Depressed || JJK

By unnshiii_07

"Are you the cure to my depression?" A girl, usually sad, fragile and always scared about the outcomes of her... More

β€’Introductionβ€’
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(51)
(52)
(53)
(55)
(56)

(54)

236 19 11
By unnshiii_07

*Hana's POV*

When I returned back home after spending approximately 2 hours out, the last thing I imagined was my parents waiting for me, together, outside our apartment.

"Hana, I told you to keep your location on." My father walked towards me as I made my way to him  nervously.

"My phone's battery died."

"You should keep it charged, always." He patted my head gently and I nodded at the ground, confused.

Or maybe not so used to these gestures, especially from him.

"Where did you go today?" My mom asked.

"Just... around the park."

"Come in, let's make ramyeon." She pointed inside and I sighed from tiredness.

"Do you feel weak?" My father quickly asked me as I stumbled while taking off my shoes.

"N-No, I'm fine. I'm just a little thirsty." I managed to say, not being able to understand their sudden changed behaviour towards me.

"Go to your room and take some rest, then I'll show you the admission forms I received from my friend." My father told me as he poured fresh water in a glass and handed it to me.

"You already did?"

"Your dad isn't that slow," he laughed in an attempt to make me smile, but I could only stare at him, in shock and disbelief.

"I can't beleive that you really agreed..." I whispered as I took large sips from the glass, my throat suddenly as dry as the Sahara desert.

"Because now I understand that there's no point in forcing your children into taking steps towards your favourite direction," he said, "yes, parents are a little selfish because they want to see their kids living their best life, that's why we make choices for you so that you can live your life luxuriously."

"But we also can't force you into stepping into our shoes, knowing all well that if the shoe doesn't fit, it's only going to hurt you later." He smiled the tiniest bit.

I couldn't help but feel my heart drum against my chest at his words.

He's so changed...

"If you really do believe that you can do better in a career of your own choice, then who are we to stop you? It just took long enough for me to get it. A doctor, engineer or lawyer aren't the only options in the world. And since my daughter feels passionate towards a certain career, I must support her with all my will, knowing that one day she's going to make me proud either way, right?"

"I-I will," I murmured, stepping closer to him and resting my face against his chest to hide my tears, "I will do my best. Thank you for finally believing in me, dad."

"Fashion designing isn't really that easy, either. But I'm confident after seeing those sketches." He rubbed my back, pointing towards the dining table.

I took a step back and stared at the table, only to cover my mouth in shock when I noticed two of my old sketchbooks on the surface.

"Oh my God, you both...saw them?"

"Don't act so surprised, we knew this since awhile." My mother picked them up and walked towards us, handing me the books covered in thick brown paper, which I used to make them look like my course books so my parents wouldn't know that I used to sketch.

"I saw this last week when you were in the hospital, and I immediately clicked pictures and sent them to your dad," she flipped through the pages, "this one, I really loved this design. This would look so good when it will turn into an actual dress!"

"And show me that one," my father took the sketchbook from her, "that one she made...the brown tuxedo type."

"Th-That one is in the other book."

They stopped flipping and stared at me, the three of us just staring at each other, their eyes alight with hope and mine glossy with tears of happiness.

And then we all just bursted into laughter.

Together.

I covered my mouth, in an attempt to wipe a tear that flowed down my cheek, not knowing whether it was from happiness or excitement or the realisation of finally experiencing what I had been dreaming for years.

Them finally understanding me, supporting me and showing that they cared.

Although they did care for me since the start. Every parent does. But they always failed to show me what it was like to feel so open with your own parents, sharing your feelings with them without a second thought of being judged I always ended up lying because I was scared they'd scold me. Acting like a stranger towards them, who didn't even realise what I was going through all this time.

I didn't know what had caused this change, but I was happy. After a long battle of fears and judgements and hopelessness, I finally conquered what I had always wanted. A true and trustworthy relationship with my parents.

But this is just the start, the voice in my head said, this is the first time in so long when they acted like they understood me. What if it's a show of act again? What if they're doing it to gain my trust and what if they break it again? Would I be able to be the same again, the person that I've become after so many hardships, the confidence that I've gained in myself, would it all be the same?

I tried to push that thought away as my father handed me both the sketchbooks, they ghost of a smile still plastered on his thin lips. Though I never saw him smile so much, I still loved seeing him happy. Both him and my mother.

"Go to your room and take some rest. I'll call you for dinner." My mother said as she lightly stroked my chin.

"Okay...thank you so much." I bowed slightly, and walked towards my room, tightly clutching both my books in my hands, my feet feeling like feathers acrosss the floor.

