Flames

-Y/n's POV-

I stared at Todoroki, biting my lower lip softly as my sweat covered hands clasped together nervously. Rain boomed against the tin roof over our heads, when suddenly a small trail of smoke emitted from my hands, causing me to let out a small yelp shaking my hands free of the grey smoke.

"You don't have to talk about it," Todorkoi spoke, causing me to look up from my hands, his cold right palm covering my hands as a way to calm the smoke. His heterochromia eyes gazing into my e/c eyes. The close proximity giving me the chance to finally take note of how his scar somewhat complemented his features. Though having a dark past behind it, it also showed how much he had overcome. How much he had changed. How he accepted his past.

'Maybe he'll do the same for me,'

I blinked, shaking myself free from the trance, backing my face away from his, letting off a nervous laugh.

"That's not it Todoroki," I sighed pulling my hands from the boys cold one. My body leaning against the cool glass of the bus stop, "To be able for you to slightly understand my situation would mean I'd have to tell you a whole story and I don't really think you'd want to listen to my sob story,"

My hands found their way to my jeans, my nails picking at the loose thread that seems to come out of nowhere.

"You listened to my story," Looking up to Todoroki's figure I noticed his hands were folded while his elbows laid gently against his knees as he leaned forward. His eyes directed at the scenery in front of the half-demolished bank across the street from us, "Besides, It's best to stay put until the rain lets up,"

"Tch," My hand reached the back of my neck, rubbing it shyly, "You're really that interested?" Todoroki didn't answer, his gaze tied to the construction area. I stayed quiet for a moment contemplating where I should start to make it all make sense but also not make it drawn out.

"You see that building over there?" I questioned, my hand raising from my lap as my finger gestured to the dark silhouette that seems to haunt me.

"The old bank?" I gave a small nod, my arm dropping back into my lap lazily.

"I caused that," My body tensed up feeling the dueled haired boy's eyes stare into the side of my head, "It was a long time ago. When Mikito was about-er I don't know, a year old maybe?"

------

-(Four Years Old)-

"Thanks again Mom, we should be back around midnight tonight," Looking up from my spot next to Grandma, I watched as my dad placed his hand in the small of my mother's back, her pale/dark lips stripped to a thin line in a tight smile.

"Have all the time you need sweetie. It's not often you two get to go out! Especially with this little one running around," Grandma cooed at the small child in her hands, her permed black hair going gray.

I watched as Mom bent down, her black legging bending with her as she balanced on one knee. Her hands raised up, cupping my cheeks softly. Her smile unwavering as her eyes scanned my round childish features.

"You behave for Grandma now, okay? Daddy and I will be back before you can say welcome back," Rubbing her nose against mine, I laughed, repeating the words to her happily.

"Welcome back! Welcome back!" Mom let out a soft laugh, ruffling my hair playfully, the two of them leaving after their goodbyes.

------

-(Present Time)-

"You know, it's weird... I remember that but not how I actually got to the bank," I laughed half-heartedly, my hands rubbing together as the memory reincarnated itself. The thoughts of it not occurring to how often they have been emphasized on. 

"Sorry if I seem all over the place with the story," I apologized. My dull (e/c) eyes starring off out the window. The rain still pouring down harder than ever, "I've never really talked about it spare a few times. Besides you, I personally have only told three people. My grandma, the police, and Gina," Glancing back to Todoroki I was surprised to see his eyes staring back at me. Their reflection showing intent and curiosity.

I sighed once more, running a (s/c) hand through my (H/l) (H/c) locks.

------

-(Four Years Old)-

It was somewhere around midnight, my small figure had walked past the broken entrance of the bank. Glass littering the floor as I was careful not to step on the shards. Looking up from my feet, I had noticed two shadow figures. Both of which were easily recognized as my parents.

"Mommy," I whispered. My voice was quieter than intended in the silent room.

Looking around more, I had noticed the former glory of the bank. The common setup of it the same as all the others I've seen. The fake potted plants, that no matter how many times I touched or picked at them they were always plastic. The oddly-colored carpeting on the floor, the desk lamps. Everything was in its rightful place.

Everything except for the vault in the back of the room, where the two shadows worked around quickly, shoving as much money as they could into sacs that were being held in a tight grip.

Hearing sirens in the near distance, the bolder figure lurched up, his eyes widening as they met with my much smaller figure.

"Y/n?"  He called making me smile brightly.

"Daddy!" Running to the man I watched as his sac fell to the floor, the green sheets of paper value spilling everywhere, his legs rushing him over to me. 

Mom wasn't too far behind, hearing my rather loud voice over the flashing lights that lit up the room in reds and blues.

Looking out the window my eyes widen as Dad cursed under his breath, running towards mom with me in his arms. Grabbing my Mother's forearm, Dad took us deeper into the large bank, Moms quirk activating as we passed by a metal door. Dad quickly slamming it shut as Mom welded it to the frame of the door.

------

-(Present Time)-

My eyes fell to the floor of the bus stop, our wet footprints covering the dry area under the tin roof. My eyes closed slowly as I let out a long breath.

"That's when shit hit the fan,"