Lassitude •3rd Book

By Sammyiams

An 8 year time period has passed... Riley continues her life as a professional writer... Cameron continues h... More

Book 3 Information
Official Characters List
Dallas Twins
Home
Change
Wonderful News
Never Forget
Seeing Dad
For You
Goodmorning
Not My Morning
Hope
Before Noon
Thinking
Nervous
A Rough Day
My House
Niece and Goddaughter
Weakness
Feelings
Help
Little Reunions
Wasn't Expecting That
Questioning
Suddenly
Special Day
Interesting Morning
Pushing It
Meeting
Surprise (part 1)
Surprise (part 2)
New
Unexpected (part 1)
Unexpected (part 2)
Talking it Out
What to Expect
Pain & Confusion (part 1)
Pain & Confusion (part 2)
The Last Gift
Lost
Her Decision
Hurt
Our Story
Fix the Problem
Time to Talk
Weakness
Emotions
Lets Talk
A Letter from Riley
The Day
Labor
Memory Lane
Logan
Final Goodbye
Authors and Characters Q&A!

Husband and Father

932 39 25
By Sammyiams

Lassitude ~41

Peter Mendes' pov

I sat in the kitchen while my mom is making breakfast. She is making crepes and cutting up fresh fruits. She places the plates, silverware, and cups on the table. I get up and hop on my one foot to help place each of them on the table. I put each silverware on each plate and move the cups beside each plate.

My mom continues to get breakfast ready when her phone goes off. She turns around and reaches for her phone. Before turning back to the stove. She answers her phone and I take a seat where I usually like to sit.

"Cam... you can't just call me and tell me to wake your wife up. She has been up since three this morning. She doesn't need your negativity right now." There's silence as I look at my mom. I can't see her expression. "Cameron, I love you for backing me up yesterday, but you've hurt your wife. I don't understand why you can upset her the way you did."

There's more pausing as my mom walks over to me with the pan and places my crepe onto my plate before returning back to the stove.

"Cameron. Your wife needed you and you let her down. She doesn't even want to see you at the moment. Cameron.. right now you are done trying to fix things because of what you've done yesterday."

There's more of a pause this time. I wonder what Uncle Cam could be saying at the moment. Is he still mad at aunt Riley or even my mom? What exactly is he asking?

"You bruised Ri's Tailbone! You could have broken it!" My mom continues to put crepes on the other plates and turns off the oven before going over to the fridge to grab juices and chocolate milk. "You better have a really good way of her to forgive you, because at the moment she wants nothing to do with you... Bye."

She walks over with beverages and places them in the center of the table as I hear footsteps coming from the hall. I turn slightly to see Ryan and Grace, who I met for a brief time yesterday.

"Good morning Claire," Ryan smiles tiredly.

"Hi Peter," Grace waves to me. Both my mom and I both say good morning to them. It's like my mom never had that conversation a moment ago.

"I'm sitting next to Peter," Ryan calls out and takes the seat next to me.

"I call sitting on his other side," Grace beams and I begin to relax a little and forgetting at the moment of the problems. Grace walks to my other side and takes a seat on my right side.

"Breakfast is ready," my mom says and places the last of the crepes on an extra plate if we wanted more after. "I'm going to check up on your mom." My mom excuses herself and makes her way out of the kitchen.

"How did you guys sleep?" I ask curiously.

"Good," Grace smiles. "We're just... confused." She frowns slightly.

"I guess mom and dad are arguing or something," Ryan sighs. "It must be bad." I looked between the two to see them sad about it.

"I'm sure they will make up and be happy again," I try to cheer them up.

"I don't know Peter," Ryan says uneasily. "Whenever my parents argue, it's usually something is little or they make up before they go to bed. This is really different."

I think back to my dad yesterday. It was only yesterday he knew I existed. Then he left.

Riley Dallas' pov

"Ri?" There's a knock to the door and the door opens slightly. I see Claire poking her head before the door widens.