I felt so lightweight, almost as if I could fly. Everything was getting better. Me, my situations and my relationships. That's all I ever wanted as a teenager.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After two days, while I was sitting outside, resting my chin against the balcony and staring down at the busy road, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

When I turned around, I saw my father.

"Oh dad, you're back." I stood up from the mat I was sitting on and dusted my pants.

"Yes, I got you something." He licked his lips and shuffled through his bag, "since I am going out of station for about 3 weeks."

I waited patiently, watching him take out a black coloured box from inside the bag. Watching it confusedly, I asked, "what is this?"

"Your birthday present from me. Since I won't be here." He smiled, and handed the box to me.

I held it in my hands, it was lightweight, and even though it was black, with neon coloured strips on the sides and packed inside cellophane sheet, it was shining brightly in the sunlight.

"My birthday gift?"

I didn't even remember.

"Yeah, open it whenever you want. I didn't know what to get since you're older for dolls and teddy bears, and I don't have much knowledge about makeup and clothes for girls...so I just got this. I hope you'll like it."

"Oh, thank you dad. I already like it."

"You haven't even seen what's inside." He chuckled lowly, the wrinkles around his eyes stretching as he squinted in the sunlight.

I'm not the only one getting old...my parents are too.

Sometimes we get too selfish and don't realise that we're wasting all this precious time. I don't get to spend much time with them and I regret it now.

"I love it because you got it for me." I whispered, staring down at the box. I shook it gently, pressing my ear to it.

"Ah, my lovely daughter." He patted my head again, "can't beleive you're turning 19 already. I wasn't around you all the time since you turned 15 and look, how the time flies. I regret not spending it around my family."

"You are working to provide for us, and honestly...the time and care you're giving me now makes up for all those lost years. I despised those times thinking I was alone but not anymore, dad. So you should not regret it." I pressed my head to his chest, the timid sound of the thumps of his heartbeat echoing against my ear.

He smoothed his hand down my hair, and at that moment, I couldn't describe how calming and soothing it felt. As if every problem, every issue slipped down my body with each gentle stroke of his.

I used to hate my father... I was so so stupid.

He's not bad at all. Those were just some bad circumstances and I want to forget all those harsh years like a bad dream.

"So, you'll be back in December?" I asked, gloomily.

"I'll try to be back by the end of November. Have you filled the form I gave you?"

"Yes, it's in my room. I'll go and get it." I pulled back from his embrace and it felt as if I left a part of me with him.

I walked back to my room and kept the present from my father on the table. While I was looking around for the form, my phone rang on the bed and I bent a little to read the caller's name.

"Jungkook?" I picked the phone from the bed but before I could take the call, it ended.

I'll just call him later... I need to talk with my father regarding these questions in the form.

I picked the papers and a pen from my pen-stand and walked out, leaving my phone in the room.

While filling the missing parts in the form with my father at the dining table, I looked around.

"Where is mom?"

"There's a meeting downstairs for the ladies, I guess. She went there." He answered as he fixed his glasses.

"Oh okay." I turned my attention back to him, "what about the transport?"

"I guess you'll have to take the public bus for it. The station is near the campus."

"It's about...8 kilometres away, right?"

"Approximately."

I chewed on my lower lip and crossed my arms over the table, resting my head in between.

A new campus. New college life. It is going to be tough for me...

But I can do it. This is what I chose for myself and even my parents have hopes for me. I'm not going to let them down again.

"Okay, it's done. I'll submit it on my way to office tomorrow." He stacked the papers together and stood up.

"We'll go to see the campus once I come back. Till then, you can rest fully and get yourself charged up." I stood up with him and nodded.

"Sure."

"Okay, my friend is waiting for me in the park. We decided to play golf. Will you be fine here?"

"Of course, I'm fine! Mom would be coming up pretty soon." I shrugged.

"Okay, then I'm leaving. Lock the main door." He squatted a little to wear his shoes but I stopped him, and sat down on the floor.

"Let me do this."

"Hana, no-"

"Appa, if I'm getting older, that doesn't mean you're young either. Let me put on your shoes." I scolded him jokingly and he started to laugh.

"Now I know my daughter really is getting mature."

I helped him wear his shoes as he placed his foot inside each shoe and I pushed it further to fit it the right way, then tied the laces perfectly.

"Take care!" I waved at him as he waved back, that tiny grin on his lips accompanying him in the best way possible.

I locked the door, as he said and strided down the hallway, looking around my empty house. I checked the time, and it was half past twelve already. I felt hungry so I decided to eat something. Checking inside the fridge, I could only find, eggs, milk and some leftover kimchi.

"Ah... there's nothing-"

My eyes flashed to the last shelf in the refrigerator and in the end, I found some grapes, hidden behind a bowl.

