Lassitude •3rd Book

By Sammyiams

An 8 year time period has passed... Riley continues her life as a professional writer... Cameron continues h... More

Book 3 Information
Official Characters List
Dallas Twins
Home
Change
Wonderful News
Never Forget
Seeing Dad
For You
Goodmorning
Not My Morning
Hope
Before Noon
Thinking
Nervous
A Rough Day
My House
Niece and Goddaughter
Weakness
Feelings
Help
Little Reunions
Wasn't Expecting That
Questioning
Suddenly
Special Day
Interesting Morning
Pushing It
Meeting
Surprise (part 1)
Surprise (part 2)
New
Unexpected (part 1)
Unexpected (part 2)
Talking it Out
What to Expect
Pain & Confusion (part 1)
Pain & Confusion (part 2)
The Last Gift
Lost
Her Decision
Hurt
Husband and Father
Our Story
Fix the Problem
Time to Talk
Weakness
Emotions
Lets Talk
A Letter from Riley
Labor
Memory Lane
Logan
Final Goodbye
Authors and Characters Q&A!

The Day

852 36 14
By Sammyiams

Lassitude ~49

Riley Dallas' pov

"The cookies were so good," I hum happily and smile. Shawn and I are in my office. I am re-arranging books on the shelves as my brother sat on the recliner.

"You and your cookies Ri," Shawn chuckles. "Shouldn't you be sitting or not doing too much?"

"I'm feeling okay." I shrug and continue to focus my attention on the books.

"You're nine months in. Are you sure you're alright to be up?" I turn to my brother to see he is looking at me unsure.

"I'm feeling fine though. This isn't hard work."

"Okay. Do you want me to get you more cookies and a cup of warm milk?"

"Yes please." I hear from behind, Shawn getting up. He comes over to me and kisses the side of my head before making his way out of the room. I continue to re-sort the books in the office wondering why I would do this now if I would be packing them soon.

I felt very unsure about the letter I gave to Cameron this morning. As much as I want to try and continue our marriage, I can't forget what happened and it still scares me that this could happen again. In a way, I'm not sure if I can ever be one hundred percent comfortable with him again.

I know I left it up to him to decide and I told him that I wanted us to give us another shot, but... will I be happy? I haven't been quite happy and comfortable ever since this has happened and I've been trying to push past all of this, trying to stay positive.

It's not working.

Cameron is the love of my life and he always will be. I just wish... he didn't do some of the things he has done, because now I'm questioning everything. It scares me even more that I have to face this and I can't undo any of this.

I hear my phone ringing from the desk and I turn around to slowly make my way over. I pick my phone up to see Cameron wanting to FaceTime. I answer and let the call connect. Cameron pops up on the phone moments later and I see his face flushed. He has tears.

"Hi Cam," I answer lightly. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm more than alright. I just read you letter. You decided to give us another chance?" I can see how happy this makes him and it upsets me if I told him that maybe I shouldn't have written the letter that way. But he's so happy and I don't want to crush his spirit right after he read the letter.

"I-I guess I do." I bite the side of my lip. I look away from the screen.

"Ri... is everything alright?" I can hear the worry in his tone.

"Of course," I half smile and look back to the screen. I see Cam with a concerned expression.

"Are you rethinking about what you said towards the end of your letter?" I look away from the screen and fold my arms.

"I'm sorry."

"Ri... I told you if you want to get a divorce... I'll sign the papers. You don't have to stay with me after everything that has happened."

"I feel so bad for getting your hopes up. I didn't mean to do that." My tone is sad and I feel terrible for changing my mind so many times before and during this letter.

"I want what makes you happy."

"But you were my happiness."

"Were. Past tense Ri. You have to find your new happiness."

"I don't know what I want," I sigh and close my eyes.

"We'll talk about it when I get home, alright?" I only nod because I don't know what else to say to him. "Is there anything you want me to get you while we're out?"

"Hurry home please," I say quietly.

"Alright, Ri. I'll talk to you soon."

"I love you."

"I love you more Ri." I open my eyes and look at the screen to see a disappointed Cam before we lose our connection. I put my phone onto the desk and bring my right hand to my belly.

I smile sadly at our soon to be son, who will be welcomed to the world very soon.

"Mommy and daddy loves you very much," I say to Logan and smile sadly. I begin to rub my tummy. Jack and G should be arriving in a few hours to make sure they are here to meet Logan.

