Medley

By RainyDayMonday

BEST RANKINGS: #1 - onedirection #1 - harrystyles 2x #1 - harryfanfic #1 - harrystylesashimself 2x #1 - onedi... More

Prologue
1: NOT IN THAT WAY.
2: GREEN EYES.
3: PERFECT.
4: PARALYZER.
5: FIX YOU.
6: WE'VE GOT TONIGHT.
7: CALL ME MAYBE.
8: SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO.
9: A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON.
10: IT'S NOW OR NEVER.
11: DONE.
12: SECOND CHANCE.
13: LITTLE WHITE LIES.
14: WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE.
15: TALKING BODY.
16: TIME.
17: AGAIN.
18: CRAVING.
19: THE MORNING AFTER.
20: TEMPORARY INSANITY.
21: JUST ANOTHER DAY.
22: TAKE MY BREATH AWAY.
23: EUROPA (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile).
24: LOVE ME NOW.
25: DESTINY RULES.
26: LOSE IT.
27: HAPPY.
28: GOODBYE STRANGER.
29: STARVING.
30: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
31: NEW YORK.
32: WHEN WE WERE YOUNG.
33: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
34: DORMIR CONTIGO (SLEEPING WITH YOU).
35: MY FATHER'S DAUGHTER.
36: DANCE THE PAIN AWAY.
37: AWAKE MY SOUL.
38: CHANGE YOUR TICKET.
39: ALL THROUGH THE DAY.
40: FORGIVE ME.
41: EVEN THE NIGHTS ARE BETTER.
42: I TURN TO YOU.
44: FOOL'S GOLD.
45: SAY YOU LOVE ME.
46: TEMPORARY LOVE.
47: IF YOU DON'T KNOW.
48: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
49: HEAVEN.
50: UN-THINKABLE (I'm Ready).
51: ME, MYSELF & I.
52: WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW.
53: VISIONS OF PARADISE.
54: IF YOU ASKED ME TO.
55: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
56: YOURS.
57: LET'S MAKE LOVE NOT WAR.
58: HYPNOTIZED.
59: TIP OF MY TONGUE.
60: IF WALLS COULD TALK.
61: GLITTER IN THE AIR.
62: GOODNIGHT MOON.
63: YOUR HOPE.
64: HE LOVES TO MAKE ME CRY.
65: YOUR MOTHER AND MINE.
66: BROKEN THINGS.
67: DEMONS.
68: HUNGER.
69: ORDINARY DAY.
70: WHO NEEDS THE WORLD.
71: WHEN YOU SLEEP.
72: COFFEE.
73: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
74: HEAVEN (Little By Little)
75: HURT ME.
76: MURDER SONG (5,4,3,2,1).
77: RED FLAGS.
78: MY HAPPY ENDING.
79: JUST A FOOL.
80: LOVE CAN GO TO HELL.
81: LONG WAY DOWN.
82: ALL GOOD THINGS (Come To An End).
83: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
84: BITTER PILL.
85: WICKED GAME.
86: NOT STRONG ENOUGH.
87: UGLY HEART.
88: FALL FOR YOU.
89: LOVE EXISTS.
90: LOVER, PLEASE STAY.
91: WOKE THE FUCK UP.
92: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
93: BONFIRE HEART.
94: LAMBADA (2.0)
95: POISON.
96: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
97: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
98: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
99: YOU'VE GOT A WAY.
100: RIGHT NOW.
101: SIDEWAYS.
102: DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME.
103: THE PRICE.
104: COME AWAY WITH ME.
105: HARD LOVE.
106: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
107: THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME.
108: HOWL.
109: ANTICIPATION.
110: YOU'RE MY HOME.
111: HARRY'S JOURNAL.
112: HEAL.
113: WILDFIRE.
EPILOGUE.
Update

43: ARMS.