"Hey Claire," I say tiredly. I know I should have been resting. I feel awful to be honest. It was so nice for Claire to offer to let the kids and I to stay here for a little bit. I know she and my brother are in their own crisis right now, but Claire still wanted to help me.

"You didn't get any rest, did you?" She asks worriedly.

"I did with the medication. I've only been up the last few hours," I half smile and immediately it falters, because it hurts to smile. Claire makes her way over to the edge of the bed where I am and wraps her arms around me. I wrap my arms around her also. She loves hugging as much as I do.

"We'll get through this. Cameron loves you Riley."

"He doesn't show it anymore Claire," I say lightly. "I've been so unhappy."

"I didn't know... have you told him?" I shake my head thinking he'd only hurt me more. We pull away from our hug. "You have to tell him how you feel. You know how men can be and don't realize anything until something is said."

"I don't think I want to be with him anymore."

"Ri..."

"He doesn't understand Claire. He should know I'm so scared through the pregnancy. He knows what happened the first time and to know he isn't doing anything now to help me."

"Cameron is just as afraid as you Ri. I know it's not an excuse, but he's really trying."

"Trying as in breaking wedding vows?" I ask hurt. Claire's eyes widens.

"He wouldn't..."

"He did."

"I'm so sorry." I comb my hair with my fingers and sigh. "How about all of us go out for right now? Clear your mind and later we can figure this out later?"

"I'd really like that. I... don't think I should be moving though," I refer to my bruised tailbone. The doctor told me to rest and to not do to much.

"Right... We can have a day here then. We can all hang out in the backyard. I can run to the market."

"You don't have to do errands."

"It's fine. I have to go grocery shopping anyway." I nod as I notice my phone buzzing. Claire looks in that direction before turning back to me. "I'll let you take the call. Jack, G, Sam and his family should be on their way here. I'll come and check up on you when I get back."

"You're the best."

"What are best friends for?" She laughs lightly getting up. "If you need anything from the store you can call me. I already know you want some cookies and those chocolates you always get."

"I owe you," I say thanking her and I reach over for my phone. She nods as she makes her way out of the bedroom. I answer the FaceTime and wait for it to connect. Nash and Matt pops up on the screen. They must be using the laptop.

"How are you doing?" Matt asks.

"I feel... terrible. Claire has been so helpful though. There isn't much I can do."

"We're sorry you're sort of on bed arrest," Nash apologizes.

"It's not your fault. It's Cams." Matt and Nash look towards each other before looking back at me.

"Cam... has been trying to get ahold of you..."

"We told him that you probably don't want to talk to him at the moment."

"You're right."

"I'm not sure what has gotten into him, but he feels awful and wants to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to him right now." I frown slightly. "He can wait until later or tomorrow."

"He found your wedding band on the table..." Matt says slowly.

"That was meant for him to find," I say softly.

"Ri," Nash starts hesitantly. "I know he did things, but I think he's really upset with himself for what he did."

"He hurt me Nash! For months. No comfort, no reassurance and definitely no love from what happened yesterday."

"I know this isn't an excuse, but Cam is seeing the mistake he made and isn't forgiving himself for this."

"I don't want to talk or see him."

"We'll tell him that. You know he's sorry... right?" I look away from the screen for a moment.

"She isn't going to budge," Matt says quietly to I assume Nash. "Cameron is going to have to figure this out on his own." I turn back to the screen and notice Nash with a worried look.

"Nash..." I say lightly. He looks towards me. "You don't have to protect him. I'll talk to him later, alright?"

"He's... a mess."

"I am too."

~

Happy Saturday!! I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend

This time next week, it will be my first night in Florida for my family vacation! Excited to be back there again 💞

Next update: Monday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 333 47
Best friends forever. Kate and Cam will their friendship last through other relationships or become stronger and turn into a strong relationship? rea...
5K 279 67
Is about a girl and a boy that knew each other for a long time. They start developing feelings for each other and what happens? What happens to their...
188K 186 183
@JackGilinsky liked your post @JackGilinsky commented on your post