Lassitude •3rd Book

By Sammyiams

An 8 year time period has passed... Riley continues her life as a professional writer... Cameron continues h... More

Book 3 Information
Official Characters List
Dallas Twins
Home
Change
Wonderful News
Never Forget
Seeing Dad
For You
Goodmorning
Not My Morning
Hope
Before Noon
Thinking
Nervous
A Rough Day
My House
Niece and Goddaughter
Weakness
Help
Little Reunions
Wasn't Expecting That
Questioning
Suddenly
Special Day
Interesting Morning
Pushing It
Meeting
Surprise (part 1)
Surprise (part 2)
New
Unexpected (part 1)
Unexpected (part 2)
Talking it Out
What to Expect
Pain & Confusion (part 1)
Pain & Confusion (part 2)
The Last Gift
Lost
Her Decision
Hurt
Husband and Father
Our Story
Fix the Problem
Time to Talk
Weakness
Emotions
Lets Talk
A Letter from Riley
The Day
Labor
Memory Lane
Logan
Final Goodbye
Authors and Characters Q&A!

Feelings

1K 47 13
By Sammyiams

Lassitude~18

Grace Dallas' pov

"Thank you G. Thank you uncle Shawn," I spoke quietly as we sat down at a booth table at a restaurant. I think they both figured out I didn't eat anything before rehearsal and my lesson. They sat across from me looking carefully.

"You're hungry child," G says. "We weren't going to wait any longer for you to eat." I only nod and play with my fingers on my lap.

"I'm sorry your rehearsal didn't go too well," uncle Shawn apologizes. I shrug remembering a complete nightmare of rehearsal today.

"If you ever want to talk Grace. We're here for you," G says gently. "I know your two days has been rough for you and hopefully we can try to change that this weekend."

"I will talk to your mom. I'm really sorry everything is going bad for you." I have a heartache and I know G and uncle Shawn is really trying to be there for me. I really appreciate it. My mom will probably go along with my dad though. She usually does.

"I-I wish I was a better daughter for them," I say softly and keep my eyes averted to the table.

"Gracie..." G says. I shake my head to keep myself from breaking down again. "You're perfect just the way you are."

"I feel like they don't want me anymore. I tried to apologize and tried to do everything to let dad know I'm really sorry and he just yells at me more. I don't understand," my eyes waters and I look up. Both of their eyes goes wide and uncle Shawn decides to get up and take a seat next to me. He pulls me close to him so he's hugging me and I let the tears spill through.

"We'll figure this out Gracie," Uncle Shawn says as he kisses the top of my head.

"Th-thank you for being here with me." I look between the two and G gives me a sad smile nodding.

"Anything you need," G starts. "We want you to be happy." I smile faintly and nod as he hands me a few tissues so I can wipe my face and blow my nose out.

"Can I visit, aunt Aaliyah, grandma Karen and grandpa Manny sometime?" I ask.

"Of course you can Grace. They'd love to see you. Maybe I can get your mom to let you go when I head back."

"And..." G smiles. "You can stay at my house and we can go shopping and hit the beaches when we're in California. I have a room there for you."

"You do?" I ask feeling excited.

"Duh, you're my goddaughter," G chuckles. "I'll talk to your mom more about it. I'm sure you'll be able to go."

"Okay," I half smile. "I'd really like to go to both places."

"We can make that work." Our food arrives and my stomach grumbles happily. They began to talk about plans for when I come over.

Riley Dallas' pov

"Awe!" The girls and I say to Ranisha who was telling a story of her and Jack. She just finished the trip they went on for the weekend in Italy during the tour. Ranisha and Jack has been going out for several years now.

"I heard Cam is planning something for you two," Caitlyn smiles and Hope nods.

"You and Cam need some alone time," Crystal points out and Mia smiles at the girls in how close we all are.

"When was the last time it was just you and Cam?" Andrea asks. The girls nod looking towards me.

"Its been a few years," I answer shyly.

"See?!" Hope say with a hopeful smile. "You two must go out on a date and enjoy yourselves!"

"I agree with Hope," Caitlyn says as the other girls nod.  "You and Cam, sometime next week." I look towards the guys to look for Cam, but I don't see him.

"Maybe," I half smile. I remember earlier on the phone and he sounded tired. I think he really should get some rest this week. Apparently Grace had detention today and I haven't seen her since she went straight to her rehearsal and viola lesson. I have to speak with her when she gets home.

