Dear Diary

By ameernaseerameen

Aleeya is such a sweet an innocent girl who only wanted the will-you-marry-me kind of love. Unconsciously she... More

Introduction
Breaking the Silence
The Man of My Dreams
A Mother's Hug
Broken
A glimpse of the Past
Good Friends
I loved Him
Second Chance?
The Power of Imagination
Soulmates
Hide and Seek
"Same Sunset, Just a different man"
A Promise Fulfilled
It was Supposed to be a Happy Day.
Just a bet
I am Lucky
Broken-heart Beats
The Heart, The Brain and The Master.
The Sun Embracing the Moon
Hold On...
Forgiveness
Forgiveness II
Feelings
Bed of lies
Family
Home At last
Just Friends
The Unexpected
Destiny
The Last Goodbye
Move On...
Without you!
Rollercoaster
Songs of the past
More than just a Diary
"The diary girl"
A Crazy Love
Pinky Floras
Split Personalities
Time Heals...
Destiny, Time and I.
The Date I
The Date II
The Silent Storm
Guardian Angels
The Promise
Friends
The Seven stages of grief
Visiting Hours
I'm not a Poet
The road to Love
The Road To Love II
Secrets Of the Night
A Loosing Game
A Spark
Philophobia
A New Dawn
Leap of Faith
When love arrives...
From The Author's Desk
The Beginning of Doom
The trust we share
The Courtroom
The Law is Blind.
Vengeance

All you need is a therapist

280 60 25
By ameernaseerameen

A man sat on the floor and leaned his back on the couch. A wisp of smoke rose from where he sat from time to time, and soon the dark room was covered by fog of smoke.

"..🎶.How many times do i have to tell you, even when you are crying you are beautiful too...🎶
...John Legend's "All Of me" played in the background and it's clear that this song reminds him of someone dear.

"I am sorry, i realise my mistake now" he said to himself as if he was saying it to someone else.

Suddenly a man in his late forties pushed the door of the room open, his nose was hit by an unpleasant smell coming from the room immidiately he went into the room. He covered his nose and made his way through the sea of trash on the floor, this was room was nothing less than a dustbin.

He Clapped his hands and immidiately the sound sensitive bulbs automatically lit the dark room, the man sitting at the center of the room involuntarily closed his eyes, to him it was as if the sun has suddenly popped up in his dark room.

He then turned to see who the intruder was, on sighting the face of the man that just came in, he only smirked

"Dad...who else could it be? Did they report me to you"

Without caring to answer the question, the man made his way through the fog of smoke towards the man sitting at the center of the room. He gave him a gentle tap on the shoulder

"Hey, you have been in your room for three days now, you don't even go out. You don't pick our calls and we were worried about you. Beside You didn't come to visit for two days, So i came to check up on you. Let's go outside for some fresh air"

"Dad, just let me be. Go to your wife, don't you love her more than me?" The younger man replied feeling reluctant to go

His mother died while he was only seven years old, four years after his mother's untimely demise, his father " Shaf" married "Feena". She wasn't as lovely as everyone thought she was, though she never abused him Physically, she did so verbally in the absence of his father. She was such a chameleon and would act nice to him everytime his father was around. He tried to tell his father multiple times but his father never believed him. He thought his son was just not ready to accept her as his step mother.
It went on Like that for years, when he turned 21 he had an argument with his step mother about the arrangements of his birthday party.
She got angry and as a punishment she said their won't be any celebration for his birthday.
As if bewitched, his father agreed to what she said. It was after that incident that he decided to move out of the house, his father tried to stop him from doing so but failed.
As such his father bought this apartment for him.

"Hey! Why are you talking like that? I thought we talked this out. Are you high or what? " His father said as he paused the radio playing.

"I am sorry dad, i am just not in the right mood"

"Let's go out for some fresh air Boy"

His father extended a hand to help him stand up, The duo went out for fresh air.

"Son, What's happening to you?"

"Dad, i found this girl that really loves me and i messed everything up. I didn't know i loved her this much until she left, And now i don't even know where to find
Her" he answered.

"You mean to say, you don't even have her phone number?"

