Brightness of the Moon

Thoma woke up and upon opening his eyes, he saw Ayaka right beside him, he turned to face her and saw that she was slowly waking up.

    "Ah, it's not a dream." Thoma mumbled and Ayaka slowly opened her eyes.

    "Is something wrong?" she asked, "Why are you smiling?"

     "Hm... I guess I had a good dream?" Thoma laughed.

    "Well then, shall we get up now?" Ayaka sat up and stretched her arms, "Today's an important day, right?"

    "Right!" Thoma agreed.

                                                                       ...

    "So, unless there's any last minute changes, I believe you should be free for the rest of the day." Thoma explained, finishing reading Ayaka's schedule.

    "Got it," Ayaka nodded, "How about you?"

    "I think that as long as I finish cleaning the floors and washing everything on time, I should be okay." Thoma replied, "Since yesterday, all of the preparations for today's breakfast was finished, I think making breakfast for today will be fairly fast."

    "Alright, then I'll come in here to get changed around fifteen minutes before 7:00 and then we can leave at 6:50" Ayaka explained.

    "The festival's at 7:10, right?"

    "Correct."

    "Alright, then I'll make sure to disguise myself as well!"

   After deciding their game plan, Ayaka and Thoma quickly ran out to get on with their day and finish everything fast.

                                                                            ...

   Just as Thoma predicted, making breakfast seemed to go smoothly. Kiana, Mei, and Bronya did a good job of prepping everything.

   "Thoma, are you finished making the soup base?" Asahi asked.

   "Yes, it's over there." Thoma replied, pointing over to a pot that was sitting on the counter.

   "It's nice to have days like this." Haru sighed, coming over to work beside Thoma.

   "Easygoing, you mean?" Thoma questioned.

   "Yup," Haru nodded, "I mean, there's been a lot of hectic days lately so having a simple and slow-going one like this is nice."

    "I see what you mean," Thoma shrugged, "Are you going to the Autumn Festival?"

    "Probably, but I'm leaving once the moon viewing starts."

    "Why?"

    "Well, a lot of people don't tell you this but the moon viewing part of the festival is loved by couples."

    "But isn't that also the case for Tanabata?" Thoma asked, tilting his head in confusion.

    "I dunno," Haru shrugged, "But at nighttime, that place is crawling with lovers! It's not meant for single people like us!"

    Haru wiped away a fake tear.

    "R-right..." Thoma looked away, his eyes filled with guilt. Hardly anyone knew that he had been dating someone for a while.

   "You two, stop talking and get back to work!" Itsuki sighed.

                                                                         ...