The Infected

By GirLegend99

Danger surrounds every part of the world now. Humans are scared to leave their hideouts. There are a few supp... More

Warning!
Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
Awards and Announcement
Sequel
Zombies vol2
Nothing Ever Stays Dead

Chapter 47

25.5K 1K 849
By GirLegend99

~•~ Chapter 47 ~•~

“Guys! Guess what!” Louis gushed as he rushed to our table, eyes wide and excited. His hair bounced on top of his head with each step.

The next day I found myself sitting at the cafeteria with the boys, having breakfast. I could barely eat and I told them thousands of times, but Liam and Thomas would press me to put the spoon into my mouth and eat all my cereal. After what happened between me and Harry last night, I barely slept. My mind kept flashing back to his lips and how good they felt against mine.

But then I realised that I shouldn't be like that. I had lost my sister, I shouldn't be happy. They say grief changes people. But after what happened with Harry, the pain had almost diminished fully. I didn't want to be like a silly teenager that forgets her problems when her crush smiles at her, so I decided to stay serious and face my problems instead of running away from them.

“What?” Zayn asked, voice husky. His quiff didn't succeed today, I could tell, because he had his hair lowered in front of his forehead, like a fringe. It looked good though.

“Harry totally snapped at the fucking officer!” Louis announced, causing everyone around the table to gasp in surprise. I didn't react, although it did shock me.

“What?” Liam asked.

“Yeah, he was totally pissed with what that douche did to us so I'm proud of him. It was about time.” Louis smiled proudly, sitting down. He placed his tray on the table. “That fucker couldn't just get away after what he made us go through.”

I noticed Chris stiffen, his sad eyes staring down at the food in his tray. My own heart tugged and I took a deep breath. No more crying. I was still embarassed that Harry had seen me cry. I was tired of letting the pain pinch my heart every once in a while. I needed to build up walls and to hold shields.

“You see, that officer is responsible for your food, this hideout, your room and everything else. Be a little more grateful.” Liam said slowly, looking up at him seriously.

Louis leaned against the table. “The army and the government is responsible for everything we have here. Not that douche.” Louis clarified sassily. “And I don't like that guy, he's so stupid.” He added bitterly.

“Eat.” Thomas murmured to me, giving me a stern look. He had noticed that I stopped eating for a few minutes.

Sighing, I brought the spoon to my mouth and ate some cereal. I looked at him as I chewed, raising my brows as if asking him if he's happy now. He gave me a light grin before returning back to his breakfast.

“And also, he sent us down there without warning us about those zombies. It was like he wanted to kill us.” Zayn said, moving his hand.

“Exactly.” Louis nodded, agreeing.

“Can we please not talk about that raid?” I asked quietly, keeping my eyes focused down.

Silence surrounded our table and tension was built up. Zayn sighed, “I'm sorry, Claire.” he murmured.

“We're all sorry.” Louis said. “It was our fault. We should have protected her.”

“No. That should have been me.” I argued lowly, looking up at him.

Louis pursed his lips and shook his head. “You were with Harry, you didn't know.” He said cooly. “We were with her. But we didn't see her when she was attacked.”

“They were too many, Claire. We barely got time to defend ourselves.” Liam added, voice calm.

“I know.” I sighed. I couldn't really blame the boys. The situation was very difficult. We were all exhausted, injured and scared. Kate always could defend herself, she was a great fighter. Of course, the boys thought that if she needed help, she would ask. And with all that chaos and hustle and blood, they were too concetrated to notice Kate. It wasn't really their fault.

“Harry even yelled at us two hours after we had arrived. “ Thomas said, making me turn to look at him with furrowed brows.

“He did?” I asked, shocked.

“Yeah,” Louis answered easily. I turned to look at him. “We were 5 men. And we had one woman to protect.” Sadness appeared in his eyes. “We failed our leader, and as a team.”

“I failed as a sister and a daughter.” I said, voice slightly shaky. “I should have protected her.”

“You weren't there.” Chris spoke for the first time since we came for breakfast. His brown sad eyes locked on mine. “You couldn't do anything.”

“Look, the thing is, we should have been more careful.” Zayn said lowly. “All of us. We are terribly sorry for your loss. We cared about Kate as our own sister.” he sighed heavily, sadness plastered across his charming features.

“Thank you.” I nodded. “All of you. I don't blame you for what happened to Kate. It was meant to happen.” I sighed. “I'm just glad I got to say goodbye.”

“Believe it or not, she must be having a better time than us.” Zayn chuckled lightly. “This life is hell. She's free from all this suffering.”

“True.” Louis agreed, throwing a bisquit in his mouth.

I cracked a smile and Thomas wrapped his arm around my shoulders loosely, hugging me to his side. My stomach tightened and butterflies errupted when I saw Harry walking towards us, tray in his hands. His tired eyes met mine, making me lose my voice. He then looked at Thomas and his face seemed to grow colder.

Immidiately, I felt bad.

“Hey bro!” Louis greeted proudlu, patting Harry's shoulder when he sat down. Harry kept staring at me as Louis rambled on. “Heard you went all bad boy to the officer, huh?” he cocked a brow.

I bit my cheek and looked down to my bowl of cereal. I couldn't hold his gaze anymore. It was like he was angry at me for some reason. Then, I felt Thomas' arm pull away from me and I understood immidiately.

Someone's jealous.

I looked up at Harry to find him still staring at me. “Bad boy?” he chuckled before looking at Louis, amused. “Nah, I don't think that fits me.”

Liam scoffed. “Lie.” he said, pointing at Harry.

“Come on, you are a badass,” Zayn said, raising his glass of water towards Harry.

“And you are the bad boy.” Louis retorted, smirking at Zayn.