"Mom always hides these things, thinking I won't find them? I'm her daughter after all." I smirked to myself as I took out the bunch of grapes and carried it around to the balcony again.

I tossed one grape at a time in the air and caught it in between my teeth like a pro, bowing to my invisible audience as if I just performed the best trick at a circus.

The bell rang and I hopped over to the door like a bunny, ready to welcome my mom inside.

"Mom, where were you gone for so long? I'm hungry-" I pushed the door outside as my mouth was filled with atleast five grapes altogether, and I choked on them when I noticed it wasn't my mother standing outside.

"O-Oh Jungkook? Shit-" I covered my mouth when I came face to face with him, and immediately ran back inside as fast as a cheetah, spitting the contents of my mouth in the dustbin.

Why do all our meetings at my house have to be so embarassing?!

I left the remaining grapes on the counter, and gargled, not being able to comprehend what to do.

"I have to face him, it's not like I can just hide in here." I mumbled to myself as I took slow steps back to the main door.

"Hey."

"Hi," he smiled casually, and that's when I noticed the small bouquet of roses that he was holding.

"I'm sorry, I thought it was my mom." I fiddled with my fingers, not knowing whether to invite him in or go out myself.

"It's fine. I like how flustered you act everytime I come to your house." He extended his arm, "here, I brought some flowers for you."

"F-Flowers? What's the occasion?"

He looked at me confusedly, then cleared his throat, "Well, don't men in dramas bring flowers for their girlfriends when they meet?"

"Oh."

I immediately stepped down and took the bouquet from him, our hands brushing together as I did so. My heart began drumming loudly at the simple gesture as I brought the flowers up to my face in an attempt to cover my smile.

"They...smell really nice."

"Do they? I am glad to know. I don't know much about flowers but since roses are famous of all, I got them for you." He scratched the back of his neck, "also, uh...I called you but you didn't pick up. Is your mom home?"

"Oh, no. She went out an hour ago. You can...um...come inside if you want to."

"No, I can't."

"Why not?"

"Your mom told us not to meet when you're alone at home."

Oh, so he remembers.

"Right."

We stood awkwardly, Jungkook outside the entrance and me inside my house, the door wide open as we just awkwardly stared at each other.

"Then I will c-come out."

"No! Stay there!" The loudness of his voice made me flinch as I took a step forward, then immediately stepped back at his command.

"This is awkward!"

I noticed a few ladies peeking from their doors and I couldn't stand them watching us doing whatever the hell we were doing, so I just stepped out, held Jungkook by his sleeve and pulled him in. He stumbled a little as he pulled the knob behind and the door closed with a click.

"Your mom is going to kill me."

"But those aunties were watching us, that was way more dangerous!"

"So now they saw me coming in, won't they think that's even more weird?" He crossed his arms.

"No, even if they do, they won't tell my mom because we have been enemies for three years. Ever since she refused to give my mom her famous rice cakes that she distributed to everyone around here." I explained as I noticed I was still holding onto his sleeve.

I quickly turned my hand into a fist and noticed the colour of the shirt he was wearing.

"Oh look, we're matching!"

He stopped abruptly and stared down at his light pink coloured shirt, and then his eyes roamed around my body, to my pink coloured sweatshirt.

"Oh, really! We are." He chuckled, bringing his hand down to hold mine in a swift move.

He really is so touchy, he can't go for ten minutes without holding my hand whenever we're together.

"How's the bruise on your head?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"It's almost healed."

"Oh," I bit my lip, "and your parents? Did they leave?"

"Yes, yesterday." He said, eyes scanning around the corridor.

"What are you looking for?" I looked into the direction, following his gaze.

"Nothing, I can't look at you right now."

My eyes widened.

"Wh-What? Why? Do I not look good?"

He sighed, pressing two fingers against his temple, his hold on my hand tightening a little.

"You look so good that it makes me want to kiss you. And I can't do that right now."

Oh...

I cleared my throat, physically feeling my cheeks heating up at his words.

"Jungkook..."

"Yeah?"

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what?"

"So cute." I brought my hand up and ruffled his hair, sweeping it out of his eyes.

"Are you sure your mom is coming back soon? I need to have a talk." He asked impatiently, changing the subject. He already sounded flustered enough and I couldn't hold in my laughter at his cutesy.

"I don't know, she didn't even take her phone." I replied, "what do you need to talk about, though?"

"About taking you out, you forgot?"

Oh, our first date???

"I don't think she'll agree, because the last time she allowed us to go out, she sent Jia with me." I reminisced the memories of my little sister.

"I'll try to charm her enough that she'll have to agree." He winked.

"Okay... let's not talk about it for now. She'll be coming back anytime soon and you're inside my house with me and I don't know what would happen if she sees you here." I said, my voice wavering with panic.

