Babysitter Part 2

Demi's P.O.V.

It's been three days since the girls had to fly out for the emergency with their music team. They plan on coming back tonight but knowing management they might be longer. Which breaks my heart because I know Spencer misses them but she won't give up her stubborn act. She's been playing cool but I can tell. She seems off when you ask her questions or try and get her attention. I just wish she would call them, especially Camila. She is absolutely heart broken. Knowing that you're daughter hates you..... might pull at some heart strings and definitely some emotions.

"Spencer can you at least talk to Ally." I handed over the phone and she gave me a look before slowly but surely taking the phone, placing it up to her ear.

"Hey Allycat." I heard a small squeal on the other end of the phone and smiled to myself. That only took three days.

A couple minutes later Spencer walked into the kitchen placing my phone on the counter. I took my eyes away from my laptop and saw Spencer's lip quiver and tears spring to her eyes. Before I could register she burst into tears.

I shot up out of the chair rushing over. I let her collapse into my arms while I rubbed her back. "What happened honey?" She cried harder into my shoulder but I just held her close with my arms wrapped around her small frame.

Her head lifted off my shoulder slightly allowing her to talk. "Their n-not c-coming b-back." We both sank to the floor but I quickly pulled her into my lap allowing her to cry. "What do you mean. Of course they are." I was slightly confused because I don't remember Ally saying anything about staying longer but I wouldn't be surprised.

"T-they c-can't come h-home. They have t-to be t-there for a-another couple o-of d-days." I felt so bad for Spencer. This was all so sudden and now they won't be back for another couple of days. I can't imagine the feeling.

"Just breathe honey. It's okay. I'm right here sweetie." I whispered sweet nothings in her ear while she cried in my arms. "I feel so b-bad." She hiccuped letting her tears fall.

"About what honey?" I ran my hand over her hair pushing it behind her ears. "For b-being s-so mean." She let out a sigh as I rocked her back and forth.

I didn't say anything else just let her cry in my arms for a little longer. She's such a beautiful little girl and I hate seeing her so upset. Then an idea hit.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." I lifted us both off the floor leaving the kitchen and up the stairs. She didn't try to fight or protest. Her body was limp in my arms while I carried her up the stairs. I turned the light switch on to her room walking over and slowly placing her in the sheets.

In the light you could see how much of a toll this is taking. Her eyes were red and puffy. Her breathing was unsteady and she looking absolutely drained from all the crying. "Get some sleep mija. Call me if you need anything." She barely nodded and closed her eyes.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek before getting up, turning the light off and leaving the door open a crack. I raced down the stairs on a search for my phone.

It was still on the counter where Spencer left it. When I opened it I had a couple of missed messages from the girls. They all read how they had to stay a couple extra days because of complications. Which I figured. This business can take a toll on you.

With the girls being so far and seeing how upset Spencer is, I knew I had to think of something. So without hesitation I called the first place that popped into my head.

"Hello, I would like 2 plane tickets to New York City please."

__________________________

Spencer's P.O.V.