My Life My Rules

Bởi LexForLexxanie

After being taken from her home by loan sharks, Kaila finds herself in an unforeseen environment. After being... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Pay Attention
Chapter 2: Sold
Chapter 3: Journey Through the Dark
Chapter 4: Hello Floor
Chapter 5: Ice Breaker
Chapter 6: Brunch
Chapter 7: Worlds Apart
Chapter 8: Our Little Secret
Chapter 9: Red and Blue
Chapter 10: Outfit Change
Chapter 11: First Stop
Chapter 12: Game Time
Chapter 13: Strike
Chapter 14: Hidden Scars
Chapter 15: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 16: Clues
Chapter 17: Shocked
Chapter 18: Blind Buying
Chapter 19: Two Extra Pairs of Ears
Chapter 20: Corrections
Chapter 21: Goodies Galore
Chapter 22: Decisions
Chapter 23: Sudden Surprise
Chapter 24: Trial Run
Chapter 25: Wildfire
Chapter 26: Stuck
Chapter 27: Fastforwards
Chapter 28: Incident
Chapter 29: Time for Departure
Chapter 30: Stay Back from the Fishies
Chapter 31: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 32: Easy Flow
Chapter 33: The Fault is Yours
Chapter 34: Clingy and Worried
Chapter 35: From Zero to a Hundred
Chapter 36: Triple Threat
Chapter 37: Strange Suspicion
Chapter 38: A Safe Place
Chapter 39: Explain Yourself
Chapter 40: The Wicked Witch
Chapter 41: The Monster in the Dark
Chapter 42: Distractions
Chapter 43: Car Troubles
Chapter 44: A New Friend
Chapter 46: Urgent Wake Up Call
Chapter 47: Our Little Secret
Chapter 48: Play With Us
Chapter 49: Splitting Up
Chapter 50: A Simple Gesture
Chapter 51: Seperation
Chapter 52: Locked In
Chapter 53: Art Class
Chapter 54: Reuniting Family
Chapter 55: Hiding Away
Chapter 56: The Sound of Heartache
Chapter 57: The Return
Chapter 58: Line Troubles
Chapter 59: Disappearing Act
Chapter 60: Unwelcomed Guests
Chapter 61: Karma
Chapter 62: The Bargain
Chapter 63: You What
Chapter 64: Double Date
Chapter 65: Fight Outside
Chapter 66: Aftermath
Chapter 67: Everyone's Got Gloomy Days
Chapter 68: Presents
Chapter 69: Sunset
Chapter 70: Imperfect Reflection
Chapter 71: Distinct
Chapter 72: Mood Shifts
Chapter 73: Double Trouble
Chapter 74: Just A Dream
Chapter 75: The Trust We Hold
Chapter 76: Madame's Cafe
Chapter 77: Hourglass
Chapter 78: Bird Calling
Chapter 79: And Then There Were Three
Chapter 80: Turn of Trust
Chapter 81: Anchor
Chapter 82: Everlasting Effect
Chapter 83: Remember This
Chapter 84: Confused Bug
Chapter 85: Evening Preparations
Chapter 86: Sudden Awakening
Chapter 87: Reflection
Chapter 88: Journal Entries
Chapter 89: No Take Backs
Chapter 90: Cafe of Fun
Chapter 91: Apologic Gesture
Chapter 92: Voicemail
Chapter 93: A Festive Distraction
Chapter 94: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 95: Late Night Troubles
Chapter 96: Special Venue
Chapter 97: Inside Job
Chapter 98: Hot Cocoa
Chapter 99: Poker Face
Chapter 100: Palace Event

Chapter 45: Living on the Edge

4.1K 166 7
Bởi LexForLexxanie

While the women were all having a pleasant snack, Faye and Rose hadn't stopped talking since they sat down. Only eating when one of the women reminded them of the food sitting in their laps.

Meanwhile Kaila and Lauren stayed glued in the couples laps as the women talked with Alia.

"Do you folks live around here?" The woman with blond hair sitting across from them asked.

"No. We've got a place on the other side of town." Nina informed.

"Wait?! So guys drove all the way out here just for this?!" She seemed impressed.

Chuckling Lain shrugged. "This park is the only one of its kind for miles, so yeah. Plus Faye's been coming here with us for a while now and she loves it."

"I'm surprised we didn't run into each other sooner then. Rosy loves this place too. She always asks to come here when we're free."

