A Smile

"How... could I be so foolish? "

-_____ ________

                                                                        ...

    Thoma carefully crept past Ayato's hospital room and entered Abdiel's. Tomorrow, they were both being discharged from the hospital and would return back to work.

    "So, have you guys been having a L.O.L without me?" Abdiel asked.

    "L.O.L?" Thoma raised an eyebrow.

    "Losing a Liability!" Abdiel exclaimed.

    "Isn't that L.A.L?" Thoma corrected.

    "But L.O.L sounds much better." Abdiel insisted, "So, have you noticed any difference without me there?"

   Thoma thought about it for a moment and just when he was about to say no, Thoma remembered how he couldn't get relationship advice from anyone while Abdiel was unconscious.

  "YES! Yes! Oh my archons, please never leave ever again!" Thoma exclaimed and Abdiel wore a smug grin.

  "Hahaha! I knew that I was needed! Take that Sharar!"

                                                                              ...

FIFTEEN YEARS AGO...

    "Kamisato Ayaka hasn't learned how to properly fight with a sword yet?" someone whispered as Ayato walked past them. He shut his eyes closed as they continued talking about how his sister hadn't learned how to conduct a proper tea ceremony yet. Why couldn't they understand? She was only a young child! She wasn't even five-years old!

    Ayato ran into Ayaka's room where she was practicing relentlessly with the wooden sword, preforming slash after slash and working on her form until it was perfect.

   All Ayato could do was watch on the sidelines as Ayaka slowly got crushed by the pressure. One day, he finally got permission from his parents to go outside of the estate with Ayaka and Abdiel. In the Kamisato estate, Ayaka was chained down by the whispers of the workers there, mocking and insulting her.

   Maybe... out in the streets of Narukami Island could Ayaka be free and not worry about anything. He was wrong.

   "Is that the Kamisato siblings?"

   "Whoa... they're hardly ever seen outside their estate..."

    "Have you heard about Kamisato Ayaka?"

    "What?"

    "Apparently, it was Kamisato Ayato who got all the talent and she was left with nothing..."

    Ayato's grip around his sister's hand tightened and Abdiel tried to make sure Ayaka couldn't hear anything.

    "S-so Ayato Lord! Ayaka! My parents told me about this new place that served good food!" Abdiel exclaimed.

    "R-really? Too bad we didn't bring any pocket money!" Ayato added quickly.

     Ayaka said nothing.

    "Ah... the poor Kamisato family..."

    "I would just kill myself if I were in their situation..."

    "With a child like that..."   

   "She..."

   "Definitely..."