Adventures In AAA With Fionna...

By x_noonespecial_x

[unedited version] fionna, a newly turned 17 year old, gets her heart broken for the very first time. while t... More

Bitter Flame
Just Like Old Times
Morning Adventures
Gumbutt
Magic Woman
Take Me Away
Waking Up
Conversations With Bananas and Friends
Normal Girls
Plans
Choose Goose is a Little Bit Loose Loose (If You Know What Im Saying)
Mistakes
The Embarrassing Moments Bring Us Closer Part 1
The Embarrassing Moments Bring Us Closer Part 2
Making Our Way (In the World Today... )
Deadly Dreams
The Unwelcomed Guest and Blonde Baby
Closer (In More Ways Than One)
Could You Give Me A Definition, Please?
I Am Always Right
Broken Vault
Pricilla's Guide To Experiments
Sharing is Caring
Happy Birthday, Babe
Whispered Confessions
Just a Friendly Game
Coming Home
That Strange Servant
Complications
Unraveled
Schemes and Progress
No Time Soon
Are You Blind?
A Simple Conversation
Leads to Disaster
Release or Escape?
Dear Fionna...
Knock Knock
Secret Protections & Lost Causes
Payments
Memories of Blue
Don't Speak
Sleeping Noises
Unknown Passing
Unforgivable
Prince of Emotions
Epilogue
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE
NEW BOOK IS OUT (TAKEN DOWN)

Annoyances

926 35 13
By x_noonespecial_x

“Fionna, hey- wake up.”

I groaned softly as a gentle voice shook me from my sleep state. A soft, warm pillow caressed my cheek while also giving my arms something to hold onto. I shuffled myself closer to the warmth; the voice could wait five more minutes, right?

 “Fionna, Glob, wake up.”

 My shoulder was suddenly being faintly shaken and I couldn’t help but let out a groan of annoyance. I wanted to slap the hand away but in order to do that, I would have to see it first. I scrunched my eyes open ever so slowly, taking in a deep breath as the blinding light from the sun flowed into them. I gave a small stretch, releasing the tension in my back, while still holding on to my source of warmth. When my eyes had adjusted and I was enough awake to realize the voice was Marshall, I began to look around.

The comfy ‘pillow’ I had so dearly loved was none other than Marsh’s arm. My own arms were wrapped around his quite defensively as my head rested on it as well. I remembered the deal from a few nights ago and had the sudden urge to jump away from him but decided to see how Marshall would react instead. I’m still not even completely sure if he has feelings for me or not, though he’s always leaning into the ‘not’ category. Even so, he flirts to no end and is as protective of me as Cake, sometimes even more so.

“Fi-you awake now?” he chuckled quietly as our eyes met, mine squinted slightly due to the fact I had to face the sun in order to look at Marsh. I didn’t say anything back because it’s obvious if I’m looking at him, that yes, I’m awake. “You know, we started the challenge-crap-thing not even two days ago and you’ve already broken a rule. Multiple times, might I add.” he said, his eyes shifting down to where I had tangled myself with him.

Yes, it just so happened that this was not the first time I had awoken with Marshall trapped between my arms. It had happened every morning since our little midnight challenge. I wasn’t doing it consciously, no, I wanted to win, but I had to be doing something, whether I knew it or not, or else this wouldn’t be happening every morning.

“I did that in sleep, it’s not my fault. You could have easily pushed me off.” I retorted, my voice slightly scratched and some of my words not coming out exactly right. His eyes held amusement as he pondered this for a moment.

“It’s not like I’m going to just shove you off. That’s not very gentlemanly of me.” his voice was also a bit hoarse but still less than mine. He had been telling me to wake up for who knows how long.

“Oh? Since when do you care about being a gentleman?” I asked, releasing my hold on his arm and propping myself up. He never answered, instead he simply looked at me with those sparkling chocolate eyes and a small smile which tugged at his lips.

My stomach was attacking itself with millions of nervous feelings. My breath was shaky and as much as I wanted to be happy, that was the last feeling that came to my brain right now. While being home was going to be a good thing, I'd only encounter another problem there. Sometimes it’s as if my life has it out for me. I’m never able to pause and take a breath, or enjoy what happiness I get without wondering what bad thing is going to come from it. I’m always feeling something, though, whether good or bad, it’s nice to feel anything at least.

