The Infected

By GirLegend99

Danger surrounds every part of the world now. Humans are scared to leave their hideouts. There are a few supp... More

Warning!
Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
Awards and Announcement
Sequel
Zombies vol2
Nothing Ever Stays Dead

Chapter 49

22.9K 1K 1K
By GirLegend99

~•~ Chapter 49 ~•~

I didn't think I could reach my room without falling on the floor since my body ached terribly. I thankfully didn't see any of the rest of the boys in front of me, and nor did the strangers say anything when they saw us walk down the hallway side by side.

When I opened the door, a large wave of relief took over me. I stepped inside the dark room and lit up the small lamp next to my bed, creating a soft aura. The door closing behind me made me turn my head, only to see that Harry had stepped in and didn't leave like I thought he would.

“Lay down, you had enough.” He said cooly, voice deeper.

“I will,” I sighed, taking a seat on the bed. I took my shoes off and placed them next to my dresser. “You don't have to babysit me.” I huffed, teasing him.

“Babysitting would sound wrong,” he snorted, leaning his back against the door, hands on his hips. “Taking care of you would be better.”

“I'm okay, really,” I muttered, looking up at him. “I just need rest. A lot of rest.”

“You'll have it.” he nodded. “Get changed and sleep.” he urged, moving his hand. “And about earlier..”

“Oh please no, I seriously don't wanna talk about it.” I shook my head, raising my hand.

“You were good, Claire. Really.” he insisted, green eyes growing darker.

“Why didn't you want to hit me?” I asked, raising my brow.

He bit his lower lip. “I don't like beating women.” he shrugged, chuckling.

“Not buying it.” I said, making him raise both brows. “I could see it in your eyes..you were thinking about something..” I pointed at him.

“Like what?” he cocked his head to the side.

“I don't know, you tell me.”

He chuckled, looking at me in a hint of amusement. “Claire, I knew that if I hurt you like I would hurt a guy, you would end up in the recovery room, and you were already too injured for more stitches.” He said casually.

“Is it really that?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

He pulled his lips into his mouth, emerald green eyes watching me intently. “Mostly.” he muttered.

I knew he didn't want to admit he cared too much to hurt me like he should, but seeing him like that made my heart skip a beat.

“Hm. Alright then,” I sighed, patting my thighs. “Thanks again for..before.” I said awkwardly.

He nodded, gaze falling on the floor. “Yeah, no problem.” he murmured.

Awkward silence fell over us for a few seconds that made my stomach knot. I hate when we are like this. It's like the intensity in the air eats me alive.

“Did you tell your boyfriend about us?” he shocked me by asking.

I gave him a strange look, although he was staring at the floor. “My boyfriend?” I repeated. About us? Why do we have to talk about this right now? Nervoussness creaped up inside of me and the bed suddenly felt really stiff and uncomfortable.

“Thomas,” he said flatly, eyes not meeting mine. “Did you tell him?” he asked, voice controlled and low, almost sarcastic.

Thomas?

I blinked, shocked and confused and amused. Did he really think me and Thomas were together? I held back a laugh and fought the grin that wanted to appear.

“Um, I,” I chuckled, shaking my head. “Thomas and I..we're not together.” I said, moving my hands on my lap.

His eyes flicked to mine, serious. My stomach tightened even more. “You're not?”

“No, we're just friends. Why did you even think Thomas and I were dating?” I asked, knowing that he has been jealous of Thomas a lot of times, even though there's no chance for him to ever admit it.

He shrugged and he rolled his scrunched lips, eyes moving to the floor for a second before reconnecting with mine. “You two have been really..close,” he cleared his throat. “You looked like a couple.”

I shifted and tried to get my body comfortable on that bed. “Really? I didn't know.” I lied, shaking my head.

He stared at me through slightly narrowed eyes. “Yeah, I'm sure you didn't.” he said sarcastically, making heat rise to my cheeks. He knows when I'm lying. That's embarassing. “But there's obviously something going on between you two, huh?” he asked, raising his chin.

“I don't think so,” I said lowly, running a hand through my hair awkwardly. I swear, this bed had never been more uncomfortable. The tension was really serious and heavy. The fact that the man that I started having feelings for asked me about another guy made me wanna blush and turn small so he couldn't see me.

“I don't see Thomas as a flirt, nor a guy I want to be with in a relationship. I'm not attracted to him.” I stated, something twisting inside my gut. Oh my God. Did I really say that?

He raised his brow. “Is that so?” he said slowly. “So that means you're attracted to someone else.” He said, a hint of tease in his deep voice.

Ah shit. I bit my lower lip. I couldn't get things screwed up even worse. I grabbed my pillow and placed it on my lap before entwining my hands, my elbows on the soft pillow. “Maybe.” I muttered.

A ghost of a smirk appeared on his lips and I knew that he could sense my nervoussness and see through me. He knew I was hiding something.

“Let me guess, Zayn?”

I scoffed. “No. Although that guy is a model.” I answered cooly, trying not to sound awkward. This is actually a bit fun, and the tension between us has turned slightly amusing.

