Outcast- Adopted By Fifth Har...

By Living-Thoughts

Spencer Johnson. A 7 year old girl with a heartbreaking past. Her parents died when she was 4 and has been li... More

Late Night Walks
The Party
Cleaned Up
Don't You Dare
Spencer
Now What?
Anger
Decisions
Home Part 1
Home Part 2
Home Part 3
Getting Ready For the Arrival and Some Serious Feels
Hospital
Waking Up
Coming Home For the First Time
Apologies
Trouble and Movie Nights
Nightmares
Bonding
Pranks Gone Wrong
Black Out
The Phone Call
Over My Dead Body
I Want To Go Back Home
Final Goodbyes
I Made A Mistake
Heartache
Personal Driver
Who?
The Truth
A/N
My BabyGirl
Almost There
A/N
Reunited
I Love You
Adoption
Peter Pan
Removal
Public
New Room
Sick Days
Interview
Tea & Tears
Babysitter
New York City
Ally's Day
Camila's Day
Normani's Day
Dinah's Day
Lauren's Day
Birthday Surprise Part 1
Flashing Lights (Bonus Chapter)

Babysitter Part 2

1.2K 21 5
By Living-Thoughts

Demi's P.O.V.

It's been three days since the girls had to fly out for the emergency with their music team. They plan on coming back tonight but knowing management they might be longer. Which breaks my heart because I know Spencer misses them but she won't give up her stubborn act. She's been playing cool but I can tell. She seems off when you ask her questions or try and get her attention. I just wish she would call them, especially Camila. She is absolutely heart broken. Knowing that you're daughter hates you..... might pull at some heart strings and definitely some emotions.

"Spencer can you at least talk to Ally." I handed over the phone and she gave me a look before slowly but surely taking the phone, placing it up to her ear.

"Hey Allycat." I heard a small squeal on the other end of the phone and smiled to myself. That only took three days.

A couple minutes later Spencer walked into the kitchen placing my phone on the counter. I took my eyes away from my laptop and saw Spencer's lip quiver and tears spring to her eyes. Before I could register she burst into tears.

I shot up out of the chair rushing over. I let her collapse into my arms while I rubbed her back. "What happened honey?" She cried harder into my shoulder but I just held her close with my arms wrapped around her small frame.

Her head lifted off my shoulder slightly allowing her to talk. "Their n-not c-coming b-back." We both sank to the floor but I quickly pulled her into my lap allowing her to cry. "What do you mean. Of course they are." I was slightly confused because I don't remember Ally saying anything about staying longer but I wouldn't be surprised.

"T-they c-can't come h-home. They have t-to be t-there for a-another couple o-of d-days." I felt so bad for Spencer. This was all so sudden and now they won't be back for another couple of days. I can't imagine the feeling.

"Just breathe honey. It's okay. I'm right here sweetie." I whispered sweet nothings in her ear while she cried in my arms. "I feel so b-bad." She hiccuped letting her tears fall.

"About what honey?" I ran my hand over her hair pushing it behind her ears. "For b-being s-so mean." She let out a sigh as I rocked her back and forth.

I didn't say anything else just let her cry in my arms for a little longer. She's such a beautiful little girl and I hate seeing her so upset. Then an idea hit.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." I lifted us both off the floor leaving the kitchen and up the stairs. She didn't try to fight or protest. Her body was limp in my arms while I carried her up the stairs. I turned the light switch on to her room walking over and slowly placing her in the sheets.

In the light you could see how much of a toll this is taking. Her eyes were red and puffy. Her breathing was unsteady and she looking absolutely drained from all the crying. "Get some sleep mija. Call me if you need anything." She barely nodded and closed her eyes.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek before getting up, turning the light off and leaving the door open a crack. I raced down the stairs on a search for my phone.

It was still on the counter where Spencer left it. When I opened it I had a couple of missed messages from the girls. They all read how they had to stay a couple extra days because of complications. Which I figured. This business can take a toll on you.

With the girls being so far and seeing how upset Spencer is, I knew I had to think of something. So without hesitation I called the first place that popped into my head.

"Hello, I would like 2 plane tickets to New York City please."

__________________________

Spencer's P.O.V.

After hearing Ally say they had to stay for a extra couple days a wave of regret hit me. My anger got the best of me and I didn't think about what the girls were going through. I feel so bad for ignoring Camila. Demi was right it wasn't their fault but I made them think it was and that makes me such a horrible person. So when Demi told me she got 2 plane tickets to New York City I was speechless because I could actually say I'm sorry in person and make it up to them.

We had to leave for the airport around dinner time so we grabbed something on the road making our way to the airport. I never actually told Demi I had a terrible fear of flying but if this is what I had to do to see the girls then I'm down for anything.

