DeVil's In The Name

By Sugar_And_Spice125

"People Always Underestimate A Girl In Diamonds And Fur" - Cruella DeVille Cruella DeVille, known for her vil... More

№1|We Met In The Rain (Edited)
№2|Eyes Are The Window To The Soul (Edited)
№3|Ruby Rebels Part 1 (Edited)
№4|Ruby Rebels Part 2 (Edited)
№5|A New Start (Edited)
№6|Tainted Brownies (Edited)
№7|Pointing Fingers
№8|Sunflowers
№9|Hospital Time
№10|I'm Proud of You.
№11|Party Time (Part 1)
№12|Party Time (Part 2)
№13|Should Have Never Looked Back
№14|I Did It To Keep Her Safe
№15|A Night Of Pleasure Before The Pain
№16|The Rescue
№17|I'll Give You A Reason
№18|Home Is Where You Belong
№19|Welcome to Tokyo!
№20|The Welcoming Ceremony
№21|The First Day
№22|The First Round
№23|Fireworks
№24|A Feud In The Family
№25|Understanding Love
№26|Dragon Vs. Animalistic
№27|Sledding Day
№28|I'm Not A Monster, I'm A Sun Goddess
№29|Promises
№30|The Rage Within
№31|The Past That Haunts Us (Part 1)
№32| The Past That Haunts Us (Part 2)
№33|DeVille Cup Finals: A Battle For The Ages!
№34|Celebration!
№35|It's A Matter Of Trust
№36|Big Fires Everywhere
№37|Rekindling Passion
№38|Burn It Down
№40|Guess Who's Back!
№41|To Hell And Back
№42|Shelter From The Flames
№43|Douse The Flames
№44|Operation: Free The Lost Soul
№45|I'm Not The Villain, I'm The Damn Hero
Acknowledgements

№39|Tea Tree and Sage

46 7 35
By Sugar_And_Spice125

№39|Tea Tree and Sage
●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

As the fire finally died down, Hex and the family went through the burnt remains of the base.

Hex picked up the picture of him and Cruella, “it’s not burnt.”

Sergio patted his shoulder, “don't you remember what I told you, Hex? Love can survive even the hottest flames.”

Hex smiled up at Cruella, watching as she helped Mama with some of the burnt items.

“Even the hottest of flames, Hex, the hottest of flames.” Sergio repeated, smiling at his son.

The sound of rummaging from the back made Hex’s eyes dart towards the dark figure running away.

“Alonzo! Matias! Sick him!” Hex ordered.

The wolves nodded, quickly sifting as they chased after the figure. Matias noticed the brown fur on the mysterious person. He looked at his brother “wolf?”

Alonzo didn’t reply, cornering the brown wolf in the ally. “He can't be older tha 19, maybe 20, he’s still a pup.” Alonzo chuckled softly.

“He looks scared,” Matias noticed the fear in the brown wolf’s black eyes, “I almost feel bad…”

Alonzo sifted back to the human, “what do you think Hex?” he asked, Hex appearing in the alley way, “what should we do with the kid?”

Hex glared at him, hard, “shift.” he demanded, his rough tone being heard.

“That’s the thing, Hex, I don't think he can.” Matias piped up, “something about him... doesn't seem normal.”

“Well he is a werewolf, Matias.” Hex stated, rolling his eyes.

“I know that, Hex,” Matias pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing, “but werewolves his age aren’t supposed to be this big.”

“What do you mean?” Cruella asked.

“He has to be what...19, maye 20, to wolves he still qualifies as a pup.” Matias began to explain.

“Really? 20 is an adult.” Sergio scoffed.

“Werewolves have such long lifespans, him only being 20 is like a human being 10, he’s still a kid in the eyes of wolves.” Matias continued, “but he shouldn’t be that big.”

“He should be the size of a normal wild wolf, not the size of me and Alonzo, who are considered adults in werewolf age.” Matias noticed the confused looks on their faces.

“You know how me and Alonzo are a lot bigger than Cruella?”

“Yeah,” they all replied.

“Hey!” Cruella scolded, “it’s true, but hey!”

“Cruella, you should know that werewolves are bigger than animalistics who are in their wolf form.” Alonzo chuckled, Cruella rolled her eyes.

“Point is, he should be the size of Cruella,” he motioned towards Cruella, “do you mind morphing?”

Cruella morphed into her wolf form, standing beside the brown wolf, “he should be Cruella size at his age.”

“Dosen’t matter,” Hex picked him up by the scruff, “why were you at the fire?”

The wolf stayed silent, “why isn't he answering?” Hex glared at the two wolves.

