Beautiful things - jaylor sto...

By caffeine_and_writing

**book four in the peace series** The kids are growing up and for joe and Taylor that's bittersweet. As Elli... More

the kids are getting older
something is wrong
i hate you
hospital
a new ward
its hard
pictures and new rules
home and therapy
Coping mechanisms
the birds and bees
family therapy
going back to school
Cornelia Street
spending time with the kids and adult activities
it's not goodbye, it's see you later
dress
FaceTime call
lunch
the day that keeps getting worse
telling Joe and acute appointment
the wrist
What she doesn't know can't hurt her
I'm highly suspicious that everyone else wants you
the altar is my hips
spending some Time with the family.
dream come true
joe is home
interviews and womanly problems
welcome to New York
all around the world
long live
bora bora
timejump
old wounds still hurt
telling the younger kids
breakdown
scared
Reveling something hard
conversations
not just the idea of something
girl talk with friends
statement
crash
beeping machines
medical directive
tell me the truth
please wake up
came back to me
seeing Joe
sparks fly
ellie is smitten
statement and giddy feelings
today was a fairytale
going to his house and important conversation
the family is together again
I love you
sleepover
hickey
panic attacks and family coming over
the youngest is growing up too
intimate feelings
New Years eve
the courtroom and another step
one thing after the other
the coach
a group of hormonal teenagers
sex talk and the prosecution's office
the box of condoms
exploring bodies and therapy
the gynecologist
CVS footage
getaway
bad partnering
hurt
therapy and mortifying little sisters
walking in and balloons
principals office and sister talk
valentines morning
valentines evening
dress shopping and she might be sick
how sick is she?
the diagnosis
the results and picking a fight
making up, visiting and chemo
friend in need and bottling up feelings
bad communication
pictures and party gone wrong
the day after
#drunkminiswift
screaming, crying, perfect storm
hold your hand through plastic now
out of the bubble
meeting a fan, date and intimate decissions
prom
Vulnerable
Stupid decisions have consequences
couples therapy
sexual assault trial
orgasms
alarms
prayers don't stop bullet holes
romeo and juliet
lean on me
discharged
back to therapy
Wondered where the best hiding spot would be
she gets to go home
unexpected conversations, panic attacks and one direction
you can want who you want
meeting patients
its time to talk
a few hours at school and silly videos
end of the school year
song with edited lyrics
chemo and giving a statement
second chances
last chemo
the festival
first day of conditioning chemo
intimate problems
soon you'll get better
the lake
welcome home again
preparation for radiation therapy
radiation and new adventures
nerve transplant
more news
marry me.... again
new school year
surgery
A/N new book

there are always beautiful things

983 21 14
By caffeine_and_writing

** Sunday September 28th 2036 ** 

-taylors pov- 

"Mom everyone is here" Ellie says and come into my bedroom wearing her bridesmaid dress. We aren't having a big wedding, it's just to renew our wedding vows, but the girls insisted that they needed to be our bridesmaids. They also insisted that I needed to wear a wedding dress if we were going to do this. 

"You look beautiful" I say with a big smile as kenzie and aurora come into the room too in their dresses too. All three of them are wearing these beautiful satin dresses with beading on them that sparkles slightly. They look so pretty. 

I'm wearing a white dress with lace down the arms and a satin flowy skirt. It's pretty, it is a wedding dress, but it's not too over the top either. The girls were so excited to go dress shopping with me, and we did it as a special thing just the four of us. 

"Mom your dress looks even prettier now that you did your hair and makeup" kenzie gushes and I grin at her. 

We are doing a little ceremony but it's not that big. There is no priest or something like that because after all we are already legally married, so my mom is going to say a few words and then we are exchanging vows that we have written us selves. 

We go downstairs and through the curtains I can see people in the backyard. We decided that we wanted to do it here at our house to keep it personal, and we were lucky with the weather because its hot and the sun is shining. 

Guest have come from both the UK and different parts of America. Joes side of the family came over from the UK, three of his best friends from back home with their wives and one of them have a kid too that came. Then my friend Cara and ed and cherry with their two kids came over as well as harry with his son. Selena flew in from Texas and the Haim sisters flew in from LA. Katy, her husband and their daugther flew in from LA too. Blake and Ryan with their three girls are here. Gigi, Zayn and their baby girl is here. Lilly, her husband and their kids are here. Clair and her family are here, as well as Abigail and her daugther. Jack, Arron and their partners flew in from New York. Several people from my management came and of course my family. The girls got to invite a few friends too, so they all invited their best friends that happily came here too. It's going to be a fun day, I already know that. 

Some classical music plays, and the girls walk into the yard before me, and everyone is standing around bit making way for us to get through up to where joe and my mom is standing. 

Joe takes my hands, and I can't stop looking in his eyes. 

