chest held a gaping wound, showing a rib plate.

Suddenly, like a looming shadow appearing, the Astartes and clones rained down on the back lines, blocking forces and destroying the droids in a pincer like movement. Kenobi and Skywalker would be able to capture the commander, and the Republic dealt with him.

The Imperials, would deal with their fallen brother. Many clones watched, they had seen the Astartes withstand hails of blaster fire, leaving only marks on their armor. So, to see one on the ground, the armor broken open, was strange. The Astartes of the Spears gathered around, before one took off the fallen marine's helmet and punched him in the face.

"You got knocked on your ass, get up, we can see your ribs aren't broken." Voth said, as he knelt down.

The marine staggered up, and was supported by a fellow astartes.

"We can get you fixed up." the spear marine said.

"Yesh, what does it take to kill one of those?" Anakin asked.

"From what I heard, more than what we have. My best guess would be a disruptor rifle." Kenobi said.

The ship landed, and Anakin and Kenobi smiled. A youngling walked out, and looked around.

"Jedi, we will be taking this craft, the Iron Eagle took minor flak damage and is no longer void proof, so we will be taking your ship to the Illios. Our work here is done." Voth said.

"Are they returning the dead?" the youngling asked.

"It would seem for them that death is optional." Kenobi joked.

"You must be Obi-wan's new learner." Anakin said.

"Actually, I was assigned to Anakin Skywalker." She said.

As Sirus walked by, he looked at the youngling, before he stopped. The two looked at each other, for a long period of time. He tilted his head, narrowing his eyes.

"Is he ok?" She asked.

"I can't tell. But I'm more concerned about something else." Kenobi said.

"We have heard news. You will be leaving to deal with a kidnapping. Best of luck." He said.

As he walked away, they noticed the other marines were shifting, they were talking over a closed loop, on the most part.

-meanwhile, far from the battle field-

"Senator Bail Organa and Senator Padme Amidala are recognized, they shall now give their reports on the alliance with this "Imperium"." Mas Amedda said.

The two platforms floated out, and everyone looked at the two.

"Senators, the Imperium, from it's history that I was told and translation of it's documents given, along with the accounts from one of it's scribes I conversed with, is, in it's old galaxy, a galaxy spanning empire. It stood for 10,000 years according to them, formed after a crusade where they reunited planets and reestablished contact with lost colonies, and the fought against various, dangerous alien species, ones that wished to destroy them. They were lead by an unnamed Emperor, who they perceive as a god, who sits upon a golden throne. They never referenced the Republic, and have never seen any species that we know of in the Unknown regions. They also claim to fight evil spirits, and do not know of the exsiatance of the hyper space lanes.

Much of their technology is different, strange, they have extensive Cybernetic and use Bio-computers, after claiming that every attempt to use AI will lead to the AI killing humanity, every time.

My study period was short, and I was overwhelmed by the vast amount of knowledge, but....a frightening claim was made, of 9 great generals, who, lead the Astartes in the early years, had leaders that were even more powerful, and they betrayed the Emperor, placing him on the Throne.

We do not know if these "traitors" are in our universe, but it is concerning. The super soldiers are made from humans, and are their emperor's angels. Their army is not standard, they are a divided and united force, in the protection of this "Imperium."

Their culture is also different, they are highly religious, with two main religions, A cult to their emperor, and a cult to a machine god, the major difference is the organizations, as the machine cult, seem to be more mechanical in their beliefs, extending to the body. I could not find much about the Emperor's worship. There is also a seeming rule where no man is to serve under the religious organization of the Imperium, so they have an all woman force.

My final note, revolves around self sacrifice, in order to defend the imperium." Bail Organa finished his report.

Everyone's eyes turned to Padme, as she was spacing off, and thinking.

"Padme?" Bail asked.

The senator looked up, surprised.

"Sorry, I, must have been lost in thought." she said.

"The Imperium....seems to travel in a different manor. The time was much shorter, but it is not hyperspace. The way they travel....is much worse. Two jedi were on our ship when we left, and after leaving, they were discovered to have injuries that nearly killed them, after long term exposure to their FTL method. They sealed every window, any way to see outside of the ship was closed, and they had patrolled the ship, armed.

I believe I learned why they needed to patrol the ship. Inside the ship.....I saw the dead, and the dead attacked. It was closer to a spirit. I was able to see out, and what I saw.....I could not describe other than a storm, but had faces......people. Something is brewing inside, and I am scared to see what will come from that storm." Padme said.

"Spirits? She can not be serious? Ghosts are not real." a senator said.

"This Imperium must have lied, we will need more men to figure out the secrets of this force." a second shouted.

Senators argued and yelled, claims and ideas were given and called out, before Mas Amedda slammed his staff, and quieted the room.

"This special meeting will reconvene in one hour. We will let cooler heads prevail." Palpatine said.

The Senators walked away, and the Chancellor's seat lowered, before closing, and Palpatine sat in his office, alone, and smiled.

An Emperor? Super human leaders? Power through religion? This Imperium would be difficult to deal with in his plan, they were a sudden addition, but, they feared aliens. This could be used. Spread them thin, and make the leaders believe that their Emperor was speaking, all he needed to do, was know what their Emperor looked like, and he could create an illusion using Sith Alchemy.