“At his stage, wolves can't speak in their wolf form. Maybe if we talk to him, he might respond.” Matias shrugged.

“Fine,” he looked at Emmanuel, “mind if we use your base?”

°•. ✿ .•°

Hex, Cruella, Emmanuel, Marmalade, Matias, and Alonzo watched as the wolf sat in the interrogation room. Pacing in circles, anxious to get out.

“What’s wrong with him?”

“It’s the full moon tonight, he’s probably anxious to run.” Matias guessed.

“How come you two aren’t like him?” Marmalade asked, looking at the wolves questionably.

“Because, when we chased him, it calmed down our wolves. We should be good till later on tonight,” he pointed to the brown wolf, “he looks like he hasn't had a good run in ages.”

“Eponine went over his test results and it turns out there’s some toxin in his blood.” Matias sighed, shaking his head, “it’s a growth serum, a highly toxic one that modifies the DNA in wolves to make them grow faster.”

“Isn't that good, you get more adult wolves faster.” Emmanuel shrugged.

“No, giving a wolf his age this toxin is like giving a 10 year old cococane.” Matias summarized, Emmanuel inhaled sharply.

“Yikes,” he whispered.

“Yeah, that’s probably why he can't shift, his wolf and the toxin are in a battle.” Alonzo explained. Hex looked at the wolves, cocking his head towards the brown wolf, “well, go talk to him.”

“What?”

“Wolf to wolf ya know?” Hex shrugged, “he isn't responding to people but he might respond to you.”

Matias and Alonzo looked at Hex with deadpanned emotions, “fine…”

Matias took off his shirt, along with Alonzo, “hold this,” Matias threw it in his cousin’s face.

“Was that really necessary.” Hex sighed, taking the shirt off his face. Alonzo and Matias chuckled, entering the room as they shifted.

Matias, the white wolf, slowly approached the brown wolf, “we aren’t gonna hurt you.”

The brown wolf wasn’t taking any chances, he growled at the two wolves, backing into the corner, he dug his feet into the ground.

“We just wanna talk, kid.” Alonzo said, the brown wolf snapped at him.

“Don't call me kid!” the brown wolf snarled.

“Well at least we know he can talk.” Matias muttered, focusing his attention back on the wolf, “can you tell us your name?”

The brown wolf was silent, looking away from Matias and Alonzo.

“Can you tell us the pack you came from?”

“Burbank,” the wolf replied, Matias and Alonzo were taken aback.

“What’s wrong?” Hex asked over the intercom.

“Burbank is the pack me and Alonzo are from.” Matias replied, he studied the wolf more closely, “no…” his eyes widened, “no way…”

“What?” Emmanuel questioned.

“Alonzo,” Matias turned towards his brother, “remember Rico.”

Alonzo squinted at the wolf, “Rico?” he asked, the brown wolf looked up at him.

“Alonzo…?” Rico muttered.

“You know him?” Cruella asked.

“We used to wolf sit Rico, he was practically family. We took him in after his parents abandoned him as a child in the woods,” Matias squinted at Rico, “what happened to you?”

“Why were you at the scene of the fire?” Alonzo asked, wondering how the sweet innocent puppy he used to watch turned into the wolf in front of him.

“He said I was done for…” Rico whimpered, his eyes filling with shame.

“Who?”

“Salis.”

“How did you know Salis?” Matias questioned.

“After you and Alonzo joined the Golden Dragons, I wanted to go into the city too and try to be like you guys. So I told the pack I was leaving, they said I wasn’t ready and I was just a kid. I told them off and they banned me from the pack. I was scared and alone when Salis found me, he told me if I joined him I could get anything I wanted. Money, power, happiness, a mate. The mate part was really the only reason why I stook around…”

Matias and Alonzo watched Rico in shock as he continued.

“I was so confused and conflicted, the promise of a happy life with a mate sounded like paradise. I mean, everyone at the pack found mates so quickly I was angry I didn’t. I feel like an idiot for letting him manipulate me.”

Alonzo and Matias morphed out of their wolf forms, hugging Rico “we’re so sorry we didn’t reach out to you, Rico. You were basically our baby brother.” Alonzo stroked his fur.

“Yeah, we should have checked up on you sooner. We were so busy with the Golden Dragons we forgot about you and we’re sorry.” Matias frowned, “but we promise, from now on we’re gonna help you adjust to life outside the pack.”

“Yeah, this is great and all,” Hex’s voice broke though, “but he still lit the base on fire.”

“Did Salis tell you to do that?”

