The Infected

By GirLegend99

Danger surrounds every part of the world now. Humans are scared to leave their hideouts. There are a few supp... More

Warning!
Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
Awards and Announcement
Sequel
Zombies vol2
Nothing Ever Stays Dead

Chapter 32

23K 1K 905
By GirLegend99

~•~ Chapter 32 ~•~

Zayn opened up a door on the ceiling, standing on a staircase. I watched patiently as he pushed the iron door to the side and felt cool air hit my skin. He turned to look at me, “Come on.” he urged as he climbed up.

I followed and climbed up the stairs and popped my head out. My eyes widened in awe when I saw the sky covered in a mixture of colours. Dark purple, dark blue and pink. A few clouds were there aswell. I pushed myself up and stood up. Zayn was already sitting down on the ground, elbows resting on his bent knees, eyes staring ahead. I could see the grey, abandoned city and the destroyed buildings. The empty, wet streets.

“Wow.” I breathed, my eyes wide. Despite the city being so dead, the view made it look so nice.

“I know right.” he chuckled. “I like staying here for hours.” he said.

“You're always coming up here alone?” I asked, taking a seat down next to him.

“No, the boys hang out with me aswell.” he answered cooly. “But I come here most of the times alone than the rest of them. They are always too busy for others than for themselves. I don't like doing that. I like giving myself some time to relax and think.” he explained.

I agreed and couldn't help but feel him. He and I are so alike, it surprised me. He looks like a bad boy type, but he has some rules for his own self and he wants privacy. He has a good heart, that is for sure. You can see it in his eyes.

“I admire you, Zayn.” I admitted. He gave me a stunned look. “You don't just put up with Harry's rules. You like revolutions, don't you?” I said and he nodded.

He let a light chuckle. “I do follow Harry's rules, always, I just made it clear that I'm still the same Zayn I was, and I will still have control of my own life.” he looked away. “He agreed.”

Of course he would. Harry might be so tough and serious about his rules, but he respects others' rights and wants.

I looked at the city again and crossed my legs. We stood in silence for a few minutes before he spoke up.

“I heard you won.” he said casually.

A small smile formed on my lips and I turned to look at him. “Yeah, I did.”

He ticked his head to the side momentarily. “You must be really good at fighting.”

I pulled my lips into my mouth and looked down at my hands. “I won Kate, not Harry.” I chuckled.

He huffed. “No one can win Harry.” He said, dead serious.

Something pinched my gut and my confidence seemed to shrink. “That's what everyone says.”

“You think otherwise?” he looked at me, brows pulled low over his eyes.

I shrugged. “I don't know.”

“You think you can win Harry?” he asked in disbelief.

“I..I don't know.” I muttered, shaking my head. “He is intimidating and-and I feel like when I will have to fight him, I will back down and run away.” I admitted. It's true. Despite being so confident when I talk to Harry, I deep down know there is no way I can actually get on top of him. He scares me way too much and he is way too strong for me to handle.

“This is the place to lose your fears.” he said. “You get trained to be fearless. If Harry is your weak spot, work hard to become strong enough to fight it.”

I smiled thankfully at him. “Thanks.”

He shrugged, a smile small on his lips. “Yeah, no problem.” he said casually before taking out his packet of cigarettes. “Want one?” he asked as he picked up a cigarette.

“No,” I shook my head, scrunching my lips in disgust. “I can't even believe you're actually enjoying it.”

“It reduces stress and it calms me down.” he claimed, bringing the cigarette to his lips. “I don't care what you people think about me.”

“Oooh,” I said, resting my head on his shoulder. “Confident little smoker.” I teased and he snorted.

He turned his head to give me an attractive smile. “Let me guess, calling me names is cute, right?” he teased.

I rolled my eyes, giggling. “Shut up.” I shot lightly.

He lit up the cigarette, the end of it turning bright red as he inhaled. I turned my gaze back to the city, Zayn's smoke moving in the air in front of me. I had to say, he looked hot when he smoked, but the smell bothered me.

I moved a bit away and he chuckled, “What? Don't find me cute anymore?”

I laughed. “Just finish the cigatette so I don't have to get tortured a lot.”

He chuckled and inhaled another large hint. He blew the smoke from his mouth and it was so attractive to watch. The cool breeze hit gently my skin, but more clouds gathered in the sky, darkening everything around us. We just relaxed there, both of us lost in our thoughts as we stared at the view. I suddenly heard a sound coming from the door on the ground and I turned my head to see a mop of curls coming up, making my heart stop.

