With You | Thoma x Ayaka | Ge...

By Maeyln

「OFFICIALLY COMPLETE」 Ayaka Kamisato's life is peaceful and like water, smooth and reflective. But when a new... More

The Newcomer
First Night
First Day
Always Here
Should I Fall
Before the Festival
Fireworks
Chit-Chat and Boats
The Ride to Liyue
SPECIAL: Merry Christmas!
Wangsheng Funeral Parlor
Life and Death
Breakfast at the Inn
SPECIAL: Happy New Year!
Before I Say, 'Goodbye'
Breaking Point
Arranged Meetings
Wedding
Here I Am
Sunrise
Enough Gloom and Doom!!!!!
Hu Tao and Zhongli
A Sudden Visit
"I'm On Your Side"
No Going Back
An Attendant
Under the Rain
Suddenly
Jealousy
Working Hard?
Dreams
Ending the Dream
Waving Goodbye to the Past
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT
Never Known
Brightness of the Moon
Hope and Faith
Burned Out in the Flame
Warms Up Every Heart
Oceans
Sparkling
Lanterns like Stars
Training!
Land of the Winds
"Free" as the Wind
The Harsh Winds
Winds that Cry
SPECIAL: Valentine's Day!
A Gentle Breeze
Back Home
Acting Head
Determination
A Trial
SPECIAL: White Day
Protector from Afar
The Shrine Priestess
The Conference
Fatigue
QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT: THE SEQUEL
The Whispers
Relationships
The Boyfriend (?!)
A Smile
Snow like Light
SPECIAL: Red Plum
Winter in Inazuma
Announcement
Everything We Have
Rest Well
Strength
Sorrowful Dream
SPECIAL: Best of Us
The Day has Come
Making its Way Around
Straws of Cherry Blossoms
The Night Off
Preparing for Relaxation
The Head of the Kamisato Clan
Stories of the Wind
A Beach Chapter?
The Guest
Taking Action
For Your Future
By My Side
I'm Sorry
Soulful
And The Rain Fell
Stay Close to Me
From Ritou to You
Tales From Afar
Fear
EXTRA: Kiana's Days
Inazuma's Archon
Coming to an End
Days of Plenty
A Part That's Missing
Something New
「With You」

That Nostalgic Feeling

212 5 46
By Maeyln

   The night was loud and the cheers from Inazuma City could be heard all the way from the Kamisato estate as people prepared for the Summer Festival that would be happening later that evening.

   "Good job Ayaka, it sounds like you were able to put together yet another successful Summer Festival." Ayato congratulated with a big proud smile.

   "Young Lord, are you planning on sneaking out?" Sharar asked, her eyes looking dangerous, "You still have a lot of paperwork regarding Mr. Kurosiki's disappearance, the handling of all the Fatui, and a recent letter has arrived for you from Liyue that has been regarded as incredibly important."

  Ayato looked nervous.

  "I wouldn't just forget about all my duties and run off!" Ayato defended as he picked up an Egg Roll.

  "You can read Young Lord so well, Sharar!" Abdiel laughed.

  "So Ayaka, will you go to the festival?" asked Ayato.

  "Oh, hm... yes. I will tonight," Ayaka nodded, "Thoma will be accompanying me."

  "How lucky!" Abdiel grinned, as he looked at Ayato, "If only someone would let me go..."

   "I'm not the one who is keeping us confined here, Abdiel." Ayato gestured his head towards Sharar.

   "This is your job." Sharar reminded.

   "We can get you something from the festival tonight." Ayaka assured.

   "A firework?" Abdiel asked with hopeful eyes.

   "Erm... that might be a bit hard...." Ayaka replied.

    "We don't want Yoimiyer to get mad at us..." Thoma nodded.

                                                                          ...

   In the kitchen, everyone was hard at work for preparing for Lunch.

  "Wow! I feel like it's been forever since I've last been here!" Thoma laughed as he sliced green onions.

   "You were here this morning." Itsuki reminded.

