Oracle Of The Moon

By KylieAlyssa

"You're not gonna kill me," I stated, confident in my words. "We just killed your whole pack... what makes yo... More

Summary
Prologue
Scary -Lucy's POV
Mate -Kale's POV
Future -Lucy's POV
Too many scents- Kale's POV
No one -Lucy's POV
Supposed -Kale's POV
She doesn't know -Lucy's POV
Name -Kale's POV
Freedom -Lucy's POV
Hope -Kale's POV
Little one -Lucy's POV
Calm -Kale's POV
Explain -Lucy's POV
My Turn -Kale's POV
Heard -Lucy's POV
Thank you -Kale's POV
Him and I -Lucy's POV
No Shame -Kale's POV
Tactics -Lucy's POV
Darkness -Kale's POV
Played with fire -Lucy's POV
Marks -Kale's POV
Not a big deal -Lucy's POV
Who is this? -Kale's POV
Connection -Lucy's POV
Let me go -Kale's POV
Hurt -Lucy's POV
Plagued nights -Kale's POV
Reliant -Lucy's POV
Sick need- Kale's POV
Remember me- Lucy's POV
It was time- Kale's POV
Submission- Lucy's POV
She was it- Kale's POV
I want you- Kale's POV
Wait- Lucy's POV
Not broken- Kale's POV
Power- Lucy's POV
Discussion- Lucy's POV
Gracious- Kale's POV
Accept- Lucy's POV
Right now- Kale's POV
Respect- Lucy's POV
It hurts- Kale's POV
Grieve- Lucy's POV
Develop- Kale's POV
Roles- Lucy's POV
Switch- Kale's POV
Crazy- Lucy's POV
Light- Kale's POV
For love- Lucy's POV
Live- Kale's POV
Balance- Lucy's POV
Allies- Kale's POV
As one- Lucy's POV
Journey- Kale's POV
With love- Lucy's POV
Fight of our lives- Kale's POV
Grey- Lucy's POV
Responsibility- Kale's POV
Awakened- Lucy's POV
Come back to me- Kale's POV
Second chance- Lucy's POV
I know- Kale's POV
New age- Lucy's POV
Forever- Kale's POV

Prophecy- Lucy's POV

4.6K 172 40
By KylieAlyssa

Lucy's POV-

I gently wrapped my arms around the man that was crying at my feet. I looked around at the pack that I was supposed to have been in, they all had tears in their eyes. Some had fallen to their knees as well, but no one was quite as hysterical as Wes. Wes was... well, he was Wes.

"Are you my brother?" I asked abruptly making him turn his eyes to me in confusion.

"What? Brother?" Wes asked bewildered.

"Lucine, we need to have a discussion of your heritage," the older man, who was certainly Beta of the pack, said in all seriousness.

"So, I take that as a no? Not my brother?"

"No, Lucy, I am not your brother..." Wes said quickly with a soft laugh.

"Might as well have been..." The Beta said softly.

"What?" I asked confused, but I shook my head and swallowed. "All discussions are on pause until I get my pack taken care of. If anyone has any medical ability, we could really use your help!" I told everyone in front of me. "We could also really use help triaging and getting my people stabilized. We've had quite a few injured... Anyone else, if you would like to be useful may help in the clean up. After everything is done, we can go have these discussions that so desperately need to happen."

"You sound like your father," someone in the back chortled shortly.

"Thank you?" I said in confusion and then turned to Nat who had gathered several women from her pack. "Anyone who can help with the inured, follow me. Anyone else, take it upon yourselves to help where you see fit."

With that, we all marched forward to the healing area. We all were determined to heal the injuries and not let anyone die due to the dark girl who infiltrated the pack. She would not get the satisfaction.

"My magic is not near strong enough to fix a lot of harsh injuries on you wolves, but I can fix small things and help as a body," the witch that I saved from demolition said softly.

"Perfect, we couldn't ask for anything more."

"You can ask for anything. You saved my life. I saw you stop your Alpha from killing me even though he was much within his rights to. I owe you everything," she said immediately.

"What is your name?" I asked cautiously.

"Evanna."

"Well, Evanna... I am Lucy. I am telling you that you owe me nothing. I was simply only doing what was right. You were helping us, and we are very appreciative of that. Do not feel like you must make it up to me because I require none of that. However, your help will be greatly appreciated once again if you are up to it."

Evanna's eyes lit up and twinkled at my words. "I will be honored to help you and your pack, Lucy."

----

Even with all the help that we had received, the healing was hard. I was beyond exhausted when we finally got the last wolf stabilized and out of the woods. Luckily, everyone who had been injured was expected to make a full recovery within the week. It was wonderful!

We all ate dinner and I honestly just felt like passing out and sleeping for a year, but we still had a lot to do.

