An Attendant

"I... like you. For a long time now, maybe since I first saw you using your sword, or maybe it was when I talked to you for the first time now." Kazari overheard Thoma confess.

     Kazari looked inside and saw that Thoma with Ayaka, both facing each other. Immediately, Kazari could feel her face burning up and he wasn't even asking her out.

     The two continued talking back and forth until it ended with Ayaka saying, 'yes!'

     "No way... is Young Lady and Newcomer actually... dating now?" Kazari asked herself as she watched the two continue embracing each other for ten minutes, what were they saying to each other? Actually, were they saying anything at all? Both looked happy, really, really happy.

                                                                                    ...

     "Ah! Good morning Kazari!" Thoma greeted cheerfully the next morning.

    "Oh... good morning Newcomer." Kazari nodded, yesterday's events still playing in her mind.

     "You know Kazari, I'm not so new anymore," Thoma pointed out, "I've been here for a couple months now."

     "You're still the newest one here," Kazari pointed out, "Come to think of it, Miss Ella, the head of the housekeepers, retired yesterday."

      "I never talked to Miss Ella much, only Teacher." Thoma shrugged, "But still, too bad, it would've been nice if I had talked to her more since she was technically another one of my bosses."

      "So, Newcomer, has anything important or big happen lately?" Kazari ask.

      "Hm!" Thoma flinched, "M-maybe, nothing comes to m-mind though."

      Last night, before going to bed, Thoma and Ayaka decided that they should keep their newfound relationship from everyone else until they got more comfortable and knew that this relationship could work.

       "Oh... I see." Kazari replied and left it at that.

                                                                                                ...

     "Young Lady, please wake up." Kazari said, gently shaking Ayaka awake.

      "Ah! Good morning Kazari,m you as well Thoma." Ayaka covered her mouth while yawning, she still seemed half asleep which wasn't like her, at this time, she would usually be more awake.

      'In the end, Thoma and I ended up talking for awhile...' Ayaka thought as she got out of bed.

     "Good morning Young Lady!" Thoma exclaimed.

     "Newcomer, leave the room." Kazari ordered and shooed him away.

      "Oh, alright." Thoma nodded and left, closing the door behind him.

       Kazari changed Ayaka like she always did, when she first became Ayaka's attendant, she was also working as Ayato's assistant, but when it came down to her working solely for Ayaka or becoming an attendant for Ayato, she ended up going to Ayaka instead.

     'I really don't regret it in the end though.' Kazari thought, tying Ayaka's hair back.

     When she finished, Kazari opened the door for Thoma and told him to come back inside.