Depressed || JJK

Από unnshiii_07

"Are you the cure to my depression?" A girl, usually sad, fragile and always scared about the outcomes of her... Περισσότερα

•Introduction•
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(51)
(52)
(53)
(54)
(56)

(55)

214 18 43
Από unnshiii_07

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

*Jungkook's POV*

I was about to lean in to kiss her, when we both heard the front door click and her mother's voice echoed outside. My mouth hovered over Hana's nose and she immediately opened her eyes, horror reflecting in them, instead of my face.

"I'm back! Hana? Are you there?"

I couldn't even realise what happened, because it happened so fast and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor, falling down on my butt with such a pressure I almost screamed in horror.

"Shit shit shit, we're doomed!" Hana jumped from the bed, the present from her father falling down to the ground. I stared up at her in shock, instantly regretting coming inside her room.

"What should we do?" I asked, immediately standing up and rubbing my back. Her eyes were big, and at that time, they seemed even bigger, as if they were about to fall out of her sockets.

"I-I don't know... you," she looked around, "hide under my bed."

"What?" I screeched, and covered my mouth when I heard footsteps coming towards Hana's door.

"We don't have time, hide!" She pushed me down, and I swear I could bet that she had enough strength to become a wrestler, with the ease she just tackled me down to the floor. I hissed and slipped down her bed like a snake, at the same time the door opened and I could only see two feet from down there. I was holding my breathe, and Hana kicked my foot from behind, probably because it was sticking out and I grinded my teeth together, my heart thrumming in my chest.

"Oh, mom! Where have you been?" I heard Hana say, almost in a normal tone. I couldn't believe how fast she had managed to come up with a plan to hide me, and the way she sounded so relaxed as if she was practiced in lying to her mother.

"I went down for the meeting, but then I remembered I had to get groceries so I went with Mrs. Choi to the new market near the society." Her mother told her, and I just closed my eyes, feeling sweat forming on my forehead.

"Did you get anything from me?" I saw Hana's footsteps follow out to the door, as she pushed her mother out and even walked outside with her, closing the door on her way.

I took a deep breathe and pushed my head out, wiping the sweat off my face as I looked around.

I don't think she'll let her mother come in again, so I can get out.

I hauled myself out from the small space from below her bed and dusted off my shirt and jeans. The door was shut closed and I just stared at it in panic, not knowing where to go.

That's when my phone buzzed. I took it out of my pocket to see Hana's text. It read, 'we're in the kitchen and I'm trying to distract her. Stay hidden in my room for a while. Atleast until I think of a solution to get you out."

Wow...

Even when my heartbeat became steady, I kept rooted to where I stood. And then, I noticed the round wall mirror on the side of her wardrobe. I held my breathe, as if I was in a battlefield and took slow, careful steps like there were undermines below the carpet. When I reached the mirror, I slightly slanted my body to get a view of my face.

And God, was it horrible. My freshly shampooed hair had spider webs in it and my left cheek had turned red. That's when I noticed the itching in my skin.

Damn mosquitos.

I swept my fingers through the dirt and webs stuck to my dark brown hair, and shivered when a tiny spider leaped off from my shoulder. I made the most disgusting face I didn't even know I was capable of making and rubbed the lightly puffed skin of my cheek. My sensitive skin couldn't keep up with any insect bites and that's why I always used to have a mosquito repellent in my pocket throughout my childhood.

Somehow, I made sure to clean all the mess on me and sighed lightly, checking the time in my phone.

I walked back to her bed, to the same spot where I sat earlier, before her mother came. I picked up the box from the floor and held it in my hands, pondering over what her father must have given her.

I'm so happy Hana is finally getting along with her parents...I wish it was the same case with me.

She used to tell me how hard it was for her, when she had nobody. Even in the presence of her parents, she used to feel alone and bottle up all of her emotions. I wonder how relaxing it must be feeling to her after finally being able to talk to her parents about her life, her choices and everything.

I wish...we could also change. Me, and my parents too.

I clenched my teeth at the thought of them, my grip on the box tightening when I remembered how easily my father took his anger out after causing chaos in my house. After hurting and scaring me and my mother. I wondered how I must have endured it in my childhood years.

We could have been good. Better even. Only if they understood that I'm not a machine, but their son. Their little son, who was assigned the job to make his parents proud ever since he started walking.