   "Ah, I suppose that's true," Thoma nodded, "It feels like it's been a month."

   "Perhaps you've just been too busy," Itsuki suggested, "You've been so caught up with other things that being in the kitchen has completely flown out of your head."

  "Such... wise words, Teacher!" Thoma praised, he then heard a groan and turned to see Kiana looking completely defeated, "She's been looking down all day today, did something happen?"

  "Hm... I suppose she's "graduating" from a kid who can't cut onions to a mature young lady?" Itsuki summarized.

 "...." Thoma didn't understand, "Teacher... I... I... you managed to put together such a meaningful metaphor that I need to take a moment to think about it..."

 "Maybe something's wrong with this boy..." Itsuki thought, "I just spouted some nonsense..."

                                                                       ...

   Kiana sighed once more as she walked into her room and collapsed on her futon, letting out another sigh.

  "Are you alright Kiana?" Mei asked, knocking on the door, "You looked sad all day this morning and afternoon."

  "Well, I realized after seeing Thoma and Lady Ayaka yesterday..." Kiana started, "Maybe... I'm destined to be forever lonely!"

   Mei fell silent as Kiana cried into her sheets.

  "Kiana..." Mei sighed, "There, there, we can go to the festival tonight together if you want..."

   "Really?!" Kiana exclaimed.

                                                                    ...

   "It's nice to have everything be so calm after these past few days." Ayaka noted as she re-positioned the portrait of her mother on her desk.

  "Are you looking forward to the festival tonight, M'lady?" Thoma asked, setting down a cold cup of tea in front of her and the portrait.

  "Yes, I'm sure it'll be enjoyable." Ayaka nodded, she smiled as she tapped her desk cheerfully.

  "How do you think the fireworks will be this year?" Thoma questioned.

  "I'm sure they'll be spectacular, after all, Yoimiya and her family are the ones in charge of them."

 "What do you think we should get Lord Ayato, Abdiel, and Sharar as souvenirs?"

  Ayaka thought about it.

  "Perhaps..." she thought some more, "... Some caffeine?"

   Thoma laughed.

   "Wait... they might actually need that..." Thoma realized.

                                                          ...

   "Mother... Father... please let me go to the festival..." Ayato muttered as he signed papers away.

   "Young Lord, I thought last year you said you didn't want to go to keep up the family's reputation." Abdiel reminded.

  "Indeed, the reputation of the Yashiro Commissioner and head of Kamisato Clan." Sharar nodded.

 "But Ayaka completely organized this one by herself this year..." Ayato complained.

 "And you have a lot of urgent work that needs to be looked at," Sharar said, "Did you read the letter from Liyue?"

 "I did," Ayato sat up, he tossed the letter to Sharar so her and Abdiel could read it over, "Take a look."

"Dear Lord Kamisato Ayato,

    I'm writing to inform you that Liyue was recently saved by the mysterious Traveller I had told you about in my last letter. They are incredibly strong in terms of combat skills and they are also the Hero of Mondstadt. Grand Master Jean also gave them the title of Honorary Knight so as you can imagine, their physical prowess is quite amazing.

   Their next stop will be Inazuma and from what I have heard, they will be arriving in three months time, I advise you to be well prepared for their arrival and as their friend and Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing, I do ask that you keep them safe from the Almighty Shogun's fury. Perhaps, like they did with Mondstadt and Liyue, the Traveller could possibly be the key to releasing Inazuma from the constant thunders of Inazuma .

   Please do keep this in mind and if they ask for it, please offer them assistance in their possible struggles in Inazuma and the future.

   Lady Ningguang"

   Sharar, who had finished reading first, handed Abdiel the letter to say, "The Tianquan of Liyue places a lot of faith in this mysterious Traveller. Young Lord, do you trust her?"

  "Lady Ningguang has never given me a reason to distrust her judgment," said Ayato, "However... three months until their arrival... they will have many troubles in Ritou."

  "Well, just being a wandering traveller and all of that, of course they will." Abdiel, who finally finished reading, crossed his arms.

