Sweet Venom

By Mari_The_Ghost

The classic high school Vampire Gerard Way x Reader. Being best friend's with Mikey makes for a wonderfully... More

Chapter. 1
Author's note
2. And So It Begins
3. Bite Me
5. BFF's
6. Alone Together
7.Where do we go from here?
8. A Night Together
9. Mall Rats
10. Awkward much?
11. It's not a Date
12. Not a Date, Date.
13. Comic Shop Date
14.What is Normal
15. Sneaking Around
16. Sleepover
17. Brunch
18. Friends
19. Bonding Times
20. Hide and Seek
21. A What?
22. GRWM
23. Party Pt. 1
24. Party Pt2
25. Girl Talk
26. Panic! in the feels
27. Flirting?
28. Vibing
29. Distanced
30. Game Night
31. Yikes
32. Double Yikes
33.
34. Gerard
35. Gerard pt 2
36. Ow
37. Everything Hurts
38. Apologies
39.
40. Secret in Your Throat
41. I'll Never Let Them Hurt You
42. I Promise
43. We Good?
44. Tell Me
45. Holding Hands and Life Was Perfect
46. Hanging with Corpses
47. Hand in Mine
Epilogue

4. Trust Me

2.3K 63 116
By Mari_The_Ghost

A.N. That's the sweatshirt btw, just imagine it with black leggings and like covering your butt cause Gee is bigger than you lol.

We walked over to the couch he has down in the basement and sat at opposite ends, and I waited for him to talk. Thank god I was able to get my breathing and heart under control but I still feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Gerard sighs and puts his head in his hands while I sit curled up in the other corner just watching him.

"Okay." He sits up and turns slightly towards me, "Don't freak out."

"You already scared the crap out of me Gerard. So it's too late for that." I pull my legs closer to myself to get comfy. Gerard looks away and seems to think for a moment.

"Alright," he pauses before turning back to me, "I'm a vampire." I stare at him.

"You're fucking with me," I say as a chuckle passes my lips. He can't be serious. He just looks at me though, waiting. Why does him being a vampire actually make sense right now??! The fuck. "Okay." I look at him and want to shake my head because of course he is. I'll go with it for now, maybe something else is up. But it does kinda make sense. The fuck?

Gerard nods and looks away towards the wall where the tv is. "I went out to... hunt... before you would be coming over tonight and before Mikey got back home."

"Question," I interrupted him, earning myself a look, "where the hell is your brother. He didn't text me back at all."

"He's at Pete's for a bit to hang out."

"Jerk, always forgets the time we set to hang out." I grumble stretching my legs out on the couch and crossing my arms. Vampire thing is so a cover for something.

"You... You're more concerned about where Mikey is over the fact that I'm a vampire?" Gerard questions me exasperatedly.

I pause for a moment because am I? I mean I did walk around upstairs looking for him and I assumed he was messing around down here which is why I came downstairs. But is that more important than the fact Gerard literally confessed to hunting for blood? Holy shit is he really a fucking Vampire?

"Holy fuck why did you go hunt? What did you go hunt?! What the fuck you're a vampire!" I realize just what he said earlier and my eyes go wide. Gerard just rolls his eyes at me.

"Yes I am. I just said that. Uhh I just hunted some animals over in the forest by the park. No way in hell am I going to kill someone just to eat." He said leaning back against the couch.

"Huh" I say looking at him better. I mean these past couple of months he has seemed a bit... off. More than usual. "How did it happen?"

Gerard glanced at me with just his eyes before sighing and looking away fully, "It was a few months ago. I was on my way home from the record store and some guy jumped me as I passed the park."

"Wait," I sat up more and leaned forward a bit. "You're telling me, when we all looked for you for like 4 days back in March, you were transforming into a vampire." I said with a bit of a crazed smile on my face. We had all been wondering where he went when he disappeared but he refused to talk about it. This is so fucking wild. I barely believe any of what he's telling me.

"Yeah," He let his head fall back against the couch with his eyes closed.

"Cool," I whispered. He turned on me in an instant.

"No! Not cool, it's a fucking curse." He growled, leaning toward me with a wicked glare.

"S-sorry" I shrunk back against the arm of the couch putting more space between us. "I just- it makes sense! I mean you were gone for a while we were worried sick!"

Gerard looked at me in shock and leaned away as far as he could. "No, no. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped. It's just. It's not cool. And I'm sorry I worried you all, it wasn't my choice. Now I have to drink blood and I can't be in the sun that long. And like. It sucks cause I can't tell anyone about it because I could hurt them even more now than just as a human and I don't want Mikey worrying about me more than he already has." He put his head in his hands. Maybe Gerard isn't mean like I thought and is just kinda stuck being tragically misunderstood cause he has no one to talk to about this. But this is new, and doesn't explain the being a jerk to me before.

"You can talk to me about it," I say quietly. Gerard looks as me like I've just told him I was okay with murder. I probably look shocked too, I did not expect to say that. Can he talk to me? I just said this excuses none of his being an ass. But he has no one else. There was just silence between us for a while. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I mean I'm probably the last person Gerard would ever want to confide in.

"Really?" I looked up at him, his eyes holding something close to hope.