"Today Taylor and joe are renewing their vows after being together for 20 years, to this exact day, and then being married for the last fifteen years. It's been a long road with pain, happiness, drama, but most importantly love. They have created a beautiful little family together and have invited all of us here today to take part of their journey" my mom says and I'm already getting emotional but I'm trying to hold back the tears. 

First it's my time to speak and I take a few shaky breaths. 

"Joseph Matthew Alwyn. 20 years ago, tonight we went from playing cat and mouse in an intense friend with benefits situation into a real relationship. From the second we shared that kiss in the dive bar on the east side in the New York I knew there was something about you that I had to get to know. I knew that there was something special about you that drew me in. But I was scared that I was going to ruin your life or that you were stringing me along. Turns out I was mistaken, because 20 years ago tonight a puzzle piece fell into place and I finally found the right person to spend my life with" I say and keep looking into the ocean blue eyes that feels like home, he is my home. 

"I sure as hell didn't make it easy for you to be with me, I put up a fight because I was scared to lose the good thing that had come out of a terrible year in my life. I remember one particular tearful night where I was hysterical and telling you to please help me hold onto you, and the promise you made to me that night is something you have held even to this day" I remember that day vividly, it was during the reputation era of my life, and I was struggling a lot. Joe was a good thing that came out of a really dark time of my life, and I was terrified of losing that, I was so scared of losing him. 

"Together we learned to love again. We learned what real love was because when you find your person there is nothing that compares to it, and I would go to the ends of the earth for you joe" 

"Then we got pregnant in 2020 and I was terrified and mad. But turns out something unplanned and unexpected gave us one of the biggest gifts of our lives. Then we had another, and another before our family was complete. I didn't think I was fit to be a parent, but turns out that when we are in it together, we can do anything" 

"so joe I want to be your wife forever and ever until death do us apart" I say and wipe away a few tears that have spilled as I've been talking, and I wipe away his too. Then it's his turn to speak. 

-joes pov- 

"Taylor, my love, my life, my person. It was hard to think of what to say today and where to start because I could talk forever about how much I love you and what you add to my life. We fell in love unexpectedly in a time in my life where I had stopped believing I would find my person. But there you were at the other side of the room at that party with your bleached hair and dark lipstick. A look you time and time say you look back at and cringe, but I had a not so flattering buzz cut so I feel you on that one love" I say, and everyone chuckles at my last remark. 

"I knew from the first kiss that I didn't want to let you go, I knew from the first night that there was something about you I had to hold onto, I knew from that night in September when you tried to run away from me that I would chase you forever and ever if it meant o got to spend at least one more day with you. We were meant to be my love, there is only you, I only have eyes for you and there is no one I want to look at after I first laid eyes on you" I say and bring her hands up to my lips so I can kiss the back of it. 

"it's been a hard and long road, we aren't perfect, or relationship and our marriage isn't perfect, but we fight for this love. We fight to stay together because we know we are better as a team than we could be apart. Now we are standing here 20 years later with three beautiful, strong and incredible children that are the product of you and me and the love we share. And there is no one else I could ever picture myself having children with, again there is only you" I tell her and wipe away her tears and my own too. At this point both of our eyes are wet and turning red from all the tears. 

"it's been 20 years but feels like 20 seconds. I don't think any time with you would ever be enough, but I will settle for a lifetime. I want to hold you on your bad days, cheer you on while you do the things you love and be there for you to come home to at the end of a long day. You're my home, my life, my person and my lifeline. All I need is you, my love. And I swear to spend the rest of my life committed to you Taylor Alison Alwyn" 

Her mom says that we can kiss, and I cup my wife's face and interlock our lips in a long and passionate kiss until our children express their disgust about their parent's public display of affection. 

Everyone is clapping and now we move to enjoy the party on this sunny day in our backyard. 

There are bar tables sat around so people can stand and eat finger foods, deserts and mingle. Music is playing and I'm truly happy. 

-ellies pov- 

After my parents' cheesy declaration of love and way to long kiss everyone scatters around the garden, and I go to see my boyfriend. He wraps me in his arms, and I kiss his soft lips. "Your parents are really in love" he says and kiss my cheek before intertwining my fingers "they are. That kiss was way too much but they are cute, I guess. At least they are happy" I say and scrunch my nose. 

Maybe that will be me one day, maybe I will celebrate 20 years with someone that I know for certain is the love of my life. I'm too young to know that now, but I hope that my future is Alex. No one knows what the future might bring, and I don't know If I want to know that anymore. I've always been so stubborn that I wanted to know what happened around the next corner, but there is something so beautiful about uncertainty and spontaneity that you can get out of life if you are a little brave and don't try to micromanage every little detail. What will happen, will happen regardless of if you want to or not, so enjoy the ride while you're on it. 

