Mending What Broke: Todoroki...

By KikichanArtist

The balance between good and evil is anything but simple. People easily assume it's nothing more than black a... More

Character INFO
Welcome To Class 1-A
USJ
Worst First Day
Something Stronger
Never Ending
The Small Things
Heavy Mood
Shadows
Butting Heads
Training
Break At The Park
Talking
Obstacle Race
Distance
Calvary Battle
Flattery
I'll Kill 'Em
Whats Begun
Stay Strong
Plan B
The Line
Encounter
Your Way
Gone
Becoming A Hero
Baby Steps
Electric
Fashion Trouble
"Amazingly Powerful"
Smoker
Hero Killer
Over Use
All Or Nothing
It's Over...Right?
Unsettling
Embarrassed
The Hand Crusher
Worst Patrol Ever
Back To Class
Weird People
Rewind
State Of Mind
Flames
Spiral
Control
Short Encounter
Exam Day
Floating
Panic
Hands
Get In Bitches Were Going Shopping
Short Visit
Enjoy It
Mix Up
A Test
Plus Ultra
My Bowl!
Aggressive Wink
Hot Springs
Traitor
Undercover
So Close
Sorry
Past This
As A Hero
Dorms
Chapter 69
Her Desk
Break In
What The Hell Is Happening?!
A Slip Up
Marriage!?
Too Close For Comfort
Distractions
The Anteroom
Conflict
Parent-Teacher Conference
No Problem
The TV
In the Mirror
You Got Mail
Privileged
Nerves
Suspicion
Reporters
Ice Cream Break
His Daughters
Sweet Smoke
The Secret Mission
Camie
Bunch Of Brats
Turning Back The Page
Go Home
What's Wrong?
Late Nights
One Week
Vending Machine
Chapter 100
A Disadvantage
School Festival
The Bridge
Lost And Found
Preparing for the Festival
Eri
VHS Tapes
Rooftops
Very Pretty
Hero Too
Confuse Me
Endeavor
The Call
Bothersome
Liers
Love Letters
Hype Man
The Dinner
Room 205
Winter Costumes
Mushrooms
Let's Go Team 3!
Five Minute Match
Understanding
Groceries
Simple Questions
Interviews
Birthday Troubles
Christmas In The Dorms
Work-Studies
Flying High
Too Quiet
Late Starts
Dinner for Eight
Natsuo
Painted Walls
Busy Mornings
Change Of Plans
Hot Pot Dinner
After School Shopping
Shoe Shopping
Cold Waters
Bickering
Favors From Endeavor
Decisions
A Truck
Fix It
Letting it Out
Against Better Judgment
Line Of Misfortune
Breathing Exercises
A Grim Future
Nothing Left To Give
Sleepover Betrayals
Tainted Memories
In The Hall
Picking Fights
Bonding Moments
Tomorrow
Pressure
I Know
Better
Silent Promises
A Cold Winter
Missing
A Winter's End
Out Of Hand
Hestia

The Exam

4.1K 148 147
By KikichanArtist

Not gonna lie. I had no idea how to not make Y/n third wheel these two. Like deadass looked at this chapter for a week straight trying to figure out how to make it not so one-sided. So have this. I'm sorry XDD There will be more fluffy moments with you and Shoto soon I promise.

-L/n's POV-

Hearing as Ojiro's and Iida's exam had ended with an expected passing grade, I froze slightly, feeling my nerves spike.

Todoroki stood, turning to me and Momo, "It's our turn now. Let's go,"

"Right," Giving Todoroki a firm nod, I walked to his side, only to turn back around and see the smartest girl on our class deep in thought. "Momo? Are you alright?"

The raven-haired girl's head perked up, a small gasp coming from her lips.

"What's wrong, are you nervous?"

"Oh. No"

"To be honest I'm pretty nervous myself. I mean we all have a right to be seeing as we are fighting actual pro heroes,"

"It's okay, with our opponent I don't blame you, but don't worry. I have a plan in mind for us."

"Great, cause I am stumped on what to do," I laughed lightly trying to ease the tension of the exams. Momo began to speak before the buzzer went off.

'Team Todoroki, L/n, and Yaoyorozu. Practical Exam. Ready? Go!'

"You two, follow me," Todoroki began to run off, Momo and I following him as we made our way around the city block. "Yaoyorozu! Listen, I want you to keep making small objects. When you stop being able to it means Mr. Aizawa's close by. L/n Keep an out for anything that might seem suspicious,"

"Got it!"

"Our success depends on which one of us finds the other first. once we spot him, I'll draw him to me. Then you two can run to the escape gate and win this thing for us. Just stay close to me until then."

