Vending Machine

Sorry for the long pause in between chapters, I've been in a creative rut, while at the same time resisting the urge to create a whole ass Fantasy AU of this book XD But- for now, that's gonna have to wait, seeing as I still need to at least get Todo and Y/n to the actually  R E L A T I O N S H I P part of the story XD, which.... is LONNNG overdue.

And still not happening for a few more chapters.... I think? XD

-Y/n's POV-

"Mikoto, slow down before you fall," I warned, watching as the horned boy ran ahead of Shoto and me, his hands out by his sides still hyper from his two-day sleepover.

"But Kaminari said he'd let me play the new game he got when I got back home today!" The smaller boy retorted, stopping at the edge of the sidewalk as cars flew past, his hand quickly reaching up towards the crosswalk button as he gave it three small pushes.

Taking his hand into my own, I lead him away from the crosswalk and onto the path we were on, changing our route for the day, Shoto silently following as I did so.

"You're gonna have to wait a bit longer cause I want to stop by the hospital again really quick," Feeling Mikoto's hand squeeze mine, he sighed heavily.

"Are we going to see Grandma again?" He questioned, looking crossed the street at a small family walking their dog.

"Only for a few minutes, I know it's not exactly fun sitting in a silent room for hours on end, but I need to sign a couple of things," I partially lied, seeing as he has yet to know of Gina's reappearance.

'Maybe I'm putting this on him all too soon. What if he has the same reaction as Mineta and ends up being afraid of Gina?'

"Oh, okay. Can me and Todoroki get something at the food machines?" He questioned, his wording making me laugh slightly.

"You mean 'vending' machines? Sure, but only if Shouto wants to,"

"I don't mind," The heterochromia boy spoke quickly as Mikoto glanced up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Yes!" Watching as he threw a small fist bump in the air, I shook my head, pulling his hand back as a way to get him to stop walking, once again waiting for the crosswalk to turn green.

 As the three of us waited, a silence fell over us, the cool breeze blowing past as the cars finally came to a stop allowing us to pass.

Seeing the hospital now a little under two blocks away, my eyes landed on a familiar silhouette on the opposite side of the street, its the man in the long coat and greased back hair that I have noticed more often than not whenever I would bring Mikoto home.

He sat silently on a small bench, his sunglasses that covered his eyes pointed in the direction of the hospital building, seemingly lost in thought as he gazed up at it

'Why does that man always seem to be around us?'

"Y/n?" Mikoto called, breaking me from my thoughts hearing how the tone in his voice had dropped slightly.

"What is it?" I questioned, giving his smaller hand a quick squeeze, his e/c eyes stained against his feet as we walked.

"When is Grandma gonna come back home?"

Hearing this, I could feel as Shoto's eyes suddenly fixated themselves between Mikoto and me, curious on how I would answer, his hand not taking long to make its way to mine as his warm thumb grazed delicately over my knuckles.

Opening my mouth to speak, I quickly closed it, trying to find the right words that the young boy would understand. Sighing, I halted my steps, reluctantly pulling away from Shouto's grasp before bending down to meet my brother's height.