Rico nodded, “he said it was all for the cause. That’s what he always said.”

“You won't have to worry about Salis any more.” Matias assured him, scratching behind Rico’s ear, making the wolf wag it’s tail.

The moon shone into the room, Rico caught a glimpse of the moon from the window, he ran over to it, straching at the walls and whimpering.

“Did Salis ever let you run on the full moon?” Matias asked, Rico shook his head , desperately trying to get out.

“Come on, let him run Hex.” Alonzo said.

“Fine,” Hex shook his head, sighing, “but you two are responsible for getting him back and keeping him calm. Remember, he’s still a prisoner.”

“Promise Hex!” Matias saluted him, Hex rolled his eyes chuckling at his cousins.

“Get going already.” Hex smiled as he unlocked the door, Rico quickly rushed out of the integration room.

“He’s fast.” Emmanuel chuckled.

Rico bursted through the doors of the base, taking in the moon's gentle glow as his feet touched the soft grass of the backyard.

The smell of the pine trees made him remember the old times with his pack, when they would hunt in the woods. Rico couldn't control his excitement as he rolled around in the grass.

Matias laughed, “that’s the Rico I remember.”

Rico sat patently in front of Matias and Alonzo, wagging his tail, “you look happier.” Alonzo laughed.

“You have no idea.”  Rico grinned widely.

Eponine laughed, walking up to the trio, “I believe we haven’t met,” Eponine smiled at Rico, “I’m Eponine, Matias’ mate.”

“Is he paying you?” Rico tilted his head in concern.

Alonzo snorted in laughter, “I thought the same thing when I met them.”

“Hey!” Matias scolded.

Eponine giggled, “no, he isn't paying me. Me and Matias are happily in love,” she kissed Matias’ cheek, “where’s your mate, Rico?”

“He doesn't have one, Eppy.” Matias whispered.

“Oh,” Eponine frowned, “sorry for bringing it up.”

Rico nudged Alonzo, “Where's your mate?”

“She’s working, she’s a cop.” Alonzo informed him.

“Fancy.” Rico chuckled.

“Now I know you want to run some more but you gotta go back inside, we still got some questions we need to ask you, plus it’s getting late.” Matias patted Rico’s head.

Rico nodded and went back inside, he entered the interrogation room. He curled up in the corner, trying to get some rest.

“He looks so peaceful,” Emmanuel smiled softly.

“I know,” Marmalade nodded, “I’ll have one of the girls bring him food later.

°•. ✿ .•°

Hex stood on the balcony, gazing at the turtle in his hands, “it happened again…” he clutched the turtle, “how could it happen again…”

Cruella came up behind him, rubbing his shoulder, “hey,” Cruella kissed his cheek, “don't worry, we’ll catch him.”

“How are you so sure?” Hex asked, his eyes saddening.

“Because you taught me to always have hope,” Cruella rested her head on his shoulder, “you need to take your own advice.”

Hex sighed, Cruella kissed along his neck, “take a break, Hexy, you’ve been on edge since Salis came. Why don't you let me calm your nerves~”

Hex chuckled, “someone’s sly.”

“You know it.” Cruella whispered, her hands trailing up his abs, “don't you want me, Hexy~?”

Hex smirked, “more than you know, Cruella, more than you know.”

Cruella led him to the bed, “then show me.”

Hex towered over her, pinning her wrist softly to the bed, “I love you Cruella, I promise, once Salis is dealt with, we’ll live a beautiful life together.”

Cruella chuckled, “my life with you is beautiful with you in it.”

°•. ✿ .•°

Later that night, Rico sat in the interrogation room, curled up in the corner. He shivered, even though he had fur, it seemed like it wasn’t enough to keep it warm.

The door opened, the light of the hallway blinding the wolf slightly. He looked towards the doorway to see the silhouette of a beautiful woman.

“Hello,” her voice came out smooth like velvet, “you hungry?”

Rico nodded, the smell of lemon squares exciting him, he excitedly got up, running to the smell.

“You like lemon squares?” She chuckled, ruffling Rico’s fur, “I heard about you, how you burnt down the Golden Dragons base.”

Rico whimpered, looking down in shame.

“I felt bad because you looked hungry, so I made you some lemon squares.” she giggled, smiling at Rico, “I’m Julia.”

Rico noticed the earpiece in her ear. He tilted his head in concern.

“I’m deaf, but with this ear piece I can hear you.” Julia explained, noticing Rico was shivering, “oh my gods! You must be cold.”

She brought out a blanket, placing it over Rico, “there you go.”

She placed the lemon squares on the floor next to Rico before walking off. Rico stood in front of her, shaking his head.

“I need to go.” Julia laughed, ruffling Rico’s fur.

“No.” Rico whimpered.

“What do you mean no?”

“You can hear me?”

“Yeah, I didn't know why but yes I can hear you.” Julia smiled brightly.

“Then stay.” Rico smiled, his eyes pleading with Julia.

“Why?” Julia questioned.

“I just don't want you to go.” Rico frowned, trying to make her stay.

Julia sighed, sitting beside Rico in the corner. She patted the floor, “come on.”

Rico gladly ran into Julia’s lap, taking in her scent of tea tree and sage. He purred when her fingers threaded through her fur. So good…

Julia began humming a small tune, making the wolf purr even more, she chuckled, “are you a wolf or a cat?”

Rico chuckled, licking her face, “let’s say both.”

Julia chuckled and continued to stroke his fur, “go to sleep, you doggish-cat.”

°•. ✿ .•°

The next morning, Rico woke up to see Julia wasn’t there. His mind began to panic, he sprouted to his feet, quickly scanning the room. His eyes focusing on the door when it opened, “Julia!” he cheered, soon frowning when he saw it was just Hex, Alonzo, and Matias, “oh, it’s just you.”

“Don't get too excited,” Hex rolled his eyes, passing him a plate of scrambled eggs, “eat up, you got a long day of questioning ahead of you.”

“Where is she?”

“Who?” Alonzo asked, tilting his head at the wolf.

“Julia, she brought me food, I assumed she’d bring me breakfast, not you.”

“The deaf girl?” Matias said, Rico nodded, “I’m pretty sure she’s around here somewhere, she told us to give you the eggs though.”

Rico perked up, “she’s so generous!”

Alonzo chuckled, so did Matias, Hex just looked confused, “what’s so funny?”

“Hex,” Matias’ laughter doned down, “Julia is Rico’s mate.”

Rico got even happier at Matias’ words, “you think so?!”

Hex smirked, placing a chair in front of Rico for Hex to sit in, “oooh, so that makes things interesting,” he folded his hands over his lap, “how about this wolfie, if you tell of everything you learned about Salis and his plan we’ll let you out of the room to see Julia. How’d that sound?” 

Rico wasn’t really listening to Hex’s proposition, all Rico heard was ‘see Julia’, that was all the wolf needed to make his decision, “you can have whatever you want! As long as I get to see Julia.”

Hex chuckled, smiling at Rico, “good, other than you, who else has Salis requited?”

“He normally picks on the people who are weak and defenseless, down on their luck like I was.” Rico replied, frowning at the floor.

“We know he plans to rule the world with the Eternal Flame, what does that imply exactly?”

“He never really explained it in full, but he said it had to do with getting you since you have the Eternal Flame, he said poisoning your girlfriend and burning the base was the first step.”

“Did he say what the next step involved?”

“Yeah-”

“WHAT?!” Cruella’s voice boomed through the Ruby Rebel base. Hex quickly ran into their room to see Cruella pacing, holding her phone to her ear, “what do you mean she’s back? That’s not possible! We put her in jail!”

“What’s wrong?”

“Catania’s back,” Cruella’s eyes flashed pink with anger.

~A/N~

Who loves bringing back old antagonist!! I do! Y'all weren't expecting Catania to come back were you? Hehe... y'all love my plot twist.

Also, y'all may not remember Julia but she was in Emmanuel's flashbacks when he fought his stepbrother in the games. She was the little deaf girl that Emmanuel first met when he arrived at Gloria's house.

Remember now?

Yo, Catania is back. Like I know y'all hated her, I did too honestly and I made her, but man does the woman know how to stir the conflict pot!

This whole arc is one big, steaming, pot of conflicts! Like y'all thought Salis was bad, wait till we add Catania into the bunch! That's some spicy conflict there!

Y'all thought Catania and Julia were the only returning characters? Nah, we got one more returning character and it's a big one!

I don't wanna spoil anything. 🤭 But it's huge!

Till next time my love! Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 17.9K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
3.7M 79.9K 38
Sixteen-year-old Mara Westray has just lost her mother, and now, being shipped off to live with the father she doesn’t know is not how she imagined g...
6.6K 117 6
i dont really know, im just bored since i cant come up with ANYTHING orginal PLEASE give me request not associated with the creator of KinitoPET!! th...
63.8K 2.8K 36
[COMPLETED] ••Reached #1 in supervillain on 06/20/2019•• Charlotte Moon has a secret. A secret that, if shared with the wrong person, could get her a...