  "Yes, there is that," Ayato nodded, "The best way to handle that would be to send someone out to get to know Ritou well... someone who is already acquainted with it and may be able to connect easily with the locals and that town's customs..."

 "Other than me and Thoma, do most not usually come from Inazuma City?" Sharar asked.

 "Hm... you're right about that," Ayato thought, then he smiled, "No, no, there is in fact one person who stayed in Ritou for a short amount of time."

  "Who?" Abdiel questioned.

  "He looked an awful lot like a lost dog when we first found him." Ayato left it at that.

                                                                   ...

   "Thoma, Thoma," Ayaka clutched the sleeves of her boyfriend's jacket, "This year, the Great Narukami Shrine wanted to partake in the Summer Festival."

  "Eh? Really? They didn't last year."

  "They've never been interested, but Guuji Yae personally wrote me a letter saying that she would like to set up a booth this year for the Great Narukami Shrine to showcase some of Inazuma's history," Ayaka explained, "And since Kazari studied a lot of it, wouldn't it be natural for her to help handle the stall?"

   'Newcomer.' Those words rang in Thoma's ears as he thought about the possibility of seeing his former attendant colleague.

  "Haha... if I had told myself last year how happy I'd be with just the chance of seeing Kazari, I don't think he'd believe me." Thoma laughed with a large smile.

   Ayaka smiled.

  "A year ago, I wouldn't believe it either, she'd think that I'm odd because she'll believe I still see her every day." Ayaka nodded.

  "Oh! Right! For tonight, would it be better for you to be disguised again this year?" Thoma asked.

  "Hm..." Ayaka tapped her chin, "No, this year, I won't put up a disguise."

  "That's good to know," Thoma laughed slightly, "A-ah! I... have no idea how to put a yukata on someone."

  "Yukata?"Ayaka asked.

  "Ah! Sorry... I just assumed we would wear one again this year..." Thoma apologized.

  "Oh! No, I was unsure about whether you'd want to do it," Ayaka assured, "Yes.. this year... we'll wear them again."

  "Who will we get to do your yukata?" Thoma asked.

  "Well.... I suppose I can always try!" Ayaka beamed.

  "Do your best, M'lady!" Thoma nodded with encouragement.

                                                             ...

  The kitchen was loud with conversation as the staff talked all about the Summer Festival.

  "I heard the fireworks this year will be awesome!"

  "Hm? Aren't they always?"

  "Did you know that Guuji Yae is setting up a booth this year?"

  "For the Grand Narukami Shrine or Yae Publishing House?"

  "The shrine I heard."

  "That sounds like fun!"

  "Maybe I'll ask if I can go to the festival tonight..."

  "Oh! We can go together if we manage to get the night off!"

  "Everyone, I understand your excitement for the Summer Festival but do keep in mind that we need to finish washing everything from lunch and start preparing dinner." Itsuki reminded.

  "Yes Mr. Itsuki!" the kitchen staff all said in unison.

  Even after getting to work, people still continued to talk as they washed, dried, and put dishes away.

  "Ah, Kiana," Mei wet up to her friend, "For the festival tonight, want to go with Bronya?"

  "Bronya? She wants to go?" Kiana asked.

  "She was going to be alone," Mei explained, "It would be more fun to all go as a group, right?"

  "As long as she doesn't call me Kiana Idiotka..." Kiana sighed.

  "Well, I suppose I'll have to call you Subject Kiana just for tonight then," Bronya nodded to herself, "Oh, while we're there, let's hold some sparklers."

  "Bronya... seems awfully excited..." Kiana noted.

  Thoma walked into the kitchen as he stretched and made sure to re-tie his hair.

  "Oh! Teacher! What are we doing? Just cleaning up after lunch?"

  "Can you start the preparations of the broth? Just get the water boiling, we'll be finished cleaning soon." Itsuki instructed, "Anyone who's finished washing, start preparing the dinner menu."

  "Got it!" said a kitchen member.

