Makeup S.M.

By mendesme

Reese has nothing other than makeup to comfort her. Knowing that under the lairs of makeup no one can see how... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Four
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine - The Wedding
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty Nine
Chapter Ninty
Chapter Ninty One
Chapter Ninty Two
Chapter Ninty Three
Chapter Ninty Four
Chapter Ninty Five
Chapter Nint Six
Chapter Ninty Seven
Chapter Ninty Eight
Chapter Ninty Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred and One
Chapter One Hundred and Two
Chapter One Hundred and Three
Chapter One Hundred and Four
Chapter One Hundred and Five
Chapter one Hundred and Six
Chapter One Hundred and Seven
Chapter One Hundred and Eight
Chapter One Hundred and Nine
Chapter One Hundred and Ten
Chapter One Hundred and Eleven
Chapter One Hundred & Twelve
Chapter One Hundred & Thirteen
Chapter One Hundred & Fourteen
Chapter One Hundred & Fifteen
Chapter One Hundred & Sixteen
Chapter One Hundred & Seventeen
Chapter One Hundred & Eighteen
Chapter One Hindred & Nineteen
Chapter One Hundred & Twenty
Chapter One Hundred & Twenty-One
Authors Note

Chapter Forty

262 8 1
By mendesme

May thirty first

"Shawn," I whisper as he lay asleep next to me.

"Hmm?" He blinks turning to me.

"Shawn?" I whisper again.

"Is something wrong babe?" He looks at me weird.

"My water just broke," I whisper again, which is enough to get him up and out of bed.

"What do you need?" He's quick to kneel next to me.

"I don't know I've never done this before either," I throw my hands up. Sitting on the edge of the bed.  

"Hospital?" He bites his lip.

"Probably," I nod standing slowly trying to keep myself calm. The first contraction hits and both Shawn and I are on the floor.

"Breath darling breath," he grabs my hands kissing my forehead. I sigh as it blows over but not after any longer than three minutes. "Ian!" Shawn yells after calling his parents. It is five in the morning. "We're going to the hospital," he helps me down the stairs.

"Thank you for doing this," I kiss his cheek.

"For doing what?" He looks at me weird while getting me my jacket.

"Everything," I sigh holding my stomach and leaning against the door. His hand run over my arms and down my back before digging into my lower back. He continues the process until the contraction blows over.

"You and Adam are my babies and I would do anything for you two," he smiles and helps me into the back of the car.

"I'll drive," Ian nods at him walking out.

"Where's my bag?" I gasp.

"It's in the trunk baby," he kisses my neck. "You ok?" He touches my stomach gently and I hiss. "Ok," he chuckles moving his hands.

"I'm sorry Shawn," I pout. "It just hurts,"

"I know princess," he runs his hand over my back. "I know," he nods. "Short breaths," he nods breathing with me as he wants me to breath. "Good baby we're almost there," he reassures. We drive to the Toronto hospital. It is a little farther, in fact close to an hour away but it was my decision and I wanted this.

"My god," I groan leaning backwards. He sits behind me letting me lay my body against his. I lift my shirt looking at my bump. "I can't wait to meet him," I whisper trying to hide my pain with excitement. "He'll be here soon,"

"He will be won't he," Shawn smiles kissing my cheek as we pull up to the hospital. We get out of the car walking in and to the maternity section as we've practiced many time.

"Reese back again," she smiles.

"Mhm," I nod trying to smile back. Shawn holds me up so I don't fall to the floor.

"Follow me," she gives me a wheelchair so I no longer have to walk. Shawn sets me down in it and pushes me to where the nurse is. Ian requested to stay in the waiting room and told us he'll send Shawn's family up when they get here.  "You'll have a nurse in soon. Do you know approximately how long you've been in labour?" She sets blankets up on the bed for me.

"An hour?" I look at Shawn. "Hour and a half," I nod as does he.

"Alright thanks," she nods walking out. "In the meantime why don't you try and get some sleep or something you'll need energy for the birth." She nods standing at the door. I nod back grabbing Shawn's hands.

"You want an epidural?" He laces our fingers together.

"No, I won't drug our baby," I scoff.

"Alright love, hang in there." He mumbles kissing my forehead.

"Hello I will be your delivery nurse," she smiles.

"And you know me," our midwife smile.

"Ok so on a scale from one to ten right now what are we feeling?" They point to the scale thing on the wall with different facial expressions numbered from one to ten.

"What do you think you're at darling?" She runs his hands over my back.

"Five six," I shrug looking.

