Queen of the Dragons

By b00klover09

"Estelle, I will kill any man who stands in my way of having you. I will kill one to one thousand men!" I sna... More

-Story Aesthetics/ Author Notes-
-Prologue-
-One-
-Two-
-Three-
-Four-
-Six-
-Seven-
-Eight-
-Nine-
-Ten-
-Eleven-
-Twelve-
-Thirteen-
Fourteen
Fifteen
-Sixteen-
-Seventeen-
-Eighteen-
Nineteen
Twenty
-Twenty & a half-
Twenty one
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

-Five-

18.9K 712 119
By b00klover09

The Drakonian carriage was large and roomy. Much bigger than the small fae carriages that carried us around at times. Juni and I were pressed against each other very tightly. Partly because we were a bit nervous.

Prince Loche was not speaking much. Not much at all. Prince Alazar was making small conversations with us at times which I appreciated. Everytime I would speak though, the prince would stare at me for a long amount of time before he would look away. Maybe it was because every time Juni and I saw a different bird flying, we would call them out. Maybe the prince did not like birds...but who would not like such pretty creatures?

"Prince Loche you will love my sister, yes? I hope you are not an awful person to her because you seem so stone-like," Juni spoke aloud as I gasped. Did she really just say those things to the prince?

I gasped, clasping my hands together as to not shove my sister like I would like to. Papa says shoving people, especially family is terribly unlady like. "I am not someone who wears their emotions on their face as some people do. The Princess will be my wife. Of course I will care for her."

The prince's response was like a heavy stone. No room for compromise. I will be his wife and he will care for me...which is truly wonderful. But will we have any fun? Like go picking berries in the forest or frolicking with the deer, or even painting in the forest! Painting...in the forest.

"Dale!" I gasped as I pressed my hands to my face in worry. I am the worst friend that has ever lived. Dale deserves a friend who will never forget him and will always listen to his many, many ramblings. I often get sleepy when he speaks a lot but I cannot help it much!

Juni made a face. "What of your smelly friend, Estelle?"

I gasped. Dale did not smell terrible, he always had the scent of wet earth on him. Tis a very pleasant smell actually! "Who is Dale?"

Both Juni and I jumped. Prince Loche's voice was cold and a bit terrifying. It sounded more like a growl than a voice. "Dale is my closest friend and also has one of the best professions a man of worth can have!"

Prince Loche did not seem to believe that. "Your father is King. What can be more important than King?"

Everyone has important jobs. From a king to a gardener. Everyone has worth in what they do. "He is a gardener. He tends to the flowers and the trees and everything else. He is wonderful and sweet and-"

"-So emotional! He and Stelle both cried at the birth of a doe!" Juni giggled, exposing a secret I did not really want my soon to be husband and his uncle. Ah! Why must Juni do these things? Now Prince Loche will probably expect me to turn into a sad, gloomy Wife. Birth is a very beautiful thing, I would cry if any person or animal gave birth in front of me.

"You will not speak with him or of him." Prince Loche spoke, his eyes morphing into ones that resembled a snake. The black pupils of his eyes began to thin out into slits...and his irises were brightening. A gasp left my lips. I have never touched the sun or its fiery warmth before...but staring into Prince Loche's eyes reminded me of such heat.

Juni scoffed and I smiled tightly. For some odd reason Prince Loche was upset about Dale being my friend. It did not make much sense but I do want to calm his upset state. I am sure the Prince is just jealous of Dale because he gets to work with plants and flowers. I am a bit envious of my friend too! I could not keep staring at his eyes though, so I will try to make the prince feel better.

"Well Prince Loche, Dale is my friend so I cannot stop being his friend. Tis wrong to do, but if it makes you feel better I can have him write letters of all of his knowledge on plant life to you! Then you and Dale could become friends also."

Prince Alazar placed a hand over his mouth as if he were trying to stop a fit of giggles like Juni and I always attempt to do. Prince Loche's hardened gaze morphed to one of confusion. "You think I am jealous of a gardener?" He bit out, as if it was not logical to be envious of a person who was one with nature.

