Lassitude •3rd Book

By Sammyiams

An 8 year time period has passed... Riley continues her life as a professional writer... Cameron continues h... More

Book 3 Information
Official Characters List
Dallas Twins
Home
Change
Wonderful News
Never Forget
Seeing Dad
For You
Goodmorning
Not My Morning
Hope
Before Noon
Thinking
Nervous
A Rough Day
My House
Niece and Goddaughter
Weakness
Feelings
Help
Little Reunions
Wasn't Expecting That
Questioning
Suddenly
Special Day
Interesting Morning
Pushing It
Meeting
Surprise (part 1)
Surprise (part 2)
New
Unexpected (part 1)
Unexpected (part 2)
Talking it Out
What to Expect
Pain & Confusion (part 1)
The Last Gift
Lost
Her Decision
Hurt
Husband and Father
Our Story
Fix the Problem
Time to Talk
Weakness
Emotions
Lets Talk
A Letter from Riley
The Day
Labor
Memory Lane
Logan
Final Goodbye
Authors and Characters Q&A!

Pain & Confusion (part 2)

965 34 6
By Sammyiams

Lassitude ~36

Grace Dallas' pov

"Here we are," G says to me as he parks in the parking lot for the Sydney tower. I nod and get out and noticed Ollie has fallen asleep. I decide to keep him here while G and I go up.

I smile at my new viola and the take the case out of the rental before I close the door. I look up at the tower and notice the beautiful sunset view. I shiver slightly and G notices as he takes his tux jacket off and puts it on me. I smile at him and thank him.

We walk towards the entrance and G opens the door for me as I walk inside into the air conditioned lobby. Employee look up from the desk and they smile and wave as G and I walk by making our way to the elevator. I wave back confusingly as to why we don't have to pay?

"Your uncle Shawn and I have everything already set up," G says to me as we walk into the elevator.

"You've done so much today for me. My dad...." I smile at the thought that everything is going to be okay now. "Today has been amazing. Thank you."

"I'm glad you have. I had a really great time with you today, your uncle Shawn probably had an amazing time and I'm sure Sophia had a lot of fun with you today."

"I'm so happy to have someone my age to hangout with. It's really nice. I have to thank Sam and Mia."

"You'll have the time to thank them later. Also you still have to open the rest of your presents from everyone else." I smile as the elevator comes to a stop and the door slides open. I take a step into the spacious room and notice a piano on the other side by the window. I am confused because have never seen it there before.

"I didn't know they have a piano here," I say quietly as I walk towards it.

"They don't." I turn to the voice and stop walking as I see my brother walking towards me. I smile and run over to him as I notice uncle Shawn is here too. I wrap my arms around my brother and he does the same. We stay like this for a moment and I take a look at him to see him in a tux. Uncle Shawn is also in a tux.

"I'm so happy to see you Ryan," I smile.

"I'm happy to see you too. How has your day been? I heard you have a puppy?" I nod smiling widely.

"His name is Ollie. I can't wait for you to meet him."

"Me too," he smiles and we both look to our uncle Shawn. I am curious to why I had to bring my viola.

"Love your viola Grace?" Uncle Shawn asks lightly and I walk over to him to give him the biggest hug.

"Yes! Thank you uncle Shawn. I love you so much and I'm so happy. It's so precious!" Uncle Shawn chuckles and has a sad smile as if he remembered something.

"I''m glad you do. Ready to play?"

"Play?"

"Yes." He takes out a piece from behind him and I smile remembering I played this last year. Uncle Shawn couldn't make the recital, because he was visiting family. "I rosined your bow for you so you can play and it should be tuned."

"Is... someone playing the piano?" I ask curiously.

"I will be." I nod and he leads me over to the piano where I notice there is a music stand for me to put my music on. Uncle Shawn places my music on my stand and then walks to the other side of the piano and takes a seat. He puts his copy of the music in front of him.

I kneel down so I can open the viola case and get both the viola and bow out. I stand back up to see both G and my brother sitting in folder chairs with big smiles on their faces.

Uncle Shawn gives me an A on the piano and I tune my viola slightly and listen to the tone it gives. He opens the music and creases it before looking at me. He takes a deep breath to signal he is about to start and I place my bow on the string as we start the piece.

~seven minutes later~

I move to the music as I have my eyes closed. This portion of the piece I have memorized and I play with all the passion I have. Just as the piece comes to an end, I open my eyes and look towards uncle Shawn and I notice he has tears in his eyes.