Who had troubles sleeping at night, who used to think of ways to be better and better every coming day. Who used to sneak out at night to have music lessons, who wasn't even allowed to be friends with people who were below us. The same son they used to admire like a trophy. Only kept at display so people would come, appraise him, and say 'you need to work harder'. Who was never understood.

But ever since I got to know Hana, my life had changed. She inspired me, she made me happy in a world where I didn't even want to exist anymore. She made me believe in life, in myself. Though she couldn't change the dynamics between me and my family, I was still happy to have her by my side. She made my pain less, or even invisible when we were together.

Seeing her smile, joking around and simply talking was all I needed in this cursed lifetime. She didn't know it, but she was healing something in me that she didn't even break. I just wanted to stay by her side, and heal her too. Just like how she healed me.

I carefully placed the present back on her nightstand and fell back on the bed, which smelled like her. Staring up at the ceiling, I simply breathed the air, which smelled like fresh plants, cotton candy and something girly. A sweet, light scent hanging in the air.

After a while, I got back up to my feet and made her bed again, smoothing out the crinkles. I was waiting for more than ten minutes and there was no sign of Hana or her messages. I felt scared, because I didn't know how I'd act if I suddenly had an encounter with either of her parents.

Pushing that thought away, I stood up and strode over to her window. I removed the curtains to reveal the sunny weather outside, the cozy sunlight travelling inside the room and making me squint my eyes. It felt nice, because winters were already here and the warmth only made me relax a little as I leaned against the window frame, staring down at the busy road. That's when something caught my eye.

Blood.

Dried blood, to be precise. It wasn't very visible, especially because it was almost hidden below the potted plants on the window sill. I slowly squatted down and removed one pot, revealing the large, dried blobs of blood stuck like glue to the ledge. I frowned, my fingers hovering over the surface.

She really did hurt herself a lot... and maybe she used to sit here until the bleeding would stop... I can't even imagine how it would have been for her. How could harming oneself lessen any pain? It would only hurt them more, physically. And would leave dirty scars and spots, just like this.

It's like a reminder, that she was hurting and I wasn't around. She used to do this, she would punish herself for the pain the world gave her, or maybe she punished herself because she thought she was the only one responsible for her own torment.

I...no matter how much I think about it, this is not the solution to me. I could never do this. This is not fair, not at all. No one deserves this.

I didn't even realise when did my eyes started to water until I focused on my vision and it was blurry.

I hate to cry like this. This indicates how weak and sensitive I am. But I can't stop these tears, knowing the girl I love used to bleed here, alone.

But atleast those patches weren't recent. Thank God, I couldn't describe how lucky and blessed I felt seeing Hana growing as a person again. She was starting to live, she was becoming the sunshine she used to admire. I had to make sure no clouds surrounded her, so she could always shine so brightly.

I sniffled ever so lightly and placed the pot back again, pulling the curtains back as they were. Darkness filled the room again, except the only light that was glowing in the room was from her table lamp, where she had just placed the roses I gave her. I stood to my feet and admired the vase, the bright red roses dipped in it. My eyes roamed around her stuff, her new books, her hair ties, her pens and pencils. Her pin board with her sketches, of scenery, of animals...and me.

No one could identify that so quickly, but I did. Especially from the mole below the lips of the rough sketch, wearing a grey suit, a very stylish one that I had never seen before. It looked breathtakingly beautiful, showcasing how much of a talented artist my girlfriend was.

I'll make sure to tease her regarding this later.

I smiled to myself and looked back at the door again, resting my hands on my hips.

It has been too long, I wonder what she's doing...is everything okay? What if...her mother found out?

I was still wondering when I heard the creak of the door and my breath hitched. I gulped and turned around, only to find Hana poking her head inside, her eyes shining in the dim lights.

I didn't even wait for her to say anything, and simply ran over to the door, not caring if my feet made thumping noises. She entered the room and stared at me in confusion, and when I reached her, face to face, I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"J-Jungkook..." Her arms hung loosely beside her, and I could hear the confusion in her voice. I didn't care.

"I'm so so proud of you, Hana."

"For what? Jungkook-"

"For enduring it all. For being strong. I'm just so proud of you, and please know this... you mean a lot to me."

"Oh...did you..." her voice faded beside my ear and because she was shorter, my nose directly came in contact with her hair when I hugged her. Her hair smelled of caramel. I just wanted to stay like that when I remembered we weren't alone in the house, not this time.

