Metamorphasis

WhisperOfSouls által

Lilly was considered the runt of her pack. Nobody saw her as anything more than the ugly duckling but she was... Több

Prologue - The Event
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Meeting Liz
Chapter 2 - My Alpha, My Mate, My Friend
Chapter 3 - The Oath
Chapter 4 - Surprise
Chapter 5 - New Discovery/My Leave
Chapter 6 - A True Vision
Chapter 7 - A secret
IMPORTANT - Update
Chapter 8 - A New Beginning
Chapter 9 - Confusion/Change
Chapter 10 - Dinner
Chapter 11 - Time Lapse
Chapter 12 - Broken
Chapter 13 - The Ride
Chapter 14 - Prep
Chapter 15 - Surprise Reunion
Chapter 16- Test
Chapter 17-Unknown
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21-Part 2
Chapter 22
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
SHORT MAIN CHARACTER BIOS
CHAPTER 32
NOT TO OFFEND ANY READERS
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34 PART 1
SIDE NOTE
CHAPTER 34 PART 2
CHAPTER 34 FINAL PART-PART 3
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
SHORT EXPLANATION/RE-CAP
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
IMPORTANT NOTICE
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
UPDATED CHARACTER BIOS!!!
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
Chapter 68
QUESTION FOR MY READERS
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
PLEASE READ : Goodbye Kitty
CHAPTER 73 PART 1
CHAPTER 73 - PART 2
KEEP IN MIND - NON STORY RELATED ADVICE...But please read.
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
SURVEY QUESTION
SNEAK PEAK - GUESS WHO THIS IS
CHAPTER 76 - BETTER THAN ME
AUTHORS NOTE - SKIP IT/IGNORE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 79 - The Mind Is The Worst Prison
CHAPTER 80 - The Struggle
CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger"
Chapter 82 - New Dawn
CHAPTER 83 - BRING IT ON
NOT AN UPDATE

CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL

5.5K 188 25
WhisperOfSouls által

NOT EDITED! FORGIVE ANY AND ALL MISTAKES! DON'T BE A GRAMMAR NAZI! BUT PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANY MAJOR MISTAKE. LIKE WITH THE NAMES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT THOUGH.

COPYRIGHTED© REGISTERED TRADEMARK®

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I've been gone for awhile but I hope this chapter makes up for it. Oh, and when you get to end, promise you won't hate me? Ok. Go ahead. Read. And I hope you enjoy it. :) Smile

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"The boundaries which divide, Life from Death, are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lilly's POV

His scream, that's what woke me. I jumped out of bed, the red of the walls surprising me, "What's going on?" Nathan asked from besides me, his hair flickering with flames prepared to fight with his best ability. He knew what the red alarm meant. We were under attack but an attack from who? From what? I rushed to Daniel's room across the hall with Nathan right on my heels. The strong tangy, metallic smell of blood permiated the entire floor concentraiting in his room. Something wasn't right here.

I stood paralized at his door, the scene before me too horrific to be true. But it was true. My eyes weren't deciving me, they couldn't be. I ran to Daniel's bedside but he wasn't moving. His eyes were closed and he appeared to be unconscious. His chest barely moving as he struggled to take each breath. I howled raising my face towards the moon at the sight of Daniel laying in a pool of his own blood with a balcony bar sticking out of his body. With every rise and fall of his chest I was reassured that he wasn't gone, at least not yet and I hoped it would stay that way.

There was no way he could die and if he did it would be unfair. The ancestors couldn't take him, they couldn't do that to him. He didn't deserve that punishment. I took a deep breath and growled. I hadn't noticed it before because the scent of fresh blood was almost overpowering the other scent entirely but it was there. The smell of blood was intermingled with her scent disguising it but I knew her too well to be fooled by it. There was no doubt, she, had done this to him. Her scent was not only on the weapon but all over the room as well.

How could she do this? To us, to him, to herself. Daniel loved her and we had all trusted her for what? Just so that she could stab us in the back? Anger and dissapointment flooded me, filling me with an intense desire to kill and triggering me to shift into my wolf. I growled angriely as I paced around the room getting a good trail on her scent before getting ready to sprint for the open door. Suddenly Daniel coughed and began to speak, "Don't. Please...please just let her go." He garbled, almost unintelligible words that made me stop in my tracks.

