Queen of the Dragons

By b00klover09

"Estelle, I will kill any man who stands in my way of having you. I will kill one to one thousand men!" I sna... More

-Story Aesthetics/ Author Notes-
-Prologue-
-One-
-Two-
-Three-
-Four-
-Five-
-Seven-
-Eight-
-Nine-
-Ten-
-Eleven-
-Twelve-
-Thirteen-
Fourteen
Fifteen
-Sixteen-
-Seventeen-
-Eighteen-
Nineteen
Twenty
-Twenty & a half-
Twenty one
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

-Six-

19.1K 671 199
By b00klover09

"That guard will not be able to protect them."

Glancing at my uncle, then to the fae princesses, a frustrated sigh left my lips. Of course that weak fae who was abnormally loud could not compete with a dragon. Him coming along with us was just a way to keep the 'peace.' The princesses knew the guard and it would probably set them at ease.

I needed my bride out of my way and content. With her sister and the nuisance guard that would do the trick I am sure.

"I know. When we return I will speak with Iona to have two guards placed to watch over them," I explained to Alazar as my eyes slid over to the sleeping fae sisters. They were too fragile. Especially Princess Estelle... Everything on her was slim and small...except for her curves.

Our women had curves also but I never was one to observe a woman so critically for this long. I suppose it was because my behemoth found her attractive. As she lay on her sister, sleeping soundly, I wondered if she would do the same once the trials of our marriage were over. Would she curl into me like this? Or would she be afraid and turn away...

Alazar began to chuckle, and I was snapped out the assessment of my bride. "What humors you?"

"Loche, if your little bride was awake and seeing you stare at her like that she may be frightened. Try not staring at her so intensely. I am aware she is beautiful but she is not going to disappear the moment you look away," Alazar chuckled as I felt like hitting the old fool. It was not my fault she is so...easy too look at.

I cleared my throat, glowering at him. "I do not need you to tell me where my eyes should stay."

Alazar scoffed. "It is just a word of advice. I have seen you looking at her when she is awake and she shies away from your intense gaze. Lighten your gaze, soften your face."

I do not need advice from a fool like him.  "Any more advice?" I snapped, not expecting him to actually give me some.

"You want advice on women? I thought I would be set aflame by the pyre before you ever asked such a question! Let me tell you, Loche, with women it is all about words. How you-"

"-I was jesting," I told him quickly, hopefully ending that god awful conversation he wanted to attempt at having. I did not need advice, women were not that complicated. One just has to occasionally spend time with her, make sure she is fed and that is it. And she needs jewels.

And mate pretty fae.

My behemoth of course had to mention intercourse. That was apart of marriage I would not mind fulfilling with the Princess. I have not taken a woman, but that is what instinct from my behemoth is for.

"So what are your thoughts on her not having wings? It is not good to make false promises to kings," he told me as I heard the whistling outside of the carriage. I winced, knowing it was that shadow fae. He had been whistling on and off since he got back on his horse.

"Who said I was to make a false promise?"

Alazar chuckled. "You want me to believe that you will keep that promise, Loche? You are your fathers son. If he gets word of it he will count you as not a man. My brother will be disappointed."

My father was disappointed in my existence, I do not care for his blessings, his words, or anything of that sorts. "I do not go back on my word."

"I will hold you to that, Lochelan...She seems like a nice girl." We do not even know that. She may be a spoilt, annoying woman. Who will pester me constantly. I know a man in the council whose wife is always on or around him. Would Estelle be like that?

It was uncommon for couples to be so affectionate in the castle, due to my fathers loneliness and despair but that couple could care less. Anyone knew the way to bend his hand would be to go to his wife. She was an unnecessary weakness. Princess Estelle would not be a weakness of mine.

Glancing back at my bride, I frowned. How on earth could she be asleep right now? Both of them actually.

"Princess," I called out to her, watching her not even flinch. "Princess?" I boomed, raising my voice, as both of their eyes snapped open.

I may have overdone it. Both the princesses clutched one another and their eyes were glowing. Glowing? I was not aware that their eyes glow... "What is wrong with you? Scaring us like that?" The other Princess questioned, as Princes Estelle scooted closer to her sister and leaned on her even more.

"Juni? Can I go back to sleep?" My bride yawned tiredly, her eyes slowly blinking to a close. What was wrong with her? Of course, I had to pick the defective Princess.