Zayn smirked micheviously. “I am and I like it.” he admitted with a shrug. “But Harry here, he is the king.”

“Do you share the throne?” Chris asked, causing a chuckle to come from Louis' chest.

“No way.” Harry shook his head. “I don't like sharing.” he looked at me intently, making my stomach churn. There was a strong emotion in his green irises, but I couldn't read through them.

A blush tainted my cheeks and I had to lower my head so he wouldn't notice. Zayn huffed and ate his slice of bread with jam on it and the others returned to their breakfast.

“But just so you can sleep at nights, yes, I was a bit rude to him.” Harry spoke lowly, eyes focused on his meal. “He couldn't just send us to a death raid and get over with it so easily just because he's got a star on his suit.”

“Ah thank God! He finally gets me!” Louis sighed, staring up at the ceiling.

Harry lips twitched. “But there's also no need for you to gossip about it everywhere.” he said slowly, demanding us to shut our mouths up.

“Don't worry,” Liam said, reaching for his glass.

“So,” Louis started, sitting straight. “Harry and Claire today are going to fight at the ring at 2pm.” He announced, causing everyone to turn and look at me.

I bit my lower lip. “Um, yeah, Harry thinks it's time.” I muttered.

“It is.” Harry insisted, bringing all the attention on him.

“Okay, let the bets come.” Louis said, taking out from his pocket a white paper and a pen. Harry rolled his eyes. “Alright, who bets on Claire?” he asked, looking around the table.

Silence. Everyone exchanged awkward glances and my stomach knotted. Of course they wouldn't bet on me. I was going to fight against Harry, the best of all. I didn't really expect anyone to give me hope that I could actually beat him. But sitting here, with nobody supporting me made me feel slightly useless and weak.

“Well I do.” Thomas broke the silence, wrapping his arm around my shoulders once again.

Louis wrote down Thomas' name and Harry kept giving us a cold stare. Especially to Thomas. It was as if he wanted to punch him. I couldn't help but find it quite amusing.

I leaned closer to Thomas, “Thanks, but you didn't have to.” I muttered.

Thomas shrugged. “Just because you're my partner.” he said cooly, offering a flirty smile.

I forced one back and Harry cleared his throat. I turned my head to see his face cold as ice and serious as hell as he stared down at his plate, chewing his bite. Louis then looked between us before shrugging, “Well, looks like everyone else is betting on Harry, yeah?”

Everyone nodded and Liam and Zayn sent me innocent looks. “Sorry Claire, but you know.” Liam shrugged.

I nodded, “Yeah guys, don't worry, I understand.” I assured. I stood up slowly, causing Thomas' arm to drop from around me. “But it won't be my fault when you lose the bet.” I said, causing everyone to gasp at my words.

Harry even looked up at me in surprise and amusement. “Oh is that so?” he let a light chuckle.

“Yes.” I said with a sigh.

“Can't wait, then.” he said, michief in his eyes, making my stomach churn.

Louis stared at me wide-eyed, as if he couldn't believe my confidence and positivity about this match. I then walked away, knowing that I should put my inside world in place before I go out there and punch the hell out of Harry's face only because my emotions start taking their toll on me.

...

I could hear everyone outside cheering, and it only added to my anxiety. Staring down at the boxing gloves I was wearing, I felt bad for actually doing this instead of mourning for my sister. But this way, it felt like I was showing her that I'm not weak, and that I was going to keep fighting.

I hadn't seen Harry since after breakfast, neither the other boys. I practised for about an hour and then locked myself in my room, preparing my mental health for what was going to come. I knew Harry was the best, and it scared me a bit, but it was a challenge I wanted to take.

My eyes scanned the few scars and bruises I had on my arms. Gifts from the terrible place under the ground. Things that will make me remember that day for the rest of my life.

I pushed a loose strand of hair away from my face and looked up to see random guys walking up and down the hallway, talking, laughing, as if it was just another good day for them. I wish I could smile like they did and not feel the pain. I wish I could wake up and be glad for what I have. I really did. But a big part of me just wouldn't let me.

Sighing heavily, I knew it was almost time. The hallways had emptied out a few minutes later, and I knew that everyone was outside, waiting to watch the great match,  me losing, and cheer for their leader.

Suddenly, footsteps approached and I turned to see Thomas. A nice smile was on his lips when he saw me and he opened his arms, inviting me to his embrace.

“Thomas what are you doing here?” I asked, furrowing my brows.

“Came to say one last good luck to you.” he answered easily as I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, “Slay his ass.”

“Shh, if he hears you..” I said, pulling back to look at him.

“He'll slay my ass, I know.” he rolled his eyes. A light chuckle came from my lips. “I know you can win him. If these people out there don't believe in you, don't take it to heart. I know you're great.” he said, making my heart skip a beat.

“Aw, thank you,” I said, forcing a smile. He was so good to me, I had to be to.

“Well, have fun out there.” He winked.

“I'll try. Don't laugh that much with my failure.” I said, and he chuckled.

“I won't,” He promised. “I don't know about the others though.”

“I do.” I said, walking towards the door that will lead me out on the ring. “But I'll try shut their mouths off.” I said confidently.

“That's my partner.” He cheered. “Good luck, Claire.” he said and walked away.

I grabbed the doorhandle and took a deep breath.

Show time.

________________________________

A/N: Here's the full chapter lol! :) get ready for the match! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...
28.7K 689 15
Y/n, the older brother of the collector. Finally seeing them again after centuries of not being able to see or communicate with them from the demon r...
185K 5.6K 45
Marcel Styles is your typical nerd. He gets bullied, has no friends, is extremely smart and loves the most beautiful girl in his school. But he knows...
1.1M 59.9K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...