[Side Story] The Green Tide

A force of chapters were deployed to face the Ork threat, along with Navy elements, 3 rather sizable deployments of Guards, and a Titan Legion were there to stop the Waaagh of Warboss Murgrub Skullbitter. The many ork ships had been destroyed by the imperial vessels, along with dozens of other kroozers and a few batlekroozers. The main ship, however, was a massive spacehulk that they had made their home.

"The forces of the chapters, which were a few companies at first, were decreased by a fair bit, with boarding actions, both attacking and defending had lead to some ships being lost and destroyed by ork forces.

A hole into the warp opened, as an full chapter of Space Marines entered the battle, escorting a battlecruiser, with a rather large cannon, that had the ship built around it, began to glow. The Space Marines forces spread out, giving the Plasma Accelerator took aim at the large Space Hulk.

"Disengage the Space Hulk, the Drake of Pyrae is going to fire." The Chapter Master of the Mentors of the Imperium Broadcasted across the imperial fleet.

The Ship's great Plasma cannon glowed, before firing the giant blue beam of light, striking the Space hulk, as it began to move towards the Imperial fleet. Torpedos and lance fire at the Space hulk. There was a sudden burst of light, as the Orks launched something out of their ship. A lance strike hit the object, creating an explosion, thousands of miles wide, and pulled the entire Ork counter force into the Warp.

The Imperial forces would find their way out of the warp. The Fleet had been damaged, having around 60 vessels total, forces of the imperium found themselves in an area where there should have been a planet. 

The Mentors of the Imperium, would have their flag ship, The Great Lecture Hall, they met with the various leaders that could be found. Sitting at the end of the table, Macullos Invictio looked at the gathered space marines.

The Paragon Shields, now being lead by 3rd company captain Bror Shev, crossed his arms, looking as he leaned against a wall.

The Dreadnaught of the Riders Melevolent, Kon Kis, looked down, as it stood silently, listening. 

The Lieutenant of the first company of the Arjant Hammer, Vanek Sepatar, in the chair, his fingers crossed as his ruby eyes shifted side to side. 

The Chapter Master of the Hussars of Ice, Sollros Vonico looked around. 

"Our astropaths have not been able to contact any of our comrades, and the Navigator claim that the light of the astronomicon is much brighter even for our distance.

"And do you propose we do. Do we go to holy Terra? That....That's......sacraligious." Vanek said.

"We may not have a choice with what is to come. We may.....need to.....incorperate your forces into a brother chapter." Macullos said.

"You are over stepping your authority!" Bror shouted.

"No, I am not. The Codex astartes states that if multiple chapters are beyond the ability to rebuild will be granted the authority to join a fellow chapter. The Mentors are however at full strength, so it is the death of your chapters, but birth of a new chapter, the Chimera Claws." Macullos explained.

The 4 leaders all looked at each other.

"No." They all said.

"We are not giving up our identity. We will rebuild. As our gene fathers did in ancient times, we shall as well." Sollros said.

"The honor of our past will not be stripped from us." Kon Kis stated.

"And what will the other forces do? The guardsmen? The Machine cult? The sisters? They all are expecting us to lead." Vanek said.

The doors were pushed open by a servant girl, before she bowed and looked at the ground

"My Lordships, our auspex have detected a ship exiting the warp. It is approaching us." She stated,

"To the bridge." Macullos said, followed by the chapter leaders, with the exception of Kon Kis, who was too large to fit into the lift of the ship.

Upon reaching, they were met by a Mercury Class Battlecruiser, with the Markings indicating it was the lost fortress Monastery of the Lions of Numidia.

"It can not be. They were lost to the great Devourer." Bror said.

"Incoming message from the Cave my lord." one crew man said.

The message began, and the holographic image of a woman wearing a body suit, and having a lion pelt on her shoulders appeared.

"Well I am surprised. We thought we would be all that came. I welcome you all, to the New Galaxy." Emely, Master of the Pride said, smiling.

"Why did it have to be the bitch of the Alliance of the Blind Maw." Macullos said.

"Well, if it isn't the current chapter master of the disgraced Mentors. I'd call it a pleasure, but....well that was my grand mother's shame you still hold." Emely chuckled, before she turned off the transmission. 

-meanwhile-

Duchess Satine of Mandalore, was confused. She had just received a report from Almec, her prime minister, that a very, very large object had just left Hyperspace, and was coming towards Mandalore. The Transmission cut out before all the details were conveyed, and she worried, could it be a weapon the confederacy had created to attempt to conquer the neutral systems.

The transmission suddenly restarted.

"Duchess. We are under attack! There's thousands of ships falling on the surface. We need help! The Republic! The Imperium! We need help!" Almec shouted before the transmission was cut completely.

-MEANWHILE-

"WAAAAAAAAAAGH! We'z gonna fit cha til we find someting betta to fight you gitz!" Ork Warboss Skullbitter shouted, as the domed cities are attacked by the crashing ork forces.

THE NEXT Q&A is UP NEXT