"Ok," she nods scribbling on a price of paper. "Alright so do you want an epidural?" She looks at me as I shake my head. Shawn and I had done some research on childbirth and the labour. We learned a lot of things about what and how this will happen. "Alright so right here we've got the gas," she hands it to me. "It's not something you have to use but it might help with the pain." She smiles slightly handing it to me. "We'll be back soon to check you," she nods. I wear a nightgown as I have done every night for the past two weeks in preparation for Adams arrival.

"He's almost here," Shawn whispers.

"Almost," I respond simply taking in some of the gas.

"We're here," his parents walk through the door. "Have we missed anything?" They walk to the side as Shawn attempts preparing me for my neck contraction barely acknowledging his parents. I take a deep breath and a larger one of the gas as the contraction hits. My one hand squeezes Shawn and I hold my breath.

"Don't hold your breath princess." He whispers in my ear. I breath out and wait for it to pass. "No you haven't missed anything," he answers his parents' question.

"How you feeling?" His dad walks up to me.

"Labour is hard," his moms walks over as well. "But when there's someone with you through it," she looks at Shawn while his dad wraps an arm around her. "It's not as bad," she smiles.

"We'll go wait out in the waiting room with Aaliyah and Ian," his dad leads her out as I inhale more gas. The nurse walks in along with our midwife who shows Shawn some things while the doctor checks me.

"You're at about three cm." she nods.

"How long could this labour go?" I ask already feeling tired.

"It can go for a while and the birthing takes time too but in the end it's all worth it. Believe me." She nods smiling.

"You have kids?" I smile inhaling the gas.

"I have two little kids. They're both a year old, twins a little boy and my baby girl." She nods. "Their labour was terrible but in the end you get something unbelievable so it's worth it."

"You alright love," Shawn speaks to me trying to get my focus off of the upcoming contraction.

"Mhm," I nod taking in the gas again.

"I can't wait to meet him," he smiles tracing shapes on my back. "He'll be here soon," he whispers kissing my neck.

"And when he gets here it won't be soon enough," I whine and he chuckles kissing my cheek.

"I'm sorry about this baby, if I could take the pain you know I would," he plants a kiss on my shoulder.

"I'm alright," I sigh taking in some more of the gas.

"Alright so we're gonna check again," the nurse walks back checking the clipboard she left on the table by the bed. I nod simply feeling another contraction. "Almost five but you're still at four." She nods. "We'd like it if you could get up and walk around, it might help speed up the birth." My face drops and Shawn tries to restrain his laughter.

"Come on love I'll help you. Well go see my family and Ian in the waiting room." He smiles reassuringly grabbing for my hands.

"Thank you," I whisper trying to stand. He nods simply as I wrap an arm around his waist waddling uncomfortably out of the room. The midwife follows making sure nothing goes wrong as she wheels a wheelchair as well.

"So have you two planned for after he's born?" Kathy or midwife smiles.

"Not too much," Shawn responds giving me time to focus on walking.

"Well I'll be with you for a little less than a month after just checking in to make sure that you've got everything under control and if there's anything you need to learn I'll help you," she smiles. "Will you be breast feeding?"

"Yeah," I nod as we enter the elevator.

"Breath princess," Shawn speaks delicately as my next contraction hits. I let out a long breath along with a groan from the pain.

"I'll be teaching you how to do that," she nods after the contraction passes.

"Reese," Ian stands and so do the rest of them. "Why are you here?" He looks at me as if I were stupid.

"They said it could help with the labour," I breath out. Crouching down on the floor as another contraction comes. Shawn holds my hands in his crouching in front of me like support as the Kathy lessens the tension in my back. It is currently noon.

"You're doing great babe," Shawn reassures helping me up. "It'll be over soon,"

"Are you ok?" His mom gives me a look of sympathy.

"This is so difficult." I groan. "But I'm ok," I nod giving her a small smile.

"You be nice to her, and careful too, she's going through a lot of pain right now and it's your fault." She pokes Shawn's chest and he laughs.

"I'm not gonna leave her side," he smiles. I kiss his lips gently as smile trying to distract myself from the contraction. "Breath," he whispers pulling away. I nod taking in deep breaths trying to to scream. "Let's get you back up," he stands behind me letting my hands fall into his as he walks with me as if I were a child.

"Oh good you're back," she smiles walking in at about the same time as us. "Five cm now half way there," she nods. I nod also inhaling a little bit of the gas. Shawn smiles at me and then giggles.

"You're so cute," he chuckles. "That gas is he only thing getting you through this labour isn't it?" He brushes my hair back.

