Loving The Bad Boy [1 & 2]

By unxreality

She loved him because she thought that he was perfect; then she realized he wasn't perfect, so she loved him... More

Loving The Bad Boy
Chase Cole
He's In Prison
You Got Yourself A Deal
Kiss Me
Beauty & The Beast
And So It Begins
Zach Daniels
Was That Fun?
She's My Girlfriend
I Swear He's Bipolar
Principal's Office
What Are We?
Then Have Me
Where Are My Clothes?
Flashback
It's Yours Now
When You Do; I'll Be Ready
Never Expected
Jealousy
He's A Lucky Guy
It's Hard To Explain
Dark Secrets
He Really Likes You
She'll Be Happy With Me
I'm Not Going To Force You
Protect Her
We Meet Again
How Could I Forget?
First Time
My Secret Is Out But His Isn't
Five Days Without Him
Repeating History
You're Going To Get Hurt
Be Careful Who You Trust
Always
Only Us
Let's Re-Create History
Close Your Eyes
Epilouge - If Chase had survived
LOVING THE BAD BOY 2
LTBB 2: Chapter One
LTBB 2: Chapter Two
LTBB 2: Chapter Three
LTBB 2: Chapter Four
LTBB 2: Chapter Five
LTBB 2: Chapter Six
LTBB 2: Chapter Seven
LTBB 2: Chapter Eight
LTBB 2: Chapter Nine
LTBB 2: Chapter Ten
LTBB 2: Chapter Eleven
LTBB 2: Chapter Twelve
LTBB 2: Chapter Thirteen
LTBB 2: Chapter Fourteen
LTBB 2: Chapter Fifteen
LTBB 2: Chapter Sixteen
LTBB 2: Chapter Seventeen
LTBB 2: Chapter Eighteen
LTBB 2: Chapter Ninteen
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-One
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Two
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Three
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Five
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Six
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Seven
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Eight
LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Nine (LAST CHAPTER: PT 1)
LTBB 2: Chapter Thirty (LAST CHAPTER: PT 2)
ANNOUNCEMENT + UPDATE

The Cole Family

5.5K 158 24
By unxreality

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Cole Family

[Isabelle's POV]

After Sarah and Emily dropped me off in front of Chase's apartment, I knocked on his door three times before he welcomely answered.

"Hey, Princess." Chase's husky voice spoke, his arms wrap around my waist pulling me closer to his chest as his lips met mine in the most sweetest way.

"You're in a quite good mood, aren't you?"

"Only when I'm with you, Belle." he smirks, me smiling sheepishly.

Once I entered the lounge, I was astonished as my eyes met three different people. One of them being Luke, and the two others seem unfamiliar. A male and a female holding hands on the sofa while their smiles were directed to me. Awkwardly shifting, I slowly takes steps closer to the couple and greet them with a small "Hello."

"Hi, are you Isabelle?" the female spoke, she looked around her mid forties with messy brown curly hair, her eyes chocolate brown and her skin fair. The male on the other hand had flat dark hair, his glasses pushed up to the bridge of his nose as he fixed the tie of his suit.

"Yes I am." I answered, the female beaming as she stood up from the sofa and walked over to me with open eyes.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, darling." Her arms twist around my neck for a hug as I unsurely patted her back in an awkward way. She could tell that I was very uncomfortable hugging a complete stranger so she took the time to fully introduce himself, "I'm sorry about that. My name is Dana Cole. I'm Chase and Luke's mother."

Oh crap. It's his parents. You know what's weird? I thought it would always be the guy meeting the girl's parent's first, but no. It's now switched around.

Now I understand why Chase was so eased and welcoming to me at the front door... because he didn't tell me that his parents were over. The universe makes sense again.

"I'm Isabelle." I say myself while shaking Dana's hand. Sooner or later, her husband had walked over joining our conversation.

"Tom Cole. I'm Chase and Luke's father." He smiles. I know that Dana and Tom are Luke and Chase's non biological parents, but I do see the resemblance in their smiles. Tom had the same smirk as Chase and the a bit of his attitude.

Chase and Luke's past with their actual parents had been hard to imagine. I remember Chase telling me that Tom and Dana were very wealthy, but I was not sure what their occupations were.

Their mother died while they were at a very young age, and then soon, their real father had turned into an alcoholic and would always punish them for something they didn't do. If it wasn't for Luke saving Chase that night when his father was almost about to practically murder his ten year old son, I don't know what the hell Chase would be now; and I can't visualize either - I wouldn't want to.