"First of all," Kale said while standing up as he pulled me up with him. "Everyone did so well with the attack against us today. I am proud of my pack, every single one of you did amazing today! For those of you who have not figured it out yet, Raven, the girl who had claimed to be my Luna, was the traitor. We have not been able to question her yet due to other priorities, but she is locked away and will be questioned shortly then killed right after." Some people were shocked while others already knew. "I know that we owe y'all an explanation about the attack that we launched today as well as the new wolves that are here. You will get your explanations soon. However, right now, we need anyone who has just arrived here today to follow us. We will have our discussions now. Everyone else, enjoy your dinner and get some well-deserved sleep. We will celebrate better tomorrow once we get everything straightened out once again!"

Everyone clapped and Kale ushered me out of the room with a hand on my back. I could hear everyone following behind us closely. Kale made it to his study and let everyone into the big meeting room that was connected to the small office. We waited by the door as the last person, who happened to be Sam, walked through.

"Have I gotten to thank you for saving my life today yet?" He asked in a teasing voice.

"No, and I would prefer you didn't." I answered.

"Ah, but that is exactly why I must!" Sam goaded me jokingly before hugging me tightly. "No, seriously, thank you. If you wouldn't have been such a bad ass MF, I'd be dead." He kissed my head as everyone got situated. "So, thank you for that, lovely Luna."

When he was done, everyone was looking at us amused. My face quickly went scarlet. Kale just smiled and wrapped his arm around me.

"First thing first," Kale said. "You," Kale pointed to Evanna with a glare.

"Her name is Evanna, love, not you."

Kale glared at me, but I smiled and kissed his cheek making him falter.

"Evanna," I said sweetly taking charge because Kale was just going to be mean to her. "Can you please explain why you were here today with the North?"

She hesitated.

"We can go into the next room, not in front of everyone, if that would be easier for you." I told her kindly.

Kale just stared at me speechless.

"The North took me to use as a weapon..." Evanna finally said softly.

"What do you mean?" Kale said harshly.

I glared at my mate and his brashness.

"They took me from my family a few months ago and tortured me until I complied with what they wanted. This was my first mission away from their lands. I was simply going to kill off who I could from their side and get myself killed. Anything would be better than there." She was crying, but still had her head held tall. "I never imagined that I would have been saved and spared... it never crossed my mind. I mean, I know how wolves are when you come onto their territory... That, alone, is grounds for death. Much less, coming with the people who were attacking. I should have been killed."

"But my Luce is a very forgiving and wonderful woman," Kale said softly and sniffed my hair.

"That, she is." Evanna agreed.

"You are absolutely and totally free to go if you would like. You are not under imprisonment here. We would never want to exploit your magic like the north." I told her kindly. "Your help today has been so much appreciated. Witches do not belong in the wolves' problems; you've had nothing to do with it."

"I am already in it though," Evanna said softly. "Lucy, Kale... I would like to help you. I'd like to defeat the North wholly and completely. What they have been doing to everyone, not just wolves, is despicable. I would like to pledge my loyalty to you and your pack."

I was speechless as I looked at the pretty girl. She was young-ish, about my age with pale blonde hair and green eyes. She was very pretty but looked to be borderline unhealthily skinny. She was far too young and innocent to have been involved in what the North put her in.

"Were you one of the witches who put the mating spell on Raven?" Kale asked in a hard voice.

"No. I would never let my magic be that defiled. I would have let them kill me before I dabbled with that much dark and against nature magic." Evanna answered at once. "What they did, with that move, was absolutely disturbing. I'll never forget when Raven contacted saying that his mate was already here, though. It was amazing. Everyone was so intimidated by you, Lucy." She smiled dreamily as she remembered.

Kale looked at me as I tried to connect with my visions. However, I was having a real problem controlling them... Still, nothing pointed directly to her being a problem. So, I simply nodded at him with a smile.

"You're on probation," Kale told her. "Just like a regular pack member, you'll have a probationary time. However, we do accept your allegiance. You can be up on the top floor with us tonight due to you not being a wolf... Not that I'd think someone would hurt you, but I know some witches are known not to like our kind. I don't want someone to take that out on you before we can explain the situation."

She nodded stiffly as she got up and stood in front of me. "Because you don't want my life debt is exactly why you are getting it," she said and took my hands. "I owe you everything."

"You owe me nothing," I automatically answered.

She smiled at me and then let herself be led out to her room.

Suddenly everyone in the whole room was staring solely at me. However, I didn't feel uncomfortable with the thirty or so pair of eyes that were on me... I felt at home. I felt like I was surrounded by family. It was such a weird but amazing feeling. It was something that I could never remember feeing before.

"Sooo before we start... I'd like know everyone's names," I found myself saying as I sat in a chair the head of the table. I pulled Kale along with me into the chair next to mine. "You all seem to know my name, but I am Lucy. This is Kale," I said and gestured to him.

"I am Samuel, Beta of the Burke pack," Sam said with a nod.