Harry came up, green eyes landing on us. He used his strong arms to climb up and stand on his feet. “Zayn, I knew you would be here.” he huffed, his eyes then met mine. “But I didn't expect you to be here, too.” he added, lowly.

“Disappointed much?” I shot, cocking a brow as I leaned back, my hands flat against the ground. Soft wind brushed against my body, pushing my long hair back.

His gaze grew deep. “Not really.” he said carelessly, shrugging. He stood next to me and looked down at Zayn. “Liam is looking for you.”

Zayn sighed. “I'll go find him.” He said, pushing himself from the ground. He threw the cigarette off the roof and walked towards the door. “Are you gonna stay here?” he asked, turning to look at us.

“Yeah.” I answered easily.

“Alright.” he said and jumped down, shocking me. Damn boy just use the stairs.

“You don't wanna go back to the party?” Harry asked me, furrowing his brows.

“I prefer staying here. It's nice.” I admitted, looking ahead at the view. He stared at me a little bit longer than necessary. “You don't have to stay, too.”

“Nah, you're right, it's nice here.” he took a seat next to me. “It's too noisy downstairs.” he added flatly.

I huffed, never taking my eyes off the grey buildings ahead. We stood like this for a while, but from the corner of my eye I saw him glancing at me. I sighed and closed my eyes when a jolt of pain hit my head.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked me.

I turned to look at him. “Why are you asking?” I couldn't ignore the fact that he looked so handsome. He has another kind of beauty. Zayn has that kind of absolute sexiness and heart-melting smirks. Harry has that kind of beauty that makes your heart flutter, your knees weak and your body squirm when he just smiles at you.

His long hair hung nicely around his face, sharp features were peaceful and calm and his eyes were so green. “Just to start a conversation.” he said cooly, voice husky.

“I was thinking about the city and how dead it has become.” I said with a sigh.

“Hmm.” he hummed and looked ahead.  “You shouldn't be thinking about the things that bring your mood down. You should be positive.”

“Oh like you do?” I let a light laugh. “I'm more positive one day than you are a whole year.”

His lips curled into those smiles I mentioned before, causing my heart to race and my stomach to knot. “You know what I noticed?” he said, seeming amused.

“What?”

“That you make me positive.” he said lowly, the wind pushing his hair back, showing more of his sharp jaw and cheekbones.

My stomach knotted even more and I studied his face closely. “How? You always think of negative things about me.” I said, furrowing my brows.

“That's because you are so unpredictable, it's hard for me to guess what is gonna happen. But..” he looked down. “You showed me that some times, all you have to do is risk.” He shook his head and chuckled before locking eyes with me. “Are you even afraid of something?”

“Yes.” I murmured.

He seemed surprised. “Of what?” he asked.

I opened my mouth to reply before I closed it again. I looked down at my hands, trying to decide if I should tell him the truth or not. He waited patiently for my answer, and that only added to my nervoussness.

“You.” I finally said, looking at him in the eye.

He held my gaze and as always, showed no emotion. He pressed his lips in a tight line, letting my reply sink into his brain. I waited for him to say something, but it took way too long for him to actually voice his thoughts. I looked away, knowing that now he will have the upper hand in every situation since he knows I'm scared of him.

“You shouldn't.”

My head snapped to his direction. His words caught me off guard. I stared intently into his eyes, searching for an emotion, for a way inside his soul, but he shut me out. Disappointment hit me again but I pushed it away.

“Tell me why I shouldn't and I might believe you.”

He slightly ticked his head to the side, taking in my words. Tension had grown in the chilly air. “Because I care about you.” he said slowly, almost as if he was hesitant.

Disappointment hit me once again.

“You don't trust me.” I stated coldly.

His pupils dilated and he was silent. He didn't let me read through him, he was so emotionless, it annoyed me.

“I do.” he said, voice raspy.

“Then why don't you ever show it?” I asked, slightly frustrated.

“You and I are always in the same group in raids, haven't you noticed that?” He said, furrowing his brows.

“You do that on purpose..” I muttered in realisation. He looked away, avoiding my eyes again. “So that's why you do it? To show me that you trust me?”

He pursed his lips, anger appearing on his face. “Fuck, the raids are not the only thing that shows I trust you.” he turned to look at me. “You saved my fucking life. How can I not trust you? And how can you still have doubts after what happened?” He said, irritated.