"I'm sure you've met our son, Luke." Dana directs her hand to Luke who was slouching on the couch. I nod.

Dana sees my uncomforted display and suddenly frowns, "Sorry if we've intruded your's and Chase's night alone together; we just wanted to visit you. If you'd like, we'll be on our way."

"No, no. Of course not. Please stay, we wouldn't mind." I abruptly speak out. I could feel Chase slowly walking up towards me from the back, his tall figure towering over mine.

I know that he has never really been keen on family situations, nor did Luke, but this could possibly be the only time where they were a whole in one room. If I say the thought on my mind, Chase would certainly not be pleased, but I will do this as a favor for that stubborn boy.

"Why don't you guys stay for dinner?" I blurt out, Chase suddenly cutting through the conversation.

"No, no, no." He interrupts, "I'm sure that my... parents are busy with the business tonight, aren't you guys?"

Tom and Dana exchanged unknowing glances, as did Chase and I before they both speak again, "We'd love to. It's our work break anyway and what better way to spend the evening by getting to know our boys better and also you, my darling." Dana was so sweet, it's like she treated me like her own daughter even though it was far too early to get into that 'topic' or discussion.

"Great. So it's settled then." I clasped my hands together in confirmation before reluctantly turning my head towards Luke who was still lounging on the couch, "What about you Luke? Are you going to join?" he heavily sighs before nodding. Luke had that face like, 'it's-not-like-I-have-anything-better-to-do-anyway.'

It was all planned. I was going to have dinner with the Cole family.

***

We all decided to go out to a pizza place instead since Chase and I couldn't think of anything else. Chase and I took his sports car to drive to the venue while Dana and Tom had taken their silver BMW where Luke had joined them. Right now, it's only Chase and I in his car; his hand firmly gripped on the steering wheel.

"Are you mad at me?" I spoke in a hushed tone, he turns his head slightly to me.

"Nah. Just disappointed, that's all."

"Why so?" I fiddle with my thumbs, keeping my head down, my brown wavy hair flowing down onto my face.

"I just thought that it would have only been us two for the night. We haven't like, been on a proper date in ages, let alone, sleep together without any fights before." I softly giggle at his response, it was cute how he only wanted him and I for the night; but I'm sure that this would be a great experience to finally meet Chase's parents and also try and make their family closer than they are.

"How come you haven't told me about your parents before that much?" I ask still keeping my head low, Chase's jaw clenched.

"It's not something I like to talk about everyday."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"Just because. Okay?" he snaps annoyed. I shut my lips pursing them into a thin line. There was tension in the atmosphere. Trying to ease the unwanted awkwardness, my hand gradually reaches the radio button to switch on until Chase spoke.

"What are you doing?"

Stuttering, "Uh- I was wondering if I could turn on the r-radio."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because what?" he mocks my voice in a high pitched tone, me rolling my brown eyes.

"Just because. Okay?" I mimic back in a deep man voice before Chase and I both burst out laughing.

Well that took care of the awkward tension.

Chase's large hand clasp onto mine before our fingers intertwined and he brought my hand up to his plump lips and kissed the front, me smiling.

When we arrive at 'Pizza La Casa', a new Italian restaurant that happen to open up a few days ago, Tom and Dana insisted of paying the full price of the evening.

The blonde female waitress with her hair tied up into a low pony tail had led us to a five seated table near the window. Some of her blonde strands flowing out of place. Her blue eyes met Chase and Luke's and immediately, her attitude and personality had changed - it changed like a flirty prostitute.

"What can I get you boys today?" She asks Luke and Chase in a high pitched voice while batting her eyelashes.

Could she get any more obvious?

"Not you." Chase whispered beneath a fake cough, but visible enough for the waitress to hear. I snicker silently at her expression; oh God, I wish i could have gotten a photo.

"What about you? May I get you anything?" She turns her full attention to Luke, not so flirtatiously but still very obvious.

"Can I get a slice of pepperoni pizza and your number?" Luke replies in a smirk, the waitress nodding while she jots down the things he wishes for.

Luke's parents did not look one bit pleased with his choice. I bet they knew about Ellie. Is this how Luke treats himself? He throws himself at other girls hoping to find a replacement for Ellie?

Once the waitress had left with all our orders written down, it was just quality time with the Cole family and I.