__________

"Come on Spence! We need to check in." My eyes flew towards Demi who was standing at the hotels front desk. We got to New York about 2 hours ago and it was 2:00 in the damn morning. My eyes were heavy and my movements were sluggish. I was tired and the whole plane experience wasn't helping. I was exhausted.

"Coming." I made my way over from the couch I was siting in. Demi took my hand leading us to the elevators. "I was thinking we could surprise the girls tomorrow at the studio. I called Simon yesterday and he told me where they would be." I smiled nodding my head. "Sounds good."

I let out a huge yawn nearly falling over. "Someone's tired. Come here sleepy head." Demi lifted me up into her arms letting me slump up against her body. Seconds later I felt my eyes grow heavy and I let myself be consumed with darkness.

__________

"Wake up Spence." A pair of hands shook me awake making me mumble. "No. It's warm." I nuzzled my head in the sheets, snuggling into the warmth.

Suddenly the blankets were ripped off making me jump and start shivering. "Demi!" She smirked holding the sheets in her hands. "Wake up darling. We have a busy day." With that she dropped the sheets on the floor leaving me exposed to the cold air of the bedroom. "I'm up. I'm up." I rolled over off the bed stretching out my arms. I noticed the blinds were open sending a small amount of sunlight shine through. I walked over and my breath was taken away.

The skyline of New York was right outside the window and it was gorgeous. The buildings were so tall and the sounds reminded me of Toronto almost. Kinda made me a little homesick.

"Spence? You alright darling?" I felt Demi's hand on my shoulder. I turned smiling at her. "I'm fine. I just miss the girls... a lot." Demi frowned. "I know but you will see them soon. I promise."

___________

This was it. After Demi and I had breakfast I got dressed for the day and made Demi do my hair. It was in a messy braid that danced around my waist. We made our way out of the hotel and into a cab that took us to a tall building with about a million windows. The paparazzi were everywhere snapping countless pictures.

"Hold onto my hand. Don't let go." Demi squeezed my hand before opening the door revealing a dozen flashing lights. If it was night time I would have been blinded from all the lights but luckily for us it wasn't. I held onto Demi's hand for dear life as we made our way through the crowds of fans and cameras.

I let out a breath of relief when we made it inside and I felt like I could actually breathe again. "Look at me Spencer. You alright?" Demi's eyes flashed concern. I let out a shaky breath. "I'm still not used to it yet. But I'm fine." I didn't let go of Demi's hand which I'm assuming she didn't mind because she never made the effort to let go either.

We took a long hallway to the other end of the building then up the elevator. Demi and I got countless looks and whispers but not once did I look back. I kept my eyes forward. The whole situation was making me a little anxious.

"We're almost there." We met a gentleman in a suit and tie who said his name was John. He lead us to the room where the girls have been for the past couple of days, working on music. Without a doubt they were in their when I heard muffled voices on the other side. John opened the door revealing a room with sound boards and a glass window. Behind the window was them.

The girls. They all looked tired but they were all singing their hearts out. I caught a glimpse of Camila and guilt washed over me. The dark circles under her eyes showed she hadn't slept in days. Her hair was a mess and she looked absolutely drained of colour and energy. I did that. I'm the reason for making her feel that way. I'm such a horrible person.

"Come on darling." Demi lead me over to one of the chairs placing me on her lap. She smiled at the sound guys who let us sit. I watched as all the girls sang with passion and love. "Their amazing." I whispered into Demi's ear who giggled. "They sure are." I sat in shock when they sang. But the only thing I wanted was to see their faces when they saw me and to say I'm sorry for what I did.

"That was amazing ladies. Take 5." With that the girls pulled their headphones off their ears talking among themselves. I suppose the glass is only one way because they hadn't noticed me. I sat up jumping off Demi's lap. Just then the door to the booth opened and out came four out of the five girls.

"I know that was-" Lauren stopped dead in her tracks, eyes wide. "SPENCER!" Before I could say hi Lauren bolted over scooping me up squeezing me in her arms. "I missed you so much! Oh my god! I can't believe you're here!" I heard her sob but I was taken away from her arms, being wrapped in another persons. I automatically knew the sent and it was Normani. "Bug! I can't believe you're here! I missed you so much, you have no idea!" I squeezed her tight wrapping my arms around her neck.

Again I was ripped away from Normani and smushed up against another persons body. It was Dinah. "WE ARE NEVER LEAVING WITHOUT YOU AGAIN!" She kissed my cheeks repeatedly making me laugh. "I. Missed. You. So. Damn. Much."

