Breaking Point

(Editors Note: This chapter will be talking about the sensitive subject of death so if you are not comfortable with that, please do not push yourself to read this chapter)

      "Good evening," Hu Tao greeted, she didn't seem like her usual cheerful self but instead was stoic, "As planned, the burial will be happening in ten minutes and the funeral will be held shortly after."

       "Correct, you were able to get her, right?" Lord Kamisato asked.

     "Of course, if you like,  your family can say their final goodbyes." Hu Tao offered.

      "We'll do that." Ayaka nodded, she was looking down at the ground.

       "This way then." said Hu Tao, "Zhongli, everything's ready?"

        "Yes." Zhongli replied.

      Hu Tao led the Kamisato family over to the burial area, everyone was dressed in black. Thoma donned a black suit, while Kazari and Ayaka wore a black dress.

       Upon entering the burial area, Hu Tao looked at the attendants (technically attendants and assistant) and said, "So, we'll be allowing the attendants, right?"

       Lord Kamisato looked at his attendants and waved his hand, telling them to step back. Ayato and Ayaka on the other hand, allowed their attendants to stay.

       "We'll be awaiting your return." Liya and Azazel said, bowing deeply. Ayaka raised her head so she didn't trip and saw that Hu Tao was scornfully looking at Azazel, obviously not liking him after that ruckus that he caused last time they saw each other.

        Soon, they arrived in front of a coffin made up of stone and having multiple patterns engraved into the coffin itself. Inside was the body of Lady Kamisato who wore a white dress, similar to the one that she had gotten married in.

       "I will be leaving you alone for a few minutes and will come back later." Hu Tao said and left the Kamisato family by themselves.

       "Kaho, we're all here now."Lord Kamisato stepped forward, he seemed like his former happy self for just a few seconds before putting back on his now usual sad and angry face, "I... hope you're happy."

       "Mother, I'm making sure to rest myself every now and then so don't worry." Ayato said and did his best to stay composed.

        "Erm... Mother... I'm trying my best and I'm making sure to follow your advice." Ayaka stuttered for a bit before standing up straighter, she was now in front of her mother, she had to look confidant.

      "Lady Kamisato, I hope you are resting peacefully. I'm doing my very best to protect your precious daughter," Thoma promised and bowed, the rest of the attendants bowing after saying their farewells. 

       The few minutes passed by quickly and Hu Tao soon arrived.

      "Are you all ready?" she asked.

       "... Yes." Lord Kamisato nodded and everyone stepped away.

      "Then we will begin burying her." Hu Tao looked at Zhongli and he used his Vision to help Lady Kamisato into the 6 feet hole they huge previously. The soil filled the hole shortly after and Hu Tao stabbed a wooden stake into the ground.

      "As soon as we receive her gravestone, we will place it here." said Hu Tao, "Now, the funeral is going to start in fifteen minutes, it will be held in the room that we arranged in the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, allow me to lead you inside."