"So, Isabelle, sweetheart. What do your parents work as?" Dana asks as she places her chin on her hand.

"My mother owns a lovley café near our neighbourhood while my father is... unemployeed."

"Why is he unemployed? Men should always make a living for his family." Tom swings an arm around Dana, his eyes kept on me.

Okay, this topic is very sensitive for me.

"My father is unemployeed because his... in prision." I managed to let out a breath or two, Tom and Dana looking shocked while Luke and Chase saw it coming.

"Why?" Tom pushes to continue until Dana hits him with her arm in the stomach.

"I'm so sorry, Isabelle. We didn't mean-"

"It's okay." I weakly smile. I loved my dad and I know what he did was wrong, but hey. Everyone makes wrong choices in their lives, right?

He only stole money just to help us keep a roof under our heads and set food on our table. It was wrong, but he was just trying to be a father, I guess.

"What about siblings? Do you have any siblings, Isabelle?" Dana was always the ones to ask the questions.

"Yeah. I have a 21 year old brother, Michael. He's a professional boxing trainer in California." I answer proudly, Michael had been so focused in his life, I was certainly proud of him.

"Woah, lookey here." Luke suddenly speaks out of nowhere, "Miss goodey-too-shoes having an older brother who is a boxer. What a twist. Michael might want to teach me some moves for boxing one day. It would be good to use on someone."

"Luke." Tom warns his son. His brown eyes locked into Luke's green ones in a serious manner.

"I'm just saying, Tom. Boxing would be great for me to use against someone I know."Luke was obviously hinting something, and I'm 98% sure that it was about Dean, Hunter and Bryce. But does Tom and Dana know about them? It sure sounds like it.

"You know what? Let's not speak of this tonight. We have Isabelle as a guest; we don't need to be talking about your past life, Luke." Dana sighs heavily before scruffing her brown curly hair.

"Dana, you do kno-"

"Excuse me?" Dana raises an eyebrow, "What did you call me, Luke?"

I'm guessing that Dana isn't fond of her sons calling her by her name... Tom wouldn't mind, perhaps, but of course, every mother would love to be called 'mum' as a sign of respect from their children... even if they didn't biologically belong to you.

"I told you to call me mu-"

"Well you're not my mum, okay?!" Luke shoots up from the table, his hands slap flat on the wooden table as he eyed Dana, "My mum died. Okay? She died. And I'm not calling anyone else 'mum' except for her. No one could replace her, not even you. Dana."

My body slightly shifted under Chase's arm.

"Luke. Sit your fucking ass down." Chase was stepping in now, he tried taking charge once he knew it was going a bit too far. Dana had a horrid expression plastered on her face while Tom's fist was curled up into a ball.

"You can't fucking treat me like shit." Luke continues his rant on Dana and Tom, "You left me in jail to rot for a whole god damn year. My real mum wouldn't have."

Our table was starting to attract other attention from people around the building, but that didn't stop Luke,

Tom stands from his position as he layed a hand on his son's shoulder, "Luke, sit down. Ellie wouldn't be happy if you kept-"

"Don't you dare fucking bring Ellie into this conversation." he growls. My stomach starts to twist.

"You know what?" Dana cuts through silencing everyone, "If it wasn't for your rude and obnoxious behaviour, Ellie would have still lived. But no. Luke, you had to keep hanging out with those criminals friends of yours and watch the one person in your life die in front of your eyes."

I gasp, and so did everyone else. I was never expecting that topic to happen, nor did I wish for it to happen. Dana just ended the whole conversation.

In an instant when those words left her parted lips, she immedieately slapped over a hand over her mouth as a sign of regret. Why would she say that if she knew that it was a sensitive topic for Luke?

Luke remained frozen. It's like all the colour from his face had drained in depress.

"I'm leaving." Luke took the napkin that he was tightly gripping before slamming it onto the table and exited the restaurant without further hesitation. And it was more sad because... no one stopped him.

________________________________

A/N: Okay here, it goes into more depth of how Luke feels for Ellie and how the Cole family kind of works. This is just the beginning for the unsolved mystery of Ellie's death.

Comment your thoughts :)

Vote for a faster update :)

Promote if you'd like :)

Thank you for reading x.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
478K 16.2K 48
[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoying elder brother and a family that loved...
98.5K 3.6K 32
I saw his sad eyes and I noticed that he had a broken heart. He wasn't a heartless monster just like everyone claimed he was. If you look closer you...