  "Can someone crack and mix the eggs while I chop green onions?"

  "Thoma, I have the water in the pot, the heat's on."

  "Itsuki, there are leftovers from lunch that you can use to make the broth." 

   As Thoma began to boil the water, he suddenly felt very nostalgic.

  "The first day I came here... no one knew who I was..." he thought, "To think that now... I've been here for over a year..."

   Thoma didn't know what was up with him today, he was just remembering everything in the past and thinking about how lucky he was to end up where he was today.

  "Ah! Thoma! Are you alright?" Kiana asked, "You look like you're about the cry!"

  "Eh? Really?" Thoma rubbed his eyes and when he looked at his fingers, he saw small tears.

  "Is it the onions? I get that." Kiana nodded.

   "Haha..." Thoma laughed, "I'm just remembering a bunch of old things."

   "Oh! Nostalgia!" Kiana clapped her hands, "You know, someone once told me to let the people of the past stay in the past."

   "Hm? Ah, like a... 'let go of the past' kind of thing." Thoma said.

   "Yeah! Like that!" Kiana nodded, "But in my opinion, I think you shouldn't just wave goodbye to the past, but more like.... have a shoulder for it until you're ready to say goodbye first!"

  "... Did you learn that from Teacher?"

  "Haha.... you could tell?" Kiana laughed, "Well, you've got Lady Ayaka and everything but if you ever need to talk about anything that... you can't tell her about... you've always got me! I don't think I'll be able to help though..."

   "Oh! That's alright!" Thoma assured, "By the way, I wasn't thinking of anything sad so there's no need to worry about me."

   Kiana paused.

  "Wait.. so I gave away my cool speech for nothing?!" she exclaimed .

  "What are you two talking about...?" Itsuki asked, "Look Thoma, the water's already boiling."

  "Ahaha.... sorry Teacher..." Thoma apologized.

                                                                           ...

  "Ugh.... why is there so much work?" Abdiel sighed as he ate an Onigiri, "Isn't it too harsh to have a work overload on such a nice day...?"

  "We don't have control over that," Sharar reminded, "Geez Abdiel, we're almost done so calm down, if we finish in time-"

  "-Yes! We will go to the festival!" Ayato finished, "Come on everyone! Work harder!"

  "I'll never physically recover from this..." Abdiel muttered.

                                                                ...

   Ayaka nodded to herself as she tapped the last of her workload for the day into a nice pile, she had taken some of Ayato's workload as well so he would have less to do and be able to relax along with getting enough hours of sleep.

  "I must say... I do feel like Nii-sama gave me the easy stuff..." Ayaka mumbled, a majority of what she had read over were simple things such as being allowed to extend their farmland another meter but not into anyone's territory.

  The room was completely silent except for the sounds of her standing out of her chair to stretch her arms and then taking a look at her mother's portrait.

  "Mother, I'll bring you something, okay?" Ayaka asked as she tapped the picture frame, leaving the room to go get ready for the festival.

                                                                        ...

  Thoma knocked on Ayaka's room as he said, "M'lady? May I come in?" 

  "E-eh? T-Thoma? W-wait!" Ayaka's flustered voice could be heard as Thoma waited for her to open the door and let him in. Then, he heard Ayaka scream.

  "M'lady?!" Thoma exclaimed, "I'm coming in, okay?"

   Thoma opened the door to see Ayaka on the ground as her hair looked to be in a mess and the yukata poorly tied.

  "... M-M'lady? Are you okay...?" Thoma asked.

  "Erm... um... I... may not be able to properly tie a yukata..." Ayaka admitted sheepishly.

                                                                      ...

  Brushing her hair and putting it up nicely, Mei tied Ayaka's hair into a neat bun.

  "Thank you Mei..." Thoma sighed, "Sorry to make you do this before you head off..."

  "O-oh, t-think nothing of it!" Mei exclaimed, "I-I'm really happy that Lady Ayaka trusts me enough to d-do her hair!"

