Everything We Have

"Regret is useless in life. It's all in the past. All we have is now."

- Marlon Brando

                                                                                    ...

  "Your mother is coming?" Ayaka repeated, not fully registering Thoma's words.

   "The letter was sent two weeks ago and she said that she would be coming..." Thoma quickly thought about it, "Today!"

   "Today?" Ayaka quickly stood up, "Why is she coming to Inazuma?"

   "She says that she has something to tell me in person." Thoma explained, "Nothing else."

  Ayaka looked down at how much work she had to do, she wanted to be able to spend time with Thoma and his mother and if she wanted to do that, then she needed to finish up a lot more work.

   "What does this feel so familiar?" Thoma mumbled aloud, thinking about a certain Pyro girl and a funeral consultant.

    Ayaka sat back down and started quickly reading and signing documents.

  "Erm... I'll leave you alone for now M'lady." Thoma said and stepped out.

  When he exited the office, Thoma saw Abdiel and Sharar coming around the corner.

  "You get me, right Sharar?" Abdiel asked, engaged in conversation with his coworker, "Dogs look cuter from the front than the back, right?"

  "I don't care Abdiel." Sharar sighed.

  "I mean, just seeing their adorable eyes is better than their tail!" Abdiel continued listing reasons.

  Sharar sighed again and then said, "Yes, sure, you're absolutely correct."

  "I knew you got me Sharar!" Abdiel grinned, "Oh, hey Thoma!"

  Abdiel waved and ran over to his friend, Sharar following.

  "What was all that about dogs?" Thoma asked.

  "Oh, Tetsuya and I got into an argument over which angle is best for dogs." Abdiel explained.

   Thoma blinked and thought about it.

   "From the side." Thoma nodded, thinking about Taroumaru.

   "Seriously? But isn't it so cute to see their little beady eyes?" Abdiel tried to convince his friend.

   "Yeah, but then you can also see their tail!" Thoma gave a confident thumbs-up.

   "But their face!" Abdiel repeated.

  "Sharar! What do you think?" Thoma looked at Sharar who looked uninterested.

   "Get back to work." Sharar said simply.

   "Whaaat? But we need you to be the tie-breaker!" Abdiel exclaimed.

   "Exactly!" Thoma nodded.

   "At least we can agree with that, Thoma!" Abdiel looked at his friend.

  "Indeed!" Thoma wiped away a fake tear.

   They gave each other a high-five as Sharar walked away, sighing.

  "Honestly," Sharar said to herself, "Don't blame me if you have a lot of work to catch up on."

                                                                     ...