"Yes, I am sorry for... doing this all of a sudden. I just wanted to hug you. Because I'm so glad you survived all of that havoc." I looked down at her with fond eyes and hers were shining with glory, her lips pouted.

I leaned a little lower, pressing a finger below her chin to tilt her head up. When she did, I smiled and pressed my lips against her temple.

She stilled, and when I quickly pulled back, she grinned lightly.

"This was... so sudden." She said in a hushed tone.

"I know, I don't know why I did this."

"I like it." She replied with split pupiled gaze, but then she shook her head, "But Jungkook, we don't have time. My mom is in the washroom and I was here to call you so you could escape."

"Sure." Awkwardness dawned upon me all of a sudden and I started to pad out of her room, analysing the map of her house on my way back out. 

"Be quick." She whispered behind me as we tiptoed to the main door, and that's when I noticed my shoes, my eyes widening with fear.

"Wait," I stopped, Hana suddenly bumping behind me at my sudden pause, "your mom... didn't notice my shoes here?"

"Oh..." She mouthed, shaking her head, "I-I don't know, maybe she thought those were my dad's?"

"Fine." I said and quickly sat down to put them on. And as soon as I was done, the door to her parents' room opened and I stood up, ready to run outside, gripping onto the knob when I heard her call my name.

"Wait, who is that? Jungkook?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, and turned around to see Hana standing beside me, her expressions neutral.

"He just came in and was taking his shoes off. I was about to call for you, mom."

Smart girl.

"Ah, is that so? Did you come to meet Hana?" She smiled at me and I bowed at her.

"Good afternoon. Yes, I came here to see her. It's been more than a week."

It's just been 2 minutes...

"That's good! Hana must be feeling lonely, right?" She turned to her daughter and Hana nodded at the floor, not being able to look me in the eyes. But her pink cheeks said it all.

"I was. Thank you for coming in, Jungkook." She smiled, playing with her fingers.

"Come in, son. Sit down in the living room. I'll bring something for you to drink." Her mother gestured politely and I bowed once again, my cheeks heating up.

Don't act flustered.

I stepped inside, with Hana following close behind me. I walked in with her mother, and took a seat on the sofa. Pretending that I came here for the first time today was hard, and I wanted to laugh. Hana sat beside me, at a small distance and I glanced at her, her cheeks puffed as if she was holding back her laugh too.

"Do you like coffee?" Her mother asked from the kitchen.

"No, not much. Tea works better for me." I replied, to which she seemed impressed.

Wow, Google was right.

I had spent the last night searching for ways to impress your girlfriend's mother. And one point stated that having the same interests as her parents can help you win over their heart. And I got to know her mother loves the traditional tea. Even though I've never tasted it before, I have to pretend that I like it too.

"Wow, I love tea as well! Tell Hana, she keeps drinking coffee all the time." She shot a look at Hana to which she just pursed her lips and I laughed, rubbing my cheek.

"I'll make tea for all of us." She announced and Hana stood up defensively.

"Not me! I don't like it!" She protested.

"Shush! It's good for your health."

"Mom-"

"Even your friend prefers tea, learn something from him! Have you seen his biceps?" Her mother looked at me and I gulped.

"Do you want me to have biceps too?!"

"Drinking tea won't turn you into a boxer overnight!"

"So then give me coca cola."

"Nope, the doctor refused to give you any cold beverages for atleast a month."

"Ahhh..." Hana groaned and I just watched them both bickering together.

"Hana, try the tea, it's nice for your throat." I reached out to place my hand on top of hers, and she immediately flipped me off.

"Don't touch me." She muttered.

"Oh sorry."

"So, is there any special occasion? Or are you just here to visit Hana?" Her mother kept on initiating conversations while making tea.

"Oh, I wanted to see you too. It's always nice to have some conversations with people older than my age, so that I can get some useful tips and advices." I replied honestly.

"That's really good, where are your parents now?" She asked as she approached us with the tray of snacks. I turned my hands into fists at their mention.

"They are... back in Busan. They both are handling our family business. I'm alone here."

"Aw, I can understand how lonely you must feel." She sat down and looked at me sympathetically.

I didn't need that sympathy. I was doing just fine without them.

"Yes." I said, keeping my gaze low.

Now is the correct timing to ask her.

"Mom- ah sorry, aunty-" I bit my tongue,  gritting my teeth together.

Shit.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" I began clarifying but she started to laugh.

"It's okay! You're like a son to me." She handed me my cup.

Son? Does that mean...she thinks of us as SIBLINGS?!

