The Infected

By GirLegend99

Danger surrounds every part of the world now. Humans are scared to leave their hideouts. There are a few supp... More

Warning!
Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
Awards and Announcement
Sequel
Zombies vol2
Nothing Ever Stays Dead

Chapter 15

25.4K 985 461
By GirLegend99

~•~ Chapter 15 ~•~

It was very difficult to sleep that night. I felt like the walls were closing up on me, that the mattress is sinking me down to a pool of blood and that eyes were watching me from everywhere. I could hear sounds from inside the wall. It was like I was being watched by someone, and I hated it.

I spent the whole night tossing around. I was scanning each corner of the room, fearing that something might come out and attack me. For a moment I even caught my lower lip trembling. It was exhausting, but I couldn't do anything else.

For a moment I thought of running to Thomas's room and asking him to stay with him, but then I face palmed myself for thinking such a stupid idea. God knows what people would think, if Thomas would agree, and what would be Harry's reaction. I didn't want to break any rule, despite not knowing a rule that doesn't let us sleep in another room, but still. It would definitely cause reactions, and Harry wouldn't be pleased.

I wrapped the blanket tightly around my body, staring at the corner of the room where the door to the bathroom is. I was waiting for someone to step inside, but he never came. I knew I was only thinking such things because of the fear, but it was really difficult for me to control it. I prayed to God and tried to fall back to sleep, but I failed once again.

I almost screamed when someone knocked my door and I was about to hit the ceiling from jumping out of shock. I averted my eyes to the clock and I frowned when I saw that it was 7:10am. I didn't even realise how fast time passed by.

“Who is it?” I called, tightening my grip on the blanket. I shouldn't be scared, so why is my heart shaking with anxiety?

“Liam.” He said, his calming voice sending a wave of relief through me.

I sighed and stood up, dumping my blanket on the bed before opening the door. He appeared, charming and gorgeous. He looked great, and those coffee brown eyes were promising and kind.

“Morning,” he smiled, looking ten times better than before. His brows lowered over his eyes as he studied my face. “Wait, you okay? You look..”

“I didn't sleep. At all.” I answered flatly, walking back towards my bed, leaving the door open.

“Why?” he asked, stepping inside. “Are you hurting somewhere?”

I shook my head as I sat down. “No, I just..I felt like someone was watching me, and I couldn't calm down.” I explained, moving my hands.

He didn't look surprised at my answer. “Typical reaction. This always happens with every one we put in those rooms.” he huffed.

“No. It's not just an illusion or something. I heard sounds, coming from the wall.” I said, turning to look at the wall across from me.

Liam looked confused as he stared at me for a few seconds before chuckling. “It's just the shock, you will get over it.” he dismissed it. “Now, get ready to put some gloves on and box.” he smirked.

I cocked a brow, placing both hands to either side of my body. “Louis said I don't have to go through your project?”

He nodded, brows scrunched. “Y-yeah, but it's a really good one. Besides, you have to learn how to fight without your guns.”

I sighed. “Please, show some mercy, I didn't sleep at all!” I begged.

He gave me an apologetic look. “Sorry, love, but it's my job. Don't worry though, it won't be too exhausting. It will be fun, promise.” He said, brown eyes shining.

I bit my lower lip. “Can we at least work out 5 hours instead of 7?” I pouted.

He looked surprised and for a moment I thought he was going to yell at me, but that thought was soon thrown away when he laughed. “Fine, but don't tell Harry, he will kill us.”

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. “Aw! Thank you so much!” I squealed, causing him to laugh as he hugged me back.

“Jesus, just don't break my neck!” he joked, strong arms wrapping around my waist.

Someone cleared his throat and we both quickly pulled away. My cheeks flushed red when my eyes met green, serious ones. Liam looked ashamed, but also a bit amused as he stood two meters away from me, hands locked behind his back. I fidgeted with my fingers, my stomach tightening.

“Everything okay?” he asked slowly, eyes diverting to me and Liam repeatedly.

“Yeah, we were just..um..” Liam scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, brown eyes hesitentaly looking up at Harry. “I just told Claire that she is almost done with the project.”