  "Aren't you glad I brought Mei here to do all of this instead of me?" Kiana laughed and nudged Thoma.

  "I just assumed that since you can do braids and ponytails... you'd be able to help..." Thoma let out another sigh.

  "Mei does my hair on the days it looks good." Kiana poked.

   "Lady Ayaka, please allow me to tie your obi correctly," Bronya spoke up, "It's coming to fall off with the way it's tied right now."

   "Oh... thank you..." Ayaka smiled, "I'm sorry to have the two of you helping me."

   "T-the pleasure's all mine, Lady Ayaka!" Mei exclaimed.

   "Please stand up, it's difficult to tie the obi if you're sitting down." Bronya instructed.

   "Y-yes!" Ayaka nodded.

  "Well, let's let them keep at it with their work," said Kiana, "Thoma, you should leave the room, it's not very proper to be in the same room when someone's being dressed!"

   "Kiana.. we're just tying an obi..." Mei reminded.

   "N-no! I understand! M'lady! I'm waiting outside!" Thoma quickly left the room.

   "A-alright!" Ayaka replied.

                                                               ...

  Thoma and Ayaka left the estate around 10 minutes after he had left the room.

  "I'm glad there wasn't much trouble..." Ayaka said.

  "Oh! Mei did a very good job with your hair, M'lady." Thoma mused.

  "She's a very kind girl, I'm glad we were able to get acquainted." Ayaka smiled.

  They continued down the stairs and entered Inazuma City after a decent bit. Immediately, they were met with busy streets filled with bright smiles and loud music.

  "Wow! It's just as filled as last year!" Thoma noted as he looked into the crowd of people wearing yukatas of bright colours.

  "It seems everyone is looking forward to the fireworks the most." said Ayaka.

   Continuing to walk around, they paid a visit to all of the stalls they visited last year.

  "Oh, Thoma! And... and.... L-Lady Ayaka!" the taiyaki stall keeper exclaimed, "I-I didn't realize you would be visiting the festival this year! W-would you like to eat some taiyaki?"

  "Ah, yes, how much again for one?" Ayaka asked.

  "P-please! F-for free!" the stall keeper assured, "I wouldn't even be in this position right now if the Kamisato Clan had protected the area of my home from being turned into a workshop!"

  "Oh... that wouldn't have been my doing, it would've been my brother's instead." Ayaka explained.

  "I'm grateful to the entirety of the Kamisato Clan, please, free of charge."

  "Isn't that good, M'lady?" Thoma grinned, "Oh, stall keeper, I'll pay for mine. You may feel indebted to the Kamisato Clan but if you keep on giving discounts and things for free, you won't be making your money's worth!"

  "A-are you sure? Alright... thank you."

  Once they had a warm taiyaki in hand, they headed off towards the takoyaki stall.

  "Thoma! I see you brought Lady Ayaka with you again this year! Oh! Wait! I'm sorry! Was I supposed to keep that a secret...?"

  "No, no, this year is fine." Ayaka smiled.

  "Eh? Lady Ayaka's here?"

  "The daughter of the esteemed Kamisato Clan... coming to the festival?"

  Instantly, the news of Ayaka's presence spread like wildfire. 

  "A-ah! She's right there!"

  "Lady Ayaka!"

   "We weren't expecting you!"

   Though many seemed excited and delighted, Ayaka could sense that there was now some tension.

  "My apologies.. I didn't mean to make my presence one that would dampen the bright mood..." Ayaka twiddled her fingers.

 "N-no! Of course not!" many spoke up.

 "Don't worry M'lady," Thoma assured, "Everyone's just a bit surprised to see you."

 "Yeah! Go Thoma!" everyone thought.

  "Now, now, why don't we give Lady Ayaka some space and continue enjoying the festival? f we surround her, she'll surely think she's a sponge sucking up the good mood, don't you all agree?" a familiar voice cut through the crowd, Yae Miko clapped her hands to get everyone's attention.

  "G-Guuji Yae..." someone whispered.