The middle princess shot me a glare before she patted her sisters shoulder gently. "Go back to sleep, Stelle. The dragons will be quiet," she hissed as Estelle sighed dreamily and settled back into her sleep.

"What is wrong with her?" I questioned, wondering if the way her neck was craned was hurting her. Why did it matter? She chose to sleep in a moving carriage...

The middle sister sighed before she began to seem a bit nervous. What is wrong with her now?"Estelle does not have her wings yet so she will be a bit everywhere. Her moods and tiredness. Tis not her fault, her body is finally getting ready to grow wings and transition. She needs sleep...at least twelve hours a day."

Twelve hours? How is she going to get anything done when she is sleep half the day? I bit my tongue as to not insult the middle princess who obviously did not like my attitude. "What else should I know about this transition?" I rather know now then be ambushed later.

"Um...well I do not know. Her hips and chest have grown." Then she pressed a hand into her face and blushed. "Do not tell Stelle I said that. I am just going through the list in my head!"

"It is okay, Princess. You are trying to help Prince Loche. Is there anything pressing or important he should know?" Alazar told her as I was thankful that he said something. What was I to say to that? Any man with eyes could see that the princess had curves. Of course I would claw their eyes out if they were to stare too much. Or at all.

She was not mine of course. We had to go through our marriage ceremony and if we did not complete it, I would be letting her go immediately.

No. Never.
Fae ours.

As much as my behemoth was somehow attached to the fae princess if she failed it would happen, whether he liked it or not. The behemoth was ready to take over, thoughts of pure anger began to thrum through my body, the behemoth trying to pry the control from my hands. He wanted to pounce on the princess. Ensure that everyone knew she would be ours. Which could not happen.

"Lochelan! Gather yourself," Alazar snapped, his heavy hand crushing my shoulder he was gripping. The pain from that, settled down my raging behemoth who was focused on the princess. "Princess Juniper was just telling us what to expect from her sister."

The princess was looking at me as if I was going to bite her head off. "As I was saying...uh well my sisters body has developed and she is ah fertile I think? I do not know but she just does not have her wings. It is a big change in the body so um she will often be in pain sometimes and her moods will shift. She may faint at random. Oh and when her back begins to bleed Tis a good thing! Our icarus bones have to sprout from our back for our wings to develop so that is very painful. You will see her back begin to bruise where her bones will eventually break through the skin. Tis thin and very flexible bone. Like the bone in ones ear!"

So she will be a complete and utter incapable mess here? How wonderful. "So you have no idea when she will get her wings?"

"No, not at all. Once her skin starts breaking I will say maybe two days from then! If you have any more questions I am sure Keynai can tell you," she said quickly as I wondered what questions she thinks I would have. For such a peaceful people, this gaining of wings sounds rather painful. For them at least.

Just as I was about I inform the princess I did not need have any more questions, the carriage stopped. Glancing out of the window, I felt relief flood me. Finally we are here. I loathe carriages, if it were not for Alazar and his 'hospitality' I would have left him and the princesses and flew back.

Alazar was already helping Juniper out of one side of the carriage and I glanced at the princess. She was falling over, sleep. Her sister forgot her and was too busy asking Alazar about his rings. I grabbed her head before she could fall headfirst onto the cushion.

Scooping up the princess in my arms, I tried to situate her the best as I could. It would be pointless to awaken her. She was obviously exhausted and in a deep sleep. Which still seemed rather impossible to me. Not to mention she was wrapping her arms around me and snuggling into my chest. Who did she think I was? What did she think I was? A pillow? I am most certainly not.

As I walked out of the carriage and made my way towards the castle steps, I could hear gasps and cheers. Looking back, I suppressed a growl.

Commoners, villagers. Working peoples. The council. Caticala. All were here to get a glimpse of the fae who would be living within these walls. Something new for them to potentially sway and poison. To sink their fangs into...

"Hello all you dragon people! I am Keynai and if you attempt to harm my Su Anya I will kill you!" The scythe wielding fae shouted to the crowd as I took a deep breath and gripped the princess tighter. I would kill this fae if he does not shut his mouth. Did I not tell him to stay silent? Ignoring the fae guard, I focused on the fae in my arms.

"And there they are!"