"Of course! Everyone should be envious of alchemists, gardeners, cooks, farmers! All of them love the earth and its resources. How could you not be jealous, Prince," Juni scoffed as she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Prince Loche.

Prince Loche's eyes returned to their normal color. I thought that would give me a bit of relief but his gaze still stayed on me. Ach! Maybe he is staring at my eyes... Maybe he does not like them? Well he has to like my eyes if he chose me as a bride. But what if he chose me for a reason not concerning my eyes...but my lips! Men like lips and other parts of a woman, that I know.

The thought of Prince Loche staring at my womanly parts made me want to dive out of the carriage. "Are you that upset about not being able to contact your male friend?" I glanced up from my worrying thoughts.

"He is my friend so yes," I frowned, wondering why he would think I would not be sad! Dale is like my brother if I had a brother. Sadly I do not, but he is like family!

"He is a male and you will be my wife so you do not need friends that are men. He does not have a wife does he?" Prince Loche glared at me.

Juni laughed. "Dale! A wife? He is in love with plants not women or men."

Well that is true...but he mentioned marriage earlier. I wonder who he had in mind... "That does not make much sense, Prince Loche."

"It does not have to make sense," he snapped back. Well he is grumpy. Like a little hermit crab who does not have a shell. What would Prince Loche's shell be?

"You will not utter his name, do you understand, little fairy?" I frowned, at the word 'little fairy.' Sure he was larger than me but that was no reason to call me small. It was not that I was small...it was that he was entirely too large! What would he think if I were to call him the 'big dragon.' I bet he will not like that.

"Why you stuffy nosed baboo-

Prince Alazar cleared his throat as soon as Juni began to talk not so kindly at Prince Loche. "Princess Juniper tell me, is a fae sprouting wings a painful endeavor?"

My sister did not really want to answer the older man's question. In fact she was solely trained on giving Prince Loche the most evilest of glares. I did not want my sister to start to argue with him. Tis not a good thing when I am not sure how long it takes to get to the Draconian kingdom.

"Yes it is! So I will stay with Estelle til she gets hers so I can care for my dear sister!" Juni threw her arms around me and I laughed, hugging her back tightly. I am glad that Juni is here with me, I know Dinah would not have hugged me in front of strangers and I needed this hug!

Prince Alazar put his hand on his chest. "Lochelan you should hug me like that. I am your only uncle after all," the man chuckled as Prince Loche did not seem to keen on hugging Prince Alazar.

"How long does it take for you to-" the prince paused as the carriage yanked forward a bit. The coachman was just behind Prince Loche and if it were not for the wood I am sure that Prince Loche's glare would have made the man faint. "How long does it take," he started again, "for you to gain-"

The carriage jerked again! Unfortunately for me the carriage jerked so hard that I fell forward...right into Prince Loche!

With a squeal, I threw my hands out in front of me but still managed to have my face mushed into Prince Loche's stomach.

My nostrils were filled with the fragrant scent of rich sandalwood and pine trees and my mouth got a nice taste of fabric. My hands were on his knees, or maybe his thighs? I am not sure. All I know is that they are very taut.

"Sorry!" I apologized as I tried to sit up, feeling Prince Loche's hands on my body. He was so warm. Why was he so warm? Just as I inhaled another whiff of his nice smelling body, I was being jerked roughly back into my seat. "S-Sorry," I apologized again quickly, my cheeks flushing as I noticed Prince Loche's ears were reddening. Why must my arms be so weak, like straws of hay!

Before Prince Loche could accept my apology, we heard commotion outside. Like footsteps...on the roof of the carriage. Then a man yelling. What was going on?

"Tis bandits!" Juni gasped, grabbing hold of me tightly. "Prince Loche go and give them some jewels!"