Looking over to Yaoyorozu my eyes furrowed as I watch her face fall.

"Come on, hurry up and start making thing-"Hearing Todoroki's demand I cut him off.

"-Um I can do it! I could use my fire and make a dull flame in my palm. That way if we get into a bind Yaoyorozu could save her energy to let us make a quick escape. And both me and you have fire quirks Todoroki, so it would be more practical if I were to use my quirk since we have more than one source of fire at our disposal," Igniting a flame in my palm I showed an example of what I had meant, as Todoroki pondered on the offer, I gave a quick smirk to Momo, her eyes softening as I did so.

"Alright, that'll work to I suppose. Just let me know if you notice your quirk acting strangely at all."

The three of us began to run once again, The flame in my hand being protected from the wind by the makeshift shield I had made with the opposite hand as we ran.

"I'd expect nothing less from the two of you," Momo started capturing my attention, distracting me from my flame for a moment.

"What do you mean?" Todoroki

"Well, Todoroki was able to come up with a plan to use against Mr. Aizawa so quickly. You knew exactly what was best as soon as we started and L/n thought out a more strategy winning way so we would use all our resources to our advantage."

"This is nothing,"

"Pft! Says you Todoroki! I used all my two brain cells to come up with my idea back there!"

Yaoyozoru had slowed her pace coming to a stop, causing me to ease my actions.

"No, you're wrong, as students who got into UA through recommendation, Todoroki and I started from the same place. But in terms of the practical skills a hero needs, I haven't really managed to do anything that stands out. During the cavalry battle, I just followed Todoroki's orders. And then when it was my turn to fight, I failed before I could do anything," Hearing Yayorozus words, I sighed sadly.

'She's one of the best students in UA... why in the world is she so nervous?'

" Yayorozu, sometimes all we need to know is how to follow orders, and heck that's all I've been doing this-"

"L/n. Your flame has gone out. He's coming!"

My eyes widened as reignited my hand, only to find that no flame would show. I gritted my teeth looking up to the sky to try and find our homeroom teacher.

"Crap I wasn't paying attention!"

"I'm sorry!" Yaoyorozu was quick to follow my lead as she too was looking for the Pro.

"If you know I'm here then you should be acting."

"Shit!" Falling back onto my butt in order to duck out of the way of Mr.Aizawa's kick, Todoroki attempted to land a punch, only for Aizawa to land behind him.

"I would suggest you prioritize decision since I've taken your power from you." 

"L/n! Yaoyorozu! Go!" Todoroki yelled towards the two of us as he tried to land a kick on Aizawa.

 My eyes widened as I scrambled up from my spot on the floor, chasing after Yaoyorozu I yelled to her.

"I'll try to split off and find another way so that way it'ss be harder to capture us both at once!"

"Right!"

As Yaoyorozu ran off straight ahead I made a sharp turn into an alley, going a couple of blocks down away from my raven-haired classmate.

'I should have been paying attention dammit!'

hearing a goosh of wind behind me I made a quick dash behind a building, peeking around the corner to see Mr. Aizawa flying past me in the air.

'Todoroki was caught! He's heading towards Momo now I bet,'

"No!"

'Crap! he captured her! Do I go after her or to the gates!?'

Shaking my head I took a deep breath trying to think of a plan quickly.

'Fuck it! Let's be a clique bitch. No man left behind,'

Running back toward where I had heard Yaoyorozu last, I slowed my pace as I drew near the noise, the image of Aizawa holding Yaoyorozu by her wrist with his scarf made me freeze in my place.

'How am I supposed to stop him! If I use my fire He'll just erase t anyways! And even if he doesn't I have a chance I'll miss and hit Momo instead! Damnitt! Dammit! Dammit!'

While I tried to wrack my brain for ideas, my eyes widened seeing Yaoyorozu able to use her quirk and running off.

'Fuck! She went the wrong way!' Chasing after my friend, I made sure to stay hidden from Aizawa's sight as I ran I had lost sight of both Aizawa and Yaoyorozu.

"Crap, now what? This place is a maze," Looking at my surroundings, I flinched seeing a bright flash of light. My eyes momentarily being blinded, as the sound of two pairs of feet came towards me.

"L/n!" Hearing Todoroki's voice, my vision finally started coming back to me, a firm hand grabbing ahold of my jacket pulling me forwards. "Hurry Aizawa's behind us! We have a plan B!"

"I thought our best bet was to run to the exit?"

"It was, but Yaoyorozu has come up with another plan.  We have to stay out of Mr.Aizawa's sight!" I nodded, my breathing becoming heavy as the toll of running the entire test was taking its toll.

"Todoroki! keep checking to see if you can use your ice powers, okay!?"

