Holy Angel

By LaylaGawdyss

All it took was one night for their souls to intertwine with one another. The thing is, did that night change... More

1. Drunken Nights.
2. Out and about
3. And it continues
4. Slayin'
5. Voices
6. On to the next
7. Family fun Time (prt.1)
8. Family fun time (prt 2)
9. Thats not gonna work
10: In the Salon
11. Not Ready.
12. Opening
13. Revenge
14. Loud Cries
15. Testing waters
16. The devils wife (prt.1)
17. Confused Actions
18. High on Anger
19. The Memory
20. Frustration Leads to not so Good Scenarios
21. It Was in The Past
22. Part 1 of a Crazy Day
23. Accumulation of Anger
24. Business Like?
25. Stirred Emotions
26. In The Hood
27. Depressed
28. Containing
29.
30. On My Mind
31. See you Laters & Therapy
32. Doing the job
33. Back at the shop
34. Therapy session #2
35. Fight Night
36. Deep discussion
37. Im Glad That You're Here
38. Till Death do us Apart
39. Nothing they can do
40. Hurt
41. Raw Emotion
42. Unleashed
43. From His Eyes He Saw Her Unleashed
44. A Day With Him (pt.1)
45. A Night With Her (pt.2)
46. Treating the Birthday Boy
47. Party Boy
48. Here We Go Again
49. A Quick F***
50. Together Again
51. Episode
52. For the Last Time
53. Marie
54. She
55. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring
56. Daddy Duties
57. Just a Quick Ass Whooping
58. Wasn't the Right Time
59. The Aftermath
60. Punishment
61. Karma Pt. 1
62. Karma Pt. 2
63. Woohoo
64: Bad B*tch from da South
65. 'Nothing Like a Southern Cookout
66. Family seceret
68. Family Drama
69. Checking on You
70. His Voices
71. One Situation to a Better Situation
72. Last Goodbyes
73. This is the Last Time
74. Studio buddy
75. Bye Bye Mr. White
76. Late Notice
77. Welcome
78: Pt. 1
79. Rest
80.
81. Dinner with the Family
82. Match my Bling
83. Slight Trouble in Paradise prt. 1
84. Slight Trouble in Paradise prt. 2
85. Violation
86. Pursuit
87. War
88. War prt 2.
89. War prt 3.
90. Answers
91. Darkness Comes to Light
92. Insecure
93. Family Therapy
94. Triple Threat
95. Apple Tree
96. Late Night Laughter
97. Small World
98. Slight Trouble in Paradise prt. 3
99. Maybe a Break?
100. Small Talk prt. 1
101. Small Talk prt 2
102. Need More Peace
103. They're Back
104. Heal
105. Lets Talk
106. Truth
107. Granpapa
108. A little gathering
109. Casual Talk
110. A Little Advice
111. Deeper Into the Rabbit Hole
112. Freaky Shït
113. Fight Fire with Fire Pt. 1
114: Fight Fire with Fire Pt. 2
115. Just Don't Get It
116. Make it Right

67.

1.1K 70 37
By LaylaGawdyss

Marcus/Mason

His eyes popped open when he felt the bed dip beside him. He looked at Mela to see her laying on her back looking up at the ceiling.

"What you doing up?" Marcus sat up to see her completely zoned out. He leaned to his left to turn on the lamp light and looked at her again.

He mugged when he seen a small gash on her cheek. He quickly looked over her body to see blood in her hands.

"Mela, baby, what did you do?" He got on top of her to get a better look at her, since she has yet to look at him.

"When you went to sleep I went back to the hospital, watched them leave the hospital, follow them back to their house and slashed their tires. I held the knife too tight and it cut my hand. The reason why I have this gash because I brought the knife too close to my face." Her voice was monotoned. It was as if she was looking through him and that alerted him.

"Mela, why would you follow your mother and sister? If they press charges on you there's no telling what can happen." Marcus grabbed her hand and opened it to see the gash on her hand. It wasn't deep enough that she need stitches or go to the hospital so he was relieved.

"They deserve everything that I'm going to give them. She should have stayed dead Marcus. I'm not letting Miya go through this, she needs me." He could see the tears forming in her eyes and he sighed. He sat her up and brought her into a hug.

She was hurting and all Marcus wanted to do was be here for her. She needed to know that he was never going to leave her side and he was going to do just that.

"Baby, you can't leave like that. You should have woke me up and told me." If anything were to happen to her Marcus wouldn't have had a clue and he wouldn't have known what to do.

"I'm sorry." He heard her sniff causing him to jerk his head back to look at her. She had tears pouring down her face as she cried quietly. "I'm sorry that I disappointed you."

Marcus twisted his face in confusion. "No, no, no. Why would you disappoint me? You can never disappoint me Mela." He kissed her forehead and hugged her again.

"But I feel like I did." She whined as tears continued to fall.

"Stop feeling like that because you didn't do anything wrong." He used his thumbs to wipe her tears away, making sure that he didn't rub her cut. He pecked her lips two times and slid off her. "Come on so I can clean your cuts."