No way.

I took a sip, the bitterness spreading on my tongue. Though I kept my expressions normal, but it was hard to keep the embarassment to myself.

"So, I wanted to ask if...um... you'd like to send Hana out with me? On a regular outing?" I gathered enough courage to finally utter the words which were constantly circling in my mind.

"What? When?" She raised her brows and I turned to Hana. She simply shrugged, her lips turning downwards.

"Um...the 8th?"

"That's her birthday." She uttered.

"Oh, is that so? Well, I had the day off so I thought it would be nice to go out and have some fresh air. Knowing that my exams are also approaching, I won't be able to meet her as much. So..."

I waited for her reaction, but it didn't come. She kept staring at her cup, and I sat back uncomfortably, awaiting her response.

"You know, we don't celebrate her birthday as grandly as everyone else does. We actually don't believe in them, but it's nice to see her around at home, even when it's her birthday. I want to see her here, knowing her father is also going on a trip for some days."

"We won't be gone for the whole day." I told her, facing Hana, "right? Three to four hours is enough. I just want to make her feel special on a special day, and you can also spend the rest of the day with her. Please?"

"It's okay if you don't want to allow, mom. I know what you think and I also know that you're very protective of me, I was locked in the house for a long time and I don't even have any friends. I'm turning 19 this year and it's very shameful of me to not enjoy my life like others do. I also want to go out and do all of that, but since Jungkook is a boy, I can understand your worries." Hana said, gripping her sweatshirt. She seemed nervous, sad even.

"No, it's not that," her mother took a sip, pondering, "Jungkook is a nice boy. I've known him longer than you, I've heard only good things about him."

"Oh," I breathed, feeling flustered, "thank you, I'm glad you trust me enough. So, is that a yes?"

"Do you like her, Jungkook?" She suddenly asked and I almost spat my tea out.

"Wh-What?"

"You heard it. Do you like my daughter?" She questioned again and I slowly turned to Hana, her eyes wide.

"I do."

"Jungkook-" Hana cut off in between, meeting her mother's gaze. She didn't budge, staring straight at me.

"You like her? Romantically?"

"I don't know that, but I do like her. Whether you think of it as friendship or something more. She's so pure, and trustworthy and honest, that's what I like the most about her. I haven't known her for so long, but all that I know about her, I think she's so good. So in that aspect, yes, I like her."

Wow, I did not just say that to her.

Now I know what's going to happen, she'll tell me to not meet Hana anymore. She'll force us to be apart.

"Mom, Jungkook doesn't mean it like that, I'm sure of that. Please do not think of this as something false..." Hana tried to convince her but I kept looking down, placing the cup back on the table, which was still half-filled.

"I knew this, I'm not shocked." She said after a long pause, making me curl my toes in my socks.

"Ever since the hospital incident, I sensed something was there. I'm not against it, because Jungkook is a very nice guy compared to all the boys of this generation. That's why I refer to him as a son. But I also want to think of my daughter's safety. She's still young, she doesn't know much about life, let alone her love life. She hasn't achieved anything yet, and I don't want her to lose even before she starts something. I don't want any distractions in her life."

"Our f-friendship is not a distraction for me, it's more like a... merit for me. He has helped me throughout these days and he is nice! It's not a distraction!" Hana tried to persuade her mother.

"If you think so, then okay, I will try not to distract her so much. We won't talk much until Hana gets into college again and starts her studies. I won't pressurise her to see me or anything, but people our age do these things illegally, without letting their parents know. And here I am, asking for your permission everytime I want to see her. I-I don't know how you think that but fine, I won't do this anymore. But please, one last time."

"Don't say that, that's another thing that I appreciate. I really like how you care about my daughter. Okay, you can take her out." She finally gave in.

"I can?"

"Yes, just this time. I also want her happiness, and if she wants this on her own day, then I won't refuse. But only this one time." She looked over at Hana, who couldn't believe this herself until she turned to me, her brown eyes twinkling.

"Thank you, thank you so much aunty."

"Now I understand why you suddenly called me 'mom'," she laughed, "already planning your future?"

"Mom!" Hana screeched, "Don't take her seriously, please. She likes to joke around."

"Why not? I'm not complaining. I will be glad to have him as a son in law nonetheless." She said, "After all, he's handsome, and good at studies, and he's so thoughtful."

I felt my cheeks heating up at all the compliments.