   "I heard she's a scary person to get on her bad side..." 

   "Yes, that is very true," Yae Miko nodded, "Completely bringing such a happy occasion to a full-stop, would anyone like to step forward so I can show what the rumours mean?"

   Immediately, the crowd dispersed and everyone continued as though nothing had happened.

   "That... was an interesting way to part the crowd." Ayaka noted.

   "Erm.. thank you... for all of that." Thoma smiled awkwardly.

   "No, no, don't get me mistaken," Yae Miko laughed, "I didn't do all of that to return things to normal, I merely saw that you two were flustered and, well, one of my precious workers seemed oh so desperate to see you."

  "Would that be...?" Ayaka trailed off when Yae Miko stepped aside and Kazari could be seen standing behind the stall, she looked nervous and shy.

  "Y-Young Lady... no... Ayaka..." Kazari stuttered, she then turned to look at Thoma, "Newcomer."

  "... Hey, hey, hey, wait, wait, why did you sound so nervous when you said M'lady's name but not mine?!" Thoma exclaimed.

  "M'lady?" Kazari questioned but then said, "Psh! What do I have to be nervous about you for, Newcomer?"

  "Your tongue is as sharp as always..." Thoma sighed.

  Ayaka covered her mouth with her hands and her eyes were slightly wide. Although she had a feeling Kazari might've been here, Ayaka was still speechless and everything she'd rehearsed in her head about what to say seemed to have just vanished.

  "K-Kazari!" Ayaka finally managed to exclaim, running over, Ayaka gave Kazari a tight hug.

  "Ayaka..." Kazari dug her head into Ayaka's shoulder.

  Nothing was said for a while.

  "Oh my, did you two really want to spend this entire reunion crying into each other's shoulders? There's a lot to be said an to catch up on, no?" Yae Miko asked.

   Kazari and Ayaka broke apart, both had red eyes.

  "Newcomer, I heard that Sharar had started dating someone, tell me about that." Kazari demanded.

   "Uh... um.... erm.....!" Thoma exclaimed.

   "Kazari! Yesterday... do you...?" Ayaka couldn't bring herself to ask her old friend if she had remembered Lady Kamisato's passing.

   "I do," Kazari nodded, her voice cracked, "I.... I... I... everyday... I wonder how you're doing, Young Lady. And I wonder if I was being selfish for leaving... even though.... both Lady and Lord Kamisato...."

  "Kazari, I let you go," Ayaka reminded, "You were being selfless for holding on that entire time, and also... isn't it time that we move past those things? We're not former attendant, former master. Now, we're friends."

  "Ayaka..." Kazari nodded.

  "Geez you two, Kazari, haven't you visited before? This conversation has happened more than once, no? Isn't it time for you to realize that Lady Ayaka really doesn't see your departure as a betrayal?" Yae Miko yawned, "Oh, I may need to cut this reunion, someone very important is coming towards this stall, it seems she has business to talk about."

  Ayaka turned and saw Kujou Sara walking through the crowd with a stern face.

 Thoma was at Ayaka's side quick and he gripped his polearm.

 "Ah... Newcomer... you really haven't changed..." Kazari though upon seeing Thoma immediately moving to protect Ayaka.

  "Guuji Yae," Kujou Sara greeted, "... Miss Kamisato, good evening."

   "Yes, good evening to you as well, Kujou Sara." Ayaka nodded.

   "Well, well, why come to the festival with such a serious face? You stand out like a sore thumb." Yae Miko teased.

  "I heard that the Grand Narukami Shrine had set up a stall during the Summer Festival, I was so appalled that I simply needed to take a look and see for myself," Kujou Sara snipped, "Rest assured, the Almighty Shogun saw no need to confiscate anyone's Visions today so I'm merely here for... a past-time."

  Kujou Sara took notice of Thoma and him being on guard, she then saw his Pyro Vision.

 "Hm, I see that you're the same as I," she noted, "Loyal and ready to risk anything for the one you serve."

