The Head of the Kamisato Clan

Ayato Kamisato's day started early. He would wake up at 5:00AM, if he hadn't just pulled another all-nighter, and would immediately get to work. No one else was awake yet so the household was very quiet. If Ayato felt hungry, then he would merely snack on things that Abdiel or Sharar had left for him the night before in case situations like this one would occur.

    Today, Ayato would be far more busier than usual as he had to go to a meeting later that afternoon while still needing to finish his usual workload.

   After discovering the news of Liyue's archon, Morax's passing, Ayato had sent a letter to the Qixing asking for a more formal report on the matter along with what their plans were a few days ago. He had told the messenger to deliver the letter as quickly as possible and wondered if the messenger ha returned with a reply.

   Opening his office door and unlocking his mailbox, Ayato saw that he had five letters addressed to him, four of which were from the people he would be meeting with later that afternoon.

   Ayato sighed. He knew exactly what those letters contained.

  "I'll read those later," he decided and decided to solely focus on the one that had 'To: Lord Kamisato Ayato, From: The Qixing' in large and bold letters.

   Ayato hurried back into his office and immediately opened the letter, anxious to find out more about what about to Liyue's archon, Morax.

   "Dear Lord Kamisato Ayato,

     I do hope this letter finds you well and please know that the entire Qixing appreciates your concerns for Liyue. As you requested for a much more formal report on the matter, I will tell you as much as I know with hopes that you will not allow this information to get out too the public due to us not having a full grasp on the situation ourselves.

    On the day of the Rite of Decension, we were preforming the usual rituals and when I summoned Rex Lapis, his lifeless body fell to the ground and we found him dead. The gates were sealed immediately but we did manage to find someone who tried to sneak away. According to the Millelith, they had strange foreign clothes, blonde hair, gold eyes, and a strange floating companion by their side. Unfortunately, we were unable to take them into custody due to an unknown force helping them. I do believe I have the right to think that they may have been behind the murder of Rex Lapis.

    Currently, the Millelith is looking for this stranger and when we manage to get to the bottom of this, I can ensure I will send a letter enclosed with the full details.

   Thank you and I do hope things are faring well in Inazuma.

   Lady Ningguang"

   Ayato reread the description of the possible murder of Morax. "Strange foreign clothes" the letter said, what could Ningguang have meant by foreign?

  "Well, they won't be able to make it to Inazuma," Ayato said, "I'm sure the Millelith will catch them, they can't run forever."

   There was a knock on the door and Ayato heard a voice on the other side.

   "Young Lord?" Abdiel could be heard yawning, "I'm coming in."

   Abdiel opened the door as he rubbed his squinted and tired eyes, his hair was a mess and his pajama shirt was loose which led to it falling off his shoulder.

  "Good morning Abdiel." Ayato greeted.

  "Morning..." Abdiel stifled a yawn.

  "It's early, why are you up?"