I growled, hearing that familiar, irritating, deep voice. A large, burly man was making his way down the grand staircase, quickly. If he were not so intoxicated with mead I am sure he would have been down the steps by now.

"You are late!" The man with darkened hair like mines but was quickly graying, spoke. Some say we resembled one another. I did not see that at all. His greedy eyes instantly took in the sleeping fae in my arms. He stumbled back a bit and wiped a hand over his face. "Ah, a beauty she is...and what about this one!"

I did not notice but Princess Juniper was next to me, rather close. "Hello, I am Princess Juniper! That is my sister, Estelle."

My father, King Hrains eyes widened as he looked over Princess Juniper. His eyes flashed to his behemoths and the princess gasped. "Beautiful, beautiful! Look at you," my father spoke, reaching out to attempt at touching Princess Juniper.

"Hrain."

Alazar snapped rather viciously, gently pulling Princess Juniper to stand next to him. My father growled loudly, scales appearing over the left side of his face. "Calm yourself, Alazar. I was admiring the girls beauty. You should be upset with Loche. He is the one who brought the one sister along as a mistress! Good job, my boy!" He laughed boisterously as I controlled my facial features.

A mistress? Why on earth would I be as dense of a man to have a mistress? All they did was sow discord and head pains to kings and the royal gentry. It was illogical.

"She is her sister, here to visit, nothing more. I am taking her up to her chambers," I explained to my father who was staring Estelle down as if she were a rare jewel.

"Ah, bed your beautiful woman! You waste no time, my son!" He chuckled, as his eyes fell to one of the maids. "Get me a cup of mead. Now!"

With Princess Juniper with Alazar, I took the princess up to the east wing of the castle. It was no where near my own chambers. Which Alazar strongly advised. It was not as if I would be seducing her to my chambers, or vice versa. I am sure the princess does not even know what intercourse is. Or if she does, it is not much...

Teach pretty fae.

I had to mentally not think of the images that my behemoth was displaying before me. None were appropriate and I felt the need to rip us apart if possible and hit the out of control animal.

Before I had a chance to open her chambers doors,there was a loud clearing of the throat. Ah, the shadow fae. Of course why did I not remember I had a nuisance guard on my heels.

"You will not enter the chambers to lay my Su Anya to sleep and possibly soil her!" He glared, twirling the scythe in his hands before stabbing it into the floor.

Kill fae.

The vivid images of my talons sinking into the fae's chest, as I pinned him to the ground swarmed my mind. Biting his head off was also circulating thorough that never ending violent current in our mind.

I cut my eyes at him. "You seem to misinterpret your role here. You are a painting on the wall from King Nyx. You are here has an act of good faith, nothing more. You utter a threat like that again to me and I will use your bones to pick my teeth once I have ripped into your flesh."

Of course I would not be as careless to kill him. I cannot kill an ally's guard. Alazar would have my head. Glancing back at him, I glared. The guard continued to smile as if I did not just threaten to end him. He did however move away and focus on something down the hall.

Once I was in her temporary chambers, I laid her down on the bed and wondered how on earth women sleep. I should cover her with the blanket of course. As I flipped the princess onto her stomach to pull the blanket up from the other side, she began to move.

"Princess?"

I watched her frantically gather her wits and turn around, staring at me as if I was a stranger. She let loose a scream, her unmatched eyes glowing in fear. "I know how this looks but I did not try to ah...soil you."

"Where is the soil?! You are not a g-gardener. Who are you?! Where is Juni? Papa!" She yelped as I was temporarily stunned by her screaming and confusion. What is going on? Again, I had to choose the defective one. I moved to get a bit closer to her and she began to flail her arms while closing her eyes.. "I will hit you!" How would she hit me with her eyes closed?

"What is wrong with you woman?!" I snapped, rethinking everything as my behemoth was insistent on letting him take over. I did not even want to imagine how he would 'help.'

"Estelle!"

"Juni!"

Princess Juniper rushed in, and immediately threw me an evil glare before grabbing her sister. "Estelle what is wrong? Tiui le anedi borei lesie porari."

I unfortunately ignored my fae studies so I had no idea what they were saying, fortunately Alazar followed her. "She asked what did you do to her."

"I did nothing," I frowned. "Why does she not know who I am?"