The women shared a laugh before Nina spoke up. "Speaking of you and Rosy. Do you guys live in this area?"

Nodding her head the woman pointed in a direction away from the park. "We live about a ten minute walk from here." She said before taking a bite of her sandwich. "It's a nice neighborhood but sometimes we get the occasional jogger who didn't know where they were going to end up if they ran this way."

Looking confused at one another, the couple stared lost at the woman in front of them.

She glanced up from her sandwich seeing both pairs of eyes beaming on her. "Did I say something wrong?"

Shaking her head Nina just stared even more confused as the right words refused to come out of her mouth. "You do know this is a littles friendly neighborhood right? It's why the park is here." Alia told them.

"Really?" Lain gasped. She was astounded by the revelation. "We thought this was just far enough out of town that nobody would come over here unless they knew about it."

"Well true, that's one of the reasons the neighborhood is so far out of town. But it's mainly for privacy. Being at the edge of town allows us to keep our way of life to ourselves and we let our little ones be as happy as they'd like without any interruptions."

Looking like they were going to investigate further into this matter on their own time, Lain and Nina both made sure to bolden this mental note in their heads. Taking a quick peak at the houses a small distance away, they noticed the sizing of the homes weren't nearly as large as theirs, but they were still larger than average.

Hearing Kaila's stomach grumbling from her lap, Nina looked down grabbing some of the fruits Alia had passed over for the girls. Picking up grapes she brought it up to the girls mouth.

After only having water, Kaila refused to let Nina take away her pacifier from her again. Hiding her face into the woman's chest so she couldn't force her to eat, Kaila laid contently while Nina sighed putting the grapes back into their small container before she rocked the small girl.

"They're cute." Alia commented seeing how tightly both Kaila and Lauren clung to the women.

Blushing shyly Lauren stopped eating her fruit as she turned away from Alia, hugging onto Lain's arm securely.

Chuckling as she assuringly patted Lauren's back, Lain looked to the woman across from her. "So what do you do for a living?"

"I own a small center in town."

"What's the center for?" Nina asked.

"It's a littles daycare. I have a few friends from around this area and they usually drop their little ones off at my studio while they have more adult time for themselves. If you want I'd love to have the girls over to meet some of the other kids." She offered.

"That sounds nice actually. Maybe we'll stop by sometime." Lain said in hopes of their girls getting used to the idea of making some new friends.

Digging into her purse Alia pulled out a small pocket sized card with writing all over it. "That's my card. It's got the address to my center on it. Or you can just call me if you'd like. My numbers on there too."

"Thanks." Lain said putting the card into her pocket.

"What about you ladies? What do you do for a living?"

"I run a boutique on a university campus." Nina said proud of her work.

"A boutique?! So like you work with a bunch of fashion designers and everything." The woman excitedly guessed.

Laughing at her excitement Nina sadly shook her head. "No. I design most of my work myself. I have a few people who help me with ideas, but the majority of it is my own."

Nodding in approval Alia turned to Lain wanting to see what her response would be. "Oh I don't work at the moment. I get to be the one to deal with these three crazy girls every day." She joked.

"Hey!" Faye pouted after tuning into the women's conversation at the wrong moment. "I'm not crazy."

"You're right honey. Mommy's sorry. You're not crazy." She told the girl aloud before she leaned closer whispering very softly so only Faye could hear her. "But they are." She eyed Kaila and Lauren as her other girl bursted out laughing.

"What?" The little girl besides Faye curiously asked.

Getting closer to the girls side Faye began to whisper something before she felt a light tap to her leg. Lain was shaking her head as she signaled for her little girl not to tell their secret. "Uh..." Faye muttered as she frantically thought to change the subject. Luckily for her the second she saw the play set her mind was already taken off the girls.

"Let's play." She stood before Nina sat her back down.

"Not so fast. Finish your grapes." She instructed seeing her bowl still full.

"But I wanna play first." She pouted.

"No, you can eat first and play second. Now get to finishing those grapes." Nina told her as she reluctantly began to eat her food. "You too missy. Enough hiding now. Mama needs you to eat something." She told the girl in her lap tugging the pacifier from her mouth.

Struggling to keep it for herself Kaila felt the object slip out of her lips as the women placed a kiss on her nose. "Just a few pieces please. We need to get a snack in that tiny tummy of yours." She said putting a grape up to the girls mouth.

Frowning as she allowed the exchange, Nina praised Kaila as she ate her snack.

