The Guest

Vaulting forward with his polearm, Thoma knocked out someone who held a gun in hand and their face wrapped completely in white bandages.

  "Thank you Thoma," Ayaka smiled as she hit her opponent with the hilt of her sword, knocking them unconscious.

  "Did either of you two leave them awake?" Ayato asked, sheathing his sword and scanning the ground.

   There were hundred of knocked out bodies on the ground as Abdiel wiped the blood of his sword on the robes of them.

  "M-my apologies, I completely forgot to leave some awake!" Ayaka apologized.

  "M-me as well..." Thoma admitted.

  "We were supposed to leave them alive?" Abdiel exclaimed as he looked at his bloodstained sword, "Oh... guys... I'm just kidding..."

   "Hm....." Ayato sighed as he scanned the clothes of the bodies, most wore different outfits, ranging from red to purple. Ayato looked at a blue robe and noticed a symbol.

   "Check," the head of the Kamisato clan ordered, "Do they all have this logo?"

   Ayaka, Thoma, and Abdiel got to work, they studied the robes and Ayaka then tore off one of their sleeves to reveal something like a four sided flower with a circle surrounding it.

   "Nii-sama." Ayaka called her brother over, "It's branded on their forearms."

   Ayato came over and made sure their branding matched the logo on the robe.

  "I can't shake the feeling..." Ayaka thought.

  "This symbol looks familiar..." Ayato finished.

  "Thoma, Abdiel, come, we're leaving," he said and tore the robe off the unconscious enemy, "We'll ask Sharar to study this at home."

  "Roger!" Thoma and Abdiel replied, they both quickly ran over to the Kamisato siblings, preparing to depart back to the estate.

  From the shadows, someone watched them walk away, leaving the bodies on the ground.

  "Darn you Kamisato family..." the mysterious figure clicked their tongue, "How dare you..."                                                                              ...

   "What?!" Hu Tao exclaimed.

   Upon hearing the director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlour's scream, Zhongli quickly rushed into her office with a teapot in hand.

   "Director Hu! What's the problem?" Zhongli questioned, looking around the room with worry.

  "Ayaka and the Kamisato family can't come to Liyue for their mother's burial anniversary!" Hu Tao cried, rereading the letter her dear friend from Inazuma had sent.

  "Why?" Zhongli sighed after hearing that Hu Tao's scream wasn't something dangerous.

  "It seems an important guest is visiting them at the time." Hu Tao replied, "Not too much detail, as expected from the daughter of a family with a respectable name."

   "I see, they may come after their guest departs," Zhongli replied, he looked out the window towards the floating Jade Chamber and his eyes sharpened, "Director Hu, you wanted to pay a visit to Wuwang Hill soon, right?"

   "Hm, yeah, I wanted to bring Meng there to get him used to the job." Hu Tao sighed, talking about the new undertaker she hired, "Meng's sick today though. Why?"

   "It would be wise to go tonight," Zhongli remarked, "Liyue may get very noisy tonight."

   "Hm..." Hu Tao swung her legs back and forth as her eyes glinted, "Will the parlour get busy?"