"Not fast enough kids!" Hearing Mr. Aizawa's voice behind us, I panicked slightly, as I also heard his scarf coming up behind us. 

Running behind Todoroki, my eyes widened seeing his hand start frosting over.

"L/n! Duck down!" Hearing Todoroki's yell, I quickly ducked down onto my knees, covering my head with my arms as a hill of ice washed above me, making the ground rumble. HEaring as the ice had ceased to form, I lifted my head, gazing behind me as a large ice wall loomed over the three of us, Mr.Aizawa gone from view.

Turning back to my two classmates, my eyes widened seeing an outstretched hand in front of my face, just centimeters from my nose. Taking his hand I looked up to Todoroki, giving him a small smile.

"I blocked him with the wall the moment my quirk came back. We can use our powers again, so can you tell us the rest of your plan now?" Turning his head towards Yaoyorozu, Todoroki ignited his flame quirk in a split second he looked back his voice spoken with a higher-pitched tone causing me to quirk my brow. "Is that Aizawa's scarf you're making?"

"It is."

Looking over to Yaoyorozu, I let out a snort seeing at what the bo had seen to make him so uncomfortable. There in front of me stood the number one ranked girl in our class with her top open creating a replica of our homeroom teachers' scarf. Still giggling I placed my hand near Todoroki's proviral vision, smiling to him I spoke softly.

"At least you're a gentleman about it,"

"I don't know the material it' made of, or precisely how it's constructed, so it's not exactly the same. But I created my own version with a special material woven into it. Since this is a residential area, we must keep collateral damage to a minimum. And he moves his own restraining bonds so quickly. It makes it difficult to catch him, so you see here is my plan."

As Yaoyorozu finished making the scarf, she constructed a catapult to go with it.

"What do you two think? I believe this has the highest chance of success, or at least better than trying to run."

"You're telling me,"

"We'll only get one chance. So is this alright with the two of you?"

"Yeah. No complaints here."

"I think it's a great idea,"

"Alright put this on so he can't erase your guy's quirks.,"

"Right"

 PLacing the tarp over me, I ran to my position as soon as Momo ran out with the decoy, Aizawa was quick to see her as he ripped off the ploy tarp from off of  Momo and the catapult. Yaoyorozu was quick to cut the string, shooting her makeshift scarf into the air around our homeroom teacher.

"L/n! Todoroki! Blast your flames now!"

Lifting my arms out from under the tarp I blasted my flames toward the scarf around Aizawa, trying my best to not chicken out this time and fail us.

'Think of them as villains!'

"I'm not sure we have a chance at beating you in a full battle, Mr.Aizawa, but that's okay. Tell me something? Have you heard of nitinol allowei? When heated It returns to its original shape in an instant! It's a metal with shape memory!"

Taking the tarp off from over my head, I stopped my flames, watching as Mr. Aizawa was wrapped up in the metallic cloth, allowing us to cuff our teacher.

"Holy. Crap! We passed! You are the best Momo!" Letting out a small excited giggle I grasped the taller girl into a hug.

"It went exactly according to your plan. It was almost a little too smooth."

"Honestly, it shouldn't have worked out. When I was about to trigger the catapult, I made a Big Mistake. Mr. Aizawa noticed but still jumped away. Even though he could have stopped me easily. I think he allowed himself to be captured by my plan on purpose.

"I was just trying to see what both Todoroki and L/n would do. You were in my sights, but they still had a cloth over him remember? I thought L/n would just be a decoy as Todoroki would try to freeze me so I thought it would be best for me to back off. In doing so it looks like I ended up playing right into your hands."

"It really was just a matter of timing, like you said, huh. Thanks teammate."

"Yeah like seriously, without your plan we would have probably failed- eh- No offense Todoroki!"

"What's wrong? do you feel sick?"

"No. It's nothing, really!"

"Then why are you crying!? We passed!"

"If you feel nauseous there's a pressure point you can press onto-"

"No, I told you, I'm fine!"

The buzzer rang loudly at the announcer came on once again.

"Team Todoroki, L/n, and Yaoyorozu have passed the final exam!"

"Fuck yeah baby!" I jumped up at the announcement wrapping my arms around Todoroki's neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 591 31
She wasn't comfortable in a caring world, but when he reached a hand out, she had no choice but to grab on. ...
1.2M 53.9K 74
"Our universe grants every soul a twin -- a reflection of themselves -- the kindred spirit -- And no matter where they are or how far away they are f...
19.8K 318 33
𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙... 𝙔/𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝘼𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣-𝘼𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙚. 𝙃𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙢𝙤�...
214K 7.7K 42
𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥. 𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘥𝘦. 𝘔𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘱𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 �...