For some reason I am sure the Prince will have no problem scaring the bandits away. As Juni and I held onto one another tightly as Prince Loche fixed his robes, before opening the carriage. Prince Alazar leaned back and began to rub his jeweled fingers on his trousers.

"Tell me, Princess what is the fae way of making a jewel sparkle?" He questioned. Was he not worried about Prince Loche!? He is out there all alone probably getting hit by thieves!

At the sound of a familiar...and very loud bellow, Juni and I untangled our entwined limbs and rushed out of the carriage. Once we made it outside, we rushed over to the voices.

"Prince Loche I am sent from King Nyx to serve and protect Su Anya Estelle!" A loud voice announced. Rounding the carriage, we saw men. At least seven of them. All in light green and deep purple. Our royal colors!

The men were on their knees, with their hands over their hearts. The one speaking I recognized. Dark bronze skin, long black locs and golden eyes. Not to mention the largest scythe that was stabbed into the ground, near the man.

"Hi Keynai!" I waved at one of Dinah's close friends and also head of gentry protection in the castle. Keynai was not paying attention to me though, he was too busy waiting for Prince Loche to respond.

Prince Loche was glaring down at our friend as if he had done something terrible. "Rise and explain to me you thought landing on the roof of the carriage was a smart choice?"

Keynai did rise and bowed his head slightly. "Well the man on the reigns refused to stop so I had to do what I seemed fit," Keynai answered. "Anywho by the kings orders us seven are following to protect mi Su Anya. She is his crown jewel after all!"

Aw, papa! He is such a father and king. "Ach! What about me? Am I chopped meats to papa?!" Juni frowned, as Keynai gave my sister a sheepish look. I sighed, rubbing her arms. I do not think Papa was trying to upset Juni, but I am staying forever and Juni is just visiting.

"I have guards for the Princess. Seven fae are not needed. You can stay, as for the rest you are not welcome," the prince decided as Keynai frowned, glancing at the other fae men who accompanied him. "If you have an issue you can leave. I do not have time to coddle men I do not know. And what is this Anya? Her name is Estelle."

Keynai puffed up his chest. "Su Anya is my Princess in our language...and uh Thank you, sir. I will lay down my life to protect Su Anya, your future wife!" He has not changed much from childhood. Still shouting a lot.

With saying that, I watched Keynai grab a satchel and swing his large scythe, letting it rest on his shoulders before he spotted me. "Su Anya!"

As I waved a hand at Keynai, he made his way over to me. He was instantly stopped in his tracks by the dragon. "You will ride on your horse, behind the carriage. You will not address her, you will be her shadow. Do shadows speak?"

"No, My Lord but-"

"-Shadows are silent. Get on your horse shadow fae," Prince Loche announced as Dinah began to pull me in the direction of some beautiful birds hopping around the side of the road.

While Prince Loche and Keynai continued to argue, we noticed some unfamiliar birds. Shiny with red and blue feathers and they were small. Ah! I want all of them! How beautiful they are, I wish to be a bird sometimes. Chirp, hop and fly around til my hearts content!

"Look! One looks injured!" Juni gasped as we neared the beautiful birds. Juni grabbed me and pushed me back before I could get close enough to see the sad, hurt bird. "Oh never mind! Come, Stelle. Seeing the little thing will just upset you...we cannot afford for you to be upset right now."

"It will not upset me! Let me see!"

*********
Again, happy thanksgiving.🦃🍁

Please don't bug out and go to too many stores this Black Friday. Remember a pandemic is still going on!

Patreon will be up to chapter 9 by Sunday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 1.4K 39
"Ah your majesty, I guess you might be wondering why I am here to torture the hell out of you right? It is all simple, I am here for nothing but to s...
11.3K 801 57
A Thousand year old Forest guardian has loved only one human woman but can never have her. She often slips away from him through death and there was...
631K 21K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
201 23 42
If you were given a chance to cure your insomnia in just one take of a pill each night, would you purchase the item? While walking to her part-time w...