"I am Weston, acting Beta of the Smith pack. Everyone knows my son, Wesley... He is actually the true Beta."

I looked at Wes and then back to his dad.

"Beta? You're the Beta?" I asked Wes amazed.

"We helped him escape during a battle that we were forced to participate in," Weston said with a nod.

"I was supposed to get help from the packs in the South to get my own pack back... However, the North had wrecked everyone down here, so no one was willing. By the time I made it to your pack, the only pack that was willing to help me, my pack had been relocated six times. I lost them... I lost my own pack, and they were nowhere to be found. I truly thought that they had been all killed because of my escape. I felt like I abandoned them... I-I..."

"You didn't abandon us," someone a few seats down said.

"Yeah, we all agreed." Someone else said quickly. "You were the best one to go seek help. You were simply doing as we all agreed... It was not your fault that they acted so quickly and destroyed the South. You did not abandon us."

I stared at Wes as he looked like he was in severe pain. I couldn't help it when I got up and walked behind his chair. I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed slightly letting him know that I was there.

"You were trying to help... You did help. If you hadn't of been here when I got here, I don't think that I would have been sane enough or had the strength to stand up for myself. You believed in me... and I believe in you. You are a good man and Beta, Wes... you didn't abandon anyone. You held out hope and helped us in more ways than you can comprehend," I hugged him around his shoulders from behind and kissed his cheek. "I believe in you."

Everyone around the table smiled at us we had our little moment.

I made my way back to my seat and Kale grasped my hand tightly. "You're a good Luna," he whispered affectionately.

"She's right... You never abandoned us." A guy who was sitting next to Wes said strongly. "I am Nick, one of the lead warriors of the Smith pack."

Everyone went around the table and introduced themselves. Every single on of them bowed their head to me in respect and submission. That meant that I was their leader... I wasn't cut out for that.

"You said that we need to speak of her heritage," Kale said after the last person had spoken.

"You haven't accepted her yet," Weston acknowledged. "She has no mark on her neck and your scents have not merged yet."

Kale huffed up in anger and growled slightly.

"Calm down, Kale," I told him shortly then turned my attention back to the older man. "Our mate story is a bit... complicated."

"This is pack business, Lucine. I know that he is your mate, but he has not claimed you yet. Therefore, I must ask you if you truly want him knowing any of this..."

Kale growled furiously at the man. "Our packs have always been allies. You do not trust me?" Kale asked in anger.

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's that this is a very sensitive and severe pack secret. Only your mother and father knew about the secret. They were sworn into secrecy along with our whole pack..." Weston answered harshly.

"Kale is my mate. I am a part of his pack. Whatever this secret is... he has a right to know. No matter what happens, we are tied to each other. He deserves to know what he is tied into." I finally spoke up in a final voice making both males cease their arguing.

"Have you heard of the prophecy?" Weston asked.

"Prophecy?" Kale asked confused.

Suddenly my mind swirled and I was pulled into an overwhelming vision.

"The first of her kind; born to lead. The purest of hearts with no desire to seek the position that is her birthright. Born with an overwhelming need to defend the weak. Destruction and chaos all around, but compassion and love can cleanse the tainted heart. In need of support and acceptance for strength and hope. Only then, can all be seen. Alpha and Luna. Two packs unite, coming together as one. Only when all is accepted and understood while fighting together as a unit in love can evil be overcome."

I blinked harshly as soon as I came out of the vision. The words that I spoke ethereally hung heavily in the air. I was breathing hard as I sat in the chair clutching at my chest. I had never felt like that once coming out of a vision. I knew that it meant that it was extremely important.

"What does that mean?" Kale asked while we looked at each other wide-eyed. His hand rubbed my back gently as I tried to catch my breath.

"Lucy was first born. There was never a still born. That was just a cover up that your mothers came up with in order to protect you. That prophecy is extremely old, and many people know of it. If anyone knew that you existed... It would have been extremely dangerous for everyone."

"I don't... I don't understand. That can't possibly be about me. I'm a simple oracle, not that which the prophecy speaks. You have to be mistaken, I have to have an older brother somewhere. I'm not... I'm not cut out for that." My voice was shaking, and I felt scared at the possibility.

"You have no brother, Lucine... You are our Alpha."

A/n-

Hey y'all! Look at me go with my quick update! LOL! Let me know what you think! I love y'all! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

-KAF❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 290 37
Warning: Violence, swearing, abuse, and other sensitive topics - Read at your own discretion --------------- Fate can be cruel. Especially when an...
679 9 12
Finally he's directly in front of me I cant bare to look into his eyes, to look into an Alphas eyes is a direct challenge. I see his hand abruptly ra...
2.3M 63K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
450K 13.5K 49
Cover by @auroralust Available on Goodreads under this title. Every year, wolves of age from around the country attend their Placing Tournament, the...