8.4K 258 30
By RainyDayMonday

"Since we're in a confessing mood, can I ask you a question?" Jasmine sits up looking puzzled, as if she can't think of anything she'd need to confess. "Are you in love with Kai?"

Her face turns pale and her lips tremble before she speaks, that's a sign she's considering denying it and in that, she's actually confirming it.

"Oh, my God! Is it that obvious?"

She's mortified and I don't understand why.

"No, it's not. But you can fool anyone except me, I noticed."

"Of course you did! I was going to tell you but..."

"...But you were too busy trying to shove him down my throat." I finish the sentence to save her from having to make something up to explain herself.

"He's crazy about you and you are my sister, if you had any chance at being happy with him I was not going to get in the middle of that."

It's not necessary for her to say it, I know this already, I'd do the same for her.

"Jazz, you've always known how I feel about him, why would you try to encourage me to date Kai if you were interested in him? That would've killed you!"

"Maybe. But his love for you brought him closer to me, you're the one thing we have in common. He'd come and talk to me about you and ask for my help, we're friends because of that. I wish someone loved me as much as he loves you, that's why I wanted that for you, Emi."

"Well, after our talk yesterday I think he has finally realized I will never feel the same way about him and I'm sure eventually he'll get over it."

"'Talk?' What did I miss? Did he finally say something to you, did he ask you out?"

"He knew it was already too late to ask me out, so he opted to skip the part where he confessed his feelings to me and went straight to demand answers about me and Harry. We both ended up saying things we didn't mean and later apologized. But I don't know, maybe now he'll give up the idea of me and that's when you should be around him the most, supporting him and showing him what an amazing woman you are. Be there for him, and when it's time, you can tell him how you feel."

"You say that as if I can make him love me. It doesn't work like that."

That is exactly what I said to him.

"You're entirely correct. But, right now he's blinded by something impossible. If you're there for him, it wouldn't hurt that when he finally opens his eyes you're the first one he sees. Love doesn't always just happen, Jazz. It can grow too."

"I have to go now or I'll be late, but you have no idea how relieved I am we had this conversation! I love you, Emi."

She gives me one of her trademark bear hugs.

"I love you so much Sissy, thank you for the pharmacy run. Have a safe trip."

I walk her to the door and plan to go to bed.

Talia checks on me after closing the store and offers to walk Seb before going home.

I've been drained of all my energy since Jasmine left and I had to vomit one more time despite not having anything in my stomach but water. The fever comes and goes, but when it comes I get sleepy and sweaty, and when it goes I feel tired and thirsty.

Once showered and in my purple and gray Baltimore Ravens pajama shorts and tank top, I get in bed with my cellphone close to my pillow in case Harry keeps his word and calls some time tonight.

I'm awakened by the sound of a machine gun going off on the TV. I open my eyes and try to adjust them to the light. Apparently, I fell asleep while I was texting back and forth with my brother.

The lamp light is still on and the phone is in my hand. I was probably running a high temperature and blacked out.

The clock on my night stand indicates that is 9:16 p.m. I haven't been sleeping for too long.

I make myself some of that herbal tea Jasmine brought me and drink it trying hard to ignore the disgusting taste so it won't give me more nausea... I don't get how she actually enjoys drinking this stuff!
I have to brush my teeth when I'm done to get rid of the taste lingering in my mouth. And while I'm still in the bathroom the doorbell rings.

There's nothing I can do to fix my appearance at this point, so I just put my hair up into a messy bun, wash my face and cross my fingers it's just Stefan at the door.

My jaw hits the ground when I look through the peephole.

"Surprise!"

I let the man in and hurry to close the door behind us. It's the middle of the city, he shouldn't risk being seen out on the streets like this!

Yet here he is.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" I stare at him in disbelief but launch myself into his arms as soon as I snap out of the initial shock.

"I heard a beautiful woman at this address was ill and required personalized care."

I don't want to let go, so I press my chin against his chest and look up at him to speak without breaking my hold on him.

"I don't think I fit the description, but maybe she's upstairs. Want to come check?"