"Ellie come dance with us" aurora says and her and kenzie drag me over to the front of the band that's playing all sorts of songs. I really love my sisters and we dance like no one is watching. Obviously I am a dancer and can dance gracefully if I want to, but when you're dancing like this, you're not supposed to be good at it, you need to dance like no one is watching. 

-auroras pov- 

Today is special, it's so disgusting watching my parents kiss like that but I'm giving them a free pass since they are declaring their love again or whatever. I am happy that I finally got to experience their wedding too. They got married when Ellie was a baby, so I wasn't even conceived yet, btu now I'm old enough to be able to remember this. 

I guess being together for 20 years is pretty impressive if you think about all the people that are getting divorced. More than half my class has divorced parents so at least mine are still in love. 

After everything that happened last school year things are going better for me. I haven't forgotten what happened with my coach, I don't think that's something you can ever forget, but I'm thriving as I do the things I love. I'm not going to let that man take my love for gymnastics away from me. I know he was lying when he said that without him, I could never go to the Olympics, I'm going show him that I'm more than capable of doing it without him, that he was in the wrong. And I'm well on my way to doing that now, I made the national team after placing fourth at nationals this spring. Soon I'm going to national team training camp to keep working on getting to where I want to be. 

-kenzies pov- 

After a bit of dancing with my sisters I get really tired and sit down in my wheelchair again to take a bit of a rest. It's so much fun seeing everyone in our garden celebrating my parents. It's been a while since everyone has gotten together so it makes me happy to see people I haven't seen in a long time. Last time I saw most of these people was at the charity concert but then I was so sick with the chemo and all that, but now I'm slowly feeling better.

The bulk of my cancer treatment is over, now it's the immunotherapy and then just keep having checkups at the hospital and hope it doesn't come back. I'm nervous because they say my cancer was so bad that there is a higher risk of it coming back, but I'm going to just hope that it doesn't, and I can get my life back. 

I want to go to school every day again, I want to slowly start to get back to gymnastics hopefully or maybe I will start to dance, I don't know what I want to do yet. But I know that it's going to be fun that's for sure. 

-taylors pov- 

I'm slow dancing with joe even though the music playing isn't exactly matching with that. Today is as close to perfect as you can get. We are here with the people closest to us, our family and close friends celebrating 20 years of being together. For the last 20 years we have held eachother close and learned that life is better together than it is apart. 

There was a long time in my life where I thought that true love wasn't in the cards for me, btu then I met joe. Meeting joe changed my life for the better, he is my other half and the person I was always meant to be with. There was always a string pulling us together, I'm sure of that. 

Our life isn't perfect, far from it. It's filled with challenges and drama, but there is also a lot of happy moments. With every new thing that's thrown at us ive thought that it was going to be the alst thing before we got peace, but that's not how life works. There is never a point in life where everything gets wrapped up in a neat package with a perfect bow on top. You need to learn to soak up the good moments in the middle of the chaos that is life. 

"What are you think about my love" joe says and kiss my cheek. 

"Our life. How things have changed after I meet you. How you're my home, my lifeline and just everything I need. All I need is you and the girls. Nothing is ever perfect; our life is far from it. There is still so much going on even after going through one nightmare after the other. But I guess that I'm just accepting that even in our darkest times and challenges there are always beautiful things" 

** the end **

Wow this is more emotional than I thought. I started this series on March 11th and since that I've written 224 chapters between 2500-4000 words. It's taken a lot of time and I'm so happy to hear what you guys have liked or not liked. Seeing your coments and interacting with you guys is a lot of fun and inspire me to keep writing, so thank you for that. 

Up next is something Im really exited for. And its out now!!! The ellie spin off and here is the synopsis for it:

Elliana alwyn just wants to have a normal college experience despite who her parents are. But that's easier said than done when the reputation and prestige of your parents hang over you.  Last year her long-term boyfriend broke up with her and it crushed, her but once again their paths cross and the spark from the past flickers once again. Will she let him back in her life and get her happily ever after? After going through several challenges in her life Elliana thinks she is ready to take on the world on her own two feet to figure out where her place in the world is.

Instagram: Swiftielife__
Twitter: Swiftielife__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 870 54
Elliana alwyn just wants to have a normal college experience despite who her parents are. But that's easier said than done when the reputation and pr...
39.3K 1.5K 31
- book four of wisteria hearts - Both Joe and Taylor have had their fair share of darkness, but within each other, they found daylight. And that is...
44K 1.7K 56
What will happen when two different people with different types of characters meet in a school yard? °She's a young woman from Nashville, lives and w...
30.8K 708 29
*Sequel to peace* Things are hectic in the Alwyn household. With the world moving on from the pandemic work is picking up for both joe and Taylor w...