Today is the day we are to be arriving back into the candy kingdom. Good timing too, one day ahead of schedule. Marsh and I had to continue walking almost non-stop last night in order to reach where we are now. If the spaceship parts were to enlarge before we made it to Gumball's castle, we wouldn't be able to move them to his lab and the candy people would know something is wrong. Those are indeed both bad things.

"Fio? Hurry up we need to leave." Marshall called from the campsite, his tone was neither annoyed nor rushed. I think he’s just as excited as me to go home. He hasn’t touched his axe bass in all this time and I think it was starting to get to him.

I jumped into my shorts and shimmied on my top, quickly bundling my pjs into a wad. "I'm coming!" I yelled back, sprinting to the campsite and quickly packing away my things.

Marsh gave me a fleeting smirk as I readied myself, giving him a playful glare in return. My heart crumpled slightly as I internally sighed. This challenge will be over soon. It’s just another petty month.

"Ready to see your Gumwad?" He continued, picking up his things and slinging them over his shoulder. He stretched quicky before beginning to walk ahead of me.

"Huh, no, but I can't wait to see my sister. Oh, and the babies!" I squealed, walking behind him and then up beside him.

Marshall chuckled slightly. "I can't wait to get my bass out again." He sighed, a small smile tugging at his lips. I grinned at his longing enthusiasm. If I didn’t know any better I would say he missed Hambo too, but it’s obvious he’s been ‘secretly’ carrying it with him this whole trip. He hid it in his backpack, yes, but sometimes I would catch glimpses of the small patched up bear-thing. I never said anything to him about this, though. I didn’t have the need to. I understood. I found it endearing how much he’s attached to that old stuffed animal, wishing sometimes that I too had something valuable like that, filled with so many memories.

"Uh, Fionna?"

I quickly looked up, startled out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I chirped.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah,” I chuckled, “why?” My voice was in a ‘duh’ sort of tone.

“You’re smiling like an idiot over there. It’s kinda freaky.” he raised an eyebrow, a smirk gracing his features.

“Oh, I can’t be happy?” I joked, giving him a playful glare and happy sigh.

Well,”

“Just shut up.” I smiled, pushing his shoulder and letting out a small laugh.

We paused to eat lunch but even then all we could talk about was home. Diner time came and instead of eating while walking, we decided to sit and rest. We were almost to the kingdom, anyway.

I sat down on a tree stump while Marshall pulled out our food. I sat my backpack against my leg and stretched my aching muscles. As if on cue, the pink crystal hummed and forced me to allow the call. Gumball's face sprouted from the gem, giving me mixed emotions about seeing him again. That was the one of the things I was dreading about going back.

The other was the fact Magic Woman could easily betray our deal and put me under some kind of spell anyway. If anything went wrong, I would be an easy target if I stayed in Aaa. The thought of leaving had crossed my mind several times, yes. Maybe I could just never go back home, have Marshall tell everyone I died in some sort of accident. It could work. Still though, I would never be able to see what little family I had left ever again. I couldn’t possibly do that.

"My GPS shows you two are extremely close to home!" Gumball excitedly spoke, making a small smile appear on my face. Wait GPS? He was tracking us this whole time? How did I not know about this? What else did he have?

"Yeah, I'm really excited. I can't wait to go back to the treehouse and see Cake and t-"

"Go to the treehouse?" Gumball chuckled, disregarding Marshall's figure behind me. "Fionna, you have to stay at the castle until the spaceship is finished. If not, Magic Woman could easily harm you."

I paused to think on his words but immediately refused. "She can harm me in the castle too!" I yelled, setting Gumball's pink face on a boulder in front of me before standing up. I shuffled around, my heart now extremely aching.

The one thing I was looking forward to is gone.

"But we have guards in the castle. It would be much more secure for you and everyone else. It's the only way.”

Gumball's last sentence brought back horrible memories of clown nurses and forest animals. I shivered slightly at how out of control I had gotten. I knew my way wasn't always the best way. I was older now, and more mature. I understood that if it would make Gumball feel more secure, then I would stay at the castle.

"How long?" I muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"How long?" I said louder, now looking up at the gummy face I once adored.

"Well it should take me only a few years for th-"

"Years?" My heart really ached now. My nose stung and tears pricked my eyes. "I’m not staying at the castle for years Gumball!"

"Mag-"

"Hey." Marshall finally interrupted. His arm slid around my shoulder as he stood next to me. His eyes were a low red color and his entire body was stiff. "If she thinks she can protect herself, she can. You should know that by now, Gumwad."