"It's going to hurt." He watched her slide off the bed and walked out of the room to the bathroom.

"It may or may not." He shrugged as he followed behind her after he turned off the lamp. "Depending on your pain tolerance." He didn't want to say what he really wanted to say because now was not the time for his smart remarks. Mela was really hurting and needed someone in her corner, and that someone was definitely him.

They walked inside of the bathroom and he switched on the lights. He grabbed onto her waist and lifted her up on the sink counter.

"Where would the first aid be?" He looked at her.

"Under the right sink." Mela pointed.

Marcus followed her finger and went under the sink to grab the kit. He placed it under beside her and opened it up. Marcus looked for peroxide and quickly took it out. He grabbed the cotton balls and douse it with peroxide to clean her cuts.

He could feel her eyes on him as he cleaned her cheek and then her hand.

"You about to look like a Nelly jr when I put this big ass bandaid on your face." Marcus chuckled as he put cream on her cheek and placed a clean bandaid onto her cut. She laughed lightly and sighed.

"I'll look better."

Since the cut on her hand was a little deeper, he wrapped her hand in wrapping gauze instead. Once he made sure she was all set and done. He cleaned up his mess and placed the kit back under the sink.

"Thank you. You're so sweet."

Marcus looked up at her and placed both his hands on each side of the sink, trapping her in. She wrapped her arms around his neck and tilted her head to the side lightly.

"Only for my angel." He pecked her lips. He smirked at her and licked his lips. "Now tell me, why would you go back out there?" Marcus arched his brow at her. He needed to know why.

"To be honest. I went back to get my phone." She chuckled. "I saw they were still in there and stayed around for a while."

"So you were stalking them?"

"Ew no." Her face twisted in disgust. "When I saw that they were still in there, I left."

"Where did you go?"

He watched as Mela twisted her lip to the side and sighed. "I went to her grave." Mela chuckled a little and shook her head.

Marcus was speechless. He didn't understand why she would go back to a grave that her mother didn't lay in.

"I went back because I wanted to still believe that she was still dead. I sat there, and I cried and cried until I got pissed. I got so mad that I went back to the hospital because by then, I wanted to fight. I wanted to unleash everything that I've been through on her, but when I got there they were leaving and I couldn't bring myself to do it right then and there." She paused and chuckled.

His baby was truly hurt, and it pained him that he couldn't do anything about it. All he could really do is sit and listen to her, spoil her to make her feel better, and maybe give her the best dick of her life to make her temporarily forget what's going on.

"So when they got on the elevator I went back into my Nanna's room. Of course her and my grandpa were sleep, so I quickly grabbed my phone and I bolted down the emergency stairs to beat them and to my surprise I parked next to them and waited until they got in the car and drive off, so I got in my car and followed behind them." Mela nodded her head slowly.

"So where did you get the knife?" He arched his brow. Confused as to how she got the knife.

"From here. I took it before I left and placed it in the glove compartment."

"Where you thinking about stabbing your mother?"

"I told you she should have stayed dead."

Marcus stared at her, still speechless. She reminded him so much of himself that it almost scared him, but that's when it connected.

"Is that why you apologize for disappointing me?" Marcus arched his brow as he took a step back from her, causing her to drop her hands by her side. When she didn't say anything, he took that as her answer.

"Baby no. Yeah you're just like me but I don't want you to be like me. No, I'm not the person you want to be like." Marcus shook his head.

"That's not what I meant Marcus." She paused.

"Mela, no!" He snapped on her. "I have to live with the people I killed every fucking day of my life. That shit fucks with you mentally, and for you to try to kill you're mother that shit will come back and bite you in your ass and you're going to wish that you never would have done that. Don't try to be like me. Try to be better than me because if I get caught, I'm going to jail for life and will be put to death. Be better Mela."

He stared at Mela to see that she was staring at him blankly. He didn't know what was going on in her mind, but he knew that she wasn't happy with what he told her, but it was true. Marcus wants Mela to be better than him.

Without a word Mela hopped off the counter and walked out of the bathroom. Leaving him all alone. Marcus cut off the light and followed closely behind her.

"Mela." He called out to her, but nothing.

"Mela, I know you hear me calling you." They both walked into the room, but she continued to ignore him as she took off her shirt, bra and sweats then got in the bed.

"Mela!" Marcus snapped at her again. She was pissing him.

"I hear you." She mumbled with attitude.

"Don't catch a damn attitude because I'm telling you what's up. Don't do that shit. I'm only telling you this because I love you. If I didn't love you then I would have encouraged you to do that dumb shit." He closed the bedroom door and got in the bed with her.

"Alright Marcus, damn." She smacked her lips, causing him to snap his head in her direction.

"I'm not saying no more." Marcus chuckled. He wasn't going to say anything because he didn't feel like arguing with her. 

"Shut up then."

"Stop being childish." He smacked his lips as he laid on his back, looking up into the darkness.

"I'm not being childish. Just shut up because I hear you. I don't want to talk about it no more. Just fuck it."

