Operation: Thunder Strike

The Imperial vessels moved into Orbit around Mandalore. First to lock it's orbit was the Sheathe, the Fortress Monastery  of the Blades of Flame Chapter. Which was matched by several BattleBarges and Strike Cruisers.

Anakin looked down, scans had shown large areas for landing.

"So, are we going to set down in the clearing? Or are we going to bombard the Orks?" He asked.

"My Emperor. We are going to be launching a Thunder Strike Attack. My Companies are loading up into Drop Pods, and the Stormravens will deploy. We will then secure the landing area, while the Imperial Navy, along with the Republic Navy, will launch to secure the skies. After we can ensure that we have control of the skies in this section, we will have more forces land." Mhmun explained.

"Quick insertion? I think it would be better if we go for the domes, and ensure that they are safe, those are the housing for the population, so It will help that we ensure their safety." Anakin stated.

"Understood, the drop pods will land near the outer edges of the City, and the ThunderHawks will land with in the domes. Will you be joining us my Emperor?" Mhmun asked.

"I think I will." Anakin said.

"You can count me in, where my Master goes I go." Ahsoka said.

Anakin turned around, surprised and caught off guard.

"Ahsoka?! What are you doing here? I though I told you to stay back on Imperius!" Anakin said, surprised.

"You did, but I told the Sororitas, that I wished to join the Emperor and Observe the first battle he leads." Ahsoka said.

Anakin scowled.

"Mhmun. Make sure she stays on the ship. She is not allowed to enter the Atmosphere, or step foot on Mandalore. She is not allowed in any fighters, any landing craft, she is to stay in the fortress." Anakin commanded.

"Understood my Emperor." Mhmun said, before he put on his helmet, and quickly spoke. Two Astartes, who looked....smaller, just a bit, they didn't wear the full armor.

"Scout Lieutenants, you're job is to be the guards of the Princess, you are to make sure her presence on this ship, and only on this ship. She is not allowed out of the sheathe, this is the Emperor's decree until stated otherwise." Mhmun said, before the Scout Lieutenants saluted, and bowed.

On the Lower Decks of the Star fortress, the Blades of Flame astartes were loading up, packing extra ammunition, grenades and explosives for the battle they were preparing for.

"Company 4 and 5 will deploy by Drop Pod, Company 6, 7 and 8 will deploy by Dropships, Reserve companies will be deploying after initial secured landing, Veteran Companies will Deploy with the Emperor." The ship board Intercom stated.

"Full force deployment? This will be difficult for us to recover from." One brother stated.

"Our true Power will be shown. The Emperor walks with us. If he commands it, we shall be Legion." Another brother said. 

They climbed into the drop pod, before the hatch sealed and they were secured in place. The Pods dropped, before more fired from the following Battle Barges. Stormravens launched and flew down, following the trails of the Droppods.

The Astartes chapters would deploy first, with the exception of the Hussars, Hammers, Riders and Shields, they would remain in orbit, and deploy later. Macullos watched, seeing how they where the last of the Astartes to drop in, dropping a distance from a marked dome. 

The Mentors of the Imperium have never had a good standing with the forces of the Blind Maw. He had suspicious of them, they never.....they didn't feel right. Something felt.....tainted about them.