"But you pulled me inside! I was fine standing out there."

"Never mind," I sighed, "do you want some water?"

"Now that you asked, sure. I feel really thirsty."

"Okay," I noticed him shifting from one leg to other when I was about to turn to go to the kitchen.

"Do your legs hurt, Jungkook?"

"Oh... I couldn't find a taxi so I had to stand at the bus station for about half an hour. My legs feel like jelly." He laughed, although he didn't show but I could notice he badly wanted to sit down somewhere.

"Come in and sit down."

"What? No, Hana. It's fine."

"Mom will understand."

I really hope she does, now that she's gotten a little comfortable with me and Jungkook being around.

"Okay, then," he slowly took of his shoes and placed them neatly side by side as he walked behind me and into the kitchen. I motioned for him to sit down on the sofa but he refused, following me into the kitchen like a lost puppy.

"Here," I handed him a glass of water, which he gulped down swiftly. I watched him with fond eyes, and then down at the bouquet he got for me.

I'm so lucky to have him.

"I'll go and keep these flowers in my room. Sit down, here on the sofa." I told him as he wiped his mouth with his sleeve and nodded, taking a seat on the sofa. He sat down awkwardly and looked back at me, a shy smile playing on his lips.

I smiled back at him and shoved the door to my room. I looked through my wardrobe and found an old vase, which I immediately filled with water and dipped the seven roses in it carefully.

I heard a knock on my door and when I turned around, I found Jungkook peeking in from the little space.

"Oh, I was just coming out... I thought I should keep them in a vase so they don't wither quickly." I explained and got up from the floor, placing the blue glass vase on my desk.

"That's a good thing to do." He shook his head encouragingly, "may I com in?"

"Um... there's not really anything to see in my room." I quickly looked around to see if there's anything embarrassing in there, but then I remembered that I had cleaned my room a day ago because I was bored.

"As your boyfriend, I am allowed to see the space you mostly spend your time in, no?" He asked in a flirty way and I laughed.

"Yes, but-"

Before I could say anything, Jungkook shoved the door further and walked in, his bare feet thumping against the carpet in the pin drop silence. He shut it back and his eyes roamed around my room, taking everything in.

"Your room is cute." He pointed to my collection of soft toys resting in a heap on my freshly made bed. Then he walked further in and touched my desk, gaze looking on the sticky notes and doodles I pasted on my wall.

"Thanks." I smiled cheesily.

"What's that?" He referred to the present my father gave me with his shoulder and I walked towards it and picked it up in my arms.

"Oh, my dad gave it to me in the morning, as a birthday present."

"Birthday? Wait, I'm such an idiot," he facepalmed dramatically, "I completely forgot to ask you, when is your birthday, Hana?"

"It's fine, birthdays aren't a big deal for me anyway." I chuckled as I sat down on the edge of my bed with the black box in my hand.

"Not anymore, when I'm with you. I'll make your every birthday special from my side, I promise." He sat down beside me, his fingers snaking through my free hand and squeezing reassuringly.

"Oh Jungkook," I turned to him, "my birthday is on the 8th of November."

"What? Day after tomorrow?!" He sqeaked.

"Yeah..."

"That's pretty soon, I should take you out on the same day, then." He said, his big brown eyes glistening with excitement.

I've never seen someone being this excited for somebody else's birthday. Jungkook really is a pure hearted guy.

"That's...okay." I whispered shyly, looking down at the ribbon on the top of the present.

"Hana," his tone was low, "happy birthday in advance."

I turned my head towards him, and he was mere centimetres away. He scooted a little closer, I could feel his breath fanning my cheeks. I closed my eyes as he leaned in a little more, both of us holding our breathes.

"I'm back!" I heard my mother's voice as he was about to kiss me and I jolted up in shock, jumping from my bed and shoving Jungkook away with such a great force he almost fell off my bed.

"Shit shit shit, we're doomed!"

A/N

A funny and cute chapter because I know we all love it hehe.

What's gonna happen next? ;)

Stay tuned~

Also, the Jungkook in the chapter looks like thisssss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 200 54
In which Hoseok is touch starved, isolated, and alone at university, and doesn't know enough to realise his disinterest in sex might mean something m...
850 344 5
Λšβ‚ŠΒ· ͟͟͞͞➳β₯ JJK x KTH AU Jungkook and Taehyung have been best friends for years, since childhood. They have never questioned their closeness because i...
8.2K 307 40
"I like you too but I still don't know what love is, I'm still figuring it out," he said while looking at the other, deeply into their eyes. "It's ok...
52.1K 2.3K 102
[COMPLETED] When a young man named Jungkook falls ill with a deadly condition, he's told that his life will never be the same. With his life hanging...