“Because you show me no emotions, Harry.” I answered sharply, confusion plastered across his face. “You are so...ugh.” I let a frustrated grunt and shook my head. “You know what? Nevermind, this gets more and more frustrating and complicated.” I said, standing up.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back down, caughting me off guard. “No, tell me what  you think I am.” he hissed.

I pulled my hand away, giving him an angry look. “You're cold. You're always so..serious and distant. You never show what you feel.” I said, moving my hands.

“Why do you want to know so badly what I feel?” he asked, shaking his head gently.

“Because I don't know how to feel when I'm with you.” the words came out of my mouth unwillingly. His eyes widened and his lips slightly parted at my reply.

He leaned closer to me, his eyes narrowing. “What do you want to feel around me?”

“Trust.” I answered without much consideration.

“Do you trust me?” he asked lowly, making my stomach tighten.

“Yes.” I sighed. Of course I trust him.

“I trust you, too, I really do, Claire.” he said, nodding once. “And just because I don't show any feelings doesn't mean I'm cold.” he said, slowly standing up. “I have my reasons for being like this and like it or not, this is how I am, and you can't change me.” something was hidden in his voice as he said those words.

“I never said I wanted to change you.” I claimed, standing up.

“Good.” his eyes dropped to my lips momentarily. “And you should never change for anyone.”

I slightly frowned. Why would he say that?

“I'm not gonna change for anyone's likings.” I said, dead serious.

He smirked and just stared at me for a few seconds, the cool breeze hitting my skin and making me shiver. The tension seemed to diminish slowly. Suddenly, a thunder was heard, causing me to jump. He snorted and gave me an amused look. “It's going to rain, time to go back to the party.” he said casually.

“The noisy party.” I corrected.

He snorted as we walked towards the door on the ground. I climbed down the stairs and Harry copied me. He slid the iron door to the side, closing it before locking it by pressing a code.

“Why were you up there with Zayn anyway?” he asked casually as we walked down the hallway.

“Just to hang out.” I said easily.

“Hm.”

I ignored his intense gaze and stepped back to the crowded place. Loud music hit my ears yet again, causing me headache. I found Erika, Kate and Chris by the buffét and walked towards them. I was surprised when I saw that Harry went to talk to Jake and grabbed his arm before taking him out of the room. I frowned but decided to ignore it and have fun for the rest of the night.

“Thomas lost.” Erika informed me.

“Not surprised, he fought with Louis.” I answered truthfully.

Erika laughed and Chris made a face. “He had Louis on the ground, but he got hit pretty bad in the balls.”

I winced. “Ooh, that must've hurt.”

“Definitely.” Chris snickered.

Kate handed me a cup and J brought it up to my nose. “Cherry liquor?”

She nodded. “The last thing we want after the fight is too much alcohol.” she said casually. Her cut had turned deep red across the corner of her lips and her cheek had turned into a purple-ish colour.

“I'm okay with the alcohol,” I said, shrugging one shoulder as I brought the cup to my lips.

“You shouldn't drink too much, your head got hit pretty bad amd it's still injured.” Chris pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. “Fine.” I muttered before taking some gulps. I liked the taste of the cherry liquor, sweet and cold. I looked around and spotted a splastic chair next to the buffét. I walked over there and took a seat.

I just watched everyone having fun and enjoyed it. I even watched a fight, taking in some new moves that I should try. My head started pounding after a while and I placed my empty cup on the table. I got to the point where the music sounded like loud bombs and everyone's laughter sounded like screams.

I stood up, deciding I had enough for tonight. I walked towards the elevator and stepped in. I pressed the button and the doors closed. I rubbed my temples, trying to soothe the ache. The doors opened and as I was about to step out, my heart froze when I saw around ten zombies walking in the cafeteria. My body stiffened and my blood ran cold. The ding sound was heard, causing all of them to turn and look at me, their ugly features hardening with hate and hunger.

Before I knew it, they all ran towards me, causing me to scream.

_________________________________

A/N: Bet you didn't expect that haha ;D give me lots and lots of comments and vote! Chapter goal: 300 votes and 200 comments ;)  Thanks for reading, love you xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

158K 3.6K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
185K 5.6K 45
Marcel Styles is your typical nerd. He gets bullied, has no friends, is extremely smart and loves the most beautiful girl in his school. But he knows...
2.4K 83 7
Claire and Andrea De Luca. Even though twins, they are two Completely opposite people on the outside and inside. One a spoiled brat, who only cares a...
81.8K 6.4K 37
"To all the people who are scared of being vulnerable, who are scared to see their weak self. you can fall someone will catch you, and that person wi...