Depressed || JJK

By unnshiii_07

"Are you the cure to my depression?" A girl, usually sad, fragile and always scared about the outcomes of her... More

β€’Introductionβ€’
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40)
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(52)
(53)
(54)
(55)
(56)

(51)

286 18 8
By unnshiii_07

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

*Jungkook's POV*

This is hard.

Looking over at the pile of books and worksheets which were due in 3 days, I closed my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh, my grip on the pen tightening.

Three days?! How am I supposed to submit this much in such a short span of time? Universities really treat us like their slaves.

I'm so done.

I stood up, checking the time in my digital clock. It was half past twelve. Midnight. And I was awake like an owl. My parents were sleeping soundly in the other room, because they were tired. I wanted to talk to Hana as well, knowing we hadn't properly conversed since the rooftop incident. I missed her.

Since it is midnight, she might be alone. Should I call her?

Or...what if she's asleep already?

I started to walk out my room, to grab a bottle of water from the refrigerator. As I was there gulping it down, I received a message on my phone and I immediately took it out of my pocket, already delighted to read the sender's name.

Ugh. These damn spam messages.

I walked back towards my room, darkness spreading in the whole lobby as I used my flashlight to avoid any obstacles in my way. My eyes followed the other door, where my parents were staying for the time being.

And to be truthful, it hurt. It hurt me all the times and it hurt again. My so called parents, who brought me into this world, who raised me, were so close to me. But we didn't even talk much. They asked me how I was doing, and I replied with what I always did.

"I'm fine."

But I wasn't. I was anything but fine. No one knew, no one cared, no one dared to ask. Those who wanted to, I never told them. Both Hana and Taehyung were precious to me. But I would never want to make their lives more problematic by sharing my dilemmas.

Though I had cried with them. Both of them. And they knew that I wasn't fine. But as long as I had them, I tried to be strong, for them and for myself.

But someone would most likely to share the things which bothers him, with his parents. I was willing to, but I didn't have the courage. It never seemed that they cared. And it hurt me even more to acknowledge that.

I chewed on my lower lip, cracking the poor plastic bottle in my hands, which made a squeaky sound in the sheer silence and I quickly dashed back into my room anxiously.

As soon as I sat back in the dim lighting of the lamp, which casted a faint shadow over my books, I switched on the other lights in my room, ready to get back to finish my pending assignments.

In the meantime, my phone started buzzing on the desk.

My lips quickly stretched into a big smile as I picked it up, my thumb shaking before pressing the green button.

"Oh...hey." I whispered, still smiling like an idiot.

Get a hold of yourself, Jungkook.

"Jungkook."

Hearing my name in her voice instead of any nickname sounds a thousand times better.

"Yes, Hana. I'm here. How are you?" I asked, trying to sound casual as I started fidgeting with my pen.

"I'm fine. I was missing you so much, and I thought you spent the day with your parents, so I decided to call this time. Is...it okay?"

She's so thoughtful.

"Yes, you did the right thing. I was just...um...doing my assignments."

"Oh." Her voice boomed and she didn't say anything after that. I tried to think of something to talk about, but nothing came to my mind.

"Um... so, what were you doing?"

"I was just, laying in bed and thinking about you. Have you...finished that song that you were talking about the other day?" She asked in a low voice, and I could feel her being shy, even on call.

"Y-Yes, I did. And I will record it soon...but I have a lot of things to do so I don't get much time."

"Oh."

I think 'oh' is her favourite word.

"You're so cute, did you know that?" I said before I could stop the words from escaping my mouth.

"Ah...Stop saying cheesy things to me!" She whined on the other end of the line and I laughed.

"You shouldn't be awake at this hour, Hana. Go to sleep." I whispered after some time, when she didn't reply. Maybe she was being sleepy but didn't want to end the call.

"I am sleepy but I wanted to talk to you... about so many things, Jungkook. But it is hard to talk so much on call, knowing that you have things to do." She said and I nibbled on my inner cheek.

"Well, I can complete my work after talking with you. So if you want to say something, then say it."

"When will we meet?" She asked suddenly and I frowned.

"Uh," I gulped, "I don't know yet, Hana. There's so much work and my parents are here. Maybe I'll see you in three days? Can I come by your house?"

She stayed silent for some time and I whispered again.

"Hana?"

No response.

"Did you fall asleep?" I wondered out loud.

"Baby..." I mumbled again.

"Mhmmmm..." The response came and I couldn't help but let out a light chuckle, blood beating in my ears.

Oh my God.

"Did you just doze off?"

"Uh... I'm sorry." She said and mumbled something I couldn't hear.

"I'm so lucky to have a girl like you." I said and she didn't respond again.

I wish I could see your face right now. You must be looking all flustered and cute.

"I want to see you so bad." I said into the phone, leaning back in my chair as I brought the pen near my lips, nipping at it absent-mindedly.

"I w-want to see you too, Jungkook." She stuttered on the other side and my grin expanded even more.