"Mommy I'm going to go play!" Rose had called out.

But before she could get far the little girl heard Alia call out for her. "Rosy wait until your friends here are done." She said seeing how her girl was the only one to finish her snack already with Lauren at a close second.

"But I ate it all." She looked down at her empty bowl.

"Well they haven't. So you can stay here and keep us company while we wait."

Seeing the small girl disappointingly look around Lain tried to ease Rose's mind. "That's a cute top you've got there." She pointed out the girls white shirt with little bears printed on it.

"Thank you." She muttered to the woman shyly.

"Say how old are you honey?" Nina asked.

Holding up proudly all of her fingers on one hand, she happily announced. "Five!"

"Well aren't you smart! That is five!"

Rose had giggled as she brought her hand up closer to her face. Taking a look at her hand she began to count her fingers aloud. "One, two, three, four, five." She said easily as all three woman clapped their hands filled with praise.

"I can do that too!" Faye happily announced as the two girls began counting as far as they could together. Going on until they got to thirty the girls gave up as they lost interest. But still praising them for their efforts the women clapped again.

"What about you two, hm? Can you tell me how old you are?" Alia playful asked the girls residing in the couples laps, but they silently remained in place. Lauren continued to slowly eat her grapes while Kaila didn't dare to look in Alia's direction. "They don't talk much do they?" She chuckled.

"You'll have to excuse them. They're shy. But once they get more comfortable they'll be two chatterbox's." Lain said.

"You should definitely consider bringing them over to my center someday then." Alia offered when instantly Nina looked down in her lap feeling Kaila shaking her head towards the woman's offer. "I do have quite a few others who attend, but I think it would be a good way for them to build up their social skills. That is if it's alright with you two."

Nina glanced back down in her lap seeing Kaila just staring back at her with pleading eyes. The mere thought of being trapped in a new space with a load of new people seemed more intimidating than anything.

Lauren on the other hand didn't seem too fazed by the idea. In her lap, Lain tried to see the reaction out of the small girl but there was nothing. She just stared ahead silently eating her fruit with a smile.

"We'll think about it." The woman ultimately concluded.

"I'm done." Faye announced as she finally showed her empty bowl to her mommy's. "Can we play now?" She asked hooking arms with the new girl with mid back length light brown wavy hair besides her.

"Sure thing. But stay out of trouble. We'll be right here if you need anything." Nina told her firmly.

"Race you to the swings!" Faye bounced up before running off.

Quickly following behind, Alia watched as her little one chased after her. "They seem to be getting along well." She pointed out.

Nodding the couple agreed.

As time went on and both Kaila and Lauren both finished their snacks, only Lauren had built up the courage to return back to the play sets.

Going straight to the slides Lauren continued going down it's playful path repeatedly, all while loving it every time no matter that she knew what the outcome was.

Spending the next few hours glued to Nina's hip, Kaila refused to do anything other than watch the women speak. Barely paying them any attention she began to watch their facial expressions more than the words coming out of their mouths.

However, after the hundredth yawn coming from Kaila, the women knew it was time to call it a day. "Thank you for the snacks. It's been nice talking to you." Nina thanked.

"Anytime. We should do this again someday." Alia said as she packed the final object into her basket.

Nodding in agreement, the women finally turned their attention down to their little girls. It was hard watching Faye and Rosy walked away from one another. Waving as Alia took Rose's hand, they disappeared in the direction of their neighborhood.

Packing back up in the car, the women were more than thrilled to see that their girls instantly knocked out.

Giving them some peace and quiet Nina was more thankful to have had a nice evening filled with food and family. Not to mention, by the long smile on her wife's face, it was safe to say her mother's words from earlier were no longer affecting her.
———————————————————————————
A/N: Happy Halloween everyone! If you're celebrating I hope you have fun and stay safe! If not, then simply enjoy the spooky spirit! I love y'all!

Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

30.5K 984 15
"You're safe," I assured her while lifting the heavy hair from her neck and moving it over her right shoulder. "I would never let anyone hurt you." M...
59K 1.6K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
5.1K 140 5
TW • Contains of Abuse, Torture, Abduction, Trauma, Blood, Bruising, Gaslighting, Manipulation, Possessive, Sadism, Bondage, Unethical human experime...
348K 10.2K 50
When a stubborn and intolerant, werewolf gets classified as a little puppy, her whole life changes as she is fetched by a Vampire. Starting date:12...