The Conference

"The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain."

- Unknown

                                                                                     ...

     Akari was passing by when she heard the messenger tell a housekeeper that there was urgent news about Ayato's condition. The young girl giggled to herself and continued strolling along with a happy and cheerful smile on her face.

    "Did something good happen lately Akari?" Itsuki asked when he noticed the girl with a briht expression.

    "Itsuki!" Akari exclaimed, "I suppose... the game has finally started?"

     Akari continued giggling to herself and skipped past the kitchen, Itsuki kept his eye on her.

     "Such a strange girl..." Itsuki trailed off and went back inside the kitchen to continue preparing for lunch.

                                                                                   ...

    Ayaka walked back into the Kamisato estate with a light heart, maybe spending a day away from her desk was a good idea. On the other hand, Thoma was just glad that Ayaka was able to enjoy herself today.

   Judging from what Thoma saw throughout that day, Ayaka seemed to highly respect Kokomi for some reason and being with her definitely made Ayaka think about things other than work and Ayato.

   Sadly, that all changed when Ayaka and Thoma went over to Ayaka's office door and saw that the messenger had left a letter regarding Ayato's current condition.

   Immediately, Ayaka ran into her office, sat down, and opened the package.

   'Dear Lady Ayaka,

   Due to your absence, I have decided to leave a letter informing you on what I was told.

  Currently, Lord Ayato has opened his eyes but the doctors told me that he is getting weaker and even though he has gained consciousness, Lord Ayato's condition has not improved but rather, has gotten worse.

  The doctor suggests that you go to the clinic either today or tomorrow just in case... the worst-case scenario happens.

- Itadori Yoshino

Official Kamisato Messenger '

    Ayaka could feel her blood rate increase and her pulse going faster. Worst-case scenario? That would be... death.

   "Thoma, we're going to have to head out." Ayaka said and stood up, Thoma didn't eve hesitate or ask why, he just knew.

   Rushing out to the clinic, Ayaka and Thoma ran into Room 666 and saw Ayato being monitored by countless doctors.

   "Lady Ayaka," one of the doctors bowed towards her and then gave an acknowledging nod towards Thoma.

   "Thank you for doing this for my brother." Ayaka quickly remembered her thanks, "Is he alright?"

   "An hour ago, his condition was horrid but it did increase slightly. But now, his heartbeat and pulse are low and decreasing. However, he was able to slightly open his eyes for a bit so we are unsure." a doctor informed her.

   Ayaka could feel her entire weight fall down and was only standing up at the moment thanks to Thoma who kept his hands on her shoulders.

    "How much longer until you know for sure?" Thoma questioned.