Tales From Afar

Thoma stood in front of the Traveller underneath the large maple tree in The Five Kasen Plaza.

  "Y-you liar! You're part of some super duper important organization in Inazuma?!" Paimon screeched.

  "P-Paimon... calm down..." Traveller held back their floating friend.

  "My apologies... unfortunately, I was given very specific and strict orders for how I would interact with you." Thoma held his hands behind his back as he gripped his fists tighter, hiding the letter he had received from the Kamisato estate.

  "The Kamisato clan... Yashiro Commission... I haven't heard of them before... but for them to send someone to greet me, it's clear they've heard of me... and must want something..." the Traveller thought.

   "So-" Thoma got cut off. 

   "Wait... let us ask you questions," Traveller decided, "Tell us as much as you're allowed."

   Thoma thought about it. But the answer was clear, if he didn't say yes, then the Traveller and Paimon would leave. That would completely destroy his purpose for coming to live in Ritou and wouldn't help Ayaka or Ayato's position in the slightest.

  "Alright, ask away." Thoma finally said.

                                                                          ...

   "What kind of person is... Lady Kamisato Ayaka?" asked the Traveller, after they had heard the entire story, they seemed to trust Thoma much more.

   "I heard she's really, really pretty!" Paimon exclaimed.

   Thoma laughed slightly and looked up at the sky, he hadn't seen Ayaka in three months, now that his job in Ritou was done, he couldn't wait to return back to the estate.

  "Back to normal..." he thought.

  "M'lady is... a gentle person," Thoma tried to explain, "She is very comforting to be around and listens to what you need to say. I would say that she is able to represent the Kamisato clan without faltering and can be harsh, but keeps everyone's interests at heart."

  "Wow, Thoma!" Paimon said, "You must really like her!"

   At that, Thoma grinned.

   "Yeah," he laughed, "I love her."

                                                                            ...

  The next set of instructions on the letter were simple, Ayato had prepared for the possibility of Traveller not being so keen on helping with the Vision Hunt Decree and had written out a test of some sorts.

 "I don't recall agreeing to help with dissolving the Vision Hunt Decree." Traveller didn't hesitate.

 "... Ah," Thoma said simply, he was impressed that Ayato had managed to prepared for this, "... Hm... this is an unexpected development. Perhaps our sources were misleading."

  Thoma thought about it, he had the entire letter memorized. He was prepared for this answer.

  "Still though..." he thought, "Miss Jean wouldn't sing that many praises for the Traveller without anything to back it up... I wonder if something happened..."

  "I have one goal here, to meet the Raiden Shogun."

  Thoma nodded.

  "Yes... of course. I completely understand, and as agreed, I shall help set that up for you." Thoma smiled, he rummaged through his pockets and grabbed the Invitation Letter written by Ayaka.