Harry cocked a brow, dead serious as he studied Liam. He then looked at me, making my heart fall down to my stomach. “A little too early to get over excited about that.” he muttered. “Just don't forget that this is serious, okay?” I felt bad in that moment, because it was like we did something wrong, even though it was just a hug.

“Roger.” Liam nodded curtly.

“Good.” Harry nodded after him. “Hurry, there's no reason to lazy around.” He urged firmly before he walked away.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and I locked eyes with Liam. “Awkward.” I said.

He chuckled. “Don't worry about it.” he moved his hand dismissively. “Dress up and let's go have breakfast. Quickly.”

“Roger.” I said, making him laugh as he left the room so I could change clothes.

...

I was surprised to see that the cafeteria wasn't that crowded as it always is. Probably because it's too early for everyone to be up. Liam and I had breakfast with Chris and Zayn before we went to the training room. Liam led me to the area to the ring and told me to warm up. We both jogged, stretched and got ready.

“Okay, first, I'm going to teach you where to hit.” Liam said as we got to the ring. I stood in the middle and Liam approached me, his muscular body towering me.

“Okay.”

“First of all, you need to know to hold your fist,” he took my hand and curled it, his touch was gentle and careful. “You could break a finger or something.” he said, placing my thumb on the right spot. “This is how it must be. Okay?” he looked up at my face.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“Good, now, people have three sensitive spots,” he started, walking around me slowly in a circle. “Throat, stomach, ankles. Those three spots could easily make your enemy weaker, so you should always aim there.”

“Throat, stomach, ankles, got it.” I repeated, staring ahead.

“Just a simple slice with your knife could kill them if you attack them at those three spots, but a punch can make a huge damage, too.” he added, still circling me, one arm crossed and the other hand moving in the air.

“I have a question,” I said.

“Go for it.”

“Is there any chance I will have to fight a zombie? Because I haven't seen any zombie knowing how to punch.” I said, a hint of sarcasm evident in my voice.

He stopped right in front of me, brown eyes serious. “Don't take the zombies as the only threat. When you don't expect it, an enemy comes in your way.” He said lowly, making my skin crawl.

Okay..that makes me nervous.

“Okay.” I mumbled.

“Now, you should always have in mind that the enemy wants to get you to the ground, so never, ever turn your back on him. One wrong move and you could be dead in less than a second.” he rambled on, walking again around me.

I gulped, not wanting to imagine how it could be if I had to fight someone and did a wrong move. The results could be inevitable and bad.

“If you get the chance to end the enemy's life, don't hesitate. Do it.”

He stopped in front of me again. “Let's learn how to fight now.” He turned his head and looked over to Niall, who was checking up on some guys that were jogging on the tread mill. “Niall! Come here!” Liam called, causing Niall to swing around and look at us.

“Okay!” he called back. He said something to the boys before he quickly made his way towards us. He got on the ring and came to stand next to us, arms crossed. He looked absolutely breath-taking today, wearing a white tee and black shorts, but his hair was so damn perfect and those see blue eyes were just so blue that they made his entire face shine with an unbelievable charm.

Why is God messing with me by giving me so many flawlessly attractive boys around me, I will never know.

“Ooh, little Claire learns how to punch?” He smirked.

“Keep in mind that I have a strong arm.” I shot, teasing him.

Niall and Liam laughed. “Yeah, the thing is, we're going to show you how we fight and then we will work on your moves, okay?” Liam said.

I nodded. “Sounds good.”

I was told to get our of the ring so I did just that. Niall and Liam stood across from each other, stretching and preparing themselves.

“Don't get too soft.” Liam smirked, shrugging his shoulders as he jumped in the spot.

“Don't worry, I won't.” Niall cracked his knuckles, smirking confidently.

They both got closer, crouching a bit and fisting their hands. They stared at each other for a few seconds, as if reading each other's thoughts. I took in every detail when they started fighting. The way Liam moves and avoids the attacks, the way Niall keeps space but also gets dangerously close when he is about to hit. I was impressed at how fast both of them were and I couldn't help but compare them to Harry. I've seen him fight once, and I wondered how it is possible for him to be too good at everything. Liam and Niall are also great at boxing, so how come they haven't won Harry at least once? This thought has me doubting that I could ever, ever beat Harry at this challenge.