"Can we FaceTime right now?" I asked, running a hand through my hair.

"Um... I don't look very presentable right now and I'm in my pyjamas!" She responded and I let out another laugh.

"I think you're forgetting that I kissed you when you were in pyjamas. You look so pretty in them, I don't mind." I teased.

"Jeon Jungkook... you're so mean." Her laugh echoed in my ears and once again, I fell in love with her. All over again.

"I'm going to video call you now, pick it up." I announced before hanging the call. I quickly scrolled and pressed the video call button, checking my face in the mirror as I fixed my hair-

When I realised something.

Shit shit shit.

Before I could hang up, she picked up the call and her face appeared on the screen and now, I couldn't get to end the call.

"Why...are you covering your mouth?" She asked as I rubbed my fingers around the upper part of my lips.

"O-Oh, that's nothing... just-"

"Show me your face! This isn't fair." She exclaimed and I got a proper look at her. She was wearing one of those hats with long, white bunny ears and her face looked less swollen than the last time I saw her. Her eyes were twinkling in the dim fairy lights of her room.

So beautiful.

"I-I can't show you my face! That's... there's sometimes I didn't notice." I tried to explain but she pouted, giving me a death stare.

"Then I'm ending the call-"

"No! Wait! Okay, I'll show you my face." I finally gave in, slowly removing my hand from my lips as her concerned expressions turned into a hearty laugh.

"Oh my God..." She threw her head back and I stared at her in my screen, embarrassingly rubbing the back of my neck.

"Hey, I didn't realise! Stop laughing." I muttered as she covered her mouth and brought her face closer to the screen once again. I gulped, staring at every feature of her face.

"Why," she covered her mouth,"I mean how did you get those marks all over there? It looks like you grew moustache!"

"I was talking to you and I didn't realise that the pen didn't have the cap on...and I just, kept nibbling over it and-"

"So cute, I'm taking a screenshot!"

"Hey, don't do that!" I covered my face again, laughing along with her.

"I already did." She pursed her lips to supress her laugh again and I gave up, removing my hand.

"Okay, my girlfriend can see me like this. I don't care." I tried to sound all cool, when in real, I just hoped no one else would see that picture or I'll die of embarrassment.

"Sure, I have that privilege." She smiled and laid back, keeping the phone in an angle which felt as if I was laying just beside her.

We kept staring at each other on the screen, without saying another word. I licked my lips and she kept staring at me with her big brown eyes. I brought my thumb up to my screen, slowly caressing her picture as I quietly snapped a screenshot, too.

"You're looking so beautiful even at this time." I said, only to see her getting flustered again.

"And I didn't know...that you looked so handsome all the time as well. Your hair, especially."

"My hair? Do you like them?" I asked, jerking my head so that they fell right into my face, and I swept them away delicately. She kept staring at me, a light colour coming to her cheeks.

"I love them. I love everything about you, Jungkook." She replied with a sleepy grin as she closed her eyes and I propped my phone against the pile of the books so it stayed there, with my beautiful girl's live picture on display.

"I love everything about you too. I want to hold you so bad." I said, leaning towards the camera with my elbows propped up as I rested my face between my palms, devotedly staring at her.

"I'm glad we have this technology where we can see each other live like this. It's already much of a blessing." She said as she turned over, holding her phone beside her pillow.

I picked my pen again, wiping my mouth with a handkerchief as I started to write again. Every once in a minute, I kept looking over at her and we kept talking and laughing.

At one point, she fell asleep over the call while I was solving a problem, and as I looked back at the screen, it was her face pressed into her pillow. I smiled to myself but didn't end the call. I kept on doing my work, glancing at her every once in a while.

She makes life so easy without even doing anything for me.

I'm so lucky.

Around 2, I completed three worksheets as I picked my phone up, Hana's sleeping figure still in my sight. I lazily climbed into my own bed, pulling the covers over me as I kept my phone beside me, staring at the side of her face. I didn't want to end the call so held my gaze over the screen, lovingly staring at my cute panda until my eyes started to shut themself, and the last thing I remembered was the light of my screen was still on when I fell asleep.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

*Hana's POV*

I didn't even realise when I fell asleep while staring at Jungkook, who was doing his work. I woke up around 3 in the morning and squinted at the bright screen beside my head.

And it was still on. We were still on call.

I gasped, picking it up as I checked the time and battery. But I didn't mind, because on the other side of the screen, my charming, lovely boy was sleeping soundly, bundled up in his sheets. I stared at him, smiling like a fool, still half asleep.

Oh God, I really do love him so much.

Then I remembered when Jungkook told me he couldn't quite fall asleep on most nights. He told me it was hard for him and that he used to stay awake till sunrise. But now that I looked at him, he looked so peaceful. His thick lashes casted a shadow below his eyes, his hands were pressed together below his cheeks and his chest was rising and falling, indicating he was in a deep, placid slumber.