“Liam?” he cocked a brow, green eyes glowing.

I chuckled lightly. “No.”

“Don't tell me it's Jake..” he said warningly, muscles tensing on his arms and biceps. His eyes turned cold and serious again.

I furrowed my brows. “No way, he's way too flirty and...a jerk for me.” I huffed.

He nodded, seeming satisfied and relieved. “Then who?” he asked and I knew that it was now or never.

Taking a deep breath, my insides twisted upside down. I looked down at the floor, bringing the images of him kissing me, giving myself some hope and courage. The walls seemed to close in on me, as if urging me to say the words before he leaves. Despite the fear I felt, I knew I had to face it.

Enough with being weak.

Enough with being scared.

Enough with being hesitant.

Take the risk.

“He's standing in front of me right now.” I finally said, staring directly into his eyes.

Something flashed before his own eyes. He pushed himself off the door and stormed at me, caughting me off guard. In a matter of seconds, his lips found mine, sending sparks all over me. He took the pillow from my lap and threw it somewhere, him kneeling between my legs with his hands on my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

It had been a day, a single day, yet I had missed the feeling of his lips on mine. He moved them delicately, aggresively, showing power. He slowly leaned me back, him hovering over me. He tasted like mint. His hands roamed down my body, sending heat all over me. And again, I forgot about everything.

As much as I enjoyed the moment, another strong jolt of pain hit me. I gasped and pulled my lips away from his, opening my eyes. He pulled back to look at me, slightly confused. “What?” he asked.

“My back.” I groaned, tilting my head back.

“Again?” he let a small sigh, running a hand through his long hair in frustration. “Maybe we should go check you out. Maybe you hit your spinal cord or something.” he said, sounding worried.

I couldn't help the smile that stretched on my lips reluctantly. He looked down at me in confusion, “What now?” he asked, raising a brow.

“You care,” I answered easily.

“Hadn't that been obvious so far?” he said sarcastically.

“Yeah, but I mean that..you show your feelings.” I clarified, trailing my finger down his jawline. “You always hide them.”

He licked his lips and then pulled them into his mouth, eyes looking away, obviously frustrated. “Stop talking about this.” he said coldly, making my stomach tighten.

My smile dropped. “Okay, I'm sorry.” I murmured.

He looked at me and pushed himself off of me. “We should go to Liam, tell him about your back.” he said, running a hand through his hair.

“No, please, I'm so tired.” I sighed heavily. “I just need to sleep. You can stay if you want.” I said, hoping he would say yes.

He stared at me thoughtfully. “Claire, this is important.” he said seriously.

“I know, I'll go tomorrow morning.” I promised. “Harry, stay for a while. I want to talk to you.”

“About what?” he asked, taking a seat down beside me. His scent hit me again, making butterflies errupt in my stomach.

“This..” I moved my hand between us. “Us.”

Amusement appeared in his eyes. “Really? And I thought this would never come.” he said, being sarcastic and teasing me.

I chuckled lightly. “Ah..I don't know..everything is so messed up..” I murmured, placing my hand on my forehead.

“Claire, you need to relax and stop taking everything to heart.” He said cooly, his large hand taking mine. Immidiately, electricity was sent through his touch straight to my stomach.

“I don't take everything to heart.” I argued, feeling a sudden urge to cry appear slowly. “But after what happened..” I sighed, trying not to remember Kate's eyes. “Anyway. I want to talk about you and me.”

Harry stiffened. “What do I want from you, is the question, right?” he said, sounding bored.

I nodded, staring at him curiously and slightly scared.

He sighed, looking away. “I definitely don't want this to stop right here.” he said, making relief wash through me. “And I definitely don't want to see you with another guy. So I don't have much options.” he looked at me, a smirk slowly making its way to his heart-shaped lips.

“Relationship?” I said.

“I don't like sharing.” He said, making me chuckle. He then leaned forward, cool lips finding mine. My heart fluttered at the contact. He lingered for a few seconds before pulling away. “But there's no need for you to walk around and say it to everyone.” he said, making a small frown appear on my face. “I don't like others gossipping.”

“Okay, I wouldn't do it anyway.” I shrugged. “And I think..keeping it secret would be better. It would be awkward for me to tell the boys, so..maybe give it a little more time, yeah?”

He nodded. “Okay.”

I gave him a small smile and pecked his cheek. “I better go to sleep now.”

He nodded and kissed me once again, making my body heat up. He pulled away and stood up. “Goodnight.” he said, opening the door.

“Goodnight.” I said quietly and he left, closing the door behind him.

Seems like this will finally be a good night.

_________________________________

A/N: Okaay, we waited 49 chapters for this lol but it was worth it, trust me! Now, get ready for some fun ;) thanks for reading! Love you xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...
1.1M 61.1K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
416K 11.3K 52
He was everything she didn't want. She was everything he was trying to find. She didn't want his life. He wanted her in his life. She didn't want him...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

158K 3.7K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...