Niall ducked when Liam aimed for a punch in the head, both of them quickly twisting places so they wouldn't get hit. Niall chuckled, “You little sneaky bastard,” he cackled, amused. He was absolutely enjoying it.

“Thought you could just get away with it, huh?” Liam smirked confidently. A loose strand of his hair fell on his forehead, and he looked so hot like that.

Jesus, I lost the point.

I refocused on the technic and not how hot they looked. Muscles flexed, sweaty backs, wet hair, their shirts sticking on their abs. I was overheating and I couldn't say I didn't enjoy it.

Niall attacked Liam with such force, both of his arms wrapping around Liam's waist as he pushed him towards the corner of the ring. Liam let a grunt from his throat as he struggled and managed to break free, his fist connecting with Niall's stomach. Niall clenched his jaw, his face flushing red as he tried to block out the pain. Niall rose and punched Liam's face, making me gasp in surprise. Liam's head tilted to the side momentarily before he refocused and punched Niall's chest, making Niall suck in a breath as he leaned in and fell on his knees, panting. My stomach churned anxiously, worry flooding through me for Niall.

“Liam-,“

“And then you kill him.” Liam panted, chest rising and falling, sweat covering his skin on his neck and forehead. Niall was trying to catch his breath, coughing. He didn't look good, which worried me.

“Niall,” I got into the ring and quickly kneeled down in front of him, my hand on his shoulder. He was shaking, eyes wide as he struggled to breath. “Deep breaths, calm down.” I mumbled.

“He's fine, Claire.” Liam crouched down beside me. “My hit wasn't too strong. He just needs a minute.” he explained.

“A-are you sure?” I looked at him.

“Yes. See? One punch could make your enemy weak. So be quick and smart.” he said, wrapping his arm around Niall's shoulders before lifting him up. “Come on man, you okay?”

Niall nodded, coughing one last time. “Fucker.” he grumbled.

Liam chuckled. “Sorry, man.” he said  leading him to the corner of the ring.

I followed, studying Niall's face. He indeed looked fine, but still somewhat stiff. “I didn't expect that hit, at all.” he said as he took a sit on the chair. He grabbed the bottle of water from the floor and unscrewed the cap before gulping down water.

“That's what I wanted to do.” Liam said, glancing at me. “You good now, though, right?”

Niall cleared his throat after screwing the cap. “Yeah, m'good. Imma going to check on my boys now. Be careful Claire, he is a moving gun.” he stood up. “And if you get the chance, hit him in the balls.” he whispered to me, making me laugh as he walked away.

“I heard that.” Liam chuckled.

“Now, what?”

“Now, we fight.” He smirked, making my heart skip a beat.

We stood in the middle of the ring again and Liam showed me how to stand, how to keep my arms raised and how to move carefully. He showed me how to punch and how to avoid the attacks. We've been training for about three hours and I was already covered in my own sweat. I was tired, because of the lack of sleep, but it was so exciting, getting to know how it is to fight and feel all the adrenaline rush up to your head. It's a way to take all your anger out, and I felt refreshed when we finished.

“That was awesome,” I said as Liam handed me a towel.

“I knew you would like it.” Liam chuckled.

My eyes caught a mop of curly hair moving and I saw Harry walking towards the room with the guns. His back was tensed and his broad shoulders were wide and stiff. He opened the door and stepped inside the room before he slammed the door behind him loudly, causing everyone to turn and look at the door. I frowned, wondering why he was upset.

“One day, I'll make you better than Harry.” Liam winked and I chuckled.

“I doubt that.” I murmured to myself before following Liam out of the room.

________________________________

A/N: Leave comments & thoughts pleasee!! I wanna know what you think! Excuse typos

Thanks for reading!! Love you lotssssss xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
474K 9.5K 46
Elenor Saltzman is a model from the very busy and hectic New York City. When she gets a job opportunity to walk in the biggest fashion show in London...
1K 68 5
Y/n is a 19 year old rookie idol in a group named 9ine. As Y/n goes through the trials and tribulations of life as an idol, he is introduced to a who...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

155K 3.6K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...