"Dinah! I want to hug her!" I heard Ally whine making me look down at her. I smiled jumping into her arms wrapping my legs around her waist. "Gosh Spence...I missed you!" I nuzzled my head in her neck taking in every moment. But I realized I hadn't seen or heard Camila yet. I pulled away looking at the rest of the girls who still had shocked faces. "Where's Cam?" They all turned towards the booth.

I followed their eyes looking into the booth. Camila was siting on a stool looking at her phone crying. "What is she doing?" Ally put me down but Lauren was quick to pull me back in her arms again. "She usually waits in the booth until we start again. She thinks the faster we finish the faster we can go home and see you." Again the same feeling of guilt played at my heart strings. "Can I go talk to her?"

They all nodded before taking their time giving me countless kisses and hugs. I guess they missed me just as much as I missed them. I stopped right in front of the door looking back at four incredible girls. "I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean to make you all hurt. I love you guys so much and I'm so sorry." I looked down at my shoes feeling my heart grow heavy. Four pairs of footsteps made their way over leaning down in front of me. Lauren tilted my chin up making me look at all of them. "We understand princess, it's okay. We love you more then you know." I jumped into all their arms giving them a squeeze. "Thank you." With that I turned facing the door, opening it.

I walked into the booth slowly being careful not to make to much noise. I stood in the doorway listening to the video Camila was watching.

"Come on Spence! Smile for the camera." Camila smiled wiping at her eyes. "But Cam! I look silly." She laughed at her screen but it was half hearted. "You look beautiful! Now give me a smile." I recognized the video. It was a couple of days before they left. Camila was trying out hairstyles and the final product was horrible. My hair was sticking out everywhere with beads, ponytails and hairspray. I was a mess but it was funny. At least for her.

The video ended and Camila placed her hand over her mouth holding in her cries. She squeezed her eyes shut letting tears fall. I took this as my opportunity and walked over placing my hand on hers. She was startled and her eyes shot open.

"Surprise." She gasped jumping off the stool. "SPENCER!" She leaned down wrapping her arms around my body bringing me in for a bone crushing hug. I squeezed her tight resting my head on her shoulder. We both lost our balance falling to the floor but Camila made no effort to let go. I was on top of her as we laid on the floor. She was balling in my shoulder but her grip never loosened. "I'm so sorry Camila. I'm such a terrible person for making you think I hate you. I'm so sorry for ignoring you. I'm so sorry for making you think it's your fault. I'm so sorry for everything." I felt her squeeze me tighter if that's even possible.

"No. I'm sorry." Her grip let up and her puffy, red, tired eyes opened showing all the emotions she was feeling. "I made a promise and I broke it. I made you feel unwanted and unappreciated. Never again baby girl. Never again." She lifted us both up in an upright position placing me in her lap. "I can't believe you're here. I missed you so much. I counted down the seconds." I smiled wiping the tears on her cheeks.

"I missed you too." She gave me a goofy smile bringing me in for another hug.

"How did you even get here?" I smirked. "Demi and a plane." Her mouth hung open. "Demi! You got on a plane with Demi and flew all the way to New York?" I smiled. "Of course. But Demi is the one who had the idea."

"Aren't I just the best?" Demi's voice came over the speakers in the booth making Camila and I both jump. We both laughed. "Best babysitter ever." Camila's playful laugh echoed through the small room. "God I missed you." I leaned my head back on her chest not making an effort to get up. Camila did the same as she had her arms protectively wrapped around me.

"Are you done yet? We want Spencer hugs!" Ally whined over the microphone making me giggle. "I'm not ready to get up yet." Her grip tightened.

"Come on Cam. They need some love too." That made her pout. "But I want all the love." I rolled my eyes. "Come on goofball." I made my way to my feet only to see Camila had done the same but she just picked me up placing me on her hip. "I suppose I could share."

Camila lead us out of the small room only to be met with four girls with tears running down their faces. "Don't cry." They all broke, wrapping Camila and I in a huge bear hug.

"Do I get some love?" We all turned towards Demi who was frowning. "Get in her girl!" Dinah waved her over and Demi flew into the hug. "I love you guys."

"We love you too Spencer." No words could describe how I felt. Being surrounded by people who love you is absolutely precious. So never let go of what you have because you never know what could happen tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.7K 35
Note: This story is no longer being updated. There was an epilogue posted with a time jump, but that is it! Additionally, older chapters have not bee...
Island By Alone

Fanfiction

41.2K 1.8K 9
An inseparable group, fifth harmony, become torn apart after fame. Rumors, fans, and paparazzi's that are willing to destroy their reputations make t...
1.9K 23 31
I suck at descriptions sorry. Also trigger warning Allison has lived in Forever Together Home for girls since age 4. She's 14 now. 10 years since he...
16.7K 509 31
you are Ally's little sister, but you guys couldn't be more different. after she left to tour and live with her band, fifth harmony you started going...