As I come to an end, uncle Shawn's fingers leaves the keys and I cut the long fermata short. I place my viola on top of the piano and make my way over to him worriedly. I take a seat beside him and I hug him. He wraps his arms around me and leans his head on my shoulder as I sat here confused.

I look towards G and he stands along with my brother unsure what is going on.

"Uncle Shawn, what's wrong?" I ask quietly. I now notice Eva is here. I didn't notice her here before.

"I'm sorry," he says weakly. "I didn't mean to break down in the middle of your performance."

"It'a okay. Why are you crying?"

"I... just found out who, Peter is. It's really coming to me now of the unexpected news."

"Peter is my cousin," I say lightly remembering my dad telling me earlier.

"Yes. He's my son Grace."

"Wh-What?" I ask confusingly. I notice Ryan and G shift uncomfortably.

"I just found out Peter is my son. I don't know what to feel and think right now." He pulls away and I see his face flushed. "I'm so sorry for messing this up. This was supposed to be your day."

"It's okay uncle Shawn. You've done so much for me. This is one of the best birthdays ever. You should be happy Peter is your son. I'm sure he's just as nervous and shocked as you if he didn't know already about you."

"Have I ever told you that you're very reassuring and right?"

"I only want what's best for you uncle Shawn," I half smile. He breaks into a smiles and hugs me tightly.

"That is why I love my niece and nephew. Thank you for being so caring."

"You've done so much for us," Ryan says. I look towards G. He seems unsure of something.

"Who is the mother?" G asks. I look towards uncle Shawn and his jaw tightens slightly.

"Claire."

Peter Mendes' pov

My head aches and I groan slightly as I open my eyes and feel myself feeling groggy. I carefully sit up and bring my hand to my head. How long have I been asleep for? Neither Ryan or Cooper are in here. I look around and find the time. It's about nine thirty.

I carefully stand on my one good foot and hop over to my crutches. I then make my way over to the door and open it. I look down the hall and hear sniffling coming from I think one of the rooms. I slowly make my way down the hall and approach where Aunt Riley told me this was her room. The crying is coming from in here.

The door isn't fully shut and so I push it open to see heads turning my way. I first see Mia it think her name is, Jack , Nash and my mom are in here. I then slowly make my way in and stop when I notice aunt Riley is really upset.

I remember times when I'd see my mom upset like that. I never knew what it was about, but she would be in her room and she'd cry herself to sleep. It hasn't happened since I was five though.

"Peter," My mom says softly.

"I-I was going to ask if I can have some of my medication. My head is bothering me."

"Of course," My mom stands immediately, but Nash takes her hand and has her sit back down. Nash stands.

"I'll get it. Stay here with Ri," Nash says softly and walks over to me with a friendly smile.

"Can I still sleepover mom?"

"I'm not really sure if that's a good idea," My mom starts.

"H-he can stay," my aunt Riley hiccups. "He'll be fine here." My mom nods and Nash leads me out of the room and down the hall all the way to the end until we reach the second set of stairs. Nash carefully has me go down and we find ourself in the kitchen.

"Will she be okay?" I break the silence and decide to take a seat. Nash walks over to the cabinet.

"That I am very unsure of."

"What happened?" Nash sighs and puts the medication in the small plastic cup.

"Your aunt Riley and uncle Cam have been arguing. I had no idea you were Claire's son."

"I thought my mom would have told you?" I ask questionably. He hands me the small cup and I drink the whole thing before putting the cup down.

"She hasn't told me anything. This is a surprise to me also. It's quite shocking to a lot of us actually."

"What did you think I was doing on set then?"

"I thought you were part of the crew. For so long I would always see you on set and just assumed you were there," Nash chuckles and I half smile. "It's so cool that you're Claire's son. It's so mind blowing to me."

"And my dad?" Nash's smile slowly disappears and he is back to a worried expression.

"It's... going to take time Peter. It's... something you shouldn't be mad about. The circumstances were different back then and your dad still regrets some of the things he has done."

~

Next update: Thursday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 32.6K 200
@jackgilinsky liked your photo @jackgilinsky started following you + lowercase intended all my own work highest rank: 1 in fanfiction copyright ©...
789K 7K 70
Nash and Hayes Grier has a sister, what happens if Jack Gilinsky find your Instagram? @jackgilinsky started following you Highest ranking: #143 in Fa...
2K 75 13
How can you fall in love with someone that you've just met? I didn't even know him. I didn't want to know him, I just wanted to help him. ______ {boo...
233K 1.5K 85
jackgilinsky commented on you photo; damnnnnn jackgilinsky followed you!