Love, Hate, and Discoveries

By whiteruby13

Katelyn or Katie as she goes by has her first boyfriend and break up, but what happens when other guys start... More

Love, Hate, and Discoveries
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 30

123 3 1
By whiteruby13

The walk was quiet and awkward. He kept throwing me glances and I kept looking away ashamed he saw me cry. We were almost to my room when I felt a hand touch my shoulder and shocked me. "Ow!"

"Sorry I'm nervous and new." He mumbled.

"It's ok." I went to keep walking but he grabbed my shoulder again.

"Katie stop."

"Why?"

"You cried so what? Get over it your a girl and girls cry. You also are newer then me and most already see you as a mom or sister here. You can best any of us in a sword dual and your the strongest magically. You were under attack and watched people die and while everyone looked away you watched only you. You are the strongest person yet you went through the most we are all surprised you haven't cried yet and no one blames you for it." I was looking at the floor. "Katie you have more control then me and I'm almost a year older then you." I looked up at him then.

" I feel like I should be stronger then that."

" Any stronger and you would't be real." I laughed at that but embraced him.. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tight.

"I got a question." I said pulling away.

"Shoot."

" Why did Demetri tell you to watch the other guards around me?" He looked nervous and unsure of his self all of a sudden.

" After that night at the fire a lot of guards started to view you differently..... Some want to worship you as there goddess. Some think you as their protector. Then others want you as theirs. Dom't get me wrong there are a few that are fine with you as family or as a friend but we are worried what the ones who don't feel this way will do." I nodded 

"And you?"

" I decided your interesting and I want to get to know you and before you ask I don't mean romantically." I smiled cause I was going to ask that.

" That night there was something about you that made me trust you right away Anthony. I think I was right to." I said looking ahead of us but I heard the chuckle. " Hey lets not go to me room." 

" Then where to my lady?" I said mockingly causing me to slap his chest. 

" I bet I'm better at hand to hand combat."

" I don't know if you could handle me little girl."

" Me either but that's would be cause Jake never taught me."

" Then why suggest it?"

" I got give you a fair chance to win at something." I laughed at his shocked open mouth face. 

" You better run." And I did.

.....

" Ugh Katie! I thought you never learned how to fight." I said holding his stomach.

"I haven't." I said defensively.

" Seemed like you've been training for years if you ask me."

" Which is why I never trained her." I turned to Jake's voice.

" I didn't know that was the reason." I commented he nodded before continuing.

" See Katie here is a natural born fighter you can see it in the way she moves if you look closely enough and when she lets her self go she is deadly. Now only if we can teach her not to shoot herself."

" Hey I've been working on that!" He laughed.

" I know Katie."

" Well then Jake what would be fair for us to compete in." Anthony said stepping in our conversation. Jake pondered this then his face lit up and he pulled a book out of his pocket.

" How about we see how fast Katie can pick up you gift and see who can make the best art with it from different images in here person who gets the closest wins but Anthony goes first so she has a shot." We looked at each other then shrugged. Couldn't hurt right? Anthony made sure he was apart from us.

" Ready." He whispered just loud enough for us to hear and I focused on him. I felt the surge of power rush through him from his chest to his finger tips. When the power reached the tips of his fingers he pointed them towards the ground and the atarted to spark.

When he weaved his hands to make the picture that Jake was discribing it reminded me of how we make fire dance but where it should be quick but smooth movements his were fast and shaky even though his lines weren't.

" I looked up at the full moon glowing when a hand touched mine. Looking at the woman next to me I saw the flames dance across her face on her dark red hair. She smiled at me and I looked over the calm lake in front of us. Next thing I knew she was pinning me down hovering inches away from me as if waiting for permission. Taking advantage of the moment I kissed her softly of her delicate lips." I watched the picture slowly fade away back to his finger tips.

" Your turn Katie." I nodded nervous about what if I failed and I could see my skin softly glowing. Taking a deep breathe I put one foot slightly in front of the other and searched for the same feeling in me that I felt on Anthony while he called his gift. When I found it it felt welcoming and alive. I smiled and pointed my fingers to the ground and watched them spark like sparklers on fourth of July. I heard a gasp and looked up.

"What?" I tilted my head to the side looking at the boys it was Jake who answered.

" You look surreal Katie." He shook his head focusing. " You ready." I nodded. " The sun beating on my skin I looked up at the oak tree above me. It seemed to go forever up to met the sky. in the tree was a nest of blue jays. I slowly climbed up to then and counted four baby birds. I heard my name and looked up standing in the forest was a woman I've never seen but I jumped down and folllowed her with nothing but a last glance to the little birds." When I was done I called the power back and then I realized my picture had color and Anthony's didn't. I gave wide eyes to the boys.

" Why did mine have color and not yours?"

" I don't know but it was amazing and maybe they are right and you are a goddess." He said the last jokingly but I shivered at the thought.

....

I walked back down to Demetri to see what was going to happen with Damon. " Katie? You should be resting." I shook my head at him.

"Anything new?"

"No." He sounded frustrated but then again so would I. I looked at him and saw hopelessness.

"What is it?"

" We have to let him go." I went to protest but he waved me silent. " That's not all we found Cam dead in the kitchen he slit his wrists leaving a note saying he needed his brother."

" Well then he will be in a happier place then us." He looked at me shocked.

" That is true I didn't even think of that."

" But still devastating." He nodded I turned around to leave but before I stepped through the door he called to me.

" Marcus said if I saw you to dress nice and to go find Ashley as soon as your dressed."

" Why?" He shrugged and went into the surveillance room leaving me completely lost.

...

In my room I was going back and forth in between two outfits. Sexy dress or sexy but casual? Hm.... In the end I chose the sexy dress. It went mid calf and was dark blue with a silk band around the waist. It was also spaghetti strapped. I put on some dark gray strappy stilettos and left my hair down wavy.

The good thing about this dress is I could move in it if need be the problem is I had no where for weapons. I put on what I could hide which ended up a knife on each thigh and a blade in my hair. Better then none I guess.

I walked down and opened the door to see Ashley with hand raised to knock. She was dressed as a waitress and her hair pulled back. " You ready?"

"What's going on Ashley?"

" Can't tell you it's secret." 

" I hate surprises."

" Well I hope you don't hate this one." 

"Not making me feel better." I moaned.

"Sorry." We reached the back porch and a blind fold went on me again. " Here you go Katie. John iis carrying you there." Before I could say anything two strong arms picked me up bridal style.

"Great."

" What's with her?" He asked. I heard laughter and retreating foot steps. After a minute I felt John shrug and off we went.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279 192 24
Katelyn is in an inner turmoil between her love for Damien and his lack of devotion to their relationship. She finds herself trying to move on, but h...
86 0 29
Luna and Leona Dark have found themselves tangled in a hidden world filled with supernatural beings. This world causes them to uncover a dangerous be...
2K 112 26
When Freya moves from Bradford to London she meets the one, that nobody compares to, Josh. She falls for him and just when she thought life was hard...
1.4K 93 28
She was a beauty by far the most attractive girl he had ever laid eyes on. He was drawn to her from the moment he met her. Despite her being a human...