"You're mad because I'm right." Marcus looked over to wear she laid, even in the dark he could see her beautiful eyes. He couldn't stay mad at her for long, not even if he tried, but what he was going to do was fuck around with her because he didn't know who she was playing with.

"Nobody mad and don't nobody want to be like you. Just because we're almost alike don't mean I'm trying to be like you."

"Yeah you trying to be like daddy." Marcus smirked.

"Fuck you Marcus. You taking shit out of proportion. I want the bitch back dead and you making it seem like I'm trying to be like you, when that's not the case. So fuck you. Ain't shit funny about this situation."

He heard Mela get back off the bed and shuffle around in the dark.

"Need to take your dumb ass back to Chicago and let me handle my shit by myself." She mumbled angrily. "I don't need your opinion on how to handle anything that I fucking do when I'm here."

"Mela, where are you going?" Marcus sat up.

"Kiss my ass Marcus."

He tried to find her in the dark so he turned on the lamp, but by then she already walked out of the room.

Marcus quickly threw the covers off him and bolted down the steps. By the time he got to the last step he heard the car engine roaring. He went outside to see her backing out of the driveway and speeding down the street.

"Fuck." Marcus mumbled to himself. He went back inside of the house and quickly went upstairs to find his phone. He grabbed his phone off the nightstand and dialed her number, but as soon as he pressed his ear to the phone his call went straight to voicemail.

Marcus closed his eyes and tried his hardest to not blow up. He took the phone from his ear and ended the call. Maybe he did take it a little too far, but he was being completely honest with her.

He called her back, but she sent him to voicemail again. He repeated this process a total of twelve times before he slammed his phone down on the nightstand in annoyance. He wasn't about to go all night calling her phone if she was just going to keep sending him to voicemail. There was no point. Marcus sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed his temples to soothe his oncoming headache.

Marcus quickly jumped to his feet, grab the end of the covers, wrapped it around his body and walked out of the room and down to the living-room. He wrapped the covers around him and sat down in the recliner.

Marcus leaned over and grabbed the remote to turn the tv on. He was going to sit there and wait for her to come back, even if it took her the rest of the night to calm down.

_______

He jumped up when he heard the front door slam closed. Marcus looked around in confusion when he saw how bright it was outside. He looked at the clock above the fireplace and squinted his eyes when he saw that the time read twelve-fifteen in the afternoon. He cursed himself. He didn't expect him to fall asleep. The only reason why he stayed in the living-room was to stay awake until Mela came back.

Marcus looked towards the front door to see it opening and closing. He scoffed at who stood at the door and stood to his feet.

"I am not here to argue with you. I don't have the time nor the efforts when I'm here to handle one thing and one thing only. However, I do want to say that I found Miya sleeping on top of her supposedly dead mother's grave with a bottle of half drunken Jack Daniels laying next to her. I don't know how she got there and I don't know what she could have possibly done with the rental, but y'all need to talk to the car rental place to track it down. I'm not blaming you for anything, but please when your here get another rental car so you can track her down if she runs off into the night again. I'll give you two a ride to look for the car when she finishes doing what she's doing up there."

Marcus watched as David fixed his suit jacket and walked past him. Marcus looked towards the stairs and in an instant ran up them. He ran into the room to see a half dirt covered Mela laying on the bed. She was curled into a ball as she soundlessly slept.

Marcus sighed heavily and plumped down on the edge of the mattress. He instantly felt bad about last night. He was supposed to be the one she could run to, but instead he made her run from him. If anything was to happen to her, he wouldn't know how to live with himself. All in all he was glad that nothing bad happened to her.

"Marcus?" He heard her whine causing him to look over at her.

"Yeah?" He stood to his feet, ready for anything.

"I don't feel so good." She mumbled as she placed her head at the edge of the bed.

"What do you need me to do?"

"I n-need you to-." She cut herself off as she threw up on the hardwood floor.

"Did she throw up!?" Marcus could hear David run up the stairs and into the room.

Marcus looked over his shoulder and nodded.

"Marcus fix me some breakfast food. Father, clean up my throw up." She mumbled, but threw up again.

They both sighed heavily as Marcus turned on his heels and walked out of the room.

"Why can't he clean up your throw up?" David grumbled.

"You're my father, you clean it up."

Marcus tried not to chuckle as he went down to the kitchen to prepare something for Mela to eat.

"Miya, you just threw up on my suit!" He could hear David yell from upstairs and right then and there Marcus was glad that he was on food duty.

🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 10.3K 35
Chris and Brielle are at a crossroads in their marriage. Stuck dealing with an old past and trying to begin something new. These two have their wires...
71 4 11
One bad choice can change an outcome and set off a chain of events that can destroy worlds. One coin has two sides... Light and Dark, Good and Bad...
132 1 19
Life had always been much the same for Korin. Seasons came and went, the forest bloomed and died, the sun rose and fell, the moon, oh the beloved moo...
Mutual Aid By ✨

General Fiction

3.7K 251 17
She begged him more than once with every waking breath to let her go and be free. He refused seeing that he could fix and possibly mend her; not rea...