I Know

I fixed it('つヮ⊂)

This chapter turned out to be way harder to write than anticipated.

Looking back at this I think I was listening to one too many dramatic Tik Tok sounds when coming up with this chapter(ΘLΘ)

I just realized it is 1 in the morning and I'm to the point where I don't know if this is good or not but I'm tired( ˘ ³˘)♥ Kisses <3

Enjoy!! (;° ロ°)/ ~

-Y/n's POV-

"It's not the end of the world dear," Grandma spoke softly, standing beside me as I helped her prepare dinner for the night, "You don't have to be accepted in U.A. to become a good hero. There are plenty of other schools that you can apply to instead,"

Frowning, I continued to cut up the pile of carrots she had given me. The plastic cutting board earning a bright orange stain alongside the tips of my fingers. Collecting the small pile of cut-up carrots I had curated, I reached my arms out towards the small mixing bowl, dumping the ingredient on top of the chunks of potato Grandma had already finished dicing.

Watching the last pieces fall from my hands, my eyes drifted to my arm. Brow furrowing when the long, jagged scars that spiraled down my forearm had no longer been etched into my skin.

Wondering where it had gone, I shook the thought from my mind, continuing my given task, "Yeah, I know Grandma. But it still sucks," I argued, the heavy weight in my chest once again growing remembering the rejection letter I had gotten just a few months prior. "U.A. is a really hard school to get into. And I heard that Gina had gotten accepted. So when they had let me apply to be let in late..."

My hands slowed to a stop as I stood thinking about what I could instead be doing if I had gotten accepted, "I dunno, I got my hopes up, I guess,"

"If you want my opinion dear, I think you dodged a bullet," Grandma hummed, placing the last bits of chopped onion into the bowl between us. Hands reaching over to slide my cutting board over to her spot in order to finish the half-cut carrot at a faster speed, "You heard on the news how those two kids were captured by a group of villains. I heard the one still missing is working for the group who captured them," 

Scrapping her knife against the cutting board, she slid the rest of the chopped vegetable into the bowl. Making her way to the sink to wash the board of its newly acquired stain. Turning to me, her horns reflected in the window in front of her.

"You wouldn't want to be caught up in all that drama, now would you?" Offering me a smile, her aged eyes looked back to the sink, "Besides, I feel much safer knowing I have a hero in the house watching over us,"

Feeling a smirk pull against the corner of my mouth, I rolled my eyes at her playfully, "Yeah, yeah, whatever,"

Hearing small taps of feet, my eyes looked towards Mikoto as he ran into the kitchen, his hands held up high above his head as he reached to show Grandma the new drawing he had made of him and All Might. The news of the former pro having to retire still unable to shake the little boy of his obsession.

"Grandma look! It's me and All Might fighting bad guys!" Trying to step up on his tippy toes to give the older woman a closer look.

Turning off the water, Grandma flicked her wet hands into the sink as she turned to look at the boy's creation, "Oh wow! You did a great job Koto, go show your sister,"

With his eyes glancing over to meet me, the boy's hands reached the picture above his head. Taking it in my hand, I smiled at the poorly drawn fight scene he had created.