"Juni I think he tried to kiss me or, or look at my ankles," Princess Estelle whispered to her sister. "I do not know who this large man is!"

Her sister took a deep breath. "Estelle...ah this is Prince Loche, the dragon prince."

A look of confusion crossed her delicate features. "Why is the dragon prince here? Where is Dinah?" She questioned nervously, glancing back at me in fear as if I have done something to her eldest sister.

"He chose you, Stelle. That is why we are here. You fell asleep and he carried you to your room," her sister told her as she gave me an odd look.

"Dinah will be a perfect wife...why have you chosen me?" Why does she ask so many questions and what was supposed to be ones answered to such a question. I wanted her so I took her....

"Because you will be a perfect wife too, Stelle," Princess Juniper blatantly lied as she glanced to me and gave me a smile.

The princess stared at me then her sister and yawned. "Juniper, let us sleep. I am so very tired."

"Sure, Stelle. Just one second."

Juniper rose from the bed and quickly walked out of the room. I watched her grab the shadow fae and whisper something in his ear. He nodded slowly, "I will make sure of it, Su Anya."

They were hiding something from me. "Make sure of what exactly?" I questioned, making my way towards them as the Princess visibly stiffened.

"That my sister is safe," Princess Juniper stated quickly. "That is all...and that you are nice to her or else," She added in with a look of malice in her eyes.

"Su Anya I will gladly slap him with my scythe if he ever is to become mean with Su Anya Estelle!" The shadow fae announced as I sighed. Loudly.

Eat sister. Eat shadow. Keep Princess.

"I have been nothing but nice to your sister, Juniper. How on earth is she supposed to remember me and my kindness if she has forgotten this entire important day?" This is a problem. That I wish I known from the beginning.

Juniper's wings were now flapping. Was she upset? Would she randomly begin to fly? "It...it does not happen often, Prince Loche. It happens at random every once in a while...I have it under control."

"What causes it?"

"I do not know," she said quickly. Obviously lying to me.

This is ludicrous. "You will help me fix this problem of hers. I do not have time to worry if my future wife remembers me while adding onto my regular duties," I told her hotly, clenching my hands into fists so that I would not be provoked to shift. Both my dragon and I were not happy about this. At all.

She took a step back, glaring at me. "And another thing, you are lying to me so that gives me more reason to be irate."

The Princess looked away, confirming my thoughts that she was telling a lie. "I am telling the truth, Prince Loche."

"You may believe your lie but I do not...and this stays between us. Do not make it public knowledge of her defect...understood?"

If word spread of any insecurity in the castle, it would give means to vulnerability. Which would mean a threat and I would have to handle it. Death, of course, would be the only adequate answer.

"I am going to sleep," The Princess claimed before pushing by me and slamming the door shut.

Is this how women acted? Juniper seemed too emotional...at least from what I can tell Estelle does not act rash like her sister. Then again she makes up for that with this 'memory' issue. I should have just chosen the eldest. She would probably give me no hassle at all.

As soon as I thought that....my behemoth began to make himself known. My clothes began to tighten and a sharp pain enveloped my body. "Cannot control him, can you? When it comes to women and war the dragon cannot be so easily suaded."

I sighed loudly as I heard him chuckling. "And you thought dealing with women would be easy?"

"Silence, Alazar."

"Memory problems, emotions, jealousy. All the same when concerning yourself with them. Come, come let me give you some much-needed advice."

I scoffed, "I do not need any advice about women from you."

"Yes because you have dealt with so many of them, Loche."

******
You gotta love good Loche and Alazar banter right?🤣

QOTD: Any holiday traditions you guys have that you like? We go over my grandmas house and decorate her tree before we come back home and do ours❤️

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549 40 25
**18plus**dark-romance** Fearia is a strong willed girl who was trained to be a special ops agents by her adopted family. She is completely unaware t...
189K 5.8K 53
His eyes were red-rimmed, his hair tousled like he had been running his hand through it over and over again. His golden eyes looked so broken, so dee...
4.6K 355 24
"Um, excuse me, would you care to dance with me on the dance floor?" A low but not threatening voice had entered my head. I turned to my side to see...
453K 28.5K 93
Soon, I was thrusting my chest out to him, as I moaned. Moaned out loud. Trying to give him unhindered passage to my breasts. "Please" I moaned. "Pl...