Lassitude •3rd Book

By Sammyiams

An 8 year time period has passed... Riley continues her life as a professional writer... Cameron continues h... More

Book 3 Information
Official Characters List
Dallas Twins
Home
Change
Wonderful News
Never Forget
Seeing Dad
For You
Goodmorning
Not My Morning
Hope
Before Noon
Thinking
Nervous
A Rough Day
My House
Niece and Goddaughter
Weakness
Feelings
Help
Little Reunions
Wasn't Expecting That
Questioning
Suddenly
Special Day
Interesting Morning
Pushing It
Meeting
Surprise (part 1)
Surprise (part 2)
New
Unexpected (part 1)
Talking it Out
What to Expect
Pain & Confusion (part 1)
Pain & Confusion (part 2)
The Last Gift
Lost
Her Decision
Hurt
Husband and Father
Our Story
Fix the Problem
Time to Talk
Weakness
Emotions
Lets Talk
A Letter from Riley
The Day
Labor
Memory Lane
Logan
Final Goodbye
Authors and Characters Q&A!

Unexpected (part 2)

987 39 22
By Sammyiams

Lassitude ~32

Grace Dallas' pov

"Ollie!" both Sophia and I call out to my new puppy as he runs around. Sophia and I sat in the gazebo surrounded by a beautiful garden and pretty lights as we wait for G to come back. He told me he had to do something real quick and told us to enjoy the view.

Ollie runs back over to me and I pick him up. I snuggle him into my arms and smile as he licks my face. He's so cute! I'm glad G was able to let me adopt Ollie with my parents permission.

Speaking of parents. I'm sort of surprised my dad was on board with this. Did he really agree to let me have a puppy? Am I going to see him today at all? A part of me still wants to see him. A part of me is afraid.

"You okay Grace?" I look towards Sophia as Ollie settles in my arms.

"Hmm, yeah. I guess I am," I half smile. "Today has been very eventful."

"I can agree with you. You have the best uncle and godfather in the world. You're very lucky." I smile at the thought that G and uncle Shawn has always been there for me. "What do you think they are planning for right now?"

"I'm not really sure," I half shrug. "They're always great with surprises. You should sleepover with me tonight if we're still at the suite."

"I'd love that. I'll ask my parents and let you know."

"Sounds great." I begin to hear faint music from a distance and I look around. Ollie barks and I let him down as he runs off again. "Do you hear that?" I ask curiously as I point to the air.

"Yeah. Sounds like it's coming closer." I stand and make my way towards the center of the gazebo where I can see the opening. I notice a string quartet playing a piece and I smile. I notice the quartet as some of my friends from the orchestra. They smile as they notice I am staring.

I turn around to look towards Sophia when I gasps and smile. I see G and Hayes standing in a tux with presents on the seat of the gazebo.

"Princess Grace," Hayes smiles. "Tonight we are your escorts to dance." I smile at the two of them as the music changes and becomes more clearer. I look around for Sophia, but don't see her around.

"She will be back soon," G smiles and he held his hand for me to take. As I take G's hand Hayes takes a tiera out from the box and I gasp at how pretty it is. Hayes places it on my head securely.

"Best princess I've seen yet," Hayes says quietly and I feel my heart explode with happiness. This really does feel like a fairytale moment. G wraps his arms around me and I try my best to wrap my arms around his shoulders, but he's tall and I'm short.

We begin to slow dance. 

"Thank you G," I say softly as he twirls me and I am back to leaning my head on his chest.

"Anything for you Gracie," he says softly. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you for one of the best days of my life."

"You know I'd do anything for you. Thank you for coming into my life."

"I love you G."

"I love you too princess. I hope Ollie will remind you of me when I'm not here with you."

"Definitely." I close eye and let myself get lost in the music and swaying. After a little bit we come to a stop and I open my eyes. I pull away slightly and see Hayes wants to cut in. I smile as G hands me over to Hayes and he twirls me a few times. I giggle as I get slightly dizzy and he chuckles as he brings me to his arms.

"I'm not a dancer like you Hayes," I laugh lightly referring to when he was on Dancing with the Stars.

"I can always teach you. I have time."

"Yes please." He chuckles and nods.

"Sure thing." Hayes tells a few jokes before we stop swaying. "I want you to dance with one more person," He says softly.

"Okay," I smile and giggle slightly thinking it's probably Sophia. Hayes has me turn around and my smile falters just slightly. "D-dad?" I ask quietly.

He stands a just a few feet in a tux also. His expression showing how nervous and broken he is. He looks at me with a small smile. I've never seen my dad dressed up very fancy before unless it was for a special event.

Shawn Mendes' pov

Her viola, I can't forget her viola. I look into the full length bathroom mirror as I fix my tie and make sure my tux is in check. This will be one of the final conclusions to the plan G and I have for Grace. G and I are going to dressed in tux and dance the night with her as we spend the final night of her birthday under the moonlight before going to Sydney tower.

Cameron and I agreed he would meet us there in a few hours along with Ri, Ryan and the gang. They were going to let us spend our moment with Grace first before they join in on the celebration. Cameron figured out how he's going to hopefully apologize to Grace.

"Shawn!" I hear Hayes calling from up above. "Lets go so we're not late!" I quickly make my way out of the bathroom and into the bathroom to grab my guitar that has straps. I put that on and pick up Grace's present and make my way upstairs. I am about to make my way straight for the door when I hear a painful sigh.

