Lassitude •3rd Book

By Sammyiams

An 8 year time period has passed... Riley continues her life as a professional writer... Cameron continues h... More

Book 3 Information
Official Characters List
Dallas Twins
Home
Change
Wonderful News
Never Forget
Seeing Dad
For You
Goodmorning
Not My Morning
Hope
Before Noon
Thinking
Nervous
A Rough Day
My House
Niece and Goddaughter
Weakness
Feelings
Help
Little Reunions
Wasn't Expecting That
Questioning
Suddenly
Special Day
Interesting Morning
Pushing It
Meeting
Surprise (part 1)
Surprise (part 2)
New
Unexpected (part 1)
Unexpected (part 2)
Talking it Out
What to Expect
Pain & Confusion (part 1)
Pain & Confusion (part 2)
The Last Gift
Lost
Her Decision
Hurt
Husband and Father
Our Story
Fix the Problem
Time to Talk
Weakness
Emotions
Lets Talk
A Letter from Riley
The Day
Memory Lane
Logan
Final Goodbye
Authors and Characters Q&A!

Labor

862 37 30
By Sammyiams

Lassitude ~50

Cameron Dallas' pov

Matt pulled up to the hospital and I get out along with Grace. She is a little startled to when I interrupted her private lesson. I thank Matt and look towards the text Nash sent me. The fifth floor.

I look towards Grace and she looks at me. I take her hand and lead her into the hospital. I look around and following the signs for the c wing of the building. We walked to hall until we find the elevator of the c wing area.

"Are you excited to meet your baby brother?" I ask Grace to keep her from worrying.

"Yes! I can't wait to hold him."

"You'll be one of the first to really hold him after your mom, uncle Shawn and I."

"Promise?" The elevator door opens and we walk in. I press for the fifth floor.

"I promise you." She smiles and nod.

"Are you nervous to be in the room with mom?" I smile sadly remembering now that this might really be the last time I'll really with the family together.

"Yes." I wasn't there the first time and it makes me nervous that Ri is now going into labor. We reach the fifth floor and stepped out as I followed the signs to get to the back of the c wing.

"Good luck to you and mom!" Grace says happily as we approach where everyone else is in the waiting room startled and excited.

"Thank you princess," I gave her a kiss to the head and smile at Ryan before the nurse leads me to another set of halls.

"Mr.Dallas, I need to put this on before we go in." I nod at the nurse as I put the scrubs on and put the mask around my neck. It takes me a few minutes to have everything in place. We walk a few steps where I can hear Ri.

"I am not doing anything until Cam gets here!" I hear a frustrated Ri from the room and my eyes widens. I rush down the hall and rush into the room. I pull the curtains back and heads turn towards me.

"I'm here," I half smile and I already see Shawn on the left side. Ri breaks into a smile and I make my way to her side other side and take her hand as I kiss her head.

"Alright, Mrs.Dallas. You can start pushing," the doctor says and I look towards my wife as she nods. She looks towards me and I gave her a reassuring smile and squeeze her hand.

"I love you Ri," I smile. "You can do this." That is when the pushing, squeezing and screaming started.

~Five and a half hours later~

"I never want to have sex with you again," Riley grits through her teeth as she squeezes my hand really tight. "I hate you Cam."

My heart is escalating as I have learned to take this all in. Shawn looks towards me trying not to show how funny and amusing this is to him. Shawn has been through this for his wife. He's here for support for his sister.

"You're doing great, Ri. You can do this," I say softly and push her sweaty hair off her forehead. Her breathing is rigid and she's clearly in a lot of pain.

"We're not having another kid. I'm not doing this again!"

"Keep pushing Mrs.Dallas," the doctor says. "You're getting there."

"I want the pain to stop," Riley starts to cry in pain and my heart aches for her. She has gone through this without me once and it makes me feel terrible. I wonder what she had said when she gave birth then.

"Push really hard," I say gently and try to soothe her. I bring my free hand to the side her forehead and rub gently.

"If you can push really hard about ten more times, your baby will be out," the doctor says.

"I want to sleep!" Riley continues to cry and I look to Shawn for help.

"You can sleep as soon as you're finished Ri," Shawn says gently. "Ten more pushes and you can sleep for as long as you want." Riley nods and she continues to push.

"Nine," I say to her. She turns towards me with a glare.

"Don't remind me!" She says angrily. Shawns eyes widens and he covers his mouth as he smiles. "You did this to me Cameron Alexander Dallas!" She pushes again.