"I did, Until this crazy girl smashed my phone on the ground. I have never been to her house because we normally meet at school. Now, i don't even know where to look for her"

"Well, that's no reason for you to isolate yourself, taking yourself high. You know too well how drugs ruin life" His dad said in a loving manner

"I wasn't taking drugs dad, i just smoked some weed to distract me from thinking of her, but apparently even that failed. I am so stressed over it and i feel like my head will burst"

" That normally happens when you lose a good woman, besides you are feeling guilty because you hurt her feelings so badly. If you can't get her off your head that just tells you how much you love her. I hope you find her son, but for now all you need is a therapist"

"What? No! Dad definitely not a therapist" Sameer objected

"Boy, i will fix an appointment and you will have to go. I can't risk you loosing yourself because of stress and don't you ever think of getting high again because i will take you to jail myself" His father said in a commanding tone.

Not daring to object, he agreed to what his dad said.

"I promise i won't do it again dad"

The duo sat on a chair by the roadside and continued their conversation...

****At Aliyah's residence*****
Aliya was lying on her bed, with her diary open, she was set to start writing...

Dear Diary

"You are not sick, you are just stressed over something that you don't want to talk about, it's okay. You don't need drugs, All you need is a therapist" so Dr. Hannah said to me two days ago.

No! I don't need to visit someone whose work is to listen to people's secret. I often wonder, Where does the therapist go when the tribulations of their emotions get a hold of em.

I ain't going nowhere diary, you are the only therapist i need.

Good news: Today i feel much better,
i am still sad but at least i have learned to control my pain a little bit. I know he doesn't even know where i live, but i still hope he knocks on my door and tell me all i saw was a lie and that it was just another nightmare i need to wake up from. Not that it was the first time he did what he did, but this time around he has gone too far. What he did to me i will surely tell you, afterall you are my therapist but before then i need to tell you how we got caught up in this.

It was only a month to our graduation when i befriended that very man I disliked so much "Sameer". The more i knew about him the more he proved to me that i was wrong to dislike him. Pinky has been pushing me to have a relationship with him, But i chose to be just friends with him. For i was reserving my heart for the man of my dreams, i wasn't sure if he was one.
He was very good as a friend, he was always there to put a smile on our faces and our relationship has attracted envy from many girls that admired him, i never cared about them anyway.

3 weeks into our friendship, he began to give me gifts, at times chocolates and at times yellow roses among many other things.
I well understood that he had feelings for me, but i played a fool. The fun we had, the happy times are memories I can't forever forget.
He made me ao happy that i never expected for once that he will break my heart into pieces.

She dropped her pen, took a deep breath and exhaled it out.
"I am Fine" she said to herself and continued writing.

One-day he asked me out for a coffee after our lectures and i agreed. We sat at the cafeteria, i could see him stare at me and everytime i looked his side he will quickly look away.

So why are we here today? I asked

His gaze came before his voice
" I want to tell you something, only if you could keep it a secret"

I told him that even if i die, his secret i won't tell.

"I Love you" what he said echoed through my mind, i didn't even know when I'd spit my coffee out. My heart began to beat faster as the world around me froze.

You are kidding me right? So i asked.

"No!" he said. "I mean to love you with all my heart,i wish to spend my whole life by your side. I always had a crush on you, you never noticed but i was always there noticing you. Now that i got closer to you i fell in love with you, you don't have to reply me now, you can take your time. All i am asking for is a chance to prove what is in my heart" he added

Diary i wish you saw how i sat there motionless like a statue, conflicting feelings running in my head. I never told anyone but i was already screaming with joy in my mind i felt like saying yes right off the bat but we ladies got our pride.

I decided to play hard to get, so i composed myself and gave him a befitting reply
"Thank you, i will think about it"

Today as i tell you this, i have made up my mind that no matter what I won't go after him. Till he comes to me i won't go to him, wether we get back together again it's all up to our fate...
Goodbye for now, much love Aliyah💖

She pressed play on her radio and her favorite song continued to play...

...🎶you are my end and beginning even when i lose i am winning...🎶 John legend all of me

____________________________________

Note that "All of me" was not recorded at the timeframe of the story. I just loved to use it.

Does therapy works for you???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

883 210 41
In Moiral, fate and destiny are very serious business. Once a year, all 16-year-olds are taken to the Fatereaders, who place a special ink on the ar...
85.1K 2.3K 45
Alena is a different girl. She has never experienced true love. She was always taught that love was a lie and that it wasn't true. But then she meets...
1.8K 390 29
First love mostly ends up unrequited. Love slowly perishes in silence with words left unspoken forever. Along with that life lesson, Yurika left her...
891K 20.4K 19
Her mother died when she was eight her father couldn't Handle it. He started drinking. You can guess the rest. He's been searching for his mate what...