Here I Am

"Is that... everyone?" Lord Kamisato asked, his voice raspy.

      "Yeah," Ayato nodded, "We're all here, including the attendants."

      "Excuse me, everyone.. can we talk outside?" the doctor asked.

       Everyone went outside and their gazes were begging and demanding for an answer, the doctor looked at his clip board and then looked back up.

       "I'll... be honest, he doesn't have much time," the doctor said. Azazel punched the wall and Liya looked defeated, "I-if he had just come in earlier, we could've done something about it but...."

        "... What does he have?" Ayaka asked, her voice shaking.

        "Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease," the doctor said, "Also known as 'COPD' for short, it is caused by smoking or just independent lung failure."

      "Father... never smoked, did he?" Ayato looked at the two attendants who shook their heads.

       "We have already identified that it was because of independent lung failure." the doctor sighed, "But... Lord Kamisato doesn't have much time."

        "Ayaka... Azazel... Liya...." they heard Lord Kamisato call from the other side of the door.

       "... May... I go in?" Ayaka asked.

       "Certainly." the doctor nodded.

      "Are you sure Young Lady?" Thoma questioned.

       "Yes, I'll be fine." Ayaka replied, she looked at Thoma in the eyes, she was confident.

        Ayaka opened the door, with the form still in her hands and kept it open for Azazel and Liya.

       "My Lord!" Liya gasped, Lord Kamisato was sitting upright and was trying to stand up.

        "Please don't get up!" Azazel exclaimed and went over to Lord Kamisato, trying to urge him to lie down.

        "Ayaka... did you manage to hear my news? That your wedding is cancelled?" Lord Kamisato asked.

        "Cancelled?!" Ayaka questioned.

        "Yes... Ah... what is that form?" Lord Kamisato pointed at Ayaka's hands.

       "T-this is the wedding form, all it needs it my signature." Ayaka stuttered, "Father, what do you mean cancelled?"

         "I wanted to it not happen... did it?" Lord Kamisato asked.

         "Yes, but we're not official yet." Ayaka explained.

         "Give me that form." he started to cough.

         "My Lord!" Azazel helped Lord Kamisato.

         "Give... me... that.... form..." Lord Kamisato coughed.

         Ayaka handed her father the marriage form and watched as he examined it.

        "My daughter... isn't getting married yet!" Lord Kamisato voice became hoarse as he ripped the form in half, letting the halves fall to the ground.

        "F-Father!" Ayaka exclaimed but suddenly, she felt free. Like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

       "Azazel, Liya, the wedding is cancelled." Lord Kamisato hacked.

       "U-understood My Lord." Liya nodded.

         "Could you tell that... to the guests?"