"Kinda," I nod making him smile again. "Baby it hurts," I lean back against the bed as the next contraction falls over.

"I know princess, I'm sorry," he kisses my cheek.

"Ugh," I groan. I take in the gas wanting nothing more than to scream from the pain I feel.

"Almost princess you are so close," he sighs kissing my neck.

"Alright I'll check again," the contractions have gotten closer together. "Seven cm," she nods. "Three more and you can push," she smiles.

"Ugh," I groan loudly arching my back in pain sucking in some of the gas before groaning again. "Uhh!" We sit waiting as the contractions move to two minutes apart and soon one.

"Alright Reese," the doctor nods at me.

"Princess I know it hurts," Shawn whispers in my ear at my groan. "But you've gotta calm down now ok, it's time for him to come," he kisses my forehead. I nod simply breathing out loudly and taking in some of the gas.

"Shawn you wanna hold one of her legs back?" Kathy asks him and he nods taking it in his hands as I feel even more discomfort.

"Ok Reese," she holds my other leg. "I need you to push on the count of three," she explains and I nod trying to prepare myself. "On the count of three you've gotta push ok, push until I tell you to stop," I nod my head yet again trying to prepare myself. "One," she looks at me and I nod as does she. "Two," I take a deep breath. "Three," I push with everything I can trying to get over with the pains of my labour. "Good, good," she nods. "I can see the head. Go again," she nods again. "One, two, three," I push again feeling some terrible pain in my core and the tension relieving in my back.

"You're doing great princess, he's almost here," he kisses my neck and I nod.

"One," she in forms. "Two, three," I breath out and push with all of my force.

"Shawn look," Kathy smiles at him. Tears well in his eyes as he looks at me.

"Oh princess," he looks at me with a smile. "He's here," he lets a tear slip as the nurse tell me I can stop pushing. He is rushed out of the room because just as predicted her isn't breathing.

"He's here," I kiss him through tears and he smiles.

"I'm gonna go get my parents," he smiles at me. "I'm so proud of you princess," he kisses my forehead before walking out. I lay back on the bed.

"You can change if you'd like and then go sit they're gonna bring him back in once he's stable," she smiles before walking out. I nod and stand slowly taking the bag I have and changing into some sweats and one of Shawn's shirts as I'd often wear.

"I'm back darling," Shawn smiles wiping his cheeks.

"They're gonna bring him back to see us once he's stable." I inform.

"He's a beautiful little boy," Shawn informs. "You brought a beautiful little baby into this world princess and I've never been more proud." He kisses my forehead.

"That was the worst pain I've ever felt," I groan. "Seventeen hours and forty five minutes yet still I don't get to see him," I huff making Shawn smile.

"You'll see him any minute now." He kisses my forehead again.

"He's here," Kathy beams. He has multiple tubes in him and a splint on his little arm.

"Hi baby," they place him in my arms. "He's so small," I look up at Shawn.

"He's tiny," he responds.

"No son of yours, you're huge," I giggle and he smiles. I kiss Adams small forehead.

"Shawn if we get you into this chair you can hold him too." She leads him over. Before taking him from me to give to Shawn. "Are you still planning on breastfeeding?"

"Yeah I will," I look at the little boy in Shawn's arms. "I'll do anything for him," I whisper.

"Alright Shawn we have to get him back," he smiles. Shawn kisses his forehead before she takes him away.

"Bye baby," I whisper and they take him away.

"Come here," he looks at my sad expression.

"They took him," I cry on his chest. "They just took him away from us."

"They took him to get better princess we'll see him again soon." He kisses my forehead. "What's really important is that our baby boy is here and healthy." He kisses me.

"This is why I love you so much," I sigh cuddling him.

"I love you too princess." He smiles.

A/N

I know Adam was technically born in 2017 but can we just like pretend it's still 2016 so I don't have to estimate on what Shawn's gonna do next year then have it be completely inaccurate. On everything that says his birthday it'll say may 31 2017 but we are just pretending that him and Reese are still only eighteen. Thanks for your support and cooperation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 5K 29
"Things don't always go as planned in life, and that is okay." - Flowerboy sequel.
1.6M 35K 54
When Megan is asked to babysit new neighbors that have just moved in next door, some things happen that she would never imagine. P.S. I wrote this in...
126K 2.9K 24
In which a Central American exchange student has never touched snow (although it is on her bucket list) and her Canadian classmate really wants to go...
2.8M 90.2K 26
Reese has always dreamed of being a YouTube star, but all she's done is make rant videos that she never posts. So when her younger sister finds them...