"I'm sorry?" I apologize. I'm not exactly sure how to ease her pain. Another push.

"I want this to be over," she grits again and makes another push.

"You can do this." She does another push and she closes her eyes with pain. And again she did it.

"Mrs.Dallas. You're really close. Almost there," the doctor says. One of the nurses reaches for a small blanket. Another push and she screams as she squeezes my hand. It feels like she is going to crush my bones. She pushes almost immediately right after.

"You've got this. One more Ri," I say to her. "I love you so much." She nods weakly as she does her final big push and we hear a high pitched cry.

Riley's shoulders begin to relax and Shawn stands walking over to the doctor.

Riley Dallas' pov

"Four thirty five in the morning of December twenty second your baby boy is born," Doctor Fitz smiles at me. "Congratulations." I smile sheepishly as Shawn takes a small figure into his arms. He smiles as he looks down and walks over to Cameron. I turn to Cameron to see him looking down at me with a proud smile.

"I love you Cameron," I say softly.

I felt weak and exhausted that it's hard to keep my eyes open. My brothers eyes were wide and happy to see the little figure in his arms. He stands beside Cameron and looks up at me.

"Cameron can hold him first." Shawn nods and carefully hands Logan over to Cameron. As he takes him in his arms, I see the tears welling up in his eyes and a big smile appears on his face.

"Ri..." Cameron starts with his voice cracking. My heart flutters at the sight of Cameron holding him. "He's so handsome and has your nose for sure." I smile sheepishly as I watch Cameron play with his little hands. "He's so cute."

My brother smiles looking down at him. Cameron looks so happy that it makes my heart warm and fuzzy. I've waited to share this moment for a very long time with him. He then looks up towards me as I saw the tears now falling.

"I want to hold him," I smile tiredly. Cameron nods and carefully stands to hand our baby boy over to me. He is gently placed into my arms and I swoon as he yawns and his eyes opens slightly before closing again.

"He's soo cute!" I smile and rock him slightly. He does has my nose as Cameron mentioned and he has Cameron's facial structure. I gently reach for his hand and couldn't help, but smile. "Mom and dad loves you very much."

"Very," Cameron adds in and I see one of the nurse walking over.

"What have you two decided to name him?" The nurse asks with a smile.

"Logan Alexander Dallas." The nurse nods as the other nurse brings over a clipboard with the birth certificate for Cameron and I to fill out.

"Beautiful name. I have to get him cleaned up." I pout slightly as I have to let go of Logan. "I promise he will be in your arms in about an hour after he's cleaned up and you can breastfeed him." I nod and kiss Logan's head before handing him over to the nurse.

I feel myself sadden as they take Logan out the room. I felt a hand to mine and I look over to Cameron and my brother.

"He'll be back soon," Cameron reassures me.

"Congratulations you two!" My brother smiles. "I'll get you guys something to eat."

"Thank you." He nods as he takes his scrubs off and walks out of the room. The doctor told me that Logan will be back in under an hour and to relax now as I will be checked on in a few hours. No one else can come in currently until nine to give me time to recover and to feed Logan.

Now it was just Cam and I in the room. I weakly squeeze his hand happy that he is his.

"We have another child," Cameron says happily.

"Yes we do Cam," I smile and yawn.

"You should get some rest before Logan gets back." I shake my head and he looks at me confused. I pull the now covers that was placed over me after giving birth back and Cam smiles sadly and nods. He takes off his scrubs and places them on the chair before taking his shoes off.

He gets in beside me and I snuggle up to him.

"I want to talk to you."

"What do you want to talk about?" He looks to me.

"Us."

~

3 updates left 😪

This will be one of the last updates I have for the summer as I will now be starting classes on Monday (': goodbye to my stress free mind.

There are only 4 Biochemistry majors, including me of the whole class... wish us the best of luck? 

Next update: Monday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 32.6K 200
@jackgilinsky liked your photo @jackgilinsky started following you + lowercase intended all my own work highest rank: 1 in fanfiction copyright ©...
102K 2.1K 31
This about a girl named, Gabby Dallas. She is Cameron Dallas little sister. So everyone knows her on Vine, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc. But they...
3.4M 71.8K 77
Book 1 of 2 ~ You have been added to a groupchat! ~•~ SEQUEL IS OUT NOW ; THE END RESULTS ~•~ Date published: September 20, 2016 Date completed: May...