"I think the description falls short, actually. But let's go check in case there's someone dying up there. I don't want to waste this soup I brought on you if you're not the patient I'm looking for."

I can't begin to express what his presence here means to me.

He flew all the way from Detroit only to spend a few hours with me and make sure I wasn't alone tonight.
I was already content with talking to him on the phone, so this really warms my heart.

If he doesn't stop looking at me with those adoring eyes and doesn't let go of me, I am willing to spend the rest of the night standing here in this foyer inside his arms, the safest place I've ever been in.

"I never thought that you
Would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around and you knocked me
Off the ground from the start

You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
You put your arms around me and I'm home

(...)

And I've never opened up
I've never truly loved
Till you put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

(...)

You put your arms around me and I'm home"

Harry grabs the bag he hung on the coat hanger when he came in and I take his hand to lead him up the stairs.

"What are you doing barefoot and so... uncovered, woman? I shouldn't complain, but you have a fever!"

He scans me from head to toe and I want to disappear, I look terrible!

"I get too warm, then cold, then warm again, so I just throw on a blanket whenever I need to."

I open the door at the top of the stairs and as soon as we step into the living room Sebastian comes wagging his tail and demanding Harry's undivided attention. Seb might intimidate non-dog-lovers because of his size, but he is absolutely harmless and full of love.

The sight of the two of them getting acquainted makes me want to get my phone out and record them. Harry is adorable with him. And my baby seems to really like him, too.

"Quite the nice place you have here, Brant. I really like your style."

Harry's eyes inspect the open space consisting of a living room, a small dining area and the kitchen. The walls are all white but the furniture adds pops of color all around with different floral or abstract designs painted on cabinet doors and drawers, making the furniture pieces of art in themselves and decreasing the need to clutter the walls with excessive decorations.

"Did you paint them?" He adds.

"No! I'd need actual artistic talent for that!" I wink at him. "I found Yana, this lovely Russian lady at a street market when I was moving here. She restores old furniture and gives them a fresh new look that kind of goes with my unconventional style. It started with me buying one dresser for my bedroom and it ended with her doing pieces for me for the entire apartment."

"It's very you, I love it."

Showing him around the place takes a mere minute. There's only my bedroom and a spare room I turned into a tv-room/office left to see.

While looking at my books on a shelf, Harry spots a picture frame that catches his attention.
It's a photo of my mom.

"Jesus Christ, Emi! She's..."

He's at a loss for words.

"Beautiful? She was, wasn't she?"

"Yes, stunning! But that's not what I was going to say. What shocked me is the resemblance. You look exactly like her! With the exception of your eyes, of course."

That part is true, I have my father's eyes. Hers were as dark as the night sky, but they shined with the light of a million constellations.

"I have a lot of her, yes. But she was something else! Her beauty was captivating. Looking at her was like looking at the sun."

"And how do you think it feels like to look at you?"

Harry stares deeply into my eyes and maintains a serious face, he really does mean what he just said and is trying to make me realize it.

"Your objectivity might be compromised."

"My objectivity is intact. You have her looks, and with those dazzling blue eyes you're even more beautiful than she was."

My God! Why do I have to be sick? I want to kiss him sooooo badly!!

"Are you trying to cure me with compliments? 'Cause it's working!"

"I'm only stating facts."

He takes a seat at the dining table and pulls out a chair next to him for me. I shake my head no and sit on his lap instead.

My health improves the closer I get to him.

---------------------------------------------

ARMS - Christina Perri.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 8.2K 40
Harry Styles is broken, but his strength never ceases. He's been through hell the past three months and everything is going to change once he sees hi...
3M 74.9K 97
"And your eyes... irresistible." Starting your life over is hard enough on your own. But what happens when the world is suddenly watching when you be...
12.5K 430 19
a companion book to Golden & Muse not a book 3! this book will be Golden in Harry's perspective, as well as extras from their lives together along w...