"But that doesn't mean I allow you both to date! Not until you become something. You both need to work hard for your future. Remember, this time won't come around again, you can fall in love your whole life but you can't achieve your dreams after a certain time."

"I understand your worries." I nodded.

"Jungkook, I think you should leave. You've been here for so long." Hana stood up and spun around to face me.

"Why? He's only been here for 20 minutes!" Her mom scrunched her brows.

"Oh? Feels like an hour to me," she held my arm lightly, "you can leave. We will see each other day after tomorrow."

The visible blush on her cheeks made me giggle, but I could feel myself turning red too. I couldn't see myself but I couldn't bet I was blushing harder by every passing minute.

"Stop forcing him out, Hana! Behave yourself!" Her mother shouted, her pitch higher than her usual soft voice she used around me. I flinched and so did Hana, slowly letting go of my sleeve.

"Sorry." She murmured and I felt bad.

"You should know how to treat others. Is this what I taught you?" She taunted her again and Hana looked embarrassed to even look up. She kept glaring downwards, and I could see the way her throat moved, as if she was trying to swallow her tears.

"It's okay, I don't really mind." I reached a hand out to capture Hana's hand to give her reassurance but her mother's sharp gaze made me freeze.

"Hana, just because you're getting this freedom doesn't mean you would forget manners. Remember what I have always taught you, be a lady." She lectured but Hana didn't even look up.

I know she must be feeling embarrassed because she got scolded in front of me.

"Aunty, you don't have to scold her for any of this. It was just a simply form of friendship and I'm sure she said it jokingly. Do not take it to heart, I know how well-mannered she is."

"You should stay out of our matter, Jungkook." She crossed her arms, "Hana hasn't been like this ever. She's always been delicate with every gesture of hers, I have taught her. I can't allow her to be so touchy and playful, especially with the opposite gender. A girl should always remember obeisance."

"Oh, it's fine... I'll remember that she doesn't do that anymore, I'll make sure of it. She won't disappoint you." I turned to Hana, her gaze now lifted off the floor and her hazel eyes peeking from behind her brown, wavy hair.

"I'll leave now, take care, Hana." I turned to face her and grinned affectionately. She nodded, very slowly waving her hand in front of her face, without uttering any word.

The doorbell rang and her mother left the living room to attend whoever was there. I took it as a chance to slowly pat her head and swipe the curtains of her hair to see her eyes, they were a little glossy but she wasn't crying.

"It's okay, baby. We all go through it, you don't have to feel embarrassed." I whispered in her ear and she finally smiled a little.

"Take care, Jungkook." She uttered.

I started to walk out of the room and when I turned into the hallway, I suddenly bumped into someone. Someone big and muscular. Stumbling a little, I backed away and met his gaze. We both stared at each other for a good ten seconds when Hana called out from behind me.

"Oh dad, you are back already?"

Dad? Oh my God.

"Ah, good afternoon, uncle." I bowed to the lowest angle I could go to show my respect and he hummed, turning around.

"Uh, hello. Who are you though?" His voice was deep and commanding.

"That's Jungkook, Hana's friend. I know him too. He's such a nice guy." Hana's mom interjected before I could respond, but I still extended my hand to introduce myself.

"I am Jeon Jungkook. I came to meet Hana. Nice to see you."

He shook my hand with confusion, "Jeon?"

"Yes."

"What's your father's name?"

"His name is Jeon Hyunwoo."

"Oh?" He raised a brow, "so you are his son?"

I opened my mouth to ask what he meant but Hana's mom was faster.

"What? Who are you referring to?"

"Jeon Hyunwoo, the businessman who lost the project to my team a few days ago."

A/N

A long chapter, I hope you guys like it! I love drama so much muahahahahaha

Take care xoxo

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

26.4K 719 14
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ☆Includes: Depression, self-harm, bullying, manipulation, and others. Don't read if you have a problem with it. ~ Jeon Jungkook is...
20.5K 1K 23
JJK X Y/N X KTH [Book 1] "I made my way to the terrace with a euphoric mood just to meet with the darkest surprise of my life. Something that would c...
1.2M 64.9K 90
When the campus heartthrob Jeon Jungkook who's actually a secret, self-professed romantic at heart, and the innocent country girl Kim Y/N, who's actu...
363 1 21
w/c: 155k ❤︎ 18+ "I fucking hate you!" "Likewise.." Bold, brash and seemingly ready for anything, you hustle day and night in the big city trying to...