I stand and look around to see if I can find Cameron. I also need to talk to him about Sam. I still do not see him out here. He must be inside.

"I think I'm going to check on him. I'll see you guys in a bit?"

"We'll be here," Crystal smiles and I wave to them as I slowly make my way inside trying to find him. I look around the kitchen then walk through the halls to the living room to find Ryan with Sophia and little Eva.

"Hello Mrs.Dallas," Sophia says politely to me. Ryan turns to see me.

"Hi mama," Ryan smiles.

"Hi guys. Having a good time?" They both nod.

"Mom, Sophia is a really big fan of your books. I was wondering if you you could take a picture with her?"

"No, it's okay," She says shyly.

"It's alright," I smile. "I'd love to take a picture with you Sophia." I slowly walk over and they both stand as Eva sits on the couch looking at a book filled with music notes. I wouldn't be surprised if Shawn gave  her books on how to read music.

"You're the best Mrs.Dallas."

"You can call me Riley. I've heard a bit about you," I smile and she walks over to me and I give her a hug as Ryan takes pictures. "I really like your skirt."

"Thank you," She says with a friendly smile and hugs back before her eyes widens. "You're my favorite author. I'm really happy that I'm really meeting you. In your house!" I laugh lightly as we pose for the camera and I have a great idea.

"Actually, follow me," I say to the both of them and Eva also gets up to follow me up the stairs. The four of us make our way to my office and I turn the light on. We walk in and I turn to see Sophia looking around in amazement. Eva runs over to the bean bag chair and sits down she starts to look at the room herself.

"Your office is beautiful!" Sophia says in awe. "I can't believe I'm standing in your writing space. She walks over to the window sill and i smile at the many nights I'd write sitting there. I'd look out the window and into the view.

"Thank you, Sophia. I have something for you." I look through my shelves to to find the sixth and final book to the Chosen series. It's a signed copy and will not be coming out for another few months. Grace has already ready it at least a dozen times.

I hand her the copy of the book and it takes her a moment to realize what book it is. She looks up with her eyes wide with excitement.

"I was wondering while you're here this week and next, if you'd like to read it? Tell me how it is?"

"I'd love to! Thank you so much for letting me read it! I'm really excited. I'll take very good care of your copy."

"I know," I smile as she hugs the book to her chest. "I hope you enjoy the book. I'll see you two in the morning."

"Love you mom," Ryan smiles as he walks over to Sophia and hands her phone over to her. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Don't stay up too late," I half smile feeling my motherly instincts comes in.

"I won't."

"Thank you again," Sophia smiles as we all walk out of my office.

"Have a goodnight you two." They make their way way down the hall and back down the stairs. I smile at the two before making my way over to my bedroom.

I open the bedroom door slowly and peak my head in to see Cameron on the edge of the bed. His hands are covering his face and I close the door as I slowly make my way over to him worriedly.

"Cam? What's wrong?" He lets out a sigh before he looks up towards me. I notice how exhausted he looks.

"Our daughter, Ri. What are we going to do with her?"

"Cam, she's having a rough day. I talked to the headmistress."

"Our daughter talked backed to a teacher! That is so unlike her. Does she really think she's not going to face consequences?"

"Cam," I say softly.

"She's grounded for the weekend and next week."

"Its her birthday Sunday, Cam. Don't." He glares at me.

"She's grounded. She should have thought of what she had done."

"I know she shouldn't have done that, but we're not excluding our daughter from a celebration with everyone here." We haven't heard what she's going through. I'm worried for her.

"She's grounded Ri, she needs to learn her lesson."

"Not this way. Ground her after this weekend." Cameron sighs frustrated and stands. "Cameron..."

"Whatever," he mumbles. "Teach our daughter that she's allowed to get away with things. Great parenting Ri." I feel taken aback and confused why he's making this hard.

"Fine," I say softly. "She's grounded. When my brother or even G asks why we're not going all out for her as Ryan, you're telling them."

"She's staying home the day."

~

I'm excited for the time I will be able to write more (:

Next update: Monday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

789K 7K 70
Nash and Hayes Grier has a sister, what happens if Jack Gilinsky find your Instagram? @jackgilinsky started following you Highest ranking: #143 in Fa...
233K 1.5K 85
jackgilinsky commented on you photo; damnnnnn jackgilinsky followed you!
188K 186 183
@JackGilinsky liked your post @JackGilinsky commented on your post
4.8K 333 47
Best friends forever. Kate and Cam will their friendship last through other relationships or become stronger and turn into a strong relationship? rea...