You never know.... ( AMBW )

By luvneverminuteSJE

When Sierra was trying to put the past behind her..... But it found it's way back... Read to find out how. [... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not an update but list of characters
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Side story - Javon POV
I Wanna Say Thank You!!!!!
Javon POV side story part two...
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
OMG I can't believe it's been a year
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
I can't believe it / not a update
chapter 39
Chapter 40
cast visuals/ year two can't believe it again
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
year 3 ❤/ preview / new cast member visual
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
year 4 ❤ of my starting this book
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
Chapter 65
Celebrating my 5th year🎉🎉🎉
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Its the sixth year that I'm still writing this book ?
Chapter 68
* Author's note

Chapter 9

3.2K 180 156
By luvneverminuteSJE

Elsewhere ~

" I want you to move forward with the plans. You must go unnoticed . Report back to me soon and one more thing I expect good results ."

Meanwhile....

We all pull into the park with our whole group of cars causing people to stare. Getting out we set forth, unload them to set up everything.

Heading to the park area that was reserved for us. The men began to set up the extra tables and chairs. Then move on to set up the grills . Carrying the large coolers over were my cousin David and I . While Jasmine was helping my cousin Jayden with another one .

_____________

After everything was out of cars and set up, I search for Jasmine . When I spot her, she's playfully flirting with my cousin Jayden . Shaking my head a thought crossed my mind " This girl doesn't waste anytime, " as I approached them .

Sitting at the picnic table across from them, noticing my cousin Lauren hand in hand with some guy, maybe her boyfriend. Feeling kind of felt left out, I took out my phone seeing a message that was sent from Chan not too long ago .

It reads -

" Hello beautiful can we talk ? "

I message back -

" Not right now I'm kinda busy. "

I get startled a bit when my phone begins to ring. Staring at it for a sec then I finally decided to answer it.

" Hello, " I say noticing Jasmine looking over with an eyebrow raised.

" Hello, it's good to hear your voice, " he said sounding relieved.

" Yeah, "I said cause I didn't know what to say.

Just then a loud static came from the stereo equipment they were setting up. Which causes Aya who was nearby racing over with her ears covered. It must have scared her real bad from the way she clung to me. At that same moment my phone dropped instantly shattering the screen. Picking it up off the ground, checking to see if it still works it seemed okay. Then my uncle Brian announced the start of the games while passing out t shirts that read " Jones - Smith Family reunion 2016. "

" Everyone we're gonna start with the three legged race, " he said holding a jar shaking it from side to side.

" What's that for ? " a child asked that I didn't recognize maybe one of my older cousins kid.

" I'm glad you asked Shayden. We're gonna draw lots so everyone can pair up. So who wants to go first, " he said.

All the kids, well maybe the younger ones were excited " Me! Me! " they screamed with their hands in the air.

" Just so you know, I want the adults to participate in this too. So bring y'all asses over here ! " he said laughing hysterically at the look on their faces. With a few groans we head over.

After lots were drawn, let's just say some folks weren't too happy about they're selection. Meaning a certain person Lauren. She was pissed that I was paired with her boyfriend Rick. I could tell by the look on her face that she wanted to snatch some edges. I'm like " Calm down girl don't nobody want yo man " I stare back at her.

When everyone was set and in position. Feeling self conscious, I really didn't want to participate. But just went along with it by trying to keep an upbeat attitude. Looking around I spot Jasmine who was paired with Aya . Waving, I watched as they waved back with smiles on their faces. Then feeling uncomfortable again by having some guy I don't even know this close to me. All the while Lauren stood there shooting daggers. Not even paying attention to the little kid she had been paired with.

Couldn't she get it though her thick skull it's just a game and nothing more.

" Okay everybody ! Let's get this show on the road people ! "  Uncle Brian announced. Which gets some enthusiastic, unenthusiastic replies.

" Alright on your mark, get ready , set , go ! " he said in a booming voice. And the race was on ...

This is really difficult trying so hard not to fall. Seeing everyone else struggling but with smiles on their faces. Smiling myself, I give back my full attention and try to finish the race. Taking a unexpected misstep, feeling an arm wrap around my waist steadying me.

" Are you okay ? "  Rick asked  concerned.

" Yeah, "  I tell him slightly embarrassed.

" You sure ? "  he asked again .