"Yeah," I smile shyly at him. This is new ground for me. Actually being friendly with Gerard after so long and him being nice back. Wow. "I mean I won't tell Mikey, I already promised that. So why not talk to me about it?" I shrug, pulling down on the long sleeves of Gerard's sweatshirt.

"Thank you," he said, smiling back at me. Eww why do I feel my stomach being all weird and tight. Definitely cause he used those teeth to kill an animal. And nearly used them on me. Those tiny teeth are now more lethal than before. I look away.

"Sooo... you said you can go in the sun but not for long?" I ask trying to make things feel normal and not like Gerard is a mythical creature who almost just killed me.

"Uh yeah. It hurts but it's like a small pain. Kind of sunburn feeling but not too bad."

"And you've been eating animals?"

"Yeah, no humans for me." he chuckled.

"And you're fast yeah?" he nodded. "How fast can you go?"

"I don't know. Never really thought about testing it out."

"Oh we definitely should test out how fast you can go." I said laughing. Maybe this wasn't going to be so awkward after all.

"Yeah that would be cool," He chuckled.

Ding! I looked over to my phone on the floor where Gerard had been laying when I first walked down stairs. Must be Mikey finally responding. Gerard got up and was sitting down handing me my phone in a second.

"Yeah we definitely need to test how fast you can run," I mumbled as I took my phone.

Mikey: Sorry I was at Petes!

He's taking me home now so I'll be there in like 10 minutes!

"Your brother is on his way home," I said texting back an 'okay see you soon'.

"Right," He said. I glanced at him and he seemed a bit sad.

"Anything else you wanna talk about before he gets here?" I put my phone down in my lap. Gerard looked at me kind of like a puppy, happy to be able to talk to someone and get attention.

"Umm, I actually can't think of anything. Do you have any ideas?" He smiled at me. He needs to stop that now, I'm not used to a nice Gerard.

"Where did you hide out when you changed?"

"An old abandoned building downtown. I still go there sometimes."

"Cool."

"I'll show it to you sometime if you like." He said looking me in the eyes.

"Sure, I'd love to see your secret lair Batman." I smiled, rolling my eyes, laughing lightly at him. He laughed too.

"Let's head up stairs so Mikey doesn't ask questions about us being alone in the basement."

"Why cause that's where murder happens in scary movies?" I laughed getting up but Gerard's shoulders tensed, "Or is it cause we're nearly the same age and are opposite genders." I try, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Definitely the later of the two," Gerard chuckles awkwardly as we head up the stairs.

We walked into the kitchen and I went to make some tea. That will definitely calm me down and help my stomach, "Do you want any?" I gestured to the tea box in my hand.

"Sure."

"So you can still eat human food then?" I ask as I get out the cups and find tea bags I wanted from the box.

"Yeah, just not a lot or all the time. It actually kind of helps depending on what it is" He said going and grabbing the phone off the counter. "What kind of pizza do you want? I'll order now so Mikey doesn't complain about pizza being late."

"Just cheese," I said, heating up the water in the microwave.

"Kay," Gerard then placed an order from our favorite pizzeria for all our favorites and three whole pizzas. We sit and chat a bit as we wait for Mikey to finally get here. As car lights pull into the drive way I lean on my hand and notice the maroon sweatshirt I'm wearing.

"Shit what about my shirt? It's downstairs." I said looking at Gerard slightly panicked.

"It's fine, I doubt Mikey will notice that's my sweatshirt."

"And if he does?" I raise an eyebrow at him cause I know his brother just as well as he does.

"Uhh we say you spilled and it's in the wash downstairs so I gave you a sweatshirt."

"Hmm close to the truth makes it easier to remember a lie. Nice job" I say with a smile as I turn to look at the door when I hear Mikey's key in the lock.

"Thanks," I hear Gerard say quietly behind me as Mikey walks into the kitchen.

"Hey," he says looking at Gerard and I sitting at the kitchen table with our tea cups. Mikey walks over to us and takes a seat.

"You jerk! You forgot when we were supposed to start our sleep over again," I said pushing the moment he sat down, hard enough that he nearly fell out of the chair.

"Shit!" Mikey caught himself just barely, "I deserved that. I'm sorry."

"It's fine don't do it again anytime soon, bitch." I said smiling at him.

"I'll try not to," He said with a half smile. "When's pizza getting here?"

"We ordered it like five minutes ago, so probably in 20 minutes" Gerard said.

"Sweet I'm going to put on comfy clothes, I'll be back" Mikey said and left me and Gerard in the kitchen once again. This is fine. Mikey has his secret and now I have mine. I sip some of my tea hiding my mischievous smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.6K 2.5K 22
After a car crash resulting in your parents death you have fallen into a state of depression. You left everything behind without notice to move all t...
1.5K 42 25
How can two people so different be so perfect? A story of romance, tragedy, healing, and finally happiness, because everyone needs a happy ending som...
41.9K 755 22
just a few delinquents at school 😇 A Gerard way x reader, however there will be some drama with other boys. I will try to make it a good read. Sorry...
33K 1.5K 35
Scarlett is 15 years old and somewhat disenchanted with romance. When her parents inform her that they are moving away from the life she knows, she i...