Only Cameron and I know about his name as we have wanted to tell everyone when he is born. Cameron and I have gone clothes shopping for him, a few toys, diapers, pacifiers, bottles, milk formulas and a few others things to start off with.

I felt a small kick to my stomach and I look down again and notice Logan is probably awake at the moment. He's usually not kicking around this time of evening. That's when I felt a tug and cramping starting. I look down to the ground and my eyes widens.

"Sh-Shawn!" I start to yell at the top of my lungs.

Ryan Dallas' pov

"Sh-Shawn!" I heard my mother's voice yell from down the hall. I watch as my uncle Shawn's eyes widens as we realized it was a panic tone.

"Get your mom's bag and call your dad," my uncle Shawn says as he leaves the kitchen to get my mom.

"I'll get your mom's bag," Natalia says and I reach for my phone as Peter sits there unsure of what to do. I wait for my dad to answer the phone. Pick up dad.

"Hey Ry-"

"Mom is going into labor!" I interrupt him and I hear something being dropped and I flinch at the sound.

"Stop dropping your phone," I hear Matt in the background.

"Ri, is going into labor. We need to go," I hear my dad say. "Ryan, we'll be at the hospital as soon as we can, alright?" He says more clearly.

"Okay. I'll see you soon."

"Thank you for calling me. I'm going to get your sister now." The line goes dead as I hear commotion coming from the halls. Nash appears from the garage and looks confused to what's going on. Just then my uncle Shawn is helping mom walk and Nash makes an 'o' shape realizing that it's time.

"I'll meet you guys there with the kids," Nash says as he looks towards Peter and I. I notice my mom in a lot of pain as her eyes were closed shut.

"Mom?" I ask worriedly.

"She will see you at the hospital," Uncle Shawn says as calmly as possible. "I'll see you in a bit." The two make their way out as Natalia makes her way over to me with my mom's bag.

"Your brother is on his way," Nash smiles sheepishly and takes his keys out of his pocket. "You two ready to go?"

"What about Jack and G?" Peter asks. We would have been picking them up.

"They don't arrive for another three hours. We'll discuss that later. Come on you two. Everyone will be making their way there now." Both Peter and I nod as we make our way to the garage where Nash's vehicle is parked.

The two of us sat in the back seat as Nash sat in the driver's seat. He has a small remote to open the garage door. We put our seat belts on as Nash begins slowly driving out of the garage.

My mom and uncle Shawn are long gone. As we reached outside the garage door closes and we make our way out of the driveway and into the streets of the neighborhood.

"Is it normal for someone to be in a lot of pain when they go into labor?" Peter asks. Nash looks up towards the rear view mirror and I turned to him.

"Why do you ask, Peter?" Nash asks.

"I was just wondering."

"Well, yes there is a lot of pain involved. I'm not so sure why you're asking?"

"I was wondering if my mom would have another baby." I watch as Nash's eyes widens.

"I don't know Peter. Your mother and G have only been dating for about six months now. And well... G has been all over lately. I don't think your mother will have one soon."

"Do you think they will get married and G will be my stepdad?"

"Maybe. I'm not sure. What would you think if G became your step dad?"

"I'm not sure," Peter shrugs. "I'm really glad to get to know my dad these past several months. We have so much in common."

"Indeed you do little Mendes." Peter likes to ask a lot of questions I have noticed. He's very curious and adventurous. He is as brilliant as his mom and dad and it shows greatly.

Uncle Shawn and Claire together had shared Peter to the world and many of the fans that 'shipped' them back then are in shock. Everyone had wanted to know as to why Claire had just brought this out now and why my uncle Shawn didn't know all these years. They had to go through months together to figure everything out together.

Speaking of Peter, grandma Karen, grandpa Mannyand aunt Aaliyah are really excited to meet him in person. They will be arriving tomorrow morning.

~

I can't believe there's 4 chapters left 🙈

This day next week, it will be my first day at my university and I have so many emotions. The mixture of excitement, but anxious as I am starting fresh again Have you started school and what year are you entering for the 17-18 school year?

I may have put a sneak peak to a new story on my twitter... tell me how it is? 🙈

Next update: Thursday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 75 13
How can you fall in love with someone that you've just met? I didn't even know him. I didn't want to know him, I just wanted to help him. ______ {boo...
81.9K 454 83
texted by jack gilinsky , Part 2!
233K 1.5K 85
jackgilinsky commented on you photo; damnnnnn jackgilinsky followed you!