Chapter 47

Dani's P.O.V.

I'm done playing video games. No, I didn't get bored, I'm just too lazy to buy more tokens. It's already 4:02 in the afternoon, and I have 28 minutes before Snow Fall. People won't expect me to go, because they think sweet little Dani is in London. I'm here as Andrea so I've got to make an impression on Ireland. When the people here don't recognize me, its for the better. Besides, if they find out I'm going to be in so much trouble. For the record, they can't kill me because it's my break anyway.

I went out of the arcade. The Snow Fall is 5 blocks away, so it's just a walk. Everywhere I pass, people stare at me like I'm going to die. Or they know who I am. Please no. I ran to the area of the occasion and hid behind the stage they made. I climbed on one of the trees and stayed there. There were girls dressed in white snow fur jackets and boots of the same decoration. Then there's the manager, shouting at an employee. 

"This is a disaster! Without our lead singer this is an epic fail!" The manager shouted at the poor employee. That's harsh.

"S-sorry sir, but Becca got the measles and couldn't make it." The employee said, he looked terrified at the looks of it.

"But what are we going to do now? The crowd is waiting for Becca!" The manager panicked again. This is my chance!

Before I went down the tree, I wore the mask on my face. Well it's like a blindfold with holes on it.

"How about I give it a whirl."

"Who are you?" The employee asked.

"Err...call me Andrea." I'm still not used to my new name Andrea.

"Can you sing?" The manager asked.

"Of course. Gimme the lyrics to the song and I'll sing it." They handed me the lyric sheet to the one song I'm going to sing. Oh my goodness. I'm going to sing Mistletoe? Yeah I am.

"Can you sing that?" The manager shook me. I nodded.

"Great now get on that stage." The employee pushed me on stage.

I never knew most of the people of Dublin were here. Oh god...this is not like one I have in America. But it's been a long time since I sang.

When the music started playing, it was my cue to sing. 

"It's the most beautiful time of the year,

Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer, 

I should be playing in the winter snow, 

But I'mma be under the mistletoe." I sang. Imagine this like you're on tour again....

"I don't wanna miss out on the holiday, 

But I can't stop staring at your face,

I should be playing in the winter snow, 

But I'mma be under the mistletoe." A smile begin to form on my face. Then I got my energy back.

"With you, shawty with you

With you, shawty with you,

With you, under the mistletoe"  The crowd started to clap to the melody, some were even dancing.

"Everyone's gathering around the fire,

Chestnuts roasting like a hot July,

I should be chillin' with my folks, I know,

But I'mma be under the mistletoe." Cheers getting louder.

"Word on the streets Santa's coming tonight,