" Yeah I am sure,"  I answered seeing as everyone had already passed us. " Well I guess we lost " face palming myself causing Rick to burst out laughing.

When he stops and asks " Well do wanna finish or not ? "

" Might as well, " I smiled back.

________________

After playing more family oriented games such as capture the flag, sack race for the kids , tag football played mostly with teenaged boys and some grown men. They played intensely having most of them shirtless. I noticed Jasmine watching from the side lines. As I sit in the safety of shelter where the picnic tables are. Feeling parched, on cue Rick came over handing me a drink.

" Why are you over here ? And not socializing with everyone else ? " he asked.

" You wouldn't understand, " I answered feeling irritated because it's really hot out.

After talking with him I started to feel at ease, I even laugh at a few jokes he told. Suddenly Lauren walks over grabbing Rick's hand telling us both " It's time to eat, " while eyeballing me. Rolling my eyes back, following them over to where the food was set out.

Standing in the line that was formed, when it's my turn Rick hands me a plate and utensils." Thanks, " I told him before placing food on my plate.

Later on....

After everyone's finished eating . The kids are playing on the other side of the park. I see Aya having the time her life sliding down the slide.

The adults were sitting around talking and playing cards. At some point alcoholic beverages were set out. Some started to drink a little too much, you could tell by their slurred speech. Especially Lauren, she needed to stop. Even though I can't stand her ass I was embarrassed for her. Hanging all over Rick like someone was gonna steal him from her.

" Wow! " I say aloud thinking that I'm saying it to myself .

" What was that ? " Lauren sauntered over to me with a glazed look in her eyes.

" Nothing, " I tell her knowing this isn't the end of what she has to say.

" I know you're not talking when we all know what you are ! Trying to play innocent but you're not ! " she sneered.

" What are you even talking about ? " I say walking away.

" You can never be as good as me, trying to take what's mine ! "  she yelled behind me drawing attention.

I was lost for words. " What is this bitch problem ? " I thought to myself.

" What ?! What?! You ain't got nothing to say! " she screamed with a wild look in her eyes.

Turning around I told her " Please as if I would bring myself down to you're level. Plus you're embarrassing yourself,  " thinking this is all so stupid.

" My level... You say I am not the one that had a child out of wedlock. And didn't even finish a good college wasting an scholarship. It's about the dumbest thing you could've done. You had options such as abortion ! " she stated drunkenly.

I've had enough of her bad mouthing me. So without thinking, I punched her dead in the mouth. 

Hearing multiple gasps, I walk off furious. Reaching the far side of the park, sitting down on a nearby bench. And putting my face in my hands. Shaking my head, feeling tears threatening to fall at the back of my eyes. When one escapes I quickly wiped it.

Looking up that's when I noticed a suspicious looking white man. He looks totally out of place dressed in a suit on such a hot day. Wiping my forehead, he started walking over to me and asks " Excuse me, Miss are you okay ? "

" I'm fine, " I say while thinking who is this guy ? Wishing he would go away cause I am still pissed off from the confrontation I just had.

" Okay, if you're sure, " he said walking away pulling out his phone and talking to I don't care who as he leaves my sight.

Suddenly Jasmine comes running over, " Girl you have yo family in a uproar ! " she exclaimed.

" I don't care they can say whatever they want, " I told her angrily.

" No not because of you . Yo cousin Lauren got chewed out by her mom and her boyfriend just walked off leaving her. Girl it was funny as hell, you know if you didn't punch her ass, I would've done it sooner or later, " she laughed.

At that same moment....

Someone's checking their email for the one that they have been waiting on for days. Opening it, reading it then slowly leaning back in their chair as a smirk forms across their face.

Another chapter done ! 🙌
Sorry if there's any errors I'll fix them later .
Thanks for reading ! 😉
And as always please don't forget to vote , comment and share . 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 5.7K 32
A cloud covers her eyes as the anger takes over her. I grab her wrists and push her up against the cold wall behind her. I grab her jaw a little too...
2.8K 760 49
All of Youngjae's life, he has always felt out of place and didn't know why. One day when he was out with his older brother, coming home from school...
3.4K 98 20
‼️WARNING‼️ This does contain inappropriate language, content, and much more. This is meant to be 18+!! So, if you're not 18 or more and still read t...
567K 10.8K 138
this book is completed but i have another one :)