  "We... we aren't alike," Thoma shook his head, "You help take away people's dreams and ambitions, you-!"

  "Thoma," Ayaka warned, she then whispered, "Remember, if you show you're opposed to the Vision Hunt Decree, you're representing the Kamisato Clan and openly declaring that we're against it."

  "I..." Thoma looked down at the ground, "I'm sorry... please don't pay any attention to what I said..."

   "Honestly, have I not made myself clear? This is a happy occasion," Yae Miko sighed, "And now look, we're drawing attention."

   Kujou Sara looked around.

  "I will take my leave now," she turned with her heel and walked away, "I hope you all have a good evening."

  "That girl, too serious sometimes," Yae Miko sighed, "Well, you two, I suggest you get heading off, there's still much to see and not enough time to get to it all."

  "Ayaka... Newcomer," Kazari looked at them, "I'll... I'll see you later."

  "Yes, please do stay safe, Kazari." Ayaka smiled.

   As they walked away, neither Thoma or Ayaka, and even Kazari herself, could ever imagine that... that short, blissful moment... would be the last time they ever saw Kazari.

                                                                  ...

  "So Kiana? How do you feel?" Mei asked, "A lot better now in comparison to this morning?"

  "Oh, was Subject Kiana down this morning?" Bronya questioned.

  "She was wearing this huge frown!" Mei described.

  "Ahh! Mei!" Kiana exclaimed.

  "Do you feel better now though?" Mei laughed.

   Kiana wore a large grin.

  "I realized I don't need to fall in love! I have you after all, Mei! Isn't that lucky enough?"

                                                                  ...

  "M'lady! The fireworks are starting soon!" Thoma exclaimed, pointing up towards the sky.

   "Ah! They are!" Ayaka noddded.

   Taking a seat on a nearby hill, Thoma and Ayaka waited in silence, staring towards the star filled sky.

   "Ayaka."

   Hearing a familiar voice, Ayaka turned around to where she had heard it.

   No one was there.

   "That sounded like..." Ayaka thought, she then smiled.

   "Oh! M'lady! They're starting!"

   The sound of the first firework being shot echoed in the air.

   "Mother... are you watching?"

    Boom!

   "Wow... it's so beautiful!" Thoma looked towards Ayaka and saw that she was absolutely captivated by the bright colours that filled and illuminated the night.

   The sound continued, while Ayaka was entranced by the fireworks, Thoma kept his attention on her.

  "M'lady," he said, "I love you."

                                                                  ...

   "Freedom!" Abdiel screamed as he punched his fist up into the air when he, Sharar, and Ayato entered Inazuma City.

   "Just in time for the fireworks too." Sharar noted.

   Hearing the sound of the first one being fired, Ayato immediately looked up. 

   The firework exploded.

   Ayato's eyes were wide.

  These ones were so much more beautiful than the ones he'd seen from his window.

  "Ayato."

   "Mother..." he mumbled quietly, he didn't dare turn around. After all, if Ayato turned around... and be met without the sight of his mother... he might just...

   "Young Lord..." Sharar said.

   Abdiel turned to take a look and see what was wrong.

   Tears dripped down Ayato's chin as he repeated, "Mother... Mother... Mother....!"

   The last firework exploded.         

                                                                     ...

Chapter 79... done! How was this chapter? Happy... with a dash of sadness!

Thank you for reading, please leave any comments if there's any feedback you want to give me, thank you once again and stay safe...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.9K 15
𝗵𝗲𝗶𝘇𝗼𝘂 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 //𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘫𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷...
100K 3.5K 33
  ⁺  "𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦?"  ˚ + . *       ✦ .  ⁺    .⁺    ˚   . *    ✦ なぜ泣くの? . + ⁺   . *     . ⁺  ...
82.5K 2K 38
Thoma and Ayato's adventure in high school and how they slowly fall in love art cred tiniditii (Twitter)
13.2K 320 13
──── 𓄼 ˑ 𖥔 𓂃 when Y/N ended her duties as a maid at the ...