I turn my attention to a boy sitting on the couch. The second he looks towards me, I feel like air has been taken away from me.

I don't know if I was seeing things, but I'm pretty sure the boy looks quite a lot like me in a way with a few other features.

I don't understand what is going on.

"H-hello," the boy says uncomfortably. He fidgets with his fingers.

"Hi..." I say softly confused. I feel that I am somehow connected to him, but I've never met the boy before. I slowly put Grace's viola down and slowly make my way over to him. I stop when someone comes hurriedly from behind me.

"Peter!" I hear Sam call out and I turn to see Sam walking into the living room worriedly. Sam's eyes widens when he sees me and my eyes widens at him. Peter? "Shit... umm..."

"Sam..." I say lowly. "What's going on here?" My head is spinning with a lot of questions in my head.

"You weren't supposed to find out this way," Sam says in the same tone before looking at the boy, who I now assume is Peter. "Peter..." he says hesitantly. "Cameron will be back with the prescription in about fifteen minutes." I look towards Peter, who only nods before looking down at his lap.

"Peter..." I say not realizing I said it out loud. He looks up at me. I look towards Sam and he shakes his not to say anything. I'm confused and decide I'll talk to Sam outside. I turn to Peter again and in my calm voice, "I'll... see you around." Peter only nods confusingly before I turn and pick up the viola and walk out the front door.

I let out a big breath not realizing what just happened. Sam follows just moments after and closes the door behind him. I put the viola down and grab Sam's collar wanting to know everything in the next three minutes.

"Wilkinson," I panic. "What the hell just happened? And don't lie to me."

"You weren't supposed to find out yet?" Sam says in a panicky voice. I let go of him and he takes deep breaths as I keep my eye on him.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" I whisper yell so no one can hear. "He has my hair, my eyes and even my facial recognition. I want to know what's going on this very instant."

"Calm down Shawn," Sam says with wide eyes.

"I can't calm down! Why is there a kid who looks almost exactly like me when I know I would never cheat on Caitlyn?"

"You didn't cheat," he says slowly.

"I've only been in one relationship before and-" I stop mid sentence. I feel my heart escalating and I take a seat with a shaky breath.

No... it can't be.

"Shawn, she wanted to tell you." I close my eyes trying to let this sink in. "She was afraid to tell you when you and Caitlyn officially started dating. She didn't want to ruin anything for the both of you." I let minutes pass and I assume Hayes is in the rental car giving me space that I need.

"I don't understand..." I say softly. "How... when?"

"You have to talk to Claire." I let out a shaky breath feeling like I might possibly pass out any minute. "Peter is your son."

"How old is he?" I ask quietly.

"Eight, he's about to be nine in a few days." I keep my eyes closed. This is the most unexpected news I can get right now. I never thought this was going to be the answer when I figured out who Peter was.

"Where is Claire?" I ask a few minutes later.

"She should be here later tonight." I hear a car door open and close.

"What's taking so lon-" I hear Hayes stop mid-sentence. "Shawn, you look like you've seen a ghost."

"Not the time," Sam sighs.

"I-I don't know what to think of this," I say weakly.

"I can tell G you can't come," Hayes offers. I shake my head wiping my eyes realizing that I have tears. I look at both Sam and Hayes who are worried.

"I have to be there for my niece. I-I have to be there for him too," I finally say as I realize I want to open my heart up to my only son believing that he is.

"Who?"

"My son," I look towards Hayes and he gives me a confused look. Who knows about Peter?

"Only Cameron, Johnson, Mrs.Johnson and I knew about your son," Sam says softly answering my question. "I'm sorry we've kept this from you. Don't be angry with Claire."

"She kept this a secret for almost nine years! How can I not be angry with her? I helped create him!"

"You two broke up Shawn! You broke up with her and left her with a heartbreak. You're the one who decided to leave her life. Not her. She was afraid to come to you when you left her in the first place. She didn't realize she was even pregnant until months after you had left her so don't give me that Mendes."

I sigh frustrated and put my fingers through my hair. I can't believe this is happening. I stand slowly and feel slightly light headed. Sam and Hayes are watching me carefully. Cam knew too? He's my brother in law.

"Can I take him with me?"

"Um... no?" Sam looks at me crazy. "I can't let you take him when he has to take his prescription and I'm not sure how Claire would feel right now."

"Fine." I pick up the viola case and hand it over to Hayes. "I'll stay here with him then. Hayes, tell Jack I had to stay for an emergency and tell Grace I'm sorry I can't be there." Hayes only nods stunned and makes his way over to the rental car.

"Shawn," Sam says worried.

"I'm not going to tell him. I just want to spend time with him." Sam only nods as I open the front door and walk back into the living room. Peter looks up towards me.

I have to speak with Claire when she gets here.

~
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend 💕

Next update: Monday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 5.2K 51
Kiara and Cameron's relationship was like a roler coaster, it went up and down. But will their love last until the day they die? *Currently being edi...
5.1K 85 32
Karleigh Jenner. Used to be sky Grier but that changed when she found out she was kylie jenners twin sister!! She still is Nash's half sister. But he...
789K 7K 70
Nash and Hayes Grier has a sister, what happens if Jack Gilinsky find your Instagram? @jackgilinsky started following you Highest ranking: #143 in Fa...
2.2M 32.6K 200
@jackgilinsky liked your photo @jackgilinsky started following you + lowercase intended all my own work highest rank: 1 in fanfiction copyright ©...