I held the phone between my fingers as I smiled warmly at the screen and took another snapshot.

I would create a specific folder for these pictures.

And then I looked here and there, clearly no one in frame but still, cautiously, I blew a flying kiss on my screen, to the boy I loved the most. He couldn't see that though, and I was happy because I couldn't do it if he were awake.

I ended the call once I was convinced he was deeply engulfed in his slumber, and turned to plug my phone in my charger. Pulling the covers over me, I squealed as I pressed my face into the pillow again, still not being able to believe how did I end up like that.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I opened my eyes in the next morning, not willingly, but because someone was thumping on my door.

I usually didn't lock my door in case I started to feel sick again and had to call out for someone, that's why I was more careful last night when I FaceTimed with Jungkook.

I shifted in my bed and checked the time in the clock, it was just 8 past 15.

"Who's there? Mom?"

The door opened and I knew it wasn't mom, because she never usually knocked like that. She'd just barge in even when I was changing, giving the excuse that she gave birth to me and there was nothing I needed to hide from her. I still found that statement weird.

As expected, it was my father. I covered myself with the blanket upto my neck because it was a little deep. He followed into the room and stood beside my bed as I rubbed my sockets.

"Oh, what happened?" I asked, looking at the papers in his hands.

Is he going to give me up for adoption?

He sat at the corner and I shifted to get a good look at the stack he placed on the mattress. My eyes widened a little.

Best colleges in Seoul for fashion designing...?

"Y-You already did research?" I asked, looking at him and then at the heading on the papers.

"Yes, I didn't know when I would get enough time so I spent last evening looking up for these. You can do your own research but these are the best three colleges, according to me."

I can't believe...

"Oh okay. Do I still have time?"

"You have plenty of time. The first semester will start from January and it's the first day of November. So you do have two months. But you need to choose wisely and tell me so I can get the documents for your admission." He explained.

"And, what about med school? I still didn't get the transfer certificate from there."

"I'll manage it." He replied, and placed the papers in my lap.

"Are you quite sure that you'll ace this, Hana?" He asked me and I nodded, confidence bubbling up within me.

"I'm going to try my best."

"I hope you make it. You'll get enough time to prepare and... I really want you to enjoy what you choose. Do not pressurise yourself." He said, bringing his hand up and patting my head.

This simple gesture means so much to me.

"I won't disappoint you, or mom. I swear I'll do my best, dad." I said, smiling.

"I believe it. Also, were you up last night?" He asked and my smile disappeared in a milli second.

"Oh, I was watching a video on YouTube." I lied.

I'm so sorry.

"You were talking, Hana. You don't talk when watching a video." I couldn't look at him in the eyes. It was easier to fool mom but with my father, I was always scared to death when I lied.

"Uh..."

Come on! Think of something.

"Is it a guy?"

No no no.

"No! I really was watching a video of a singer and I was just... singing along. Really."

Please don't ask for my phone.

"Who's the singer?"

Fathers are so protective.

My fingers trembled a little as I picked my phone up and opened YouTube, my father's eyes trained on the screen. I opened my watch history and luckily, there it was.

"That is," he raised his brows, "a Japanese singer? You can sing in Japanese?"

"No, but I listened to it so many times that I kind of learned it." I said, putting my phone back on the side table, grabbing the sheets of paper in my hands.

"I can't believe you still sing," he muttered under his breath as he stood up. He thought I didn't hear, but I did.

He walked out of the room, shutting the door. I let out a sigh I was holding in for so long as I kept the papers aside.

Mom was already suspicious, now dad is too. I've gained their trust after so much efforts and I don't want to lose it. But... I don't want to lose what I have with Jungkook, either.

This is such a misery...

I glanced at the stack again, trailing my finger on the words "fashion designing." My lips stretched into a grin at the thought.

I have so many things to achieve. It is hard but... I'm sure I will do it.

A/N

Sorry, took a while. Writer's block is a bitch 😣

Here's a new chapter, with Hana and Jungkook's freshly brewing relationship. They're so cute I wanna cry.

Please vote as well! And tell me if you're finding the chapters boring. It's mainly focused on Hana's character development but it'll soon take a turn. Stay tuned <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 723 14
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ β˜†Includes: Depression, self-harm, bullying, manipulation, and others. Don't read if you have a problem with it. ~ Jeon Jungkook is...
32K 1.5K 25
[Jungkook x Female Reader] ❝ Teacher and student... maybe that's all we were ever destined to be. ❞ This is a story following two people, with diffe...
345K 25.2K 87
β˜ͺ︎ a kim taehyung fanfiction * * γ€€γ€€γ€€ ⊹ ˚ . . β”Š β”Š ⊹ Β· ✧  ❝ Welcome to Matchmaker. An app where no...
21.7K 1.5K 16
One night you're gushing over rom-coms and Jungkook's cooking; a few nights later you're tending to his beat-up face. But while it's his stubbornness...