He couldn't be serious. I turned to face him, my eyes burning, reflecting my fury at the situation I was being forced into. I was trapped in a struggle between following my instincts and desire to kill, for vengence or following Daniel's request. I was his Alpha, he had no power over me. He couldn't order me to stop, as the decision was ultimately mine to make. It was my choice wether to persue her or let her run and what ever path I chose to follow, he would have to live with it. But would I be able to live with my own decision? If I hurt her, he would hate me. I was sure of it. After all, she was his mate and he would never forgive me if I killed her.

I knew that if someone dared to even try and harm, Nathan, my mate, in any way there would be hell to pay. It would be something I could never forgive, something I would never let go, and something I would more than certainly kill for. To defend and protect my mate, Nathan, I would do anything. I sighed, lowering my head in defeat, having my decision already made for me, "Lilly, he needs help. He's bleeding out! We need to take him to the hospital now!" Jay's words hit home. I had bigger fish to fry and catching Ashley wasn't one of them.

Capturing her took a second seat to the rest of my priorities and things I had to deal with at the moment. I shifted back to my human form and went back to his bedside determined to pull the bar that was currently protruding from his abdomen out before it caused anymore damage. Daniel seemed to be out of it as I placed my hands on the bar and got ready to pull it out, "Don't! We can't take it out now or we'll just be making it easier for him to bleed out!" Jay explained to me as he stopped my attempts to remove the bar from within Daniel.

I snarled and growled at him, my hair beginning to catch on fire and flickering in tune to the anger and rage within me. Those two emotions were never meant to be bottled up within one person alone. They had the power to consume there containers, in another words they had the ability to consume me. They could destroy me. "Call Alpha Maddox and get him in here now! Tell him we have an emergency and need his assistance. Do not allow Jeremy to step a foot in my house and nothing that is going on here, gets out of these four walls unless I say so. Understood?" I ordered. Jay nodded leaving Nathan and I alone in the room with Daniel as he went to do as I asked.

"Who is she? Who is her?" Nathan asked me from the otherside of the bed. For a second I considered ignoring him but I knew him too well to believe he would just let this go. "No one. Drop it." I told him. Not here. Not now. I added through our mindlink and he narrowed his eyes, "Fine." He snarled through clenched teeth and I stared at him. "Daniel, it's going to be ok. Its not as bad as it looks." I tried to reassure him and did a mental face palm. Why the hell did I say that? He must've know I was lying but he didn't call me out on it. "I will be." He mustered to reply between coughs, wincing as he did so.

It was hurting him to even breath that much was at least evident from the way he shivered and struggled to stay still, to stay awake. I felt his aura the moment he stepped into the house and knew the Alpha was minutes away from entering the room. I didn't need to tell him anything, the moment he stepped into the room his eyes landed on Daniel and he froze. After a few seconds he inched closer to us, "We need to get him to our hospital in town. They're going to have a room ready for him and one of our doctors will be on call waiting for us to arrive with him. It's faster if we take him than if we wait for an ambulance and don't worry, the hospital is runned entirely by this pack. The only humans there are the patients." He informed me and I nodded.

I turned off the alarm system and stood up, "I'll take him." Nathan said and Alpha Maddox walked towards the bed, "Let me help you." He told Nathan, who nodded in agreement as they both picked Daniel up and off the bed. I used his own power to encase him in a protective cacoon ensuring that he wouldn't be able to move and accidently cause himself more damage. They carried him downstairs and into the garage, were Nathan opened his truck and let me get in first before carefully placing Daniel inside. His head carefully rested against my lap as they closed the doors and both the Alpha and Nathan stepped in.

Nathan at the wheel and the Alpha in the passenger seat. Everyone stood by the door looking at us waiting for some sort of explanation but that was something I couldn't give them at the moment. When they asked what was going on I would have to come up with something to explain everything that was going on but for now my mind was blank and I didn't know what I was going to tell them. Jay, follow strict protocol. Stay here and protect our home. Keep everyone safe, don't tell them anything not even Brad, and specially not Casey. I ordered Jay, through our pack mindlink.

We left seconds after Jay aknowledged my command. Strict protocol meant lockdown for everyone. Nothing came in and nothing went out without my direct say so. I might've not know Jay for long and my decision to trust him might not seem like a good one to many; but I trusted him and I knew he had both the skill and loyalties to follow through with my orders. He could trap them all in there own personal bubble where they would become absorbed in there own dreams  curtesy of Jay.

They all knew of his power but succesfully detecting the difference between illusion and reality took just as much skill as trying to break out of the illusion. Something I knew none of them knew how to do because none of them had any training or experience when it came to dealing with his power. "We're here." Alpha Maddox annouced bringing me back to the present from my thoughts. I looked out of the window and saw that indeed we had arrived and were currently parked in a back door to a hospital.

Nurses appeared at the door with a stretcher and rapidly placed him in it before rolling him inside. I jumped out after them and began following them inside, "Meet me inside." I called back towards Nathan who stayed behind to properly park his truck. I could feel his jealousy tainted understanding and knew he didn't like me being so preoccupied with Daniel. But I knew that he knew that nothing he could do short of committing suicide could keep me from making sure Daniel survived this. I also knew that he would never risk leaving me by attempting suicide and tempting death.

"I'm sorry Miss but you can't come in." A nurse told me as she stopped me from entering the door that lead to what I assumed was the surgical room. "Excuse me?" I sneered through clenched teeth, "Let the doctors do there job, babe." Nathan whispered in my ear and I growled, "Fine." I uttered and began pacing around, "Um, Babe, Lilly...chill. If you don't calm down you'll trigger the fire alarm." Nathan murmured and I turned to look at him through slits, "What did you say?" I sneered, "Just that your hair is on fire." He replied casually as if it were an every day thing.

It wasn't. But with us it could be. "Sorry." I whispered as I leaned against the wall and slowly fell down. He sat down next to me and cradled me close to his body as I cried, "He's going to be ok, Babe. Daniel is a strong wolf, a fighter, this won't shake him. You'll see, he'll pull through." He reassured me. "I'm sorry if I seem all...explosive but I'm just worried about him. What if he doesn't make it? What if this actually kills him?" I asked him between sobs. "Be positive. He'll live through this. Trust me." He repeated.

After awhile I stopped crying and wiped my eyes, "Lilly, your mate is right. You've got to be positive and trust that your gua...your friend will fight to stay alive." Alpha Maddox tried to comfort me and I sighed, "Alpha Maddox, thank you. For helping us and for trying to reassure me. I dont know if he'll make it but I hope he does or there will be hell to pay." I replied as I lifted my head from the nook on Nathans arm. "Nate, do you have your juice?" I ask him and he lifts his gaze from my face, avoided my eyes, "Nate, babe. I know you have it with you. I need...some...juice." I stated and he sighed, "You know I haven't drank any juice in awhile." He stated and I knew that at least that much was true. One day he had decided to stop drinking and abandoned his favorite drink, Gin and Juice, but I had seen him carrying his custom made bottle before.

He was attached to that bottle just like I was attached to my necklace. Of course nothing guaranteed me that it actually had anything in it but still I had to find out. "Nathan, Babe." I told him and he sighed as he pulled a bottle with a very intricate design from his pocket and shrugged, "Jack." He said popping the cap off and taking a sip from the bottle before passing it to me. The Alpha looked at us but said nothing.

The sun began to rise as the hours passed and still there was no news about Danny. "What the hell is taking so long?" I asked beginning to pace around the waiting room. "Relax, no news is good news. Right?" Nathan replied skeptically. Suddenlly, the doors to the surgery room opened and out stepped a doctor in a blood stained surgical suit. He lowered his mask and turned to look towards the Alpha before turning to look at us and taking a deep breath......

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

You're hating me right now aren't you? It's alright take a deep breath and be patient. Do you think he'll make it? Its a pretty severe wound and he has lost a lot of blood. But he's not all human so who knows, right? VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FOLLOW AND/OR ADD TO YOUR LIBRARIES!!! Let me know what you think so far about the story.

P.S.

I will try and upload Damaged Goods tomorrow or later this evening I'm not sure when I'll be able to do it for sure; but I will try and find the time. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and that you will stick with the story as we near the end. KIK me at ChameleonDreamGirl or just message me here if you have any questions. Ok...See you guys later.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

999K 34.6K 42
Rose was able to find a pack that wouldn't force her into marriage, The Red Wind pack, but it all went downhill one unfaithful day. The Luna of The R...
3K 51 6
Reese was born an abomination. A Freak. Or so she'd always been told by the pack of seaside wolves she'd been born into, including the pack's leader...
3.9K 115 18
Lillian decided to protect her older sister from their father. She endured unimaginable pain and misery. Will that choice destroy any hope of being...
194 0 9
Lydia has always been at the bottom of the pack. She was above the petty outcasts, and definitely above the rogues. But she was not important to the...