My eyes stayed glaring at Gumball as I watched him stare down Marshall. He sat silent for a minute before replying grimly.

"Two months. At least two months you have to stay in the castle. Visitors are allowed during visiting hours. Those are 10am-4pm. If this isn’t good enough for you Fionna,” he said, though he eyed Marshall, “then I could always arrest you for however long it takes."

My jaw dropped at the limited visiting hours and the fact Gumball would have the nerve to arrest me. I didn't want to go there at all but I nodded my head in agreement, knowing the situation couldn't get any better.

"On the bright side, you'll have me if you need anything, Fionna." Gumball chirped, waving his hands around to express his disturbing emotions.

I grimaced and shimmied my way out of Marshall's hold. "Thanks Gumball." I murmured sarcastically, turning away and grabbing my food.

"So how's things going between you two lovebirds?" now Gumball was trying to make small conversation? Something was up, but I didn't know what. It didn't seem right.

"Perfect." I said at the same time Marshall muttered "Good."

Gumball gave me a raised eyebrow as I turned around to sit back down on the tree stump. "What?" I asked, shoving half of a granola bar into my mouth.

"Nothing, I just find it kind of funny, that's all." Gumball sung, folding his hands together and resting his chin on top of them. Gumball was acting strange. Did he know? He couldn’t know.

"And why would you find that funny?" I scoffed, looking at the undisturbed yet slightly intrigued Marshall from a side glance.

"Because you're lying, Fionna. Along with the GPS, I have a microphone implanted. Ehh, I can hear everything you say. Or, should I say, I’ve heard everything you’ve said." Gumball chuckled as he played with the wedding ring he had tried to give me. "Its pretty pathetic if you ask me."

I was angrier than ever then. I was angry but I was sad, embarrassed, and I didn't know what to do. "If you think my feelings are pathetic you shouldn't waste your time trying to be married to me." I stumbled out, throwing the rest of my granola bar onto the ground.

Marshall still said nothing. His face was blank, unreadable. Why wasn't he defending me? Defending us? I wanted to punch both the idiotic boys until they were near death.

"No, you're feelings aren't what's pathetic in this situation. It's the fact that disgusting creature has your love and I don't. What's pathetic is that," Gumball chuckled, "is that he doesn't love you back."

"I-"

"How can you love someone so disgusting. I mean, he's a bat. Bats are sick and carry many diseases, Fionna."

"I don't care about th-"

"That's funny, really. I mean a pretty woman like you and yet you have to love that dis-"

"Would you s-"

"And he doesn't love you back!" This time Gumball couldn't hold in his laughter. I could feel my face burning up and I looked away quickly, already done with trying to fight his words. My nose was burning but I forced myself to suck it up. I wasn’t going to cry again, not in front of this idiotic piece of candy.

"Yeah, but I don't love you so I think we're even, Gumball." I spat, looking up to see his gummy expression change from snobbish to gruesome. His mouth opened and I prepared myself for the worst, only, it wasn’t Gumball who spoke-it was Marshall.

"I'm tired of listening to you call out Fionna so harshly. I'm tired of looking at your pathetic face, and I am very tired of hearing your whiny voice.” Marshall sighed, his tone a ‘I’m-completely-done-with-your-crap’ kind of tone. “We're returning tonight so instead of wasting our time now, you can face us in person in a few hours, you fuc-” Marsh glanced at me quickly before rephrasing his wording, “stupid wad."

With that, Marshall grabbed the crystal and hung up, handing it to me and running his hand quickly down his face. At least he remembered how I hate cussing. Brownie points to him.

It was a silent blanket around us but I didn't mind. I didnt want to talk at the moment. Our words would be overheard anyway.

A/N

one day early update woop woop

my procrastination skills never fail to impress me (woop woop)

hope you enjoy anyway (woop woop?)

xoxo

... woop woop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 729 19
You, Y/N, are a normal human living in Aaa with your good friends, Fionna, Cake, Marshall Lee, and Prince Gumball. You keep to yourself most of the t...
178K 8.2K 19
"You got it bad for me, Mr.Perfect" Marshall chuckled as his dark figure floated into the night sky, cloaking his muscular body from me. I searched e...
22.7K 567 32
Fionna realizes the night of her birthday ball she really likes Marshal and he likes her back but what does cake and PB think? (I'm new at writing go...
5.8K 166 17
Prince Gumball's Biennial Gumball Ball is coming around the